Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Open Source Idiom posted:

Agent Weaver in as a full-time agent. I quite like her, honestly.

Agent Weaver is gonna get Cal'd

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

bobkatt013 posted:

I assume that she is going to be the one to do the deed.

When did Skye become Clark?

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Man that was a great loving episode of a spy show right there. Doublecrosses, twists, red herrings, and everything pointing to one set of events happening and then turning it into completely the opposite. Bravo show, bravo indeed.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

We better get to see Cal hulk out. Stop teasing, drat it.

Timett posted:

I'm sure the helicarrier houses a lot of people. My brother is stationed on a large boat with the Coast Guard and they will go out for months at a time. People gotta sleep on something. I imagine it's much the same for a giant flying aircraft carrier except even more so.

The beds would be build into it though.

I thought the implication was Coulson built the New Avengers facility (AoU spoiler)

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

Aphrodite posted:

The beds would be build into it though.

I thought the implication was Coulson built the New Avengers facility (AoU spoiler)

At this point is seems like it was just the Helicarrier, but yeah, it's possible that Theta Protocol became a catch-all for "Secret Avengers Support Stuff" and that included building of the new base. Really the only reason I give that any weight is because I don't know what else the spin-off would be about.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
Oh my god that episode

:corsair: Hmm hmm hmm. I have something for you...

:ohdear: Oh no

:corsair: ...it's your daughter's necklace! We just want to be friends :)

:ohdear: I have something for you

:corsair: Really?! :neckbeard:

:ohdear: IT'S DEATH FHELAFJEAKLG HAHAHAHAH :unsmigghh:

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

XboxPants posted:

At this point is seems like it was just the Helicarrier, but yeah, it's possible that Theta Protocol became a catch-all for "Secret Avengers Support Stuff" and that included building of the new base. Really the only reason I give that any weight is because I don't know what else the spin-off would be about.

It's almost like it was obviously the helicarrier but they realised that they were being too subtle for the fans.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
Also Cal was loving killing it this entire episode. Between "Sorry was that old? It looked old :ohdear:" and the goofy shrug and "I'unno!" when asked about the Hyde juice. Never leave us Cal Zabo :allears:

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Aphrodite posted:

Agreed. MacLachlan's performance has been the single biggest factor in keeping me with the show this season (although it's been a good season in most other regards too). He'd better be given more chances to really shine, and he'd better not get killed by Jiaying or any of her incredibly uninteresting lackeys. (I'm like fifteen minutes into the latest episode, so I've yet to see what really plays out this week)

e: Seriously, I want him to pull the eyeless douchebag's head off.

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

Theta protocol being the helicarrier is all well and good but I'm still trying to figure out how that fits with Coulson saying to enact it if he's killed. "If I'm dead, launch the carrier." "Yes.....sir?"

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE posted:

Theta protocol being the helicarrier is all well and good but I'm still trying to figure out how that fits with Coulson saying to enact it if he's killed. "If I'm dead, launch the carrier." "Yes.....sir?"

For the most bad-rear end Viking Funeral ever, obviously.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Raina telling the truth?
Gonzales being the good guy?
SkyeMom being as unbalanced as SkyeDad?

I honestly did not expect any of that, but it works in hindsight. Bravo bravo bravo.

Unfortunately next week the second hour of Flash overlaps with the first hour of SHIELD. That's gonna be annoying. At least the CW has their shows hit the web quickly unlike ABC.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Bruceski posted:

Raina telling the truth?
Gonzales being the good guy?
SkyeMom being as unbalanced as SkyeDad?

I honestly did not expect any of that, but it works in hindsight. Bravo bravo bravo.

Unfortunately next week the second hour of Flash overlaps with the first hour of SHIELD. That's gonna be annoying. At least the CW has their shows hit the web quickly unlike ABC.

Eh? Flash also has a 2 hour finale?

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Xtanstic posted:

Eh? Flash also has a 2 hour finale?

Nope.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

I could have sworn they had 2 more hours and were ending next week. I apologize for any misinformation, let me check my notes...

E: looks like Rogue Air and Fast Enough are indeed on the 12th and 19th, not both on the 12th like I thought. I got my wires crossed somewhere.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE posted:

I imagine he just meant to like...start it up and get it in the air and then inform Fury that it's done or something. But yeah, definitely seemed like something they just wrote in to make Theta Protocol seem like it could some kind of crazy mysterious thing and to keep people guessing.

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

VDay posted:

I imagine he just meant to like...start it up and get it in the air and then inform Fury that it's done or something. But yeah, definitely seemed like something they just wrote in to make Theta Protocol seem like it could some kind of crazy mysterious thing and to keep people guessing.

