Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Whitenoise Poster
Mar 26, 2010

Mazerunner posted:

oh, the skull on Violet's shirt has hearts for eyes and nose.

that's pretty neat, and would be a cool shirt to wear, I think.

I'd say he should make and sell that but I'm 90% sure that already exists at your local hot topic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

Whitenoise Poster posted:

I'd say he should make and sell that but I'm 90% sure that already exists at your local hot topic.

oh yeah, true haha. I don't think I could pull it off. Maybe I should have said a cool shirt for teen girls to wear, or whoever really, if it makes them feel good to do so and doesn't make them look too stupid which I personally would look, wearing that shirt

but that's a mouthful

Prison Warden posted:

⌈WOW! NO!⌋

is this directed at me? is so I'm sorry for making a post you object to, if not I'm sorry for you making a post I don't understand.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Mazerunner posted:

is this directed at me? is so I'm sorry for making a post you object to, if not I'm sorry for you making a post I don't understand.

People are making Jojo jokes and references.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Brannock posted:

People are making Jojo jokes and references.

i'm sincerely sorry for not reading jojo

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
Hi, I just read this comic. I was very sad when Eightfold died, Boss Leader and Starchman are the most cool characters. Peace

Whitenoise Poster
Mar 26, 2010

I wonder what the spirit looked like when he imagined it before he read Jojo. If I remember correctly he didn't read it until about halfway into chapter two when everyone kept asking if he read it/did it inspire the comic.

Like the Sun Wukong thing was given considering he mentioned it being a monkey and the stretchy powers.

Lord_Ventnor
Mar 30, 2010

The Worldwide Deadly Gangster Communist President

alcharagia posted:

Hi, I just read this comic. I was very sad when Eightfold died, Boss Leader and Starchman are the most cool characters. Peace

New best character is Muse.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Mazerunner posted:

It is also a layered joke.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

Mazerunner posted:

No need to apologize to us,the only person you're doing a disservice here is yourself. JJBA is fuckin' great.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

The Lord of Hats posted:

No need to apologize to us,the only person you're doing a disservice here is yourself. JJBA is fuckin' great.

But gore makes me super uncomfortable! Remember that part where Dio slices that Vampire's hand in half up to his elbow? Yucgh.:barf: :ohdear:

RareAcumen fucked around with this message at 05:33 on May 6, 2015

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
「AWAKEN, MY TEACHERS.」

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
I found a few episodes of the original Anime adaptation on youtube, and every one starts with the same four minute long opening sequence (featuring extremely repetitive music, and someone who I assume is Dio gutting a naked South American lady) :psyduck:

The dub is actually VERY GOOD though :downs:

e/ vv oh yeah, I just meant the voice work is above par

Renaissance Robot fucked around with this message at 06:25 on May 6, 2015

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

The 90s OVAs are actually p. bad, mainly because they don't "get" the whole wacky, insane looney tunes-ness of JJBA outside of like two scenes.

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006

Whitenoise Poster posted:

I wonder what the spirit looked like when he imagined it before he read Jojo.

He actually posted the early design on twitter https://twitter.com/paranaturalzack/status/595688718750633984

:eyepop:

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Mazerunner posted:

oh yeah, true haha. I don't think I could pull it off. Maybe I should have said a cool shirt for teen girls to wear, or whoever really, if it makes them feel good to do so and doesn't make them look too stupid which I personally would look, wearing that shirt

but that's a mouthful

Mazerunner posted:

youre frickin adorbs
mazerunner has anybody ever told you you are frickin adorbs

Flagrama
Jun 19, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
Sometimes I accidentally start reading a Paranatural page right to left. I feel slightly silly each time.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
I've never felt the need to comment in this thread but now that JoJo has infected this comic too, might as well set up camp.

mr. stefan posted:

The 90s OVAs are actually p. bad, mainly because they don't "get" the whole wacky, insane looney tunes-ness of JJBA outside of like two scenes.
The 90's OVA's was a really loose adaptation of the manga series, but it's what helped get me into JJBA and the animation and dub quality are pretty good (as far as 90's niche series go).

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Brought To You By posted:

I've never felt the need to comment in this thread but now that JoJo has infected this comic too, might as well set up camp.

Camp is immediately set once the JoJo arrives.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?

It's truly, truly been a roundabout journey...

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

Now I'm just going to be disappointed if Isaac never pulls off something like Heavy Weather

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

At first I was surprised that the paint spirit cared about muscle but then I realised he was one of those guys who was all about appearance.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

horriblePencilist posted:

It's truly, truly been a roundabout journey...

Yes, those things that were skewed a certain way do line up when you angle them right.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

It's gonna turn out that Isaac doesn't know what Anime is.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
it's like trying to explain water to a fish

cmykJester
Feb 16, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

IUG posted:

Yes, those things that were skewed a certain way do line up when you angle them right.

