Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Willfrey
Jul 20, 2007

Why don't the poors simply buy more money?
Fun Shoe

McCheese posted:

"loving idiot actually went in!"

I hope we get lots more Dandelion in w3.

I never went in on previous playthroughs, laughed my rear end off when I did in my most recent

Dandelion gets a killer mustache this go round

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
I can't fathom Dandelion not going in.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Which quest was this? I honestly can't remember it and that bums me out.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

Manatee Cannon posted:

Which quest was this? I honestly can't remember it and that bums me out.

The succubus one, Geralt has Dandelion compose a poem to lure her out, and specifically tells Dandelion not to enter her lair after she opens it. You then send him in anyway.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Ooooh, right. I remember that now, thanks.

Leb
Jan 15, 2004

Change came to America on November the 4th, 2008, in the form of an unassuming Senator from the state of Illinois.
So I'm obviously not the kind of enormous nerd that worries about which choices "book Geralt" might make in TW2, but for the sake of any such nerds out there who are too terrified to ask, uh... what is the consensus, do we think? Obviously, spoilers follow.

1.) As for the the pivotal choice in the game, I'm kind of torn.

a.) On the one hand, Iorveth's path allows you to to pursue Triss straight away (which squares with "book Geralt's" final vow to focus on the people that are important to him -- well, before he's hilariously murdered doing the opposite, but anyways), but given Geralt's experiences with the squirrels in the books, I'm not sure he'd be too quick to trust them.

b.) On the other hand, you're only free and in Flotsam due to Roche's timely assist and he's only asking for a quick favor (some light assassination duties) before sailing with you to Aedirn. That said, Geralt doesn't have much reason to trust Roche either, and Roche is clearly playing a larger, longer game.

2.) As for the repercussions in Chapter 2:

a.) (Iorveth) Assuming you opted for this path, it seems likely that Geralt wouldn't allow the mob to murder Stennis.

b.) (Roche) Here again, I don't imagine that Geralt would allow Roche to slay Henselt.

3.) Regardless of the path one took to reach Chapter 3, it seems like Geralt would always go after Triss, the various other intrigues be damned.

And it goes without saying that "book Geralt" will go out of his way to kill every troll he encounters, after what that band of marauding trolls did to Roach in the saga. Other book readers, thoughts? Only two weeks for a hypothetical individual that isn't me to prepare a suitable savegame for import.

Leb fucked around with this message at 03:37 on May 7, 2015

Archimago
Jun 18, 2014

I just want to nom on Merrill
I stumbled across this. (Trigger Warning: Reddit)

Apparently "gaymer" is an actual term that people use unironically? :cripes:

Jarmak
Jan 24, 2005

Is there anything particularly evil about the Empire? My wife's observation after playing through most of the game was "every ruler in the north is an rear end in a top hat and everyone might be better off if the not-Romans conquered everything"

Orv
May 4, 2011

Archimago posted:

It's pretty harmless in the spectrum of dumb bullshit from those parts of the internet, but yes, it sees relatively large use.

Jarmak posted:

Is there anything particularly evil about the Empire? My wife's observation after playing through most of the game was "every ruler in the north is an rear end in a top hat and everyone might be better off if the not-Romans conquered everything"

Nilfgaard is a very relative evil, in the grand scheme of The Continent. They want to bring everyone under a single government, and they're not above doing so by force if it's the most efficient option. As your wife noticed however, the North is a bunch of bumbling, overcompetitive lords ranging from straight up imbeciles to ones like Foltest or Calanthe, who while competent, still didn't pose much of a threat to the South.

That's kind of The Witcher, though. Everything is a relative evil, which one does the least harm?

Orv fucked around with this message at 04:42 on May 7, 2015

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Archimago posted:

Say what you will, but GOG has Triss's playboy spreads available as download extras for W2. I don't see why CDPr doesn't just go whole hog with Geralt's sausage.

Orv
May 4, 2011
They just don't make CPUs powerful enough to render that much man before the heat death of the universe.

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.
Just adding in, if you bought an Nvidia 900 series for the W3 code, Batman:Arkham Knight is being offered along with it now. If you're still within the return period for the card I'd imagine whatever retailer you got it from would be willing to send you the second code--Newegg just hooked me up for the card I bought last week. :buddy:

Jarmak
Jan 24, 2005

OAquinas posted:

Just adding in, if you bought an Nvidia 900 series for the W3 code, Batman:Arkham Knight is being offered along with it now. If you're still within the return period for the card I'd imagine whatever retailer you got it from would be willing to send you the second code--Newegg just hooked me up for the card I bought last week. :buddy:

Did you just write newegg customer service and ask? I bought a 980 from them on Saturday.

