Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Does 3ds have any good racing games?

this was hilarious

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pookum
Mar 5, 2011

gaming is life

zip zop zoobitybop posted:

Just buy a new 3dsxl and don't even concern yourself with it. Happy gaming friend.

God bless, gaming friend.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

That hasn't worked out for you so far though :v:.

My problem is I realize later that the companies are tricking me.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Does 3ds have any good racing games?

I hear Ridge Racer is ok.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
work gave me a download code for that aot game. this is how many blocks it needs

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

My condolences.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

noirstronaut posted:

work gave me a download code for that aot game. this is how many blocks it needs

They gave you this instead of better wages.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

Fix posted:

They gave you this instead of better wages.

can't buy cute

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Hmm, interesting, my N3DSXL is hotter than the goddamn sun. It's been sitting on my desk just charging away and I thought something was up when the battery light turned from blue to red. While charging. So I picked it up and nearly burned myself on how hot the bottom casing is. I'm gonna turn it off for a while and hope nothing's melted...

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Crosspeice posted:

Hmm, interesting, my N3DSXL is hotter than the goddamn sun. It's been sitting on my desk just charging away and I thought something was up when the battery light turned from blue to red. While charging. So I picked it up and nearly burned myself on how hot the bottom casing is. I'm gonna turn it off for a while and hope nothing's melted...

Remove the battery. Now.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
NOE just announced some New 3DS bundles, out June 26:

Each includes a system, game, a set of faceplates and a menu theme. MH4/Pokemon seem to be preinstalled whereas Xenoblade is a physical copy?

PaletteSwappedNinja fucked around with this message at 09:09 on May 6, 2015

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

noirstronaut posted:

Clean your screen off you disgusting sack of poo poo

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

I kinda wish I could have gotten a Xenoblade 3DS but I think I'm good with my MH4U one. Kinda sucks that they waited so long to put one out.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Policenaut posted:

I kinda wish I could have gotten a Xenoblade 3DS but I think I'm good with my MH4U one. Kinda sucks that they waited so long to put one out.

I'm actually surprised there was never a Monado-theme n3DSXL for the US, considering it's the sole n3DS game at the moment.

pizza valentine
Sep 19, 2007

DON'T FAKE THE FUNK
Grimey Drawer

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

NOE just announced some New 3DS bundles, out June 26:

Why hath NOA forsaken us?

GhostPoop
Jan 28, 2015
I used to love my 3DS but lately I feel bored to tears with all the games. My favorites were Rune Factory 4, Animal Crossing and Fantasy Life but lately I can't handle the mindless grinding. Anyone have any recs for new games? I've played Persona Q, Link Between Worlds, Story of Seasons, Bravely Default, Fire Emblem and more. Basically I want to know what game entertains you on the 3DS for 100+ hours?

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.
Final Fantasy Theatrhythm Curtain Call has entertained me for almost 200 hours but I'm also a sucker for the music in those games.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

GhostPoop posted:

I used to love my 3DS but lately I feel bored to tears with all the games. My favorites were Rune Factory 4, Animal Crossing and Fantasy Life but lately I can't handle the mindless grinding. Anyone have any recs for new games? I've played Persona Q, Link Between Worlds, Story of Seasons, Bravely Default, Fire Emblem and more. Basically I want to know what game entertains you on the 3DS for 100+ hours?

MH4U is like focused grinding? Grinding where if you gently caress up you die. It has silly MMO levels of grind at some point but the difficulty helps stave off the tedium.

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

A free custom title is a free custom title

Lipstick Apathy
So I started using my 3DS again relatively recently but the Streetpass seems to be kinda wonky now.

I take my 3DS to work and sit near a bunch of coworkers who also have their 3DS's with them, but we don't tag each other for Streetpass. I get like, a streetpass from Bob, but everyone gets Bob, and Bob's the only guy I get.

Is this a known issue? My 3DS is up to date and the mii plaza is up-to-date too.

Afro
May 29, 2007

Mother Earth is pregnant for the third time
For y'all have knocked her up
I have tasted the maggots in the mind of the universe
I was not offended
For I knew I had to rise above it all
Or drown in my own shit

zip zop zoobitybop posted:

Why hath NOA forsaken us?

"Americans are fat and stupid"

Smoremaster
Aug 5, 2009

Don't forget to source your quotes!

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Not sure this continued mocking is really necessary. I quite enjoy xenoblade and Mario golf. Honest games are fine by me.

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

My problem is I realize later that the companies are tricking me.

Is this real life?

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

My homepass setup stopped working over the weekend for no apparent reason, and I cannot get it running again.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
That pikachu New 3DS is really good.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

GhostPoop posted:

If you have a NEW 3DS, Xenoblde Chronicles.

If not... well my huge time sink kind of game is Pokemon. If you dive head first down the rabbit hole that is PvP battling, that poo poo'll keep you busy for years. But if it's not your thing, the base game itself is cute and fun and if you have a "collect 'em all" tendency, then that'll keep you busy for a long time as well.

