Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
i want to play this game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I see Monolith is already preparing for their inclusion in Super Robot Wars.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Infinity Gaia posted:

I swear every time I look I see another reason for why changing Doll to Skell is stupid and wasteful.

nice anime Charlie Sheen

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Infinity Gaia posted:

I swear every time I look I see another reason for why changing Doll to Skell is stupid and wasteful.

How long before someone makes a Tachikoma

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.
Wels-tan is the best doll.

MechaCrash
Jan 1, 2013

Is that Elma as Wels-tan?

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.
No just looks like a chibi personification of the Wels model.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
Has it been confirmed if the main story has any loose connections with the world from the first Xenoblade? I'm still thinking back to the first trailer we saw and what looked to be Shulk's face near the end and if they've tried to tie the two together. Spoiler obviously.

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.
There's some funny references to it but they're just that, references and they all involve the Nopons.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Dastardly posted:

There's some funny references to it but they're just that, references and they all involve the Nopons.

Bummer, I was hoping they'd link the two together in some assbackwards grandiose story arch. So the "Shulk" teaser from the first trailer was nothing then?

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.
Well they messed this one up so NoA feel free to correct the wellcome.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
gonna pay for this one

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

That's awesome and all, but don't you think people would prefer spoiler tags for a game virtually no one has played yet?

edit: yes you idiot I'm worried about the story when discussing postgame cameos. Sometimes I wonder why I give a gently caress.

Die Sexmonster! fucked around with this message at 20:39 on May 6, 2015

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Pyroxene Stigma posted:

That's awesome and all, but don't you think people would prefer spoiler tags for a game virtually no one has played yet?

No

You don't play games for the story.

Factory Davey
Jan 9, 2010

I am aware of what the hands look like. I did my best. :(

The Taint Reaper posted:

poo poo that should have been spoiler'd

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

they're probably fake spoilers people

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

itt people somehow getting trolled by the taint reaper

planetarial
Oct 19, 2012

Louisgod posted:

Bummer, I was hoping they'd link the two together in some assbackwards grandiose story arch. So the "Shulk" teaser from the first trailer was nothing then?

Pretty sure it was suppose to be an early version of Cross, since they hadn't decided on a concrete look for him yet. It doesn't even look exactly like Shulk.

Though of one Cross's male voice options is the Japanese voice actor for Shulk.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Fungah! posted:

itt people somehow getting trolled by the taint reaper

It's always tragic to witness

Mediocrity Goggles
Mar 20, 2009

Looking at it the wrong way.
Yeah, not buying that one. Hell, I actually hear talk of there might not even be a NG+ option in X.

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.
You fight Super Satan and Super Yahweh at the same time in ng+ if you beat Elma before you go back to 600 ad for the first time.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

I believe the taint reaper

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
fd

Somebody fucked around with this message at 02:37 on May 8, 2015

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Pyroxene Stigma posted:

edit: yes you idiot I'm worried about the story when discussing postgame cameos. Sometimes I wonder why I give a gently caress.

How the gently caress is that even a spoiler? Oh no, if you beat the game you can unlock cool cameos and easter egg outfits holy poo poo everything is RUINED.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Pyroxene Stigma posted:

In the future please feel free not to

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It
I like the red Xenogears 'X' in the OP, very nostalgic

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Fish Fry Andy posted:

How the gently caress is that even a spoiler? Oh no, if you beat the game you can unlock cool cameos and easter egg outfits holy poo poo everything is RUINED.

This ain't Tales of Symphonia, what did the last Xenoblade game have cameo fights with characters from previous games? Oh, no? Yeah I thought so. :colbert:

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?
Don't be a tool and post spoilers. I don't care if you think they're minor or not. If people want that info they will look for it.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Everyone please avert your eyes from the following spoilers: you get a giant robot mid way through the game.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Fish Fry Andy posted:

Everyone please avert your eyes from the following spoilers: you get a giant robot mid way through the game.

:eyepop:

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Dastardly posted:

Wels-tan is the best doll.

Please tell me there are even more anime posters to cover my room in.

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.

Motto posted:

Please tell me there are even more anime posters to cover my room in.

The list seems fairly lengthy, even when excluding the standard Union logos.

Including this guys version of Mastema-tan

The_Frag_Man
Mar 26, 2005

The Taint Reaper posted:

You don't play games for the story.

This makes me so mad.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

That's okay, your taint is safe for a month now.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Flash deal, UK dudes - Xenoblade 3D for £19.95:
http://www.thegamecollection.net/xenoblade-chronicles-3d-new-3ds-only-3ds.html

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.
So, in Chronicles, I've just completely finished the colony 6 reconstruction.

I should be safe to sell all my non quest items now right? I've done all the collectapedia entries i can with them and the only thing i can think some of them would be useful would be for trading purposes for finishing quests. Though I've done all available quests up to the point of pre machina core so the only ones left to me now are ones that seem to lead up to level 90+ boss fights or have me collecting items that can't actually be traded from anyone.

I just cant remember if they're needed for anything else at this point.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Kin posted:

So, in Chronicles, I've just completely finished the colony 6 reconstruction.

I should be safe to sell all my non quest items now right? I've done all the collectapedia entries i can with them and the only thing i can think some of them would be useful would be for trading purposes for finishing quests. Though I've done all available quests up to the point of pre machina core so the only ones left to me now are ones that seem to lead up to level 90+ boss fights or have me collecting items that can't actually be traded from anyone.

I just cant remember if they're needed for anything else at this point.

You need them for affinity gifts between party members.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

You need them for affinity gifts between party members.

Those are just the collectibles though. I'm taking about the regular non armor items

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

Bear in mind that while the game will tag most quest-related items, it aggravatingly won't tag all of them. Still, it's not like you can't go out and farm stuff again.

There's no inventory limit on collectibles so you might as well just hang on to them. Materials, on the other hand (that is, enemy drop misc. items as opposed to blue glowy misc. items), you'll have to do some inventory culling. Speaking of which, enjoy the fruits of someone's labor on GameFAQs three years ago: a list of materials you can safely sell without a second thought.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.
Finished Xenoblade today. Game has a really fun combat system and a really horribly poo poo story.

• Locked thread