Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Groggy nard
Aug 6, 2013

How does into botes?

Pierson posted:

Wow, apparently NFA is dead as well now? That's surprising to me, I thought they were the 4chan guild. Are there any guilds on the server either alive or not filled with shitheads?

Touch Fluffy Tail is the 4chan guild that is still alive, but they mostly play the race that we don't talk about here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

Groggy nard posted:

Touch Fluffy Tail is the 4chan guild that is still alive, but they mostly play the race that we don't talk about here.

TFT is cool and fine but they don't recruit as openly as NFA does. If you're moderately active on /a/ you can get in.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Why couldn't they let popori be reapers too. It's more than just not wanting to be an elin, it's because a fat raccoon assassin with scythes would be hilarious.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

CompeAnansi posted:

ESO is great now. It's action combat is just about as good as TERA imo and the gearing system is way less frustrating. That said, I do have a bit of an itch to pick up TERA again...

Say what you will about TERA but "ESO is great now" is about as much of a flat out lie as there is. :v:

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Character slots and some other things are on sale today if you need to make room for that gunner you're going to make.

Blorknorg
Jul 19, 2003
Crush me like a Blorknorg!

Nice! They're re-enabling the Plex-like system into the game when it comes to steam on May 5th, and the entirety of May is double exp!

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Blorknorg posted:

Nice! They're re-enabling the Plex-like system into the game when it comes to steam on May 5th, and the entirety of May is double exp!

So double XP starting today? Or after the 5th?

Blorknorg
Jul 19, 2003

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

So double XP starting today? Or after the 5th?

It's typically vague of them. http://tera.enmasse.com/news/posts/happy-third-anniversary-tera Doesn't hurt to poke in to check though, I believe the exp bonus will be displayed towards the mid left of the screen just above the chat window?

"Leveling Event: Everyone receives double XP while hunting, in addition to free rewards upon reaching certain levels (starting at level 12). These rewards range from free trials of elite status, gold, boosts, crystals, and even cosmetics. This event will last until Tuesday, June 2, and we will be releasing full details on this event very soon."

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

How active is the goon guild on Mount T? Thinking about trying this game and trying to decide which server to go on with a few friends.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

soscannonballs posted:

How active is the goon guild on Mount T? Thinking about trying this game and trying to decide which server to go on with a few friends.

There isn't a Goon Guild anymore. NFA is kinda dead too apparently. You don't really need a lot of people to play with though, so just pick whichever realm name you like the most and if you've got 4 friends then you're good for pretty much everything.

MShadowy
Sep 30, 2013

dammit eyes don't work that way!

Fun Shoe

Anatharon posted:

There isn't a Goon Guild anymore. NFA is kinda dead too apparently. You don't really need a lot of people to play with though, so just pick whichever realm name you like the most and if you've got 4 friends then you're good for pretty much everything.

To further elaborate on the NFA being kinda dead thing, the guild has been gradually shedding members since about the time the guild dropped below rank 20. A lot of them have been jumping ship to TFT, I guess? That being said NFA's membership seems to be more inactive than fleeing. It is uncertain how long this situation will persist or if it will at any point reverse. Wait and see I guess.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

MShadowy posted:

To further elaborate on the NFA being kinda dead thing, the guild has been gradually shedding members since about the time the guild dropped below rank 20. A lot of them have been jumping ship to TFT, I guess? That being said NFA's membership seems to be more inactive than fleeing. It is uncertain how long this situation will persist or if it will at any point reverse. Wait and see I guess.

If it doesn't change tomorrow then it's probably permanent.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

For those who haven't seen the posts, the steam release is delayed until they've stabilized the servers, since they're being thrashed right now.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Tsurupettan posted:

For those who haven't seen the posts, the steam release is delayed until they've stabilized the servers, since they're being thrashed right now.

Just lol.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

Steam install is active, along with a ton of 'dlc' packs that are garbage.

Groggy nard
Aug 6, 2013

How does into botes?
If you ever wanted to just DAKKADAKKADAKKA WAAAUGH in a fantasy MMO, holy poo poo Arcane Engineer at level 8 or so :jebstare:

AzureSkys
Apr 27, 2003

Absolutely loving the gunner class. Havnt had this much fun in awhile.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

The best part of this patch is that you can buy and upgrade skills in the field.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

I giggle like a girl every time I time bomb/grenade/scatter, dodge, scatter something. Tera is all about action combat and this removes it by making it so I just walk up to something and blowing it the gently caress up before it can do anything to me. Also the level 10 skill is just :getin: :black101:

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

The gunner might actually be more fun than the lancer. I didn't think it was possible, but it might be.

Here is the official fun class tier list:

Lancer/gunner
Berserker/priest
Everyone else, who gives a poo poo
Doing taxes
Mystic

VoLaTiLe
Oct 21, 2010

He's Behind you
I used to have a Tera account before it when F2P, would I be able to retreive my account somehow if I decided to pick this up again?

The gunner class looks really fun, I did play a Lancer which I really enjoyed and the Gunner gameplay looks awesome

Mimsy
Oct 25, 2008
Got a gunner to level 26 in one session. That poo poo being a plate class is as overpowered as all hell and I love it.

FunkyFlashman
May 10, 2013
Finally this game re-installs itself properly. After removing the game once at release i could never reinstall again. Now it works.

Blorknorg
Jul 19, 2003

VoLaTiLe posted:

I used to have a Tera account before it when F2P, would I be able to retreive my account somehow if I decided to pick this up again?

The gunner class looks really fun, I did play a Lancer which I really enjoyed and the Gunner gameplay looks awesome

You should be able to as long as you have the email and you can recount your personal info on the account and your secret question. Additionally since you had a boxed copy you get eight character slots and some other perks for being a "Founder" account.

