Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Million Ghosts
Aug 11, 2011

spooooooky
Fuckin' look at Takeo, dude's heart is probably already the size of a basketball.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
I hope she didn't make the icing with salt as well

Dan7el
Dec 7, 2008

Cake Attack posted:

you would also normally die if a giant metal girdle fell on you
I had to read this two times before I realized you meant girder. All I could think of was some huge piece of form-fitting, yet supportive, under-garment made out of iron falling and killing someone.

I think idea with falling i-beam is to show how incredibly big and strong Takeo is, overall. Plus, anime. It's hard to imagine someone being able to withstand something like that in real-life, but if I were a betting man, I'd bet there are some people who actually could. I've seen some people do some amazing things.

For the salty cookies, depends on the salt content. You wouldn't want to eat pure cakes of salt, but if the salt wasn't all that dense, maybe this is like eating a bag of salty popcorn. Plus, anime.

I read through this part of the manga, so I know what her secret is. I'm sorry I do though. Usually, I don't mind being spoiled, but for this show, I'm not going to read any more of the manga until the show is over. It's too enjoyable otherwise.

Suna's sister is awesome. Too bad her plans didn't work out. I suppose either way would be good for Takeo, though.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

For reals those salty cookies would make me throw up, even if they'd been made by someone as cute as Yamato.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?

Sakurazuka posted:

For reals those salty cookies would make me throw up, even if they'd been made by someone as cute as Yamato.

Obviously Takeo grinded out his courage stat.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

salty cookies are good when they aren't just "cookies, but with salt instead of sugar".

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

I really hope they break the mold and have characters who are dating kiss before the 9 hour mark.

Then you watch "Yamada-kun and the Seven Witches" and you wonder why no one has mono.

MagicAlex
Jan 6, 2007

Isn't a cookie made with salt basically just kind of a pretzel? She should make him a pretzel! Also looking forward to a gif of the episode preview.

sunburnedcrow
Dec 17, 2012
Ai is a good character. I am happy that they introduced her well in the anime.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Sakurazuka posted:

they looked good.

darkgray
Dec 20, 2005

My best pose facing the morning sun!
Inoue Kikuko as the big sister is making my head spin.

Anyone else think it sounded like she phoned it in this episode? And I mean literally phoned, as in the sound quality of her voice recording was different from the rest of the cast.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant
Well, at least Takeo realizes that there's something Yamato is unhappy about.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

darkgray posted:

Anyone else think it sounded like she phoned it in this episode? And I mean literally phoned, as in the sound quality of her voice recording was different from the rest of the cast.

I was listening on a single earbud so I didn't notice anything!

PotU
Jul 5, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
how tall is takeo supposed to be

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

The tribute araki drew had a little scale with him topping out over 200cm.

PotU
Jul 5, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i hoped he was only japanese big and i could beat him up and steal his gf

Edward IV
Jan 15, 2006

Meme Emulator posted:

The tribute araki drew had a little scale with him topping out over 200cm.

So over 6'7" in American. :stare:

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Edward IV posted:

So over 6'7" in American. :stare:

Shrimp

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

darkgray posted:

Yeah, I thought it sounded weird. My speakers burned recently (literary, smoke came out of one of them) and I used a pair of fairly crappy speakers for a week before loaning a decentish pair from a friend and the first times she talked I thought I still had the crap speakers. Maybe some of the sound mixing went horribly wrong, and no one noticed/fixed it?

coathat
May 21, 2007

PotU posted:

how tall is takeo supposed to be

Six foot six 265lbs

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Just noticed that they added Yamato to the cake in the opening for this episode, that's adorable.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

In good/bad news, Sentai picked the show up for physical and digital releases in the US.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008
Some other good news that four volumes of the manga have already been released here and 5 is on it's way!
EDIT: Sentai seems to be picking up a lot of stuff lately. Has their recent stuff been of good quality?

Million Ghosts
Aug 11, 2011

spooooooky

coathat posted:

Six foot six 265lbs

Takeo Gouda has a posse.

Solanumai
Mar 26, 2006

It's shrine maiden, not shrine maid!

Senor Candle posted:

Some other good news that four volumes of the manga have already been released here and 5 is on it's way!
EDIT: Sentai seems to be picking up a lot of stuff lately. Has their recent stuff been of good quality?

