Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe

TheKingofSprings posted:

Fingers McLongDong, I won't be able to play tonight but we should play soon, I'm on IRC pretty much all the time.

I'll be on late at night the next few days so I'm sure we can get it in soon. I'll make a point to get on irc more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

AgentSythe posted:

the only match I will win this entire tournament

e: the best place to ask this is probably IRC but if anyone wants to jam games let me know

I'm on IRC a lot and usually down to jam a match or two, if you're willing to play against a deck that probably no one else is playing

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

kizudarake posted:

Yeah, it'll have to be next week. I'm leaving early AM for a training session.

Works for me! I'll be back Sunday night (Central time) and I'll PM you then.

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005
March Hare let's play a magic

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
http://bit.ly/1zmHVkJ

Decklists

let me know if i done goofed on something

Grashnak
Apr 30, 2006

Oven Wrangler

black potus posted:

rd2

instantrunoffvote (3 pts) vs Grashnak (3 pts)

I'm on IRC pretty much all the time so shoot me a message there and hopefully I'll be around. Friday or Saturday afternoon/evening is probably your best bet though, being in Australia thats about the only time I'll be available before midnight in the US.

I've got no idea what the Lands vs Doomsday matchup looks like but that sideboard looks scary.

MiddleEastBeast
Jan 19, 2003

Forum Bully

Elyv posted:

I'm on IRC a lot and usually down to jam a match or two, if you're willing to play against a deck that probably no one else is playing

I'll find you on IRC probably sometime this evening to jam our match.

Also lol at us being paired after we've played like 10 matches vs each other in the last week.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

Zoness posted:

http://bit.ly/1zmHVkJ

Decklists

let me know if i done goofed on something

I had to scrap the first list I sent you (which you posted here) because my super-secret Island Sanctuary tech doesn't work in xMage :( I sent you the list that I'm actually running just now.

PhyrexianLibrarian
Feb 21, 2004

Compleat silence, please
Hey Ranpire, not only am I available to play our game tonight in the evening if you are, but there's a good chance I'll be slightly drunk at the time!

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

C-Euro posted:

I had to scrap the first list I sent you (which you posted here) because my super-secret Island Sanctuary tech doesn't work in xMage :( I sent you the list that I'm actually running just now.

fixed!

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

"Life is a maze. This is one of its dead ends.

black potus posted:

suicidesteve (3 pts) vs MySwan (3 pts)

Let's battle! I'm good through this coming Monday after dinner time EST except Friday. After that I'll have to wait to see my new schedule.

MySwan
Jan 7, 2015
you around tonight? Like now? If not this weekend is looking sunny as well, you ever on the irc?

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

MySwan posted:

you around tonight? Like now?

Probably closer to 9.

MySwan
Jan 7, 2015
Its a date then?

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

MySwan posted:

Its a date then?

Sure! My Xmage isn't working because reasons so we'll have to use stupid Cockatrice. Meet on mtglegacygoon or whatever the channel is?

MySwan
Jan 7, 2015
I was just about to say my xmage is on the fritz! And its mtgthunderdome

Ranpire
Nov 6, 2012

PhyrexianLibrarian posted:

Hey Ranpire, not only am I available to play our game tonight in the evening if you are, but there's a good chance I'll be slightly drunk at the time!

Sure thing! Ranmilia in IRC, hop on and poke me whenever you're ready, Cockatrice being the platform of choice, all that good jazz.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

MySwan posted:

I was just about to say my xmage is on the fritz! And its mtgthunderdome

2/1 over MySwan in some really good games. True-Name ruined game 2, as he tends to do, but I had a RUG Delver draw game 3 and there's not much that beats that.

PhyrexianLibrarian
Feb 21, 2004

Compleat silence, please

Ranpire posted:

Sure thing! Ranmilia in IRC, hop on and poke me whenever you're ready, Cockatrice being the platform of choice, all that good jazz.

Despite Cockatrice's best efforts, I have defeated Ranpire 2-1.

Ranpire
Nov 6, 2012
Phyrexian Librarian wins 2-1!

Game 1 looked like I almost had it with stacked Batterskulls, but his last dig spell found Terminus and Entreat, and that was just enough to punch through.
Game 2 I kept a hand with 3 Smokestacks and multiple sol lands, drew Trinisphere as well and choked the opponent with mighty fumes.
Game 3... I kept a slow hand with an assortment of stuff, and proceeded to draw 9 lands to 3 business cards, which were promptly countered and disenchanted. Thus it became my turn to be the one locked by Jace/Counterbalance/Clique, and a slow demise followed.

Flea Bargain
Dec 9, 2008

'Twas brillig

I was victorious 2-1 over Wezlar! Game one my deck did it's thing and ran him over with Goyfs, game two he resolved two giant Knight of the Reliquary and steamrolled me, game three he Mulligan's again and despite a lot of loaming back cycling lands never drew much action.