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

Jarmak posted:

Did you just write newegg customer service and ask? I bought a 980 from them on Saturday.

Did a chat session. Just said " I just bought this card (order XXXX), and I just noticed the game offer was updated to include Batman. Given that I'm within the refund period, any chance you could just send me the additional game code?"

No issues, straight up "Certainly excellent customer NAME, here is your new order number, the code will be sent to your email."

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
Wait, so you get a witcher 3 AND arkham knight code?

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

Drifter posted:

Wait, so you get a witcher 3 AND arkham knight code?
Yes.

Archimago
Jun 18, 2014

I just want to nom on Merrill

Drifter posted:

Say what you will, but GOG has Triss's playboy spreads available as download extras for W2. I don't see why CDPr doesn't just go whole hog with Geralt's sausage.

I'm fine with that, I just had no idea it was an actual term people used in serious conversation.

Didn't Comte confirm the inclusion of dong physics?

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Archimago posted:

I'm fine with that, I just had no idea it was an actual term people used in serious conversation.

Didn't Comte confirm the inclusion of dong physics?
Vocal minorities call themselves all sorts of stupid things, I guess.

I thought they weren't going to dangle the dong?

Orv
May 4, 2011
Comte confirmed no dong physics.

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

OAquinas posted:

Did a chat session. Just said " I just bought this card (order XXXX), and I just noticed the game offer was updated to include Batman. Given that I'm within the refund period, any chance you could just send me the additional game code?"

No issues, straight up "Certainly excellent customer NAME, here is your new order number, the code will be sent to your email."

That is a really good deal and I wish I could afford the card itself.

Cephalocidal
Dec 23, 2005

Orv posted:

They could always use the hair physics with a dong model.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

Orv posted:

Not even on my nVidia card!?

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

I want pony tail physics applied to Geralt's penis or I'm cancelling my preorder, TIA. :flaccid:

Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

(he's got a good thing going)

Jarmak posted:

They don't care much for profligates or debauchery. So if you like your medieval towns to have sleaze, you'll want a Free North.

Orv posted:

The purported lack of Geralt's butt makes me a bit sad. I mean, it's not like it would turn people to stone.

Willfrey
Jul 20, 2007

Why don't the poors simply buy more money?
Fun Shoe

Cephalocidal posted:

They could always use the hair physics with a dong model.

Maybe on your dong

:iceburn:

beer_war
Mar 10, 2005

GMG's response:

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/witcher-3-39-codes-legitimate-despite-dev-accusati/1100-6427149/

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

I wonder what GMG's profit off this is. I wonder if they're just recouping costs. It's weird that GOG wouldn't let GMG sell their game, when so many other sites can. It's a huge game, GMG would certainly lose some influence and authority in their customer base's eyes were it not available at their storefront.

And CDPr aren't seeing profit from what GMG is selling, but they've still gotten paid for the initial purchase when Store X bought it from CDPr - it's not like the keys were stolen. I'm not sure who bears the brunt of blame; there's hardly a full picture here.

Also, I just fuckin' realized I had to be meditating in order to level up. :argh: What an annoying design decision.

:argh::argh:

Drifter fucked around with this message at 06:34 on May 7, 2015

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004

Drifter posted:

Also, I just fuckin' realized I had to be meditating in order to level up. :argh: What an annoying design decision.

:argh::argh:

That's only on difficulties higher than Normal.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Anti-Hero posted:

That's only on difficulties higher than Normal.

and? That just makes it even weirder.

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

Leb posted:

So I'm obviously not the kind of enormous nerd that worries about which choices "book Geralt" might make in TW2, but for the sake of any such nerds out there who are too terrified to ask, uh... what is the consensus, do we think? Obviously, spoilers follow.

1.) As for the the pivotal choice in the game, I'm kind of torn.

a.) On the one hand, Iorveth's path allows you to to pursue Triss straight away (which squares with "book Geralt's" final vow to focus on the people that are important to him -- well, before he's hilariously murdered doing the opposite, but anyways), but given Geralt's experiences with the squirrels in the books, I'm not sure he'd be too quick to trust them.

b.) On the other hand, you're only free and in Flotsam due to Roche's timely assist and he's only asking for a quick favor (some light assassination duties) before sailing with you to Aedirn. That said, Geralt doesn't have much reason to trust Roche either, and Roche is clearly playing a larger, longer game.