Beyond that, give Monster Hunter a try? Lots of folks play that game basically forever.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

Looper posted:

Clean your screen off you disgusting sack of poo poo

no

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

Silver Falcon posted:

If you have a NEW 3DS, Xenoblde Chronicles.

If not... well my huge time sink kind of game is Pokemon. If you dive head first down the rabbit hole that is PvP battling, that poo poo'll keep you busy for years. But if it's not your thing, the base game itself is cute and fun and if you have a "collect 'em all" tendency, then that'll keep you busy for a long time as well.

Beyond that, give Monster Hunter a try? Lots of folks play that game basically forever.

As someone who has just started pokemon again, yes. Even if you don't follow the PvP much, there's just a shitload of things to do even after you beat the game in the modern pokemons.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

I have been fought my second Nemesis in Bravely Default and got to say Ba'al i; Turtle Dove is the best one I seen so far.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
I don't know if anyone mentioned it or if this is a common thing for Attack on Titan-related media, but Atlus had to delay the EU release of the 3DS game due to trademark issues with the name, so it'll come out later as "Shingeki no Kyojin: Humanity in Chains" instead.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

I don't know if anyone mentioned it or if this is a common thing for Attack on Titan-related media, but Atlus had to delay the EU release of the 3DS game due to trademark issues with the name, so it'll come out later as "Shingeki no Kyojin: Humanity in Chains" instead.

I read about that but wasn't sure why it happened (since of course they didn't say). Did they forget to trademark Attack on Titan in EU and someone snatched it up or something?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Any words on what the trademark conflicted with, out of curiosity?

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

GhostPoop posted:

Really I'm just waiting for 2016. Bravely Second, Fire Emblem If, The Great Ace Attorney. It'll be 2013 all over again.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

codenameFANGIO posted:

Hahaha it's even better than I imagined.

OUR OWN HARVEST MOON HAS BEGUN.

HARVEST MOON 3
THE END

I like how the guy wears his best backwards blue hat for his wedding ceremony.

I've always found it weird that they never make a sensible translation to "Harvest Moon" from the original title. Like they just did a global search and replace on the game script.

GhostPoop posted:

I've logged more hours on Pokemon Shuffle than I care to admit. It's the perfect game to leave on sleep mode and pick up for 5 minutes and play 5 stages, or farm Meowth 5 times for coins.

raditts fucked around with this message at 14:52 on May 6, 2015

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

I love Leinster and I couldn't be happier that Jordie Barrett has signed with them on a short term deal.

Each includes a system, game, a set of faceplates and a menu theme. MH4/Pokemon seem to be preinstalled whereas Xenoblade is a physical copy?

That Xenoblade bundle has been available in Nintendo's online store since the launch of the game.

The faceplates included feel really weird, like they're made out of a completely different, thinner material than the others.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

GhostPoop posted:

Maybe you are burnt out on Grundy RPGs? Get Mario land 3d or something fun?

My phone autocorrected grindy to Grundy and frankly I'm impressed

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

I guess because the game won't fit on the 4GB SD card the console comes with, it's probably easier to just include a physical copy instead of change the production line to include larger SD cards.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Maybe you are burnt out on Grundy RPGs?

Bought on a Monday, bored on Sunday.

But seriously, it sound like you need a kick off from RPGs for a while, go grab a cheap eshop game that isn't an RPG befor you dive into something grindy. Like Mighty Switch force or one of the Picross games.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

GhostPoop posted:

I've been into the Advance Wars games recently, scratches the SRPG itch without the, uh, RPG elements. No grinding, no carryover between maps, just Strategy. There were two DS games- Days of Ruin and Dual Strike. I personally like Days of Ruin better as it pared back a lot of gimmicky nonsense that didn't add a whole lot to the game in Dual Strike and toned down the ridiculous CO powers. Days of Ruin also appears to be a little cheaper.

Fryhtaning
Jul 21, 2010

Anora posted:

Bought on a Monday, bored on Sunday.

But seriously, it sound like you need a kick off from RPGs for a while, go grab a cheap eshop game that isn't an RPG befor you dive into something grindy. Like Mighty Switch force or one of the Picross games.

Pretty much this. I did BD and SMT IV back to back and never wanted to play another game again, since I'm mostly an RPG player. Then I played Mario Golf, Mario Kart, Rusty's Baseball, and even Steel Diver, and now I'm fully recovered and currently balls deep in FE.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
Lmao, I got steel diver cause it was 3 bucks at the local pisscoland(funcoland((gamestop))) looks pretty cool but haven't even started it up yet. Since it's a nintendo joint it probably will be filling out surveys and sweeping on the docks before every sub mission.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Lmao, I got steel diver cause it was 3 bucks at the local pisscoland(funcoland((gamestop))) looks pretty cool but haven't even started it up yet. Since it's a nintendo joint it probably will be filling out surveys and sweeping on the docks before every sub mission.

I'm sorry to tell you, but Steel Diver is a turn based RPG where you can change the jobs of torpedos. You should probably return it.