Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

MourningView posted:

If I can somehow trick my future wife into naming a kid after someone related to Iowa football it will be someone rad like Hayden or Tim Dwight, not some nerd from 100 years ago who couldn't land a plane.

Hayden is close enough to current trendy baby names that I really think I can pull it off. Gonna dress him (or her!) in white pants, wide collared shirts and aviators at all times. Gonna have the flyest baby in the whole daycare.

With this hat:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
I am a proud owner of that hat but I must call foul on you for posting a Hayden picture where he is clean shaven

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!
I want that hat.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

MourningView posted:

I am a proud owner of that hat but I must call foul on you for posting a Hayden picture where he is clean shaven

Coolest picture of the hat that I saw on the first page of GIS.

:effort:

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Regnevelc posted:

I want that hat.

Yeah that is a pretty cool hat. When I turn in to an old man, I am totally going to rock a trucker hat everywhere.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Grittybeard posted:

If you watch A&M games it gets mentioned a bunch, I'd imagine most Big 12 and SEC fans know about it. I mean they may not know that A&M was supposedly the first 12th man and all of that crap, but they know it's something they do.

This might just be the region I'm in but I would have considered it a lot more well known than the Seahawks version up until the last few years. The Hawks being bad for most of my life probably has something to do with that.

e: Oh good, we're going to hear a lot more about this next year.

Maytag has a supplier support program called the 12th Man Plan, which requires all Maytag-related companies to attend a seminar about the greatness of Texas A&M.

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

AsInHowe posted:

Maytag has a supplier support program called the 12th Man Plan, which requires all Maytag-related companies to attend a seminar about the greatness of Texas A&M.

When is the appropriate time to squeeze your nuts to scream louder in appliance sales?

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

Neil Armbong posted:

When is the appropriate time to squeeze your nuts to scream louder in appliance sales?

I almost spit my coffee on my monitor.

nice work.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Neil Armbong posted:

Oh man.

:vince:

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

MourningView posted:

current trendy baby names

Pffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffft

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy
One liquor to rule them all:

Perhaps now y'all can shut up about your stupid "summer" drinks.

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Thats not Evan Williams :(

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Crotch Bat posted:

Pffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffft

:confused:

Aiden, Jayden, Brayden, etc

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

MourningView posted:

Khaleesi

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
Kyler Murray isn't going to the MLB draft and will focus on playing baseball/football at A&M.
http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/12833272/top-ranked-qb-signee-kyler-murray-opts-mlb-draft

Spacebump fucked around with this message at 18:29 on May 6, 2015

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

MourningView posted:

Transported a chick named 'Kynndra' the other day.

:suicide:

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
I was with this girl for a while who had a younger brother named Whedon. Named after Joss of course.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Spacebump posted:

Kyler Murray

This is a well timed news bit

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

C2C - 2.0 posted:

One liquor to rule them all:

Perhaps now y'all can shut up about your stupid "summer" drinks.

Strange, that isn't a bottle of Bulleit bourbon or rye :confused:

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Wild Turkey is great if you are attempting to project the image of a grizzled 65 year old who works with heavy machinery, has a designated seat at the end of a very dark bar, and scowls at all times. Or I suppose if you are actually that thing.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
I'm really curious as to how many limes we went through yesterday for Cinco de Mayo

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy

KKKLIP ART posted:

Strange, that isn't a bottle of Bulleit bourbon or rye :confused:

Don't be snooty!!!! :colbert:

MourningView posted:

Wild Turkey is great if you are attempting to project the image of a grizzled 65 year old who works with heavy machinery, has a designated seat at the end of a very dark bar, and scowls at all times. Or I suppose if you are actually that thing.

So, the default bourbon image, right?

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Do you smell what The Mauk is cooking?
Murray is still going to get drafted by some team and get offered a shitload of money to see if he blinks

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Groucho Marxist posted:

Murray is still going to get drafted by some team and get offered a shitload of money to see if he blinks

But A&M pays better

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004
THEY SHOULD'VE GIVEN IT TO LYNCH

Death to the Seahawks. Death to Seahawks posters.