It's a JoJo's Bizarre Adventure reference.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
If you aren't reading Jojos especially after the last update and the last couple pages then you're actively depriving yourself for no real good reason.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

Brannock posted:

If you aren't reading Jojos especially after the last update and the last couple pages then you're actively depriving yourself for no real good reason.

I've only watched the first two seasons, but this scene is probably one of my favorites from any media.

It's a good joke.

PhysicsFrenzy
May 30, 2011

this, too, is physics
Pretty pumped to see Ed Ned get some character development this chapter.

sun wu strong is p great

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Free Comic Book Day seems to have come out with a copy of JoJo's BA, and I picked it up (my shop had a package deal of each and every one of the FCBD comics for $40), so I'll read it soon.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

PleasingFungus posted:

I've only watched the first two seasons, but this scene is probably one of my favorites from any media.

It's a good joke.

oh my god that bassline

yeah probably I'll watch(/read?) this at some point.

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!

IUG posted:

Free Comic Book Day seems to have come out with a copy of JoJo's BA, and I picked it up (my shop had a package deal of each and every one of the FCBD comics for $40), so I'll read it soon.

You're gonna be confused. The FCBD one is right in the middle of the first story, Phantom Blood. If you want to catch up faster, just watch the current anime going on as it seems to be a very good adaptation of the manga.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?

Mazerunner posted:

oh my god that bassline

yeah probably I'll watch(/read?) this at some point.

Any scene ending with Roundabout is guaranteed to be amazing.
Also do yourself a favor and power through the manga after watching season 1 of the anime so you get to Part 4 which is Slice of Life featuring magical fighting spirits possessing teens, so basically the original Paranatural.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

PleasingFungus posted:

It's a good joke.

I had no idea they used Yes for their ED.

I may actually end up watching this show now.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Update! http://www.paranatural.net/index.php?id=349

Wow this spirit is actually surprisingly reasonable and wise, even if he doesn't give a poo poo

kurona_bright
Mar 21, 2013
https://twitter.com/paranaturalzack/status/596556009679790080

The attack of the gradients! :v:

Yeah, Muse is pretty level-headed. Not sure if he's being purposefully over-supportive of Ed to point out his flaws or he just doesn't care.

EDIT: Basically, does he really not care, or does he care so much that he purposefully makes it look like he doesn't care? Wow I feel like I've seen this character trait in so much anime

kurona_bright fucked around with this message at 07:10 on May 8, 2015

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Oh god, Ned's spirit is so loving cool holy poo poo help

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Muse ain't wrong that Ed can't stand up to Isabel's Grandpa and it's unreasonable to expect him to (no one apparently can), but the flip side of that is Isabel's picked up her Grandpa's preference for strength. Her picking Max before him in dodgehitball is not some kind of sophisticated way of backhand-dissing him, Max seems better at the ball-game so he gets the pick. Unfortunately, I don't think anything Muse said helped Ed figure that out.

We haven't seen Francisco and Max interact yet, have we? Max might just be unflappable enough to blow him off if Grandpa tries to intimidate him. Now that'd be a reason for Ed to worry about being replaced.

Drakyn
Dec 26, 2012

Dolash posted:

Muse ain't wrong that Ed can't stand up to Isabel's Grandpa and it's unreasonable to expect him to (no one apparently can), but the flip side of that is Isabel's picked up her Grandpa's preference for strength. Her picking Max before him in dodgehitball is not some kind of sophisticated way of backhand-dissing him, Max seems better at the ball-game so he gets the pick. Unfortunately, I don't think anything Muse said helped Ed figure that out.

We haven't seen Francisco and Max interact yet, have we? Max might just be unflappable enough to blow him off if Grandpa tries to intimidate him. Now that'd be a reason for Ed to worry about being replaced.
It's not so much that Isabel didn't pick Ed first. It's that she didn't pick him second. Or third.
Probably not fourth either.

I don't think athleticism has anything to do with it, she just doesn't want to hang around with him today. I mean hell, the trip that she used as a blunt excuse to not go to school with him was buying a toothbrush. Which, itself, was probably an excuse to have a talk with Max. I think right now she feels like hanging around with someone who has proven to watch her starboard in the past 24 hours.

Drakyn fucked around with this message at 08:38 on May 8, 2015

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Hrm, he's a douche, but he's perceptive. At least at the start.

The constant insulting and belittling probably doesn't help Ed's psyche, especially given he's so obviously right about other things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

inkblot
Feb 22, 2003

by Nyc_Tattoo
:sbahj: Ed got completed smashed by his spirit. Being unable to help your friends is one thing, being flippantly told by someone else that you made the right choice by wimping out because you're hopelessly worthless is just... drat. Wrap yourself up in a tortilla of sadness, Ed. You are the worst burrito.