Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender
I still can't get over how insanely stupid the whole "you must wipe your hometown off the map to get the job" thing is. It's so over-the-top that it takes me out of the show.

Good riddance to Maseo, the virus-dealing fucker.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Oh gently caress off Felicity, beating the poo poo out of gang bangers until they are messy pulps in a displacement of your anger issues is like vigilante 101. Also lol she has Malcolm's face in her phone. And I CAN'T GO BACK well no poo poo why would anyone want you there are no firewalls to hack in Nanda Parbat you are useless there. It's like being the worst character is a zero sum game so as Laurel rises Felicity falls.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
Uhhh why the gently caress did Ray Palmer just GIVE his company to Felicity?

TEAH SYAG
Oct 2, 2009

by Lowtax

Drifter posted:

He's a low-rent Tony Stark that wants his own Pepper.

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006

Drifter posted:

So she can give it back to Oliver?

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Pillowpants posted:

So she can give it back to Oliver?

Does he even know what's going on with that?

It just seems so dumb. :psyduck:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

BrianWilly posted:

Well, nice ending. See y'all next season I guess.

This would be a good ending to the series lmao.

Drifter posted:

Why is Merlyn still alive?

Why doesn't the league use guns? Diggle was killing them by the dozens.

Why is the home town wiping out thing so painfully stupid?

So many questions. The answer to all of them is probably bad writing.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

This would be a good ending to the series lmao.

Why is Merlyn still alive?

Why doesn't the league use guns? Diggle was killing them by the dozens.

Why is the home town wiping out thing so painfully stupid?

So many questions. The answer to all of them is probably bad writing.

GRRROOOOAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNN

FAAAAAAAAAARRT

That is the writers of this show.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

I guess they're just looking to write him and anything off the show completely in preparation for the spin-off. Company has his name so it has to go as well. Oh and look what a convenient way to get Oliver his wealth back.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

BrianWilly posted:

Well, nice ending. See y'all next season I guess.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.

Basebf555 posted:

Kinda lame that they were alone and speaking English to each other.
Yeah not sure how the missed that considering the scene with Akio dying was pretty much in the same five minutes of that.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Sarab doesn't speak Japanese. That was Maseo.

Oroborus
Jul 6, 2004
Here we go again
Was that the finale?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

No, one more.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Felicity with the tablet hahaha

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Are we a week behind Flash, or have Flash's trailers been showing stuff about the finale (Fast Enough) instead of next week (Rogue Air)? Because it sure seems like next week's episode needs to happen before the Flash stuff in the trailers.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
I love Barrowman but Merlyn is such a nightmare at this point, just loving kill him off already

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Also how can Laurel go from failing to land on the roof of a van to beating up 3 league of assassin ninjas at once? That whole scene made them look like a joke.

Writers :argh:

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The ones she fought haven't destroyed their hometowns yet.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
Has the League never faced an adversary with guns before? Diggle might be the greatest foe the League ahs ever faced

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Aphrodite posted:

Sarab doesn't speak Japanese. That was Maseo.

underrated

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Wiping Starling off the map would work if the brainwashing thing was given any focus at all. As it stands, we've gone from "join the league under force" to "nuke your city" in like two episodes. No way does Rhas Al Ghul not expect Oliver to flip. Its derpy as hell.

The big brawl fight scene was a lot of fun, but the terribad costumes really took me out of it.

Maseo's plastic Scorpion from Mortal Kombat mask against Katana's fisher price japan helmet.... good lord, what the gently caress?

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

32MB OF ESRAM posted:

Felicity with the tablet hahaha

See how useful a Surface is haters :colbert:?

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy
I actually don't hate this episode I liked the death of maseo.
The Roy scene wasn't bad.
Ras Al Ghul actually being a horrible father was kind of great.
Ray taking out the jet was great.
Tatsu vs Maseo
The Canary Cry
Tatsu's Costume
Roy Palmer
Them actually not wanting to trust Tatsu because Oliver really never had approached them and told them about her
What I didn't like
gently caress Hong Kong
Ray giving up Palmer Industries
Also that general's paranoid rant was just laughable, I hope that was meant as the paranoid rants of a mad man.

So is Ray is going to be on Legends?

Also I really do want to see the next episode despite this episode being all over the place.

Crowsbeak fucked around with this message at 05:30 on May 7, 2015

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
Just a huge mess all around.

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."

Bad Moon posted:

See how useful a Surface is haters :colbert:?

I bet they had to clear it with Microsoft before they ever destroyed one on the show.

I don't know, maybe I've absorbed the bad writing quality of this season so much that it stopped phasing me, because I didn't mind this episode and found it fun at times.

I thought the way Ollie stopped Nyssa's knife at the altar was especially badass. "Please, continue."

Keeku
Jun 3, 2005

There were a few really nice moments in this episode. I enjoyed it and think I'll appreciate this season for what it was more once it's over. There's a lot of dumb writing in this show (Olicity for one, but far from the only) but I still enjoy the ride overall.

I also liked Merlyn's betrayal of Oliver in this episode. They've been working together a fair bit this season, which I think has been pretty cool. I'd like to see Merlyn have another run as the season bad guy though, perhaps season 5 so the show sort of comes full circle with the end of the flashbacks.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Longbaugh01 posted:

I bet they had to clear it with Microsoft before they ever destroyed one on the show.

I don't know, maybe I've absorbed the bad writing quality of this season so much that it stopped phasing me, because I didn't mind this episode and found it fun at times.

I thought the way Ollie stopped Nyssa's knife at the altar was especially badass. "Please, continue."

It really wasn't a bad episode, just poor. At the least I didn't feel like it was a chore after the first ten minutes. Also yay Barry is going to be on.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
guys im totally going to hack the mainframe on that f35 i just have to be 50 yards away okay?

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

ded posted:

guys im totally going to hack the mainframe on that f35 i just have to be 50 yards away okay?

I'm CLOSE ENOUGH!

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

ded posted:

Isn't that SOP on CSI?

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
Laurel's been training with Nyssa, she's leveled up a bit.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

boom boom boom posted:

Laurel's been training with Nyssa, she's leveled up a bit.

I liked how she actually did alright in the fight. Also I liked the part where felicity thought she actually killed someone for once.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Crowsbeak posted:

I liked how she actually did alright in the fight. Also I liked the part where felicity thought she actually killed someone for once.

But punching a guy in the face is really bad!!!

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Also how can Laurel go from failing to land on the roof of a van to beating up 3 league of assassin ninjas at once? That whole scene made them look like a joke.

Writers :argh:

She's been training with the League's best warrior for months now

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

The mirakuru goons also went from "Oliver had to drop half a factory on one to win" to "mild diversion" in a few episodes.

I'm much more baffled by the pacing. Oliver being the head of the demon and slowly being corrupted by Rhas - that's a story I'd watch.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.

ded posted:

This was realistic. There's no way anyone in the League knows how to program a jet, so it's on factory defaults. And factory defaults in comic books is "hack dat poo poo."

6-year plan man
Sep 1, 2007
working hardly, or hardly working?
Just watching now how is laurel fighting off assassins this is ridiculous.

wereboat
Jun 23, 2011
Let's be fair though, it's not like any of the ninjas had two knives.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Rarity posted:

She's been training with the League's best warrior for months now

She's been training with Merlyn?!?

• Locked thread