Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
joseph dog was introduced too late

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Stairmaster posted:

Good news with tomorrows episode we can pretend we can all actually feel the excitement of the golden days when Battle Tendency was airing instead of this bullshit idle curiosity most of part 3 has presented us with.

What the.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?

Stairmaster posted:

Good news with tomorrows episode we can pretend we can all actually feel the excitement of the golden days when Battle Tendency was airing instead of this bullshit idle curiosity most of part 3 has presented us with.

Which part 3 of what series are you watching because you're clearly not watching Jojo.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Stairmaster posted:

Source your quotes please

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Serperoth posted:

Source your quotes please

(Pleb and Casual, 2015, p. 237)

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Battle Tendency gets too much praise.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008
I'm sorry is it terrible opinions day?

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

battle tendency villains were pretty loving boring tbh.

Joseph carried that show.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Wham was the best villain. :colbert:

Iserlohn
Nov 3, 2011

Watch out!

Here comes the third tactic.
Lipstick Apathy
If it's just between muscle-bound Mesoamerican vampires, then yeah.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Monaghan posted:

battle tendency villains were pretty loving boring tbh.

Joseph carried that show.

You're crazy. Kars is great, better than Dio so far.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Kars was poo poo for basically his entirety of existing until the Ultimate Being, that's legit his only fun stuff. That and the leg guitar.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Are we just talking Part 3 DIO and not including Part 1 Dio Brando in this?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

All of JoJo's is sick, even Part 1.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I'm talking about everything I've seen of Dio so far, so part 1 and him standing in a corner in his house for the whole of part 3 (so far). I think Kars and the Pillar Men were extremely hype villains, their music during the awaken scene is amazing and each of their fights were cool too.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
ACDC has to be one of the shittiest fights in the series for just being a glorified "No, I'm behind you" fight that has one good moment in it. Every other moment is Joseph not even being touched by him and basically steamrolling him. It is basically a Bleach fight, but in the hero's favor rather than the villain's. The Wham fight is legit fantastic though, probably one of the best in the series.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Maybe I'm remembering the Esidisi fight being better than it actually was, but I recall liking it.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Was ACDC fight the one on the spikes with the yarn

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

Yeah, that was Esidisi. It's on the lower end of JoJo fights for me, honestly.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

Yes, it was a really cool setup with very little in the way of actual cool things happening.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It's one of my favorites...

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Dio in Part 1 was loving amazing because of how he tormented Jonathan constantly. He was also hilariously petty, like stealing erina's first kiss. He was so much fun to hate.

Kars was loving lame and had no personality whatsoever.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Dio in any form is a better villain than anything between him, and I like Wamuu and Kars. Phantom Blood's issue isn't that its characters are bad, but that it's too "generic", so to speak.

Even from what we've seen of DIO in Stardust Crusaders so far steals the show, even though it's too few and far between. If there's a scene with DIO, it's probably going to end up being the best one in the episode.
It would have been hard to increase the amount of DIO and have it make sense and retain the mystery surrounding him though, so I get why he's not in it much.

The Esidisi fight isn't very good because other than that great scene where Esidisi cries, he has no personality and his ability isn't very interesting. Joseph's entire personality in Battle Tendency is basically "hahah I have asspulled a solution to this" but interesting despite it. Unravelling his hat is just kinda boring though. He's more interesting as a brain parasite than a person.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Beef Waifu posted:

Yes, it was a really cool setup with very little in the way of actual cool things happening.

fwiw the one really cool moment is really loving cool

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS
part 3 DIO owns but we haven't really seen any of the good parts yet

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

From now on we are enemies, you and I.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

wham was the only interesting pillar man and it's purely because he was the most likely to not be a villain if the situation had been different and he actually had some real characterization

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

I really liked the second part and definitely enjoyed it more than part 3 but dude Kars was really boring outside of like two or three episodes. Mind you, he was still better than such stellar part 3 villains as ZZ or Arabia Fats.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Fungah! posted:

fwiw the one really cool moment is really loving cool

I agree, if more of the fight had stuff like that it'd have been godlike.

StalkofWheat
Oct 10, 2012
Wired Beck was the best part 2 villian. :colbert:

Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

Every time I yank a jawbone from a skull and ram it into an eyesocket, I know I'm building a better future.

I am slow on this but is Jonathan suppose to remind me of Fist of the North Star?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
He is a gentlemanly Kenshiro.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Fat_Cow posted:

I am slow on this but is Jonathan suppose to remind me of Fist of the North Star?

yeah but unlike Kenshiro, Jonathan sucks.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Taciturn Tactician posted:

I really liked the second part and definitely enjoyed it more than part 3 but dude Kars was really boring outside of like two or three episodes. Mind you, he was still better than such stellar part 3 villains as ZZ or Arabia Fats.

Arabia Fats was the most charismatic Part 3 villain shy of DIO. His personality could light up a room. :colbert:

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Cars is the only main villain in the series to genuinely care about his comrades, for what it's worth. His backstory is also somewhat sympathetic.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Cars is gorgeous and I want his hair. Also he uses his bones as blades and that's :black101:

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

Which part 3 of what series are you watching because you're clearly not watching Jojo.
A lot of part 3 is pretty dull, to be honest. Like it starts out strong but then there's a lot of lovely boring fights and it sorta drags for a while.

It gets good again for the final stretch though, which we are just about in now.

Douk Douk
Mar 17, 2009

Take your pervert war elsewhere.
There are so many posts in this thread that are along the lines of "trust me, it's just getting good guys, we're right at the good parts now, it's gonna be good"

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

vanilla ice is genuinely the start of the home stretch where absolutely nothing about it isn't great

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

MONKET posted:

There are so many posts in this thread that are along the lines of "trust me, it's just getting good guys, we're right at the good parts now, it's gonna be good"

If you can't appreciate the poo poo that's happened so far I dunno what to tell you.

• Locked thread