Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
Iorveth easily kicks Roche's rear end in their weird duel at the end of Act 1, therefore by power level hierarchy logic Iorveth could do that too if he wanted to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

Roche is basically the leader of the gestapo

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:
I'll continue the play style of my Geralt as being the non-human civil rights activist he is. :c00lbert:

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
I thought as characters that Roche was cooler than Iorveth, but Iorveth's path has the better act 2 and 3.

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Witty phrases on random basis
Dragons are cool, and old friends even cooler. I don't suppose we have knowledge of Borch yet?

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax

Dr. Abysmal posted:

I thought as characters that Roche was cooler than Iorveth, but Iorveth's path has the better act 2 and 3.

Cooler is a hard call for me, but Iorveth's voice actor is loving great.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

8-bit Miniboss posted:

I'll continue the play style of my Geralt as being the non-human civil rights activist he is. :c00lbert:

This is how I play it as well. If everyone's a dick I might as well try to help the downtrodden non humans. Plus there's no way I'm going to ignore or hurt the trolls.

Relentlessboredomm fucked around with this message at 21:59 on May 6, 2015

Willfrey
Jul 20, 2007

Why don't the poors simply buy more money?
Fun Shoe
Man I am curious to see how the Roche/Iorveth choice pans out in Witcher 3

More than that I want to see Letho return, loved his character, his voice acting. I always bullshitted with him in the end and let him walk, witcher bro was just trying to rebuild his schoolin the south

Willfrey fucked around with this message at 22:06 on May 6, 2015

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

GuyUpNorth posted:

Dragons are cool, and old friends even cooler. I don't suppose we have knowledge of Borch yet?

I don't think so, though I do believe it is confirmed at one point or another that Saskia is his daughter.

ZearothK fucked around with this message at 22:09 on May 6, 2015

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011
If you go with Iorveth, he can really grow to like Geralt and turns into your bro, too. They're both cool dudes.

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax

ZearothK posted:

I don't think so, though I do believe it is confirmed at one point or another that Saskia is his daughter.

Saskia outright says she's his daughter if you cure her in the end.

Willfrey posted:

Man I am curious to see how the Roche/Iorveth choice pans out in Witcher 3

I think the main difference would be the characters' reaction to you when you meet up with them again. I fear they'll both be pissed off at Geralt in my game, since I abandoned Roche for Iorveth and abandoned Iorveth for Triss.

Ravenfood posted:

If you go with Iorveth, he can really grow to like Geralt and turns into your bro, too. They're both cool dudes.

"You're the noblest man I've ever known" is what he says to you if you help Saskia in the end, if I remember correctly.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
Of course, it's not like you really fight for the Scoiatael on Iorveth's Path. You fight against indefinite detention, and for racial equality, freedom from foreign tyranny and cool dragons.

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
In fact, the Scoia'tael are actually a minor (if crucial) part of Saskia's rebellion that every other member of her faction despises for being crazy terrorists.

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005
Looks like GMG might be selling gray market keys or something?

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/witcher-dev-disputes-39-witcher-3-promotion/1100-6427129/

posted:

business development manager Rafał Jaki said fans of the company should not buy The Witcher 3 from Green Man Gaming.

"I would kindly ask our fans no to buy via GMG at this time. We had not sold them Keys and don't know the origin of them," he said.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Broose posted:

That's a really lovely point of view.

Yeah, I just can't stomach siding with a bunch of terrorists. I don't think I'll ever be able to do Iorveth's path.

Ah well. Time to boot up Witcher 2 now.

You say that like terrorist actually means anything. Geralt doesn't live in 21st century planet Earth. "Terrorism" is a pretty understandable response in the context of a non-trivial part of the population wanting your race wiped from the face of the earth.

Lord Lambeth posted:

Roche is basically the leader of the gestapo

There's also this. Roche is unironically the leader of the secret police. Keeping your hands clean just isn't an option.

Spiky Ooze
Oct 27, 2005

Bernie Sanders is a friend to my planet (pictured)

click the shit outta^

Woah... what the gently caress? It's still for sale on their site.

Man this is weird.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

Spiky Ooze posted:

Woah... what the gently caress? It's still for sale on their site.

Man this is weird.

I could be wrong but I'm guessing that Namco, one of the retail publishers, sold GMG a lot of keys. Probably broke some contract if they did that since CDProjekt has global digital distribution rights for the game.

edit: Alternatively they are doing weird gray market poo poo. It's happened like once or twice before but usually GMG is legit.

Spite
Jul 27, 2001

Small chance of that...

Broose posted:

That's a really lovely point of view.

Yeah, I just can't stomach siding with a bunch of terrorists. I don't think I'll ever be able to do Iorveth's path.

Ah well. Time to boot up Witcher 2 now.

It's very eastern european to me: there is no good choice, and everyone is some flavor of corrupt rear end in a top hat.

People say "oh Gerald doesn't live in 21st century earth" but I never bought that. It's not like this series is subtle at all.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Spite posted:

It's very eastern european to me: there is no good choice, and everyone is some flavor of corrupt rear end in a top hat.

People say "oh Gerald doesn't live in 21st century earth" but I never bought that. It's not like this series is subtle at all.