2.) As for the repercussions in Chapter 2:

a.) (Iorveth) Assuming you opted for this path, it seems likely that Geralt wouldn't allow the mob to murder Stennis.

b.) (Roche) Here again, I don't imagine that Geralt would allow Roche to slay Henselt.

3.) Regardless of the path one took to reach Chapter 3, it seems like Geralt would always go after Triss, the various other intrigues be damned.

And it goes without saying that "book Geralt" will go out of his way to kill every troll he encounters, after what that band of marauding trolls did to Roach in the saga. Other book readers, thoughts? Only two weeks for a hypothetical individual that isn't me to prepare a suitable savegame for import.

1) Roche seems more natural from books standpoint for the reasons you described IMO.
2) agreed with both
3) agreed

Yaos
Feb 22, 2003

She is a cat of significant gravy.

There's a huge shitstorm now. Nobody knows who to blame because everybody loves CD Projekt Red and GMG, and everybody knows blame is determined by who you love the least.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

Saskia's little state is a personal favorite of mine, but I'm not sure saving her with the dagger is better than going for Triss and staving off the mage massacre in the long run. Of course they are manipulative assholes but they are also an important line of defense against the Empire, and they'll fight, because they don't want to be shackled.

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

But I remember the fella who told me. Big lad. Arms as thick as oak trees, a stunning collection of scars, nice eye patch. A REAL therapist he was. Er wait. Maybe it was rapist?

Yaos posted:

There's a huge shitstorm now. Nobody knows who to blame because everybody loves CD Projekt Red and GMG, and everybody knows blame is determined by who you love the least.

Obviously this is just some very meta pre-order marketing for The Witcher 3. They're both right and wrong and this whole situation is very grey. Just like the games!

I really want to get in at that pre-order price. I hope they work something out so I can get a gmg copy without the risk of cd revocation. Totally seems like the internet is going after GMG, though. I imagine talks with GoG failed since CDP didn't want them discounting it any lower than 53.99 matching the other sites.

Edit: Haven't played TW2 since near launch so I can't quite remember... how much does importing a TW1 save affect? I know you get some TW1 themed gear at the beginning of the game but what about after that? Anything worth tracking down a save for?

Sankis fucked around with this message at 09:45 on May 7, 2015

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS
It's going to be a shitshow any way you slice it, so I've already resigned myself putting the characters I personally care for first, and gently caress the kingdoms.

Comte de Saint-Germain
Mar 26, 2001

Snouk but and snouk ben,
I find the smell of an earthly man,
Be he living, or be he dead,
His heart this night shall kitchen my bread.

Sankis posted:

Obviously this is just some very meta pre-order marketing for The Witcher 3. They're both right and wrong and this whole situation is very grey. Just like the games!

spoilers: If you buy from GMG Dandelion dies in act 3

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Sankis posted:

Edit: Haven't played TW2 since near launch so I can't quite remember... how much does importing a TW1 save affect? I know you get some TW1 themed gear at the beginning of the game but what about after that? Anything worth tracking down a save for?

A few references to your major choices (Adda, Side chosen) and that's about it.

I've actually got a question; can someone tell me the default world state in W2 without an import? Never tried it without a save import and can't find any info online.

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

iGestalt posted:

A few references to your major choices (Adda, Side chosen) and that's about it.

I've actually got a question; can someone tell me the default world state in W2 without an import? Never tried it without a save import and can't find any info online.

Geralt killed Adda, that's the only thing I remember.

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

I'm a GENERAL, not some opera floozy!
Is there a Witcher 1 playthrough on Youtube I can see, played by someone good and knowledgeable? I'd like to see how that turned out, I quit after leaving Vizima.

Currently trying to play W2 for reals, but Geralt is such a flimsy weakstick I'm getting kind of frustrated any time I have to fight more than about 3 enemies, which is basically every time.

alex314
Nov 22, 2007

Crimson Harvest posted:

Is there a Witcher 1 playthrough on Youtube I can see, played by someone good and knowledgeable? I'd like to see how that turned out, I quit after leaving Vizima.

Currently trying to play W2 for reals, but Geralt is such a flimsy weakstick I'm getting kind of frustrated any time I have to fight more than about 3 enemies, which is basically every time.

Gopher is pretty cool dude, he did W1 playthrough, but I haven't seen it myself:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tdPY9U-zbs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comte de Saint-Germain
Mar 26, 2001

Snouk but and snouk ben,
I find the smell of an earthly man,
Be he living, or be he dead,
His heart this night shall kitchen my bread.
I like Christopher Odd, his canadian accent is soothing to me.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=channel?UCdAy0KqpdA2Lp2_Qp0yNk2g

• Locked thread