Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
vxsarin
Oct 29, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT MY AP WIRE PHOTOS
I'm so glad my mom found this Kalloflex that my dad had. Still get used to composing with it though.

Untitled by Paul Frederiksen, on Flickr

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BANME.sh
Jan 23, 2008

What is this??
Are you some kind of hypnotist??
Grimey Drawer
Can anyone tell me if I have the exposure compensation figured out properly on my Mamiya C220? There is a guide on the side of the camera that shows a bar with numbers across it. At infinity, it says 1x, and as you focus closer it shows numbers 1.5, 2, 3 and eventually 4 at the closest focus distance. Does this mean I should multiply my exposure by the number indicated? So when the number is at 2x, I should increase by +1 stop? Does that mean a 1.5x exposure would be a half stop? 4x is +2 stops so that makes sense, so would 3x be +1.5 stops?. I don't know why they just didn't give you +/- stop values and instead used this weird multiplier method.

MrBlandAverage
Jul 2, 2003

GNNAAAARRRR

BANME.sh posted:

Can anyone tell me if I have the exposure compensation figured out properly on my Mamiya C220? There is a guide on the side of the camera that shows a bar with numbers across it. At infinity, it says 1x, and as you focus closer it shows numbers 1.5, 2, 3 and eventually 4 at the closest focus distance. Does this mean I should multiply my exposure by the number indicated? So when the number is at 2x, I should increase by +1 stop? Does that mean a 1.5x exposure would be a half stop? 4x is +2 stops so that makes sense, so would 3x be +1.5 stops?. I don't know why they just didn't give you +/- stop values and instead used this weird multiplier method.

That's it, yes.

Geektox
Aug 1, 2012

Good people don't rip other people's arms off.

Who you tryna fool with that cropped down default WinXP background.

Just kidding, it's fuckin' sweet.

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

Geektox posted:

Who you tryna fool with that cropped down default WinXP background.

Just kidding, it's fuckin' sweet.

Fun fact: the Windows XP wallpaper was shot on Velvia with a Mamiya RZ67: http://www.nydailynews.com/life-style/bliss-photog-shares-story-famous-windows-xp-image-article-1.1754436

MrBlandAverage
Jul 2, 2003

GNNAAAARRRR
8x10, Fujinon 250, and lots of front tilt.

Garden Hose and Bluebells by Isaac Sachs, on Flickr

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads
I know I ask this question all the time, but how are you developing your 8x10?

MrBlandAverage
Jul 2, 2003

GNNAAAARRRR

Spedman posted:

I know I ask this question all the time, but how are you developing your 8x10?

I have a Jobo CPP2 and I've been using a Jobo 2560 drum with print clips to do 2 sheets at a time, but I just bought a Jobo 3005 so I can do 5 sheets at a time :getin:

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

MrBlandAverage posted:

I have a Jobo CPP2 and I've been using a Jobo 2560 drum with print clips to do 2 sheets at a time, but I just bought a Jobo 3005 so I can do 5 sheets at a time :getin:

Thats right, I knew I'd asked before. I'm resurrecting a Unicolor print drum that I forgot I had to do some 8x10 developing, plumbing supplies are working well. The only problem is that it has not ribs in it all, completely smooth internal surface.

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

My office is in the front room of a run-down 12 megapixel sensor but the rent suits me and the landlord doesn't ask many questions.

Dorkroom Short Fiction Champion 2012

Young Orc

Spedman posted:

Thats right, I knew I'd asked before. I'm resurrecting a Unicolor print drum that I forgot I had to do some 8x10 developing, plumbing supplies are working well. The only problem is that it has not ribs in it all, completely smooth internal surface.

Then it's not a unicolor paper drum which is the one with the raised ribs. The film drum was flat inside.

alkanphel
Mar 24, 2004

Rochor by alkanphel, on Flickr

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

gawrsh do you think any women will be there

What film is this? Also: What city is this?

alkanphel
Mar 24, 2004

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

What film is this? Also: What city is this?

Provia 100F, Singapore.

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

8th-snype posted:

Then it's not a unicolor paper drum which is the one with the raised ribs. The film drum was flat inside.

Good to know, I'll have to find a manual somewhere to make sure I'm using the drat thing properly.

Geektox
Aug 1, 2012

Good people don't rip other people's arms off.

alkanphel posted:

Provia 100F, Singapore.

