Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

When are we gonna get Professor X up in here? And not as a teamup, full-blown playable character wheelchair tree mandatory :corsair:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

snergle posted:

with his new uniques can i use all uniques? It looks like he will cap a few skills and i can shore the rest up with cubes.

no, most of his uniques are just "meh" now instead of offensively bad like they were before. you're still going to use a cosmic slot 5, probably.

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
Looks like Legion is either bugged or the "random" element severely weights some of the lesser procs, as people are seeing none of the better procs like +10 stats coming up

So in it's current TC iteration, you will likely never get the good Legion procs. Great work MichaelMayhem.

Midnightghoul fucked around with this message at 22:15 on May 6, 2015

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
Are the new legendaries worth getting? I got the Odin Marks, I just don't know if I want to level up a second legendary on a character that already has one of the old ones.

iuvian
Dec 27, 2003
darwin'd

Midnightghoul posted:

Legion of Gloom

go gently caress yourself gibcount

I love how the reaction is to make legion work differently with SW, not fix the 3000 omega trap node itself.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

cl_gibcount 9999 posted:

fyi it wasn't I that posted the O guide to exploiting legion :rolleyes:

Not that that will stop goons from blaming you. Me? IDGAF about it, and I hope you make Whitelister Status.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

iuvian posted:

I love how the reaction is to make legion work differently with SW, not fix the 3000 omega trap node itself.

I think that's pretty much the definition of

Prel
Jan 12, 2012

Midnightghoul posted:

Looks like Legion is either bugged or the "random" element severely weights some of the lesser procs, as people are seeing none of the better procs like +10 stats coming up

I think it's pretty likely that regardless of their intent, it's not going to be a worthwhile investment anymore with how expensive it is. The best option (individual ICD's) would actually be a huge buff, doubt that is happening.

Node cost being significantly reduced to accompany this would probably be a good idea.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009

Irish Joe posted:

Are the new legendaries worth getting? I got the Odin Marks, I just don't know if I want to level up a second legendary on a character that already has one of the old ones.

If you're thinking of maining a single dude, yeah. If you're shopping around playing a bunch of alts and don't have a billion odins, you'd be better off getting 3 regular legendaries.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

AllTerrineVehicle posted:

:gaz:

Edit: I hope they remove the spirit cost too

It's got an aspd buff on it, so the spirit cost won't go anywhere. Only Venom is allowed to have a free dash that deals damage and also heals him.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Prel posted:

I think it's pretty likely that regardless of their intent, it's not going to be a worthwhile investment anymore with how expensive it is. The best option (individual ICD's) would actually be a huge buff, doubt that is happening.

Node cost being significantly reduced to accompany this would probably be a good idea.

Can we reiterate what a terrible system the omega tree is? Cause it's pretty bad

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

You can always turn regular legendaries back into odin marks for one retcon as well, so there's not much downside to gearing out a few dudes until/if you decide to max out on person, or while you're just saving up to 1k marks.

Mover fucked around with this message at 22:22 on May 6, 2015

Prel
Jan 12, 2012

StashAugustine posted:

Can we reiterate what a terrible system the omega tree is? Cause it's pretty bad

Yes, it's awful. I have several friends who started recently and it's the one area of the game I really can't explain easily or justify. "It's kinda like paragon points but needlessly complicated" is the best I've done.

It's all just illusion of choice since they've overcosted anything that is even vaguely interesting or offers any defensive benefit. It's just a mini-game of "find which nodes are the cheapest 1% increase for you right now, then repeat until out of points".

nostrata
Apr 27, 2007

Finally got all my 1-5 at 69. Today is a good day.

These unique changes aren't set in stone yet are they? I mean they could still listen to player feedback and tune them some more right?

ransome
Dec 27, 2012

Cosmic, Baby!

nostrata posted:

Finally got all my 1-5 at 69. Today is a good day.

These unique changes aren't set in stone yet are they? I mean they could still listen to player feedback and tune them some more right?

You can post feedback on them @ https://forums.marvelheroes.com/categories/test-center-5-6

Whether they do anything with that feedback, we'll see!

ransome
Dec 27, 2012

Cosmic, Baby!

