Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Elman
Oct 26, 2009

Bohemian Nights posted:

I am a dumb cs:go baby who doesn't understand the angles and camera placement in this game at all

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=by-lX9AvJsU

For some dumb reason the camera is on your character's right eye instead of being centered, so you're at a disadvantage if you're peeking to the left like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stumbletron
Jan 3, 2006
Anti-Stumble unit is fail!

Stumbletron posted:

HR v Titan about to go live on... train :stare:

http://www.twitch.tv/fragbitelive

This is going to overtime now

4 t wins in a 30 round game, good thing we got rid of nuke :thumbsup:

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry

Elman posted:

For some dumb reason the camera is on your character's right eye instead of being centered, so you're at a disadvantage if you're peeking to the left like that.

My problem was this and exactly what Smol points out, I should have stayed further back from the edge itself-- but I was in a pretty lovely position anyway. in my defense, I thought the way to short was covered by the dude on arches, but alas. How to hold angles is just one of the million basic little things to keep in mind in cs:go- beyond just knowing through experience what's the good angles for the given spots, I guess.

Also had a fun game where I won an easy 1v1 clutch. I was hiding near the bomb site when the plant came in. I start walking into the spot when a guy on my team writes "AFK in spawn" in chat and initiates a votekick against me. Suddenly the guy who planted starts macking a ruckus by bunny-jumping out of construction and I just own the poor guy on the way out. :angel:

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Elman posted:

What? :psyduck:

Gristley Bear
May 16, 2007

METAL

In 1.6 and source the peek advantage was for the left eye. In csgo it's the right eye. It was never centered. This means that with proper positioning there are places where you can see the enemy before they see you.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Elman posted:

It's a variable spot on the centerline of your face.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5e8HZqF3cyk

Salt Fish fucked around with this message at 22:17 on May 6, 2015

Gristley Bear
May 16, 2007

METAL
It isn't variable, it's always slightly to the right. 1.6 was slightly to the left.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Gristley Bear posted:

It isn't variable, it's always slightly to the right. 1.6 was slightly to the left.

The camera changes place on your model for sure. Watch the video.

Gristley Bear
May 16, 2007

METAL
The camera is in a fixed position (64 units high) but the models move depending on what weapon you're holding.

The camera is definitely off center and has been since 1.6

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
Well that was one of the weirdest 1v5 clutch I've seen in a professional game.

Startacus
May 25, 2007
I am Startacus.

Salt Fish posted:

Yeah but if you just had the right equipment it would bump you up to GE.

All I need is a CRT and an overlay crosshair and I'll be GE by the end of the week.

Rahu
Feb 14, 2009

let me just check my figures real quick here
Grimey Drawer
Please be careful. I have it on good authority that crosshair overlays will get you vacced.

check my references for proof:

Kehveli
Apr 1, 2009

Push It Like You Push Your Girlfriend

Sometimes opening cases is nice and worth it.

It almost never is though.

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
please dont open cases

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

FetalDave
Jun 25, 2011

Moumantai!
Unboxed this before a goonman earlier. FN M9 Fade.

Looking to get a lot of bike parts for this.

Picer
Mar 25, 2004

Other peoples ignorance puts food on my table.
I unboxed a huntsman during warmup once.

Half the enemy team threw because they ment i deserved to win that game on the unboxing alone.

hello internet
Sep 13, 2004

The new voice codecs are nice for the most part but does anyone notice it seems like there is a high pitched hissing sound in the background when people talk?

Koala Cola
Dec 21, 2005

I am the stone that the builder refused...
Who's the announcer who likes to say "cuckoo" before players kill each other 'cause he can go gently caress himself

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry

Apparition posted:

Who's the announcer who likes to say "cuckoo" before players kill each other 'cause he can go gently caress himself

Rahim "babam" something. He's incredibly, incredibly bad.

Rahu
Feb 14, 2009

let me just check my figures real quick here
Grimey Drawer

hello internet posted:

The new voice codecs are nice for the most part but does anyone notice it seems like there is a high pitched hissing sound in the background when people talk?

The new codec is better at capturing the quality of the really trashy mics people use. Before everything sounded like a mess and now there is actually a difference between good and bad mics.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Cant wait to hear how good cyka blyat amerikan hamburger will sound now.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry

Smol posted:

Cant wait to hear how good cyka blyat amerikan hamburger will sound now.

Really good :geno:

Rite Of Massage
Aug 16, 2005

FetalDave posted:

Unboxed this before a goonman earlier. FN M9 Fade.

Looking to get a lot of bike parts for this.

that is a strange lookin fade you got there. probz worth above market!!

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
I picked up a G500, lol, should have read more reviews because it is a hilarious failure in almost every way. I can't believe this would cost even 20 dollars; doesn't work on a flat black mouse mat, doesn't work on a wood laminate desk, just an unbelievable piece of poo poo. Returning it ASAP and going back to the drawing board on what mouse to pick up. Probably a zowie or something.

ProfessionalNinja
Sep 26, 2004
I am the Professional Ninja

Apparition posted:

I watched a game he commented on earlier because there were no other games on at the moment. It was funny-ish the first time, and then he did it about 80 more times, and it lost its charm after the second.

Vaah
Dec 25, 2008

:shittydog:

Salt Fish posted:

I picked up a G500, lol, should have read more reviews because it is a hilarious failure in almost every way. I can't believe this would cost even 20 dollars; doesn't work on a flat black mouse mat, doesn't work on a wood laminate desk, just an unbelievable piece of poo poo. Returning it ASAP and going back to the drawing board on what mouse to pick up. Probably a zowie or something.

Sorry you got a poo poo g500 sent to you, because mine lasted me 5 years before it finally succumbed to a shorted cord because of my neglect.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
As far as I can tell there is literally no reason to use a laser sensor except that the word laser was cool in the 80s.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

loving :laffo:

http://clgaming.net/news/667-clg-counter-strike-roster-opening

How desperate can they be to have open applications?

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Smol posted:

welcome to clg and their horrible horrible management

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

im going to apply to play for clg

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

Smol posted:

Honestly, I can see this being a good thing. It'd be good if they were able to find a diamond in the rough and bring up some hidden talent that is ready for the bigger stage. When you already have a relatively small pool of established players to choose from, the well runs dry real quick.

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Akumos ends up in clg

YOU HEARD IT HERE. FIRST.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
Yeah, honestly I don't think people should poo poo on that idea until it's failed. CLG isn't at the level where they can just cherrypick players from other decent (lol) NA teams. I imagine that in the US, as it is like in many other countries, that reaching a top team is more who you know than how good you really are.

Rosh
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's Wrong,
Something's Right

Salt Fish posted:

I think you got a broken mouse or something then, unless they changed to a funky sensor later in the G500s life. I have a G500 that I got in early 2012 and a G5 from around 2008 and both of them have worked (and still work) without a problem directly on my desk surfaces as well as on black cloth mats like the QcK+.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Salt Fish posted:

I picked up a G500, lol, should have read more reviews because it is a hilarious failure in almost every way.
There are reviews of malfunctioning units?

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

g500 is an objectively bad mouse as far as quality mice go but frankly the difference between quality mice is overblown. I use a g502 which is pretty great.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
My application for CLG is in and I think I have a pretty good shot looking at the rest of the continent.

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.
mouse chat: I just DITCHED my DA2013 for a Steelseries Rival and I think it's better (!!!)

and it was only like £40

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
Gross

• Locked thread