Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Ken M is so loving good. Who is this guy?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hydrolith
Oct 30, 2009

Useless posted:

"If there was gravity in space all the planets would fall down"

There's just some kind of beautiful, simple logic behind Ken M's stuff.

Funnily enough, that statement is perfectly correct.

Wild T
Dec 15, 2008

The point I'm trying to make is that the only way to come out on top is to kick the Air Force in the nuts, beart it savagely with a weight and take a dump on it's face.

Sappo569 posted:

These guerilla fighter dudes aren't exactly top notch

Dude, that's racist.

And I don't care about combat effectiveness, this dude is cool as poo poo in my book.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Tuxedo Ted posted:

Still my favorite Ken M:

I love how he always follows up on his fishing attempts. He never lets a bite go un-hooked.
First one I ever saw, and yep, still my favorite too.

dud root
Mar 30, 2008

TontoCorazon posted:

Ken M is so loving good. Who is this guy?

The most common claim is the onion but I've never seen it confirmed. Professional comedian or regular troll, I dont care, it's all gold

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof
According to his twitter account: https://twitter.com/horseysurprise

Ken M

@horseysurprise

Writer of goofs at Runt of the Web and The Troll column at College Humor - I come from a long line of M's

ƒ¡ Brooklyn, NY

„I horseysurprise.tumblr.com

…­Joined August 2011

GuardianOfAsgaard
Feb 1, 2012

Their steel shines red
With enemy blood
It sings of victory
Granted by the Gods

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Post Your Favorite (or Request) › PYF Funny Pictures: Ken M Memorial Zone

Grimwall
Dec 11, 2006

Product of Schizophrenia

Michaellaneous posted:

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Post Your Favorite (or Request) › PYF Funny Pictures: Ken M Memorial Zone

don't tempt the fates man.

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

I know it's just continuing the derail, but I always found this one hilarious:

grumplestiltzkin
Jun 7, 2012

Ass, gas, or grass. No one rides for free.
I really don't get how people lose their poo poo over Ken M. Its just basic "haha I said something stupid and people reacted as if I were stupid" poo poo tier trolling. No build up, no emotional investment on the trollees part. Its literally just this comic, repeated ad nauseum.

Mr. Gibbycrumbles
Aug 30, 2004

Do you think your paladin sword can defeat me?

En garde, I'll let you try my Wu-Tang style

grumplestiltzkin posted:

I really don't get how people lose their poo poo over Ken M. Its just basic "haha I said something stupid and people reacted as if I were stupid" poo poo tier trolling. No build up, no emotional investment on the trollees part. Its literally just this comic, repeated ad nauseum.

I'm sorry that you have no sense of humour.

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

grumplestiltzkin posted:

Was there a big celebration when you were crowned Emperor of No Fun Island, or did you have those abolished?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Gentlemen you yourselves are being Ken M'ed.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

zoux posted:

Gentlemen you yourselves are being Ken M'ed.

No, it was not cleverly done.

Flyball
Apr 17, 2003

mcbexx posted:

Interrupting the Ken M festival for this dude, who is in for a huge surprise the next time poo poo goes down:

"When I was a kid, we were so poor, that my Father's gun was made from pallet slats."

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

grumplestiltzkin posted:

I, too, hate when people tell jokes that aren't at anyone's expense. How can something be funny if it doesn't upset anyone?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

grumplestiltzkin posted:

grumplestiltzkin posted:

beep boop what is humor

Mysterious as the dark side of the moon.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

mcbexx posted:

Interrupting the Ken M festival for this dude, who is in for a huge surprise the next time poo poo goes down:

real gun would probably have been cheaper

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

Kajeesus posted:

I, too, hate when people tell jokes that aren't at anyone's expense. How can something be funny if it doesn't upset anyone?

I dunno, it upset that guy pretty good.

ColHannibal
Sep 17, 2007

Kajeesus posted:

Ken M only became funny to me when grumple got upset at him.

Evfedu
Feb 28, 2007

This is the funniest thing I've ever seen.

Lets Pickle
Jul 9, 2007

grumplestiltzkin posted:

It turns out that the humor of Ken M is not in the fact that he is trolling, but in the actual things that he says that are funny! Usually when I read a Ken M post I don't even have to read people's responses to him for it to be hilarious because he is so good as what he does.