MourningView posted:

If I can somehow trick my future wife into naming a kid after someone related to Iowa football it will be someone rad like Hayden or Tim Dwight, not some nerd from 100 years ago who couldn't land a plane.

Hayden is close enough to current trendy baby names that I really think I can pull it off. Gonna dress him (or her!) in white pants, wide collared shirts and aviators at all times. Gonna have the flyest baby in the whole daycare.

name it Dauber

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

wheez the roux posted:

name it Dauber

Mongo

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004

Dauber Mongo (Lastname) is a pro-rear end football name

Spacemonkey57
Dec 1, 2004

wheez the roux posted:

name it Dauber

Anything but Stuart

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

wheez the roux posted:

There was a dude on my high school's football team a few years ago named Malachi Outlaw and I think that's the best one I've heard.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

wheez the roux posted:

These are actually both Iowa related I guess since the exterior shots of Coach were filmed at Iowa (and the main character was named after Hayden Fry) and Mongo was played by Alex Karras

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

There was a dude on my high school's football team a few years ago named Malachi Outlaw and I think that's the best one I've heard.

that rules, my fav I've seen at college level recently is Leviticus Payne, who sounds like a comic book mob enforcer for satan

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
Big 12 announced a tiebreaker for their conference champion. Head-to-head record if two teams are tied, a bunch of your usual record-against-each-other/conference stuff if three or more teams tied, with eventually scoring differential being the last real deciding factor before they just draw straws or something.

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
As a fan of teams running up the score, I hope we get a bunch of ties in the Big 12 rankings this year.

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy

MourningView posted:

These are actually both Iowa related I guess since the exterior shots of Coach were filmed at Iowa (and the main character was named after Hayden Fry) and Mongo was played by Alex Karras

The child will already be "Iowa-related" by virtue of your fandom.

Come up with something to affix to "-aveous" and call it good.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

VDay posted:

Big 12 announced a tiebreaker for their conference champion. Head-to-head record if two teams are tied, a bunch of your usual record-against-each-other/conference stuff if three or more teams tied, with eventually scoring differential being the last real deciding factor before they just draw straws or something.

I only gave it a quick look but as far as I can tell they more or less took the tie breaker that already existed to determine who would represent the conference for the major bowl tie in when there were co-champions and instead just made that tie-breaker determine the champion. So, where last season you had TCU & Baylor co-champions but Baylor would have represented the conference for anything that would have normally gone to the champion, instead you just would have had Baylor be the sole conference champ.

Halah
Sep 1, 2003

Maybe just another light that shines

LeeMajors posted:

Transported a chick named 'Kynndra' the other day.

:suicide:

Got behind a carminivan today with the holy trinity: stick figure family, upward soccer sticker, and all the kids had the same first letter. Zachery, Zevah, Zaelynn. I'm surprised customer service doesn't go like this:

:phone: Thank you for calling xyz, may I have your name?

:phoneb: Hi, my name's John

:phone: Hi John, how is that spelled?

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Halah posted:

Got behind a carminivan today with the holy trinity: stick figure family, upward soccer sticker, and all the kids had the same first letter. Zachery, Zevah, Zaelynn. I'm surprised customer service doesn't go like this:

:phone: Thank you for calling xyz, may I have your name?

:phoneb: Hi, my name's John

:phone: Hi John, how is that spelled?

To be fair, that could be spelled "John" or "Jon." :v:

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun

wheez the roux posted:

that rules, my fav I've seen at college level recently is Leviticus Payne, who sounds like a comic book mob enforcer for satan
Cincy had a good run of names. Leviticus Payne, Munchie Legaux, and a QB named Gunner Kiel.

In other cool names, Vandy has a philosophy professor with the completely badass name of Lucius Outlaw, which is in stark contrast to most philosopher names.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
I still love Navy's Wave Ryder.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
Speaking of names, if anyone's sad that they'll no longer get to hear Owa Odighizuwa's name pronounced a couple of times a game, good news because his brother Osa Odighizuwa just committed to UCLA.

• Locked thread