Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fortuitous Bumble
Jan 5, 2007

peter gabriel posted:

I don't like how floppy the steering is, can I make it so the wheel is harder to turn somehow?
I like to have no play in the steering at all if possible.

If you edit your car setup there are a ton of options under the force feedback tab. I have only adjusted the master level so I don't know what the rest of them do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redwalrus
Jul 27, 2013

:stoke:
Been following this for years, super interested, was unhappy to miss out on the initial crowdfunding but now I'm unsure if I should pick it up. I always think I like racing games until I buy one.

Nerdrock
Jan 31, 2006

Runs great on my laptop at least with whatever the default settings are (a mix of medium and high) .. i7 3870QM / 680mGT. 2 Years ago when I bought this drat laptop it was unplayable at the lowest settings. Guys : Our baby's all grown up.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Fortuitous Bumble posted:

If you edit your car setup there are a ton of options under the force feedback tab. I have only adjusted the master level so I don't know what the rest of them do.

I've found those thanks :)
Will have a play tomorrow when I have more time.

So far I do prefer the driving feel of Assetto Corsa by quite some margin, although this seems like the fuller, rounder game overall.

peter gabriel fucked around with this message at 01:07 on May 7, 2015

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Endbuster posted:

I don't understand software development, but is it something stupid they didn't so, or are you punning around.

Basically it's a small and fixable error. I'm surprised whatever code base it happened in was able to be compiled and passed a code "check style" that looks for those kind of errors.

Easiest way to describe it is say you type a value of ABC. The program is expecting a number say 123. In Java something like this would cause a Number Format Exception that would need to be "caught" (handled) in some way. In this case the Exception wasn't caught, the code stops executing causing the program flip out thus becoming an Unhandled Exception.

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008
so does project cars not work with multiple usb devices? i cant get my shifter to be set to the gears at all.

pedals didn't work either.

trying to set it as custom wheel will accept no inputs from anything at all

am i the only one who h as to ctrl alt del and go to task bar to actually get into the main menu? it just hangs on that slightlymadstudios | worldmassdevelopment

OhsH fucked around with this message at 01:24 on May 7, 2015

headfake
Aug 6, 2011

OhsH posted:

so does project cars not work with multiple usb devices? i cant get my shifter to be set to the gears at all.

pedals didn't work either.

It should. My pedals are a separate device--I just set them in 'Edit Assignments' under controls.

An exception doesn't have to be just some trivial thing that can be ignored; it could be some fundamental inconsistency where the program cannot or should not continue running (e.g. because it would corrupt the save data). Unfortunately "unhandled exception" by itself doesn't give you any information about what the problem is; it's just like saying "something went wrong".

I watch a Twitch streamer named Jplays who's a very strong iRacing driver and couldn't stand the karts. I actually liked them a lot, though, and was having really good races against the AI in the 125cc ones. The superkarts, though, the AI can't drive because they just slam them into the curbs and destroy them, so they're really slow except at tracks with really flat curbs like Silverstone.

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008

headfake posted:

It should. My pedals are a separate device--I just set them in 'Edit Assignments' under controls.

it acts like it'll accept my pedal commands, but still not my shifter, also in race my pedals dont work

also it only accepts inputs on when it comes back, so when i depress the pedal and let it come back, when it comes back is when it acts like it binds, same thing for wheel, turn it all the way to the left, but it only acts like it binds when i start bringing it back to center.

are your usb devices plugged into the main pc? or are you through a powered usb hub?

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
By far the best AI in a racing sim. It's not even close.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Indeed, the AI is markedly better than the pirate build.. In fact all the issues I had with that build are history. Worth the wait

headfake
Aug 6, 2011

I know with mine, I always have to set the throttle twice (in any game); the first time it gets it wrong and the second time it works.

Also I think if you change (or the game changes) the overall wheel type it might reset the rest of the settings.

I have a Thrustmaster TX wheel and CSR Elite pedals, no shifter at the moment. I let it detect the wheel itself and just change the pedals and configure the buttons under assignments, and then do the calibration.

Edit: they're on a hub but I don't think that matters; I've had them both ways at various times.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Am i able to buy this digitally on PS4 yet? I'm not seeing it on the PS store

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008
alright plugging them straight into pc works so oh well i guess! still weird i have to go to task manager to alt tab out but i did some superkarts and are those the ones you're talking about spinning out?

headfake
Aug 6, 2011

OhsH posted:

alright plugging them straight into pc works so oh well i guess! still weird i have to go to task manager to alt tab out but i did some superkarts and are those the ones you're talking about spinning out?

Yeah, whenever there's a raised curb they seem to like to slam into it to the point of halfway or completely flipping the kart over. Sometimes I'll see them do it in front of me, or I'll just be driving around and come upon the scattered remains of someone's kart in some corner.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

let's race nerds

edit: nvm I have to go participate in the forza league :qq:

ethanol fucked around with this message at 02:03 on May 7, 2015

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

ethanol posted:

let's race nerds

i would if i could download it to my ps4

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

https://staging.steamcommunity.com/id/ethanol3
also add me

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
BMW M1 Pro car is :cumpolice:

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

I can't seem to get my G27 to feel right. I feel retarded, but I don't get the wheel calibration.