MiddleEastBeast
Jan 19, 2003

Forum Bully
Never feeling comfortable for a second and always assuming I was presenting lethal a turn too slow, I somehow defeated Elyv, 2-1.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

MiddleEastBeast wins 2-1.

Game 1 he shredded my hand and started beating me down with a 5/6 goyf, later joined by two deathrite and a shardless agent. I almost topdecked worship to buy myself more time, but I had to chump with enchantress first.

Game 2 he shredded my hand again, but I managed to get a pile of mana and a mirri's guile out and he had no pressure except an upticking liliana. The turn it was on 5 counters, I found a living wish to tutor for and play sigarda in one turn. Sigarda knocked Liliana down to 1 and then bludgeoned him to death.

Game 3 was similar to game 1; he shut down my enchantresses and managed to beat me down before I recovered.

Trilas
Sep 16, 2004

Molybdenum, let's play. What works for you?

The March Hare
Oct 15, 2006

Je rêve d'un
Wayne's World 3
Buglord
Pretty sure the shuffler on Cockatrice is broken, sigma takes it 2-1~

\/ legacy is great

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005
Beat March Hare 2-1. Game 3 he mulled to 4 and couldn't find a green source before I cast ulamog to kill his port to cast emrakul next turn.

e: you got me with marit lage game 2

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

The March Hare posted:

Pretty sure the shuffler on Cockatrice is broken, sigma takes it 2-1~

\/ legacy is great

Yeah thanks for keeping 7 in both of our games, JERK

Grashnak
Apr 30, 2006

Oven Wrangler
Beat instantrunoffvote 2-0.

Game one was horribly long and grindy where we both mulled to 5 and I was trapped under 2 ports and for about 5 turns where a dark ritual would have won on the spot. It took casting a dig through time and what felt like 10 spins of my top before I finally found one.
Game two I kept a hand that could win on turn 2 and instantrunoffvote didn't draw a second land to play his spheres so I got there really quickly.

Molybdenum
Jun 25, 2007
Melting Point ~2622C

Trilas posted:

Molybdenum, let's play. What works for you?

whoaaa poo poo I just checked this thread. Are you available Sunday afternoon? We can play while my son naps.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Yo is FMLD dead I haven't seen him on IRC

Also scheduling for me is crazy right now, it's seeding time and I don't know when I get off work until like 15 minutes before and I can work like 12 hours some days

Kraus
Jan 17, 2008

TheKingofSprings posted:

Yo is FMLD dead I haven't seen him on IRC

He is a cop, so this might not be outside the realm of possibility.

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe
Goddamn!

I do have a turd schedule and I've been on nights all weekend and tonight. I kinda forgot to post about this. I'd be available tomorrow after 2pm and late at night tomorrow if that works

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Kraus, I'm open after six on just about any day of the week.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Fingers McLongDong posted:

Goddamn!

I do have a turd schedule and I've been on nights all weekend and tonight. I kinda forgot to post about this. I'd be available tomorrow after 2pm and late at night tomorrow if that works

Alright, tomorrow night should work for me too.

Also post in #mtgoon, nobody posts in the other one :v:

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe

TheKingofSprings posted:

Alright, tomorrow night should work for me too.

Also post in #mtgoon, nobody posts in the other one :v:

Yeah I will, the only time I had a chance last week I played Ranpire in our vintage match and it was late. I'll be on after 10pm EST tomorrow.

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007
Per discussion via PM with C-euro, it looks like I took it 2-0, as he conceded to me.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

kizudarake posted:

Per discussion via PM with C-euro, it looks like I took it 2-0, as he conceded to me.

Confirming this, and also that I'm dropping. I'm moving in a couple weeks and am super-busy with that, and then after I move I don't know what the timing will be like with moving in/getting internet installed/starting a job so I'm probably better off sitting this one out. Next time I'll hopefully be in a better position to play!

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
0-2, FMLD wins

Trilas
Sep 16, 2004

Molybdenum posted:

whoaaa poo poo I just checked this thread. Are you available Sunday afternoon? We can play while my son naps.

I just did exactly the same thing. I can do tonight or tomorrow at 11pm central (sorry, I just totally forgot to check the thread). I don't know when the cut-off for this round is, but if we can't make it happen by then, I'll take the loss.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Molybdenum
Jun 25, 2007
Melting Point ~2622C

Trilas posted:

I just did exactly the same thing. I can do tonight or tomorrow at 11pm central (sorry, I just totally forgot to check the thread). I don't know when the cut-off for this round is, but if we can't make it happen by then, I'll take the loss.

Uh that's midnight for me and I have a 9-5, no way am I staying up that late for MTG. a weekend would be better, I'd prefer to actually play.

• Locked thread