Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Jaramin posted:

"We recommend 2-3 per person"

Jesus Christ, one meal there is my food budget for a month. What the hell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Bape Culture posted:

Haha yeah I hate good food!

Ahhh, so that's why you ordered such a small amount of it.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
I bet it's delicious. It would be stupid to get all your meals in Small Plate form but ain't nothing wrong with eating it every once in a while.

I just think they're particularly bad for sharing with other people. Get your own loving arancini; I can't even taste it if I eat a quarter a spoonful.

este
Feb 17, 2004

Boing!
Dinosaur Gum
Lol if you don't literally bob for ham steaks in a long wooden trench with your hands tied behind your back.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

Your budget is 15 european funbucks a month? What the gently caress man!

Toast Museum
Dec 3, 2005

30% Iron Chef
I really didn't expect to be that divisive, but I guess I should have seen it coming.

Nur_Neerg
Sep 1, 2004

The Lumbering but Unstoppable Sasquatch of the Appalachians

Toast Museum posted:

I really didn't expect to be that divisive, but I guess I should have seen it coming.

Eh. You really shouldn't have.

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy

RCarr posted:

I picture a bunch of friends all with half a spoonful of food. They eat it and force a smile as they each put $40 down to pay for the tab. Everyone too angry to admit they just paid $40 for an 8th of a meal.

I can't believe someone is actually this dumb. What a bizarre derail.

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Your budget is 15 european funbucks a month? What the gently caress man!

When you consider 15 euros buys you approximately three bites of food with some sauce brushed on the plate...

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

full breakfast-style sandwich from this Engish food cart near work called The Kingsman. They ran out of bacon to they gave me double bangers. No beans either. Worst off, no captured princess offered their rectum to me for sexual pleasure when I finished eating it.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down

Android Bicyclist posted:

full breakfast-style sandwich from this Engish food cart near work called The Kingsman. They ran out of bacon to they gave me double bangers. No beans either. Worst off, no captured princess offered their rectum to me for sexual pleasure when I finished eating it.

How many plates of this did you eat?

Nur_Neerg
Sep 1, 2004

The Lumbering but Unstoppable Sasquatch of the Appalachians

Wanna eat that sammich, drat.

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing people that a small amount of food is somehow easier to share among friends than a large amount of food. Being able to share a greater variety of food without a ton of it left over -- that's a slightly more valid argument. Which is why I do enjoy tapas from time to time.

Worst off, no captured princess offered their rectum to me for sexual pleasure when I finished eating it.

Saving the world is a prerequisite, I think.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

ZeusCannon posted:

I bet you look nice in it.

Great from the neck down ayyyeeeee

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

Won't somebody think of the starving hamsters in China?

Trabant posted:

Um, no, it's a normal part of a standard full English breakfast. Which is why it should have been included in this sandwich. Duh.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

big mean giraffe posted:

Because tiny ripoff plates are the only possible way to eat good food. Jesus people just love to defend the latest lovely food trends if they think it makes them 'cooler' than someone else.

That's not a new trend, and tasting menus at top tier restaurants are really the best way to experience them.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
splurged on some boots. I know chukkas shouldn't have real laces but I love the way these look and feel

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Trabant posted:

I assumed eating this sandwich was the culinary equivalent.

Toast Museum
Dec 3, 2005

30% Iron Chef

Pron on VHS posted:

splurged on some boots. I know chukkas shouldn't have real laces but I love the way these look and feel

A) I dig those.
B) What sort of laces should chukkas have? Do you mean they shouldn't have dress shoe laces, shouldn't have functional laces, or something else?

I heart bacon
Nov 18, 2007

:burger: It's burgin' time! :burger:

Goons! posted:

small plates

I bet the food is pretty awesome, but I wouldn't plan on sharing any of it. I would get way too into it to have a bite or two and then move on.

:drat: that looks awesome.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Pron on VHS posted:

what are these? they look good

Toast Museum
Dec 3, 2005

30% Iron Chef

SaltLick posted:

what are these? they look good

Reverse image search says Timberland Wodehouse chukka.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Yep they are the Timberland Wodehouse Chukka. Timberland isn't really known for high-end dressy boots but gently caress it, they are quality.

Toast Museum posted:

B) What sort of laces should chukkas have? Do you mean they shouldn't have dress shoe laces, shouldn't have functional laces, or something else?

