Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Can I sign with my dick?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Shooting Blanks posted:

Please don't draw cats on the board before class.

I really love how he's laughing about it. I wish I had teachers with some hint of a sense of humor in high school.

lol @ DEP meetings 3 in the afternoon when I'm still sleeping.

:dogge:

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

What why are you even going

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I'm not, I'm gonna be asleep. I'm only awake now because I had something fun planned that I was excited for. :haw:

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Meshuggah WMednesday

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rkrjE4QRsys

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

Jumping on the bandwagon for lol @ finals. I had a full year of no finals and did nothing but work my job and hang with the wife. It's pretty legit to come home and not have to worry about a single thing, and on your days off the only thing you have to do is poo poo you want to do.

Yeah, school starts up soon for me, but at the end of the journey I will hopefully be in a position where I can peep college butts way into my late 70's and grade papers based on level of hotness... Guys included of course, as I want to be an equal opportunity professor.

Delizin
Nov 9, 2005

It may not be interracial, but it is black and white.
Been busy as poo poo lately. Retirement is terrible, you never get a day off.

I think my wife is trying to make me a farmer or something. Been getting her greenhouse setup for aquaponics so we can grow some food and catfish. Now she went out and got us 2 baby geese and 5 baby ducks. The geese are growing fast as poo poo and all of the birds are following me around like I'm their drat mother.

Also just got our car back from the shop a little over a month ago after they had to rebuild the transmission and did a bunch of other things to it. Now when my wife was driving it, the car jerked violently and almost sent her into oncoming traffic. Took a look at it and there is a giant crack where the drive shaft connects to the transfer case. I have little doubt that the transmission shop did something to gently caress it up since the guy working on it took over a month to get it done and had a lot of trouble figuring out where everything went back together. (Only certified transmission shop for about 70 miles) I have to wait until the 18th until another shop can get it in to tell me what this guy did wrong so I can go after him for almost killing my wife. In the mean time I've been getting my RV all ready to sell so I can hopefully just buy her a brand new car instead of another used one.

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah
All I got out of that is that you're gonna grow catfish and, well, I just don't know what to make of it. What do you need to raise your own catfish?

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

DownByTheWooter posted:

All I got out of that is that you're gonna grow catfish and, well, I just don't know what to make of it. What do you need to raise your own catfish?

A pond, very non-acidic water, some psuedo-koi fish and a reasonable amount of rain fall.

My grandmother has a man-made pond behind her house where she grows them and we go fishing at it every time we go visit.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

A pond and a bag of dog food. At least thats what my dad feeds the (now monster size) goldfish in his pond.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Arrath posted:

A pond and a bag of dog food. At least thats what my dad feeds the (now monster size) goldfish in his pond.

Yeah, Ol' Roy is pretty good for them once they're larger than 2-3 pounds

Delizin
Nov 9, 2005

These catfish I am raising in 180 gallon feed tanks inside my greenhouse. The fish poo poo in the water then the water is pumped onto my plants to fertilize them. The plants will filter the water and it drains back into the fish tank. When it is all done it will be fairly automated and the only thing I should need to do is feed the fish. It is pretty much hydroponics, but with fish instead of liquid fertilizer. Right now I am just waiting for my order of special hydroponics rocks and the fish to arrive.

Some people raise catfish or tilapia in 50 gallon drums. They are supposedly pretty hardy.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

that's actually a loving awesome idea if it works as you describe
are catfish good eating?

bengy81
May 8, 2010
[quote="Two Finger"
are catfish good eating?
[/quote]

They can be, especially fried. I know a lot of people that can't stand the taste though, and they eat fish normally otherwise.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
A lot of people who keep fish to eat them have problem with nitrogen export out of the water. It makes any fish taste terrible the more nitrates they are exposed to in the water. That nitrogen is the exact same thing that you want to get to your plants, who strip it out of the water.

If you have ornamental fish that you aren't gonna eat, just grab a bucket full of fish water and water your plants any time you want. Plants grow like fuckin' maniacs on fish poo poo water.

If you have fish you want to eat, then you need a system like Delizin is talking about with an automated circular system. Also important is a large volume of water, it makes water chemistry a lot more stable.