They tend to do extremely "budget" releases. No dubs (sometimes), basic cases/boxes, few extras, and dubious video quality. Someone more knowledgeable than I could probably go into depth but that's the gist of it

They were probably the only people in on the bid for this particular show, as I assume is the case for most of their acquisitions.

Solanumai fucked around with this message at 00:37 on May 8, 2015

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?
That's about right. They've actually gotten okay from what I've heard on video quality. They had issues, but they've pretty much fixed those. Sentai's REAL problems are its lack of QC. Their dubs always sound like they did one or two takes and that's it. They've done it a couple of times where a line that is voiced somehow disappears and there's no voice even when something is being said (Golgo 13 and Bodacious Space Pirates both had this). Unfortunately I've also seen this affect sub only releases in a manner, where they straight out forgot to include a sub line (Love Lab).

Sentai would be the worst company if Sirabella wasn't still trying to convince us Media Blasters still exists. Sentai goes for Quantity rather than quality and you can see that when people talk about quality of the product compared to something that NISA puts out. I really wish NISA had grabbed this. All we can hope for is that Sentai doesn't gently caress anything up and we'll get an okay release.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

darkgray posted:

yeah her audio wasn't as crisp for some lines, especially when she first starts speaking, like there was some noise there that usually isn't

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

dogsicle posted:

In good/bad news, Sentai picked the show up for physical and digital releases in the US.
Horrid news; their dubs are unmitigated bum and that limits the value add to any given release.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

lol There's gonna be a My Love Story live action movie.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

ConanThe3rd posted:

Horrid news; their dubs are unmitigated bum and that limits the value add to any given release.

I'm not sure what benefit a dub could bring over Takeo's Japanese VA but the idea of say...a sub only release straight up missing lines isn't appealing. Sentai also managed to pick up CROWDS and just not include the ending? lol

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?

dogsicle posted:

I'm not sure what benefit a dub could bring over Takeo's Japanese VA but the idea of say...a sub only release straight up missing lines isn't appealing. Sentai also managed to pick up CROWDS and just not include the ending? lol

Yeah, a bad dub can be ignored but botched subs can't. I really hope that they don't gently caress up this release.

The thing with crowds is a little more complex. Sentai licensed the series, but what everyone considers the ending was an OVA/Fixed for Blu-Ray deal that was not included in the original license (probably because it didn't exist yet). What doesn't make sense is that Sentai has not gone back and grabbed this as a stand alone disc release or to include on a new collection.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

I didn't really pay attention to home releases when it was airing, but I thought Sentai only got trigger happy on licenses (e.g. announcing before a show finishes) more recently than that. Also doesn't help that they released after the JP box and in the same format. But yeah it's not an issue most shows would run into.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

Sakurazuka posted:

They're going to have to hire an actual giant wrestler to play Takeo.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Sakurazuka posted:

This isn't even news. Every anime, particularly normal world stuff requiring few special effects, gets a live action adaptation

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?

dogsicle posted:

I didn't really pay attention to home releases when it was airing, but I thought Sentai only got trigger happy on licenses (e.g. announcing before a show finishes) more recently than that.

No, they've been pretty trigger happy for a while now. Sometimes they will announce a show after it's aired but generally the bulk of their stuff is announced during the season it airs. In Crowds case I'm pretty sure it was close to it being done it right after when they announced the license. So at that point the OVA didn't exist and wasn't in the licensing package.

I know I haven't bought the release
despite loving the show because of not getting that new ending.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
It was literately a case of ;

ADV hoovering up licences left and right and being encumbered by the sheer volume of licences
Sojitz (the people they partnered with to allow them to hoover the licences up) telling them to gently caress off because they were not doing anything with said Hoovered licences,
ADV going bust
ADV cheating Texas Tax Laws to stop being bankrupt
ADV Hoovers up licences again and dubs everything they can with a sub-odex level team so they can fart them off to Animax Asia for profit*.
*presumably this is why they haven't picked up Gatchaman Crowd's ending ova, cause they would have to put some cash down on that.

Asshats didn't learn poo poo from their first time at the Rodeo except how somehow to make their releases even worse.

Which is fine, I'm happy to just not buy whatever thing they fart out here and just watch things on CR.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
I love how when there's that bug on her, Takeo catches and gently releases the bug into the sky, because of course he would.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

The next episode screen is something I look forward to. It's a consolation to the fact the episode is over and I have to wait another week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
What is it with Kikuko "Belldandy" Inoue and playing "rear end in a top hat" older sisters these days?

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 14:09 on May 13, 2015

• Locked thread