So jelly of people in Europe and SE Asia where a different country is just a short hop away.

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

come with by mydoski, on Flickr

Sludge Tank
Jul 31, 2007

by Azathoth
My latest ventures..... :D
Been so long, so much waiting, reading, tedious, nerve-wracking etc... hope to start making images in the next few days or so.

viva la' dust!

Sludge Tank fucked around with this message at 09:30 on May 6, 2015

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

My office is in the front room of a run-down 12 megapixel sensor but the rent suits me and the landlord doesn't ask many questions.

Dorkroom Short Fiction Champion 2012

Young Orc

Spedman posted:

Good to know, I'll have to find a manual somewhere to make sure I'm using the drat thing properly.

http://www.largeformatphotography.info/unicolor/

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Sludge Tank posted:

Been so long, so much waiting, reading, tedious, nerve-wracking etc... hope to start making images in the next few days or so.

viva la' dust!

You'll start giving no fucks about the process really fast, after the first few goes its really straight forward. Good luck man!

Awesome, I'll do those mods when I'm back home in a month or so.

Chitin
Apr 29, 2007

It is no sign of health to be well-adjusted to a profoundly sick society.

Sludge Tank posted:

viva la' dust!

Dude don't show us your pee jars.

Unless there's a Christ in them, obviously.

Putrid Grin
Sep 16, 2007

:love:

_DSC8276 by Stingray of Doom, on Flickr

vxsarin
Oct 29, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT MY AP WIRE PHOTOS
Untitled by Paul Frederiksen, on Flickr

alkanphel
Mar 24, 2004

Pipes, Clementi by alkanphel, on Flickr

Tony Two Bapes
Mar 30, 2009
tear by Phillip Chicola, on Flickr

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

mug-shot by Max Piepenbrink, on Flickr

MrBlandAverage
Jul 2, 2003

GNNAAAARRRR

21 23 by Isaac Sachs, on Flickr

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

:worship:

bobmarleysghost
Mar 7, 2006

Yea for real. Killer colours.

MrBlandAverage
Jul 2, 2003

GNNAAAARRRR

bobmarleysghost posted:

Yea for real. Killer colours.

Thanks!

Here's the last one from that evening.

Value Motel by Isaac Sachs, on Flickr

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

Simone by Simon Chetrit, on Flickr

pootiebigwang
Jun 26, 2008
Untitled by Dev Luns, on Flickr

Awkward Davies
Sep 3, 2009
Grimey Drawer
So I uh, shot some Astia and I didn't really think about the difference between E6 and C-41 and so now I'm just blown away at these negatives and not really sure how to proceed but I guess I'll figure it out (yes I know it's too dark and I missed focus).

Christopher by spike mccue, on Flickr

Putrid Grin
Sep 16, 2007

_DSC8300 by Maciej, on Flickr

Man, lately I can't make anything worth a drat. At least nothing I would be happy with.

rohan
Mar 19, 2008

Look, if you had one shot
or one opportunity
To seize everything you ever wanted
in one moment
Would you capture it...
or just let it slip?

:siren:"THEIR":siren:

Finally shot some of the Astia I bought from MrBlandAverage a little while ago. Amazed at how well it turned out for ten years expired -- this was shot at box speed with minimal levels and curves in Photoshop.

No Smoking by Rohan Bassett, on Flickr

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

I actually got some 4x5 published in a real life thing for IRL monies:

http://www.hopesandfears.com/hopes/now/politics/168735-3rd-parties

(to be promptly reinvested back into film :suicide: )

MrBlandAverage
Jul 2, 2003

GNNAAAARRRR

rohan posted:

Finally shot some of the Astia I bought from MrBlandAverage a little while ago. Amazed at how well it turned out for ten years expired -- this was shot at box speed with minimal levels and curves in Photoshop.

Freezer storage helps :)

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

All of the pictures on the last few pages look goddamn amazing by the way.

*face falls, slowly hides ME Super behind back and shuffles outside*

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

subject-subject by Max Piepenbrink, on Flickr

ansel autism at work

alkanphel
Mar 24, 2004

Ghim Moh by alkanphel, on Flickr

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

i'm pretty sure you live in some other dimension, like you're trapped in a "Blame!" like maze, or a Moebius comic, or some Aeon Flux construct

• Locked thread