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

GEORGE IS GETTIN' AUGMENTED!
Dinosaur Gum
There's usually good wordplay in a good Ken M, and often a subversion-of-expectations joke which is the very beating heart of comedy itself. It's not that he's saying stupid things, anyone can do that, it's that he has new and creative stupid things to say which is something you don't see often. @dril and SA's Zach Parsons also do subversion-of-expectations well.

grumplestiltzkin
Jun 7, 2012

Ass, gas, or grass. No one rides for free.

Evilreaver posted:

There's usually good wordplay in a good Ken M, and often a subversion-of-expectations joke which is the very beating heart of comedy itself. It's not that he's saying stupid things, anyone can do that, it's that he has new and creative stupid things to say which is something you don't see often. @dril and SA's Zach Parsons also do subversion-of-expectations well.

Can you link me some of those, then? Cuz all I'm seeing in this thread so far pretty much follow the following setup:

Ken M: obviously stupid/incorrect statement
Other person: Nuh uh
Ken M: uh huh

Hahaha oh wow hehehe comedy riot guys

hemorrhage
Aug 7, 2003
If you folks like the Ken M stuff, you should look up the Lazlo Letters. It's sort of the same kind of thing, but from the 70's. Pretty funny stuff.

hemorrhage has a new favorite as of 23:02 on May 6, 2015

Baldbeard
Mar 26, 2011

grumplestiltzkin posted:

Can you link me some of those, then? Cuz all I'm seeing in this thread so far pretty much follow the following setup:

You make me sad.

Geshtal
Nov 8, 2006

So that's the post you've decided to go with, is it?

grumplestiltzkin posted:

And therefore no one else should enjoy these ever, got it. Thanks for clearing up the rules on what is allowed to be funny. On behalf of the world, we're sorry you were slightly irritated by the mere existence of something you don't like.

GAINING WEIGHT...
Mar 26, 2007

See? Science proves the JewsMuslims are inferior and must be purged! I'm not a racist, honest!
something_awful_is_full_of_people_that_don't_like_jokes.txt

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

GEORGE IS GETTIN' AUGMENTED!
Dinosaur Gum

grumplestiltzkin posted:

Also

Frankly "fiddling while the sun burns" is inspired.

And a bonus definition of 'practicing agnostic'

Not My Leg
Nov 6, 2002

AYN RAND AKBAR!

Evilreaver posted:

Frankly "fiddling while the sun burns" is inspired.

Nero did not actually fiddle while Rome burned. Beep boop. Joke invalid.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

You guys are getting waaaaay too armchair psychiatry over Ken M antics. It's a dude trolling. Some people like Louie CK, some people find Dane Cook funny. Whatever. Do what you like.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Ken M is definitely funny, not my kind of comedy but I can see the amusement. Now funny pictures, they sure are funny.

Guess the country!

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Memento posted:

Ken M is definitely funny, not my kind of comedy but I can see the amusement. Now funny pictures, they sure are funny.

Guess the country!

Texas

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

Mezzanine
Aug 23, 2009
It's funny because it takes skill (luck?) to find that sweet spot of stupidity where it's obvious that it's a parody for most people, but still believable enough for someone to take him seriously and call him out on it. On top of that, his comments are genuinely funny, to some at least.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
I'm writing a book chronicling his wit and witticisms, titled Kennems: The Uproarious, Unadulterated, Unusual, Unstoppable, Unbelievable, Unabashed Comedy-Grams of A Web-Surfin' eComedian. (Forward by Rita Rudner).

You will have to tell a joke to the cashier when you buy it to prove you have the komedy kajones capable of enjoying the book. Amazon will accept memes in place of real jokes.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

I'm writing a book chronicling his wit and witticisms, titled Kennems: The Uproarious, Unadulterated, Unusual, Unstoppable, Unbelievable, Unabashed Comedy-Grams of A Web-Surfin' eComedian. (Forward by Rita Rudner).

You will have to tell a joke to the cashier when you buy it to prove you have the komedy kajones capable of enjoying the book. Amazon will accept memes in place of real jokes.

How do they judge the hilarity of a meme? Can I just submit a rage face or do I need he white impact text?

Big Grunty Secret
Aug 28, 2007

Just one question, though. Is there a way to take off my pants?

UGH MOM FINE I'LL GO TO WORK BUT YOU CAN'T MAKE ME WEAR MY WEATHERMAN OUTFIT

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Ken M's style actually really reminds me of Drew from Toothpaste for Dinner AKA M R CRACKER and I miss his silly posts

• Locked thread