I think to be a 'chukka' the laces should not be functional, so the boot is like a slip on. But I am not sure.

Toast Museum
Dec 3, 2005

30% Iron Chef

Pron on VHS posted:

I think to be a 'chukka' the laces should not be functional, so the boot is like a slip on. But I am not sure.

I'm not saying you're wrong, but that's news to me. The laces are definitely necessary on the ones I own and others I've tried on. Regional difference, maybe?

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

I ate at Tin Lung Heen the other night and the portions were small yet I was still full what the heck!

Birds nest tastes weird as a desert btw.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer
Pretend that I just posted a picture of a very expensive top water frog lure.

I can't post a picture of it because I have already lost it to a loving tree like 5 hours after I bought it.

gently caress you tree.

KingColliwog
May 15, 2003

Let's go droogs

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

That's not a new trend, and tasting menus at top tier restaurants are really the best way to experience them.

Pretty much this. The past two pages make me want to make "lol americans are fat" jokes.

The whole point of eating tapas is that you get to experience a lot of variety. If I'm going in a fancy restaurant I'd much rather try 3-5 things than get one big plate of something. In most places I've been (which isn't a lot) 3-4 plates is enough for a normal human being. may be 5 if you're a fat guy that need to eat two big macs to feel full.

Pron on VHS posted:

Yep they are the Timberland Wodehouse Chukka. Timberland isn't really known for high-end dressy boots but gently caress it, they are quality.

The only experience I have are clarks desert boot and they come with regular laces.

KingColliwog has a new favorite as of 21:22 on May 6, 2015

App13
Dec 31, 2011

Bape Culture posted:

I've never had them as not a desert. What's the usual way to prepare them?

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer

bunnielab posted:

I can't post a picture of it because I have already lost it to a loving tree like 5 hours after I bought it.

gently caress you tree.

I feel your pain. And that is why I just use minnows now at least if it gets away it's kinda funny/good.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

App13 posted:

I've never had them as not a desert. What's the usual way to prepare them?

Soup! WTF.

welcome 2 Clown Town
Aug 1, 2006

GALAXY'S #2 SCULL*!

*scrunt skull

Bape Culture posted:

why you bought cave bird spit house to eat

you could have eaten real food

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

tomstuart posted:

why you bought cave bird spit house to eat

you could have eaten real food

To annoy the poor goons who live on dirt and sand or whatever £15 gets you for a month worth of meals lmao

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
What a cool guy.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

bunnielab posted:

What kind of an evil person fishes for frogs? :frogsiren:

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Rolo posted:

What a cool guy.

Seriously, so humble, so caring, truly a winner. For content though (not my photo):

50lb bag of rice, just over :20bux:. Thank you big box stores.

corn in the fridge
Jan 15, 2012

by Shine

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

how much do you spend a month on your internet bill op

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

Sup expensive japanese plastic buddy. :respek:

I've been wanting to do a bunch of custom repaints and kitbashes for a while, and I had some extra cash from a paycheck bonus so I went whole hog. Got the whole batch for way less than Amazon prices thanks to folks liquidating their stock though, saved about 200 bucks in total.

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

I got an acquaintance in Japan to get me these:

So I and a friend can hop on the Japanese PSN and grab this in a month:

With a bit left over for the inevitable music pack DLC and character(s).

Hmmmmmmmmm.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

It's almost like contract workers have widely varying pay grades or something that can change from season to season! Amazing!

Edit: To not come off like a total rear end though, this is the off season for me, and it's down to bare minimum work wages, so I have cut down all expenses to zero. Other times, I can afford to live nicely and save up for the inevitable car explosion or whatever happens.

Fire Safety Doug
Sep 3, 2006

99 % caffeine free is 99 % not my kinda thing
I'm still curious to hear how one meal from that posted menu corresponds to your monthly food budget given that 5 plates is 19.95 GBP = about 30,50 US dollars or 27 euros, rounded up. Do you live in rural Cambodia?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Bape Culture posted:

To annoy the poor goons who live on dirt and sand or whatever £15 gets you for a month worth of meals lmao

Hey look you've taken the throne from Woot Fatigue !

Now recline in your $5,000 lounge chair and tell us about your opulence, I'll just be down here at your feet in worship

God I love wonton soup