Almost makes me wonder if the movie people told the TV people to write in some ~~mystery thing~~ without elaborating on what it actually was, or that they told them one thing then switched gears after that scene happened.

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS
poo poo's gonna be crazy next with the following factions all in play simultaneously:

SHIELD trying to stay the top dog
Jiaying and most of the inhumans trying to kill them
Raina and possibly Gordon trying to get control of the inhumans
Skye trying to get them all to chill
Cal being Cal
Ward & 33's crazy sideshow

Can't wait to see how many powered shenanigans the remainder of the budgets allows them to show.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

So now that they introduced Terrigen bombs, can I cross my fingers for Kamala Khan again?

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Slashrat posted:

Ward & 33's crazy sideshow

And to think I hated S1 Ward for not having a personality.

Nill
Aug 24, 2003

I really hope Skye is smart enough to quickly put 2 & 2 together and realize that despite being an rear end in a top hat, Gonzalez wasn't an idiot. She knows that he knew that her mom was an immortal being that could regenerate from a vivisected corpse and wouldn't have "tried to kill her" by simply shooting her in the shoulder with a pistol.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012
If only Raina hadn't tried to combine her well-intentioned effort to stop a war with a power-play, she might have succeeded. You're wanted by SHIELD for killing SHIELD agents woman, there was no way suggesting yourself was going to seem like you were acting in good faith!

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Nill posted:

I really hope Skye is smart enough to quickly put 2 & 2 together and realize that despite being an rear end in a top hat, Gonzalez wasn't an idiot. She knows that he knew that her mom was an immortal being that could regenerate from a vivisected corpse and wouldn't have "tried to kill her" by simply shooting her in the shoulder with a pistol.

More than likely she'll buy it initially, then see the box with her medal while investigating and be all NOW WAIT JUST ONE SECOND SOMETHING ABOUT THIS SEEMS OFF!

RIP Gonzales. You were a good man, I'm sorry to have doubted you. :smith:

double negative
Jul 7, 2003

I figured Raina would be right, but I was also pretty confident that Gonzalez would be the one to kick things off. Going the other way wasn't just a fun twist, it makes everything else a lot more interesting.

Cal continues to be amazing, good poo poo in pretty much every scene.

Mack leaving was pretty abrupt and strange. I understand the reasoning behind it from his perspective, I guess, but I'd also think it'd make it easier for him to commiserate with Coulson. Maybe I should just be glad they didn't kill him off.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum

Chokes McGee posted:

It's too bad he didn't live. But then, who does?

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Chokes McGee posted:

He died as he lived, speciously providing evidence that Enhanced are dangerous.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

OB_Juan posted:

You win about a thousand internets.

TheBystander
Apr 28, 2011

OB_Juan posted:

:vince:

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Bruceski posted:

Hahahaha that's great.

Dohaeris
Mar 24, 2012

Often known as SniperGuy
So...what's that thing in the cargo hold? Neat effect on it.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Another bit of poetry for SkyeMom; everything about her heals except the scars.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
WHY JIAYING WHY :cry:

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Paging Barry Convex!

This episode was brilliant, you guys were all doom and gloom in the live watch. Starting Civil War a mite early.

Tokelau All Star
Feb 23, 2008

THE TAXES! THE FINGER THING MEANS THE TAXES!

OB_Juan posted:

Nice.

I'm glad that Jiaying turned out to be more Magneto than Professor X. After the admittedly fun cartoon evil of HYDRA it's time to have a well-intentioned extremist enemy.

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

Rocksicles posted:

Paging Barry Convex!

This episode was brilliant, you guys were all doom and gloom in the live watch. Starting Civil War a mite early.

Hahaha, yeah, I loved coming in and seeing everyone whining about how gullible and stupid Gordon was after watching the complete episode. What a great setup. I can't wait for double-length SHIELD vs Inhumans.

AppropriateUser
Feb 17, 2012

OB_Juan posted:

Bruceski posted:

:master:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Tokelau All Star posted:

Nice.

I'm glad that Jiaying turned out to be more Magneto than Professor X. After the admittedly fun cartoon evil of HYDRA it's time to have a well-intentioned extremist enemy.

Gonna be a real short lived rebellion seeing as SHIELD have jets and bombs and can track Gordon. Good job getting all your people killed Jiaying.

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

I like how Ward wasn't playing the long con but instead like the shortest con possible

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006

Dohaeris posted:

So...what's that thing in the cargo hold? Neat effect on it.

We don't know exactly - it's a kree weapon designed to kill the inhumans.

Mr Beens fucked around with this message at 10:48 on May 6, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scorchie
Jul 24, 2014
Cal being asked what were in the now nearly empty glass vials.

"Beats me" and smiles.

Reading this thread and seeing all the reactions is nearly as fun as watching the actual show this time :)

• Locked thread