Don't agree with that at all. Just because "modern 21st century human rights and society" isn't an option doesn't mean there isn't a good choice. What's great about the Witcher 2 isn't that every ending is some flavor of EVERYTHING SUCKS FOR EVERYONE FOREVER and to take that from the endings is a pretty big misread. It's that you do make a difference for somebody but you can't change the fundamentals of society. Good choices are relative.

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011
If the elves didn't want to get hosed over, maybe they shouldn't have been so smug all the time even while losing their entire territory to humans.
Dwarves are cool though.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

havenwaters posted:

I could be wrong but I'm guessing that Namco, one of the retail publishers, sold GMG a lot of keys. Probably broke some contract if they did that since CDProjekt has global digital distribution rights for the game.

It sounds like CDProjekt is trying to keep the game on Steam and GOG only (probably to try and boost GOG.) Any other digital distributors have to use retail keys to sell the game.

As GMG is, from my understanding, connected to a retail chain in the UK they've probably put up keys from boxed copies they purchased.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Mokinokaro posted:

As GMG is, from my understanding, connected to a retail chain in the UK they've probably put up keys from boxed copies they purchased.

That's simplycdkeys.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

The Sharmat posted:

"You're the noblest man I've ever known" is what he says to you if you help Saskia in the end, if I remember correctly.

He says you are the only truly noble human he has ever known. Geralt says he's not human and Iorveth is relieved because he can keep hating humans then.

Roche is a total bro but Zoltan is miserable if you choose the Roche path. You get to hang out with all Zoltan's pals if you go with Iorveth as well as do the playable Dandelion quest. Its really the only choice.

McCheese
May 1, 2011

Pwnstar posted:

He says you are the only truly noble human he has ever known. Geralt says he's not human and Iorveth is relieved because he can keep hating humans then.

Roche is a total bro but Zoltan is miserable if you choose the Roche path. You get to hang out with all Zoltan's pals if you go with Iorveth as well as do the playable Dandelion quest. Its really the only choice.

"loving idiot actually went in!"

I hope we get lots more Dandelion in w3.

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

Flirting With Apathetic Waitresses Since 1984

Pwnstar posted:

Sided with the Flaming Rose in W1 along with Roche in W2 for my import save.

I hope in W3 Zoltan hates me.

(Honestly his faux-hawk just rubs me the wrong way.)

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

The Joe Man posted:

Sided with the Flaming Rose in W1 along with Roche in W2 for my import save.

I hope in W3 Zoltan hates me.

(Honestly his faux-hawk just rubs me the wrong way.)

Anyone with that haircut deserves to live in a ghetto.

Archimago
Jun 18, 2014

I just want to nom on Merrill
If you don't like Zoltan and/or Dandelion you probably have a personality disorder, hth. :colbert:

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax

GrossMurpel posted:

If the elves didn't want to get hosed over, maybe they shouldn't have been so smug all the time even while losing their entire territory to humans.
Dwarves are cool though.

Smugness is the only defense left to them.

Pwnstar posted:

Roche is a total bro
The only time Roche actually does something for Geralt that couldn't just as easily be construed as entirely self serving is on Iorveth's path.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
That's true. I actually like Roche on Ioverth's Path way more than on Roche's Path.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

The Sharmat posted:

The only time Roche actually does something for Geralt that couldn't just as easily be construed as entirely self serving is on Iorveth's path.

That's because he's a total bro who happens to be really drat good at his job.

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
I just don't really see how he qualifies as a "bro" if he never really does something that indicates he gives much of a poo poo about you at all beyond idle chit chat in a couple cutscenes.

Pb and Jellyfish
Oct 30, 2011
If I buy the GOG version, can I register it to steam? Not a big deal if I can't, but I prefer it for updates and the possibility of a mod workshop. Also, do any Canadians know if GOG will switch to beaver bucks from freedom coins when I pay? poo poo has been way more expensive on steam since they switched to our sagging currency.

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

Flirting With Apathetic Waitresses Since 1984

Pb and Jellyfish posted:

If I buy the GOG version, can I register it to steam? Not a big deal if I can't, but I prefer it for updates and the possibility of a mod workshop. Also, do any Canadians know if GOG will switch to beaver bucks from freedom coins when I pay? poo poo has been way more expensive on steam since they switched to our sagging currency.

No, but I believe the Steam version will give you an extra GOG key (at least it has with the previous two games).

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Witty phrases on random basis
And you might be able to scan W3 or however it works with some Steam games.

Broose
Oct 28, 2007
GOG sounds like they got their own version of Steam out now too, so you can get auto updates through that.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Broose posted:

GOG sounds like they got their own version of Steam out now too, so you can get auto updates through that.

It's not even out of Beta, right? I don't' see it being releasable in two weeks, either.

Broose
Oct 28, 2007

Drifter posted:

It's not even out of Beta, right? I don't' see it being releasable in two weeks, either.

It is open beta now I guess. They got purple banners advertising it and allow you to sign up.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Broose posted:

It is open beta now I guess. They got purple banners advertising it and allow you to sign up.

They're handing out invitations in batches eery few days, I think.

Broose
Oct 28, 2007
Ah, I see. Didn't read anything about that, but explains why they haven't sent out one for me yet.

I've forgotten how mindnumbingly boring the prologue is for Witcher 2. Just wanna get to flotsam already.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Pb and Jellyfish posted:

Not Canadian, but GOG uses USD for anything not starting in Euro (EUR), Pounds sterling (GBP), Australian dollars (AUD) or Russian rubles (RUB).

• Locked thread