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

Catfish is loving delicious if prepared properly. Usually if they're deep fried, it's amazing, but I'm not too keen on the taste of baked or non fried catfish. They're bottom feeders, usually taste like mud. Once you deep fry em though, they are delicious.

Delizin
Nov 9, 2005

MurderBot posted:

They're bottom feeders, usually taste like mud.

With the muddy taste, a lot of time that has to do with the water they are in. When you catch them in the wild they will taste a whole lot cleaner if you get them from moving bodies of water like rivers than if you pull them from ponds or more stagnant water.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

haha this headline rules

http://www.stuff.co.nz/world/americas/68342454/woman-sues-all-of-the-gay-people-on-earth

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

MurderBot posted:

Catfish is loving delicious if prepared properly. Usually if they're deep fried, it's amazing, but I'm not too keen on the taste of baked or non fried catfish. They're bottom feeders, usually taste like mud. Once you deep fry em though, they are delicious.

blackened is also great.

Helldump Immunity.
Aug 2, 2013

Fuck you

finally a champion to stand up to the gay agenda :tutbutt:

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

bengy81 posted:

They can be, especially fried. I know a lot of people that can't stand the taste though, and they eat fish normally otherwise.

I hate the taste of catfish, love fishing for them. Love just about every other kind of fish though, except Salmon

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
The Gasoline And Dynamite
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

Mr. Nice! posted:

Most likely going to need surgery on my left arm for nerve damage from the wreck. Might need it on my shoulder too. Hoooray.

I blame the fibromyalgia.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
Got a lot of reading to do this week. Thinking about taking Monty on a camping trip and reading out in nature.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!

Cole posted:

Got a lot of reading to do this week. Thinking about taking Monty on a camping trip and reading out in nature.
I think this is a good idea.

This is also a good idea.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
IMO if you fish in small lakes or ponds instead of a river/large lake/ocean like a man you are a hosed up wierdo. Stagnant water fish taste funky.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
Got my nephew tonight, making chicken nuggets for dinner, helping with some homework and watching more Carmen Sandiego.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CGufyFt6zQc

gently caress having your own kids, but being an uncle is pretty :krad:

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

what the hell is that noise

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=roiJizt8jxw

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!

Larry Parrish posted:

IMO if you fish in small lakes or ponds instead of a river/large lake/ocean like a man you are a hosed up wierdo. Stagnant water fish taste funky.
Some people just wanna fish and don't care about actually eating fish.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Spicy Guacamole posted:

Some people just wanna fish and don't care about actually eating fish.

That's even worse

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
The Gasoline And Dynamite
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Got my nephew tonight, making chicken nuggets for dinner, helping with some homework and watching more Carmen Sandiego.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CGufyFt6zQc

Chicken nuggets and mac n cheese is still an insanely pro meal choice.

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

I threaten my S/O with chicken nuggets for dinner if she can't come up with something to eat. She usually comes up with something, but god damnit I loving love dinosaur shaped chicken nuggets, I wish she'd not think of something that sounds good.

Helldump Immunity.
Aug 2, 2013

Fuck you

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

:hfive:

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Who else remembers playing this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5AW8wbm1kGc

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

MurderBot posted:

I threaten my S/O with chicken nuggets for dinner if she can't come up with something to eat. She usually comes up with something, but god damnit I loving love dinosaur shaped chicken nuggets, I wish she'd not think of something that sounds good.

Phew I'm not the only manchild with the 20lb box from Costco

Being an uncle is chill because you just buy them some poo poo then turn them in when they need to be bathed or at the end of the day then go out to the bars

Click Beelay
Oct 13, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xtfGZfIl8Bk

Probably old news but I could watch James May do things all day.

Delizin
Nov 9, 2005

You guys made me hungry for chicken nuggets so now I am cooking the slightly more grown up version, boneless wings with various dipping sauces.

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

I would go to the library and play it during the summer when I was a wee lad. I turned into a geography and computer nerd, then became a Civil Engineer. Good Times.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Click Beelay posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xtfGZfIl8Bk

Probably old news but I could watch James May do things all day.

james may is the good kind of sperg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

• Locked thread