Edit: Or hell I guess you weren't asking that exactly. Yes all accounts are still around, it's pretty simple to request a password reset if you have access to the email you used to sign up with.

Silhouette Wires
May 9, 2014

Never Knows Best
I just saw Tera on steam and went "huh, wait new class???". Watching that gunner video really made me want to hop back in the game. But I just restarted my DFO addiction :negative:

VoLaTiLe
Oct 21, 2010

He's Behind you

Blorknorg posted:

You should be able to as long as you have the email and you can recount your personal info on the account and your secret question. Additionally since you had a boxed copy you get eight character slots and some other perks for being a "Founder" account.

Edit: Or hell I guess you weren't asking that exactly. Yes all accounts are still around, it's pretty simple to request a password reset if you have access to the email you used to sign up with.

Yea thats sounds cool I'll probably give the game another spin then it was quite a cool solo game to be honest even if it was an MMO

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

VoLaTiLe posted:

Yea thats sounds cool I'll probably give the game another spin then it was quite a cool solo game to be honest even if it was an MMO

I was in the same position, but be aware that it'll ask you a security question, so I hope you remember the answer. I ended up remembering the password, so thank god for that.

Also when I logged in I got a giant crab mech mount and it's amazing :allears: so be sure to check your item claim, there'll probably be a shitload of blue and purple fires and charms and free mounts.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I can't say enough how impressed I am with the gunner (along with the improvements they're still making to the game overall). They added basically every cool gun type as a skill. The shotgun and shock combo are satisfying, grenade and time bomb are both useful, you have a charge buster, a really meaty chain gun, and even the basic attack feels good to use. Only thing missing is a charge up death laser, but from perusing the skill list it looks like I just haven't gotten to it yet. Can't speak for pvp balance, but I've read they have a really low base crit rate and their mobility deels lower middle of the pack.

The gunner specific armor skins also look cool and are surprisingly conservative for this game.

Groggy nard
Aug 6, 2013

How does into botes?

chumbler posted:

Only thing missing is a charge up death laser, but from perusing the skill list it looks like I just haven't gotten to it yet.

https://youtu.be/CBLJjLcebPc

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

chumbler posted:

I can't say enough how impressed I am with the gunner (along with the improvements they're still making to the game overall). They added basically every cool gun type as a skill. The shotgun and shock combo are satisfying, grenade and time bomb are both useful, you have a charge buster, a really meaty chain gun, and even the basic attack feels good to use. Only thing missing is a charge up death laser, but from perusing the skill list it looks like I just haven't gotten to it yet. Can't speak for pvp balance, but I've read they have a really low base crit rate and their mobility deels lower middle of the pack.

The gunner specific armor skins also look cool and are surprisingly conservative for this game.

According to pubbies at lumbertown gunner is king shitheel of pvp duels because they can poo poo on archers.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
If I have an NA account but I use the UK/EU Steam client am I boned? I know some games get hosed over by the EU/NA divide (like Vindictus). Am I gonna have to keep using the regular client to play my NA account?

Phosphia
Jan 29, 2013

Oh you.. :>
I don't think there is an EU steam client.

nehezir
Aug 9, 2011

Stalwart Guardian of the Lewd
the basic attack is pretty much just like the academic from dragon nest. amusing and satisfying.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Yeeeeeeeeeessssss. That's what I need. Megabusters are the key to my heart. If only they had a Megaman costume, or a way to make a reasonable facsimile.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

Phosphia posted:

I don't think there is an EU steam client.
I checked and it was there but when you click it says 'not available in your region' so you're probably right and it'll be removed when someone spots it. Welp. :(

Forgotton
Dec 31, 2010
Just started playing and having some fun with the game. Are any of the packs on Steam worth buying?

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

Forgotton posted:

Just started playing and having some fun with the game. Are any of the packs on Steam worth buying?

IMO, they're complete garbage and bait for people with too much money, unless you REALLY like cosmetics. If you want to put some cash in, tack a month on for 15 bucks. It doubles your exp and money along with some other nice tertiary benefits/conveniences.

Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!
Does Sync or Adrenalize still play?

I'm thinking about reinstalling and re-assemble the CS Krew again.

Blorknorg
Jul 19, 2003

Tsurupettan posted:

IMO, they're complete garbage and bait for people with too much money, unless you REALLY like cosmetics. If you want to put some cash in, tack a month on for 15 bucks. It doubles your exp and money along with some other nice tertiary benefits/conveniences.

Elite's second most significant bonus perk is that you get a 'Village Atlas'. This item lets you Teleport, at will, to any village or city in the game at any time (beyond the tutorial). You essentially get to skip every flightpath while you have elite.

Edit: You also get an item that lets you choose (I think) three bind points anywhere in the world that you can teleport to at will and change whenever you feel like it. Elite's pretty nice especially since they let you get it with EMP now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super Space Jam 64
Jan 6, 2010

Yet another violation of regulation 1910 subpart D.

Wassbix posted:

Does Sync or Adrenalize still play?

I'm thinking about reinstalling and re-assemble the CS Krew again.

I've been trying to get in touch with you but I can't remember which of the horrible names polluting my steam friends list is you. I've been leveling my mystic a bit but it'd be fun to play together again. I had a lot of fun when we were a ghetto static of three farming kelsaik's to help gear each other up, the game's a lot of fun when you don't have to ever deal with the lovely community outside of our circle.

edit: my character is also apparently still in DGKK and there's a long list of applicants, mostly pub but a handful of goons as well... I don't have permission to accept applicants and DGKK is totally dead at the moment, but if you transfer permission to Kilobyte I can try to get the ball rolling again I guess. Probably better to try to resurrect NFA though.

Super Space Jam 64 fucked around with this message at 22:06 on May 6, 2015

• Locked thread