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
Only one Legion proc can be active at a time on TC.

Dear lord.

jubelio
Dec 10, 2003
if you can balance a tac-hammer on your head, you can head off your opponent with a balanced attack

Prel posted:

Yes, it's awful. I have several friends who started recently and it's the one area of the game I really can't explain easily or justify. "It's kinda like paragon points but needlessly complicated" is the best I've done.

It's all just illusion of choice since they've overcosted anything that is even vaguely interesting or offers any defensive benefit. It's just a mini-game of "find which nodes are the cheapest 1% increase for you right now, then repeat until out of points".

We need a video series of the best TTK with full omegas and then have those people do TTK with 0 omegas, cause Gaz doesn't understand the word extrapolate. I don't see why such a huge chunk of damage a hero does is tied into an extreme long term advancement system. It's dumb even though I am close to finally maxing out.

AllTerrineVehicle
Jan 8, 2010

I'm great at boats!

Lemon Curdistan posted:

It's got an aspd buff on it, so the spirit cost won't go anywhere. Only Venom is allowed to have a free dash that deals damage and also heals him.

Wait what. I thought it was just run speed

Edit: son of a bitch it does. welp.

Double edit: wait does that mean a midtown ring is bis on clint?

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

NotALizardman posted:

no, most of his uniques are just "meh" now instead of offensively bad like they were before. you're still going to use a cosmic slot 5, probably.

rip fake batman konshu failed you. I dunno his slot 1 and 3 look good but his 2 and 5 are bad =( i was hoping i could use a cobra or something and then put in 4 sig cubes. I guess his 1 can't compete with twilight fragment though and you need to make up those skills somewhere else. gently caress it ill just be sub optimal trash on every hero who needs a cosmic.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

AllTerrineVehicle posted:

Wait what. I thought it was just run speed

Edit: son of a bitch it does. welp.

Double edit: wait does that mean a midtown ring is bis on clint?

Ajax
Mar 16, 2004

Aunt Petunia's Girdle!
What's happening?

Midnightghoul posted:

Dear lord.

1% bonus xp for 2.9k omegas, bargain

lsp
Sep 1, 2008

Oh my glob. What the stuff are you doing?

Prel posted:

Agree

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

And people thought superspeed would be difficult to implement.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I'll just get goblin formula and fill out the rest of warpath. It's not the end of the world, and I'll still be playing the poo poo out of wanda.

EDIT: or whatever the gently caress the spreadsheet tells me

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

McSpanky posted:

And people thought superspeed would be difficult to implement.

It's more an excuse that they don't want to do quicksilver. Nothing more.

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
It's pretty entertaining that every single thing MichaelMayhem has said in the thread thusfar has been proven to be ignorant or incorrect

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Kheldarn posted:

Not that that will stop goons from blaming you. Me? IDGAF about it, and I hope you make Whitelister Status.

I don't think they make you a white lister for being wrong all the time.

AllTerrineVehicle
Jan 8, 2010

I'm great at boats!

Aphrodite posted:

Actually that sounds exactly like what they do

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Aphrodite posted:

I distinctly remember that being exactly how Lux became a white lister.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
if that's the only nerf coming to Wanda, things are lookin good for my waitchfu

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

That was the joke, guys!

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
Please, no jokeposts in this thread, we gotta keep quality high

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Midnightghoul posted:

Dear lord.

Welp, RIP that node

NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

Aphrodite posted:

That was the joke, guys!

jokes are hard man

Rufio
Feb 6, 2003

I'm smart! Not like everybody says... like dumb... I'm smart and I want respect!
I just skipped like 5 pages. Has the good posting begun yet?

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Rufio posted:

Good posting ended four threads ago.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Aphrodite posted:

That was the joke, guys!
Sorry I'm used to Phyresis being the only joke in the thread.

Rufio
Feb 6, 2003

I'm smart! Not like everybody says... like dumb... I'm smart and I want respect!

Kelp Plankton posted:

Good posting ended four threads ago.

That must've been Phyresis' last post? :gaz:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Rufio posted:

It did, but you just killed it again with your shitpost. Nice work, now we have to start all over.

:gaz:

• Locked thread