First it has me do a full wheel rotation. That part I get. When it asks me to turn it so it's 90 degrees. Am i supposed to center the wheel first then do the 90 degree movment? Or do I put it at 90 from the fully turned clock or counterclockwise turn?

I feel like I'm having to work my wheel way more than any other sim I've played.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
Man, I just did my first race in the rain. No game I've ever played has nailed what its like to be in a car in the rain like this game. It's loving cool.

headfake
Aug 6, 2011

Norns posted:

I can't seem to get my G27 to feel right. I feel retarded, but I don't get the wheel calibration.

First it has me do a full wheel rotation. That part I get. When it asks me to turn it so it's 90 degrees. Am i supposed to center the wheel first then do the 90 degree movment? Or do I put it at 90 from the fully turned clock or counterclockwise turn?

Center, then 90 degrees. It should show total degrees of around 900 (maybe not exactly though).

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Hey this game is pretty good. Like really good. The sound design is amazing, cars sound so appropriately beefy in this. I'm also digging the NFS Shift-style first person view inside the helmet. This just might be the PC Forza I've been waiting for :allears:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

Am i able to buy this digitally on PS4 yet? I'm not seeing it on the PS store

It is in Europe. I'm so tempted to buy a PSN EU card right now so I can get this early.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

headfake posted:

Center, then 90 degrees. It should show total degrees of around 900 (maybe not exactly though).

Thank you. That did the trick.

This game is GORGEOUS.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Project Cars is everything I ever wanted in a racing sim.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Here is PCARS on my PC, please take pity on me. :xd:

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Sweeeet I totally forgot that DashMeterPro for AC also worked for this!

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

screens

that dude has just blown past me, hence the spray

bUm
Jan 11, 2011

quaunaut posted:

First off, if this is what Kart Racing is like, no wonder no other games have it. The kart's desire to spin out quite randomly is pretty awful- I never was able to get a handle on it through 5 full events(so 10 races). I won each regardless, but every turn felt like "WELP LETS SEE WHAT HAPPENS", and luckily at Amateur difficulty everyone is too stupid for it to matter.
I thought Zero to Hero would be fun since pretty much my first glimpse of PCars Career. However, 125CC Karts with controller seem to be some of the least fun racing I've ever had because of these random spins. At least I understand what's going on when I spin hitting the corner bumps (it's a Kart-specific track, why are the bumps big enough to spin me out!? :negative:), but other times (see: at least once a lap) my Kart just cranks 90 (okay, more like 75) degrees sideways out of the nowhere when entering a turn. I've tried going slower, going easier on the brakes, turning on ABS (all other assists off), raising the ride height, and nothing seems to stop it. Really confused what's going on and can't wait to get to a real vehicle at this point.

Edit: also still managed to win most of the races with difficulty at 70, even if many of my turns were being made at right angles.

Edit 2: Apparently the Dubai track is just fine and I don't have issues spinning randomly here. On the more amusing side: qualifying first at Dubai with Karts not only actually starts you in second place, but gives the green with you facing straight into a wall whilst "second" place is facing straight down the main straight (and actually on it, putting him ahead of you who qualified first).

bUm fucked around with this message at 03:36 on May 7, 2015

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Do we have a steam group for this yet?

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

holocaust bloopers posted:

Do we have a steam group for this yet?

Don't think so. I asked the other day and no one spoke up

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I just looked up the pounds to USD conversion and haha never mind, gonna wait for PCARS to show up on American PSN. The conversion rate right now is god awful. PCARS would be $68 for me to buy it on UK PSN.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Theres so many options in this game and I have no idea what any of them do :(

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Do not race LMP 2 at night and in the rain at Imola. Too spooky.

Joink
Jan 8, 2004

What if I told you cod is no longer a fish :coolfish:

Basticle posted:

Theres so many options in this game and I have no idea what any of them do :(

Referring to car setup options or controller or graphic settings?

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

These 125cc carts are ridiculously fun.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Joink posted:

Referring to car setup options or controller or graphic settings?

Yes

FAILURE
Jan 28, 2004

If I am not me, den who da hell am I?

I said come in! posted:

I just looked up the pounds to USD conversion and haha never mind, gonna wait for PCARS to show up on American PSN. The conversion rate right now is god awful. PCARS would be $68 for me to buy it on UK PSN.

So an extra $8?

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

FAILURE posted:

So an extra $8?

Yea it's not terrible. I have the pc version to keep me busy till the 12th

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

FAILURE posted:

So an extra $8?

No, I think it's $18? The PC version anyways is $50. Technically $68 more for me cause I have the PC version already, but if you looked at my screeenshot you'll understand. :/

• Locked thread