Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
bernie supports guns because like 90% of his state hunts animals

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

LOU BEGAS MUSTACHE posted:

And it lacks inner city violence problems on the scales seen in more typically antigun states and ha an exceptionally low violent crime rate. No reason to bring up guns negatively and risk votes with demographics like that.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
Ben Carson has some... interesting views about checks and balances:

quote:

Republican presidential candidate and tea party favorite Ben Carson said in an interview with Newsmax that the President of the United States doesn't have to follow the Supreme Court if the high court were to rule in favor of same-sex marriage.

"First of all, we have to understand how the Constitution works. The president is required to carry out the laws of the land, the laws of the land come from the legislative branch," Carson said on Tuesday. "So if the legislative branch creates a law or changes a law, the executive branch has a responsibly to carry it out. It doesn’t say they have the responsibility to carry out a judicial law. And that's something we need to talk about."

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

DaveWoo posted:

Of course the President doesn't have to listen to the Supreme Court when the Supreme Court tells him to do something.

Worked out real well for Richard Nixon, after all. :downsbravo:

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.

DaveWoo posted:

He favors the Andrew Jackson method of the Presidency, I see.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

I prefer my headcannon that his reasoning is this:

Karl Marx posted:

The whole proletariat must be armed at once with muskets, rifles, cannon and ammunition

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

DaveWoo posted:

Someone doesn't carry around a pocket constitution (made in Taiwan).

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!

DaveWoo posted:

Marbury? Never heard of him.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Bernie voted for the Manchin-Toomey gun control bill when it was up in the Senate in 2013. He also voted for Feinstein's assault weapons ban amendment to the bill. :ssh:

Dilkington
Aug 6, 2010

"Al mio amore Dilkington, Gennaro"

quote:

"a close friend of Sanders once said that the senator “thinks there’s an elitism in the anti-gun movement.”

SedanChair and I will be canvassing for Senator Sanders for the next 550 days. See you out there.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Jerry Manderbilt posted:

He favors the Andrew Jackson method of the Presidency, I see.

We need more Presidential candidates who will duel at the drop of a hat over their wife. Or because it's Tuesday.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Joementum posted:

Bernie voted for the Manchin-Toomey gun control bill when it was up in the Senate in 2013. He also voted for Feinstein's assault weapons ban amendment to the bill. :ssh:

So he's doing the Ron Paul strategy of adding amendments and then voting against the bills.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

menino posted:

What favors can the GOP bestow on Carson and Fiorina? I imagine that they're being pushed to be able to attack from a position of 'authenticity' on the identity politics issues and weaken the Democrats.

Neither one strike me as megalomaniacs and they have enough money, so I'm assuming that they're being rewarded somehow. Or are they actually just that vain/crazy?

Fiorina is absolutely that vain.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Evil Fluffy posted:

You don't think Carson is too? He strikes me as exactly that vain--the rear end in a top hat doctor who thinks that because he's a medical genius it must apply to all areas of his life.

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.
At least Carson was a successful neurosurgeon before getting on the wingnut welfare gravy train. Fiorina's just a total failure of a CEO who failed upward all her life.

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Carson, at least, has a pretty noisy "Draft Ben Carson 2016" movement behind him. Conservatives adore the man, although none of that is likely to translate into real support in the primary.

Fiorina doesn't seem to realize that her big, defining achievement is one that Republican power players probably do not give a poo poo about. If anything the people she's trying to get money & support from probably think that CEOs should be men and Fiorina's disastrous tenure at HP proves that.

gohmak
Feb 12, 2004
cookies need love
Where is the Sanders choo choo so I can get on board?

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "

Jerry Manderbilt posted:

At least Carson was a successful neurosurgeon before getting on the wingnut welfare gravy train. Fiorina's just a total failure of a CEO who failed upward all her life.

2016 Peter Principle Primary: :(

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost

gohmak posted:

You'll find it on the track marked "never leaving the station."

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum
I just want to know when the republicans are going to start trash talking each other and clawing each other's eyes out. Anyone got any idea when that'll start?

railroad terror
Jul 2, 2007

choo choo
I feel like Ben Carson's political intuition is going to make Fred Thompson and Wesley Clark's campaigns -- other "draft this guy!!!" movements -- look absolutely brilliant. At least Clark won a primary (Oklahoma, IIRC)

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!

Evil Fluffy posted:

Yeah, I've heard some interviews with her and she doesn't use any self depreciating humor or other tactics politicians typically use to humanize herself, she just sits there and brags about how awesome she is the whole time and how everyone else sucks.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

MaxxBot posted:

Yeah, I've heard some interviews with her and she doesn't use any self depreciating humor or other tactics politicians typically use to humanize herself, she just sits there and brags about how awesome she is the whole time and how everyone else sucks.

Fiorina 2016: Everyone Sucks But Me

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
From yesterday's NBC/WSJ poll.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

gohmak posted:

I'd make a joke about Howard Dean here but almost everyone would incorrectly assume I was alluding to his 2004 campaign flameout rather than his train-friendly time as governor.

Guiness13
Feb 17, 2007

The best angel of all.

Raskolnikov38 posted:

Warren could die today and in a week a poll would be released stating her corpse's numbers.

And they'd probably go up from the publicity.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Joementum posted:

everything's coming up sanders

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Joementum posted:

Doesn't "Atheist" usually blow all the other categories out of the water? :redditsay:

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
also I'm voting for Sanders because first non-christian president is more important to me than first woman

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
Less reservations about a gay/lesbian candidate than an evangelical christian candidate :unsmith:

Mecca-Benghazi
Mar 31, 2012

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

also I'm voting for Sanders because first non-christian president is more important to me than first woman
There's a joke about Barack Hussein Obama in here somewhere

Series DD Funding
Nov 25, 2014

by exmarx
Looks like somebody forgot about Jefferson.

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

Mecca-Benghazi posted:

Also JFK

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!
Man Evangelicals have completely trashed their brand, couldn't have happened to a more deserving group. I just feel bad for the ones who aren't bigots and don't want to cut ties with the church completely.

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

Don't want to end up a cartoon

In a cartoon graveyard

Joementum posted:

how is hispanic worse off than black, im legitimately surprised

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost

Lemniscate Blue posted:

Doesn't "Atheist" usually blow all the other categories out of the water? :redditsay:

Pretty much. It's why the other conspiracy about Obama not really being Christian is that he's a secret atheist or agnostic.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost

Mecca-Benghazi posted:

Also Jefferson and JFK.

Beaten and accidental double post. Woops.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

joeburz posted:

how is hispanic worse off than black, im legitimately surprised

"I'm not racist! I have black friends! I'd vote for Ben Carson! Illegals need to get out, speak English like Jesus did!"

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

And James Monroe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mecca-Benghazi
Mar 31, 2012

He's the current sitting president and their names aren't as fun to write out. :colbert:

• Locked thread