Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

So I'm being complained at that while NA gets the IS-2 + Cromwell B + T-34-Bark + ISU-122S for $75 USD, over on EU they only get IS-2 + Cromwell B + T-34-Bark and it costs $70 Euros, and it comes with less gold and the crews don't come with BiA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

CompeAnansi posted:

For those of you who are giving me flack for not using a rammer on every tank, my inspiration for that was this article: http://wotlabs.net/articles/rethinking-rammer/. But I can put it back on all my tanks.

RocketBrainSurgeon chose to play World of Warplanes. You cannot trust their judgment.

M.C. McMic
Nov 8, 2008

The Weight room
Is your friend
My god, Wargaming must just be laughing and rolling in money. How many people have already spent $75? (I want to buy the 4-pack)

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

I actually don't mind if WG releases premium vehicles that are identical to tech tree vehicles. With the lose of limited MM on premiums making them as strong as tech tree vehicles is perfectly fair. Get a job poors etc.

*bought all 4.

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination
If I were deciding between just getting the Cromwell B or the Rudy, which is the better T6 medium in the opinion of those who have bought the package and played both? Currently leaning Cromwell B.

CompeAnansi fucked around with this message at 17:16 on May 7, 2015

maev
Dec 6, 2010
Economically illiterate Tory Boy Bollocks brain.
Keep away from children
What's the actual reason why EU doesnt get the ISU-122

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

I thought my ideas were so clear. I wanted to make an honest post. No lies whatsoever.

thanks obamacare, i know where im spending my checks tonight!

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

CompeAnansi posted:

If I were deciding between just getting the Cromwell B or the Rudy, which is the better T6 medium in the opinion of those who have bought the package and played both? Currently leaning Cromwell B.

I'm enjoying the Rudy more, but the Cromwell won me a game on Prok where I got 3k spotting damage so get both or just get the package cause the IS-2 and ISU-122S are both good tanks.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
Yea bought all 4....on my phone....at work. No I don't have a problem. Still kinda sad I didn't jump on that crazy su76i that lasted like 6 hours on sale.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
It's bollocks that the EU server doesn't get the 122. The reason given was that we get the Cromwell as exclusive and the Russians get the 122.

But of course, NA gets both.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Gapey Joe Stalin posted:

But of course, NA gets both.

All is right in the world :patriot:

WayAbvPar
Mar 11, 2009

Ah- Smug Mode.

rex rabidorum vires posted:

Yea bought all 4....on my phone....at work. No I don't have a problem. Still kinda sad I didn't jump on that crazy su76i that lasted like 6 hours on sale.

I am trying very hard not to buy them all right now. Only hesitation is that I already have a ton of Soviet premiums heavies and TDs.

e- gently caress it. Pulled the trigger. I am weak and stupid.

WayAbvPar fucked around with this message at 18:06 on May 7, 2015

Uranium 235
Oct 12, 2004

WayAbvPar posted:

I am trying very hard not to buy them all right now. Only hesitation is that I already have a ton of Soviet premiums heavies and TDs.
Yeah I have the KV-5, Churchill III, and SU-122-44 already. I'm thinking about skipping the IS-2 and ISU-122S and just getting the Cromwell B and Rudy since it would give me a shitload of gold. That would let me buy an IS-6 which gets pref mm and is actually useful for tier 8 strongholds. I'm not sure I'd ever play the IS-2. And I rarely play my SU-122-44 because I don't particularly like playing TDs.

edit: oh no you gave in, what does this mean for me :smith:

TheFluff
Dec 13, 2006

FRIENDS, LISTEN TO ME
I AM A SEAGULL
OF WEALTH AND TASTE

CompeAnansi posted:

For those of you who are giving me flack for not using a rammer on every tank, my inspiration for that was this article: http://wotlabs.net/articles/rethinking-rammer/. But I can put it back on all my tanks.

He's not advocating vents though. Vents have an incredibly tiny bonus, they're what you put on when absolutely nothing else makes sense. GLD is also a lovely choice on the vast majority of tanks; it does basically nothing except on tanks with absolutely glacial aim times and garbage gun handling.

WayAbvPar
Mar 11, 2009

Ah- Smug Mode.

Yeah I have those 3, plus the SU100Y I got yesterday. More prems = more credits, better crews, etc. The package was too good to pass up.

e- actually I have the KV-220, not the KV-5. All of the new prems are high enough tier to count for the T-55 missions I am grinding too, so that tipped the balance for me. I don't like missing out on missions by using my T5 prems. Although they still count for the TOG kill mission.

WayAbvPar fucked around with this message at 18:17 on May 7, 2015

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

The only high tier tank I run vents on is my WZ-120 because the 5% reduces its long aim time, its long reload, and slightly reduces its bad dispersion. Even with all those things I still think about replacing it with optics everyday.

BadLlama fucked around with this message at 18:21 on May 7, 2015

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

TheFluff posted:

GLD is also a lovely choice on the vast majority of tanks; it does basically nothing except on tanks with absolutely glacial aim times and garbage gun handling.

GLD is bizarrely popular considering how trivial it is. But arguing that point tends to get very annoying very quickly so I've learned to not bother.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

BadLlama posted:

The only high tier tank I run vents on is my WZ-120 because the 5% reduces its long aim time, its long reload, and slightly reduces its bad dispersion. Even with all those things I still think about replacing it with optics everyday.

Do so, Optics is crazy overpowered and is an actually noticeable bonus.

Also Rudy is great, Cromwell B seems no worse than Cromwell A and is probably better but gently caress if I can tell since pubbies don't attempt to win.

Uranium 235
Oct 12, 2004

WayAbvPar posted:

Yeah I have those 3, plus the SU100Y I got yesterday. More prems = more credits, better crews, etc. The package was too good to pass up.

e- actually I have the KV-220, not the KV-5. All of the new prems are high enough tier to count for the T-55 missions I am grinding too, so that tipped the balance for me. I don't like missing out on missions by using my T5 prems. Although they still count for the TOG kill mission.
Oh yeah I forgot about the crews. Getting 100% and free BIA is pretty awesome.

Does the BIA skill count as skill #1, or does it work like the female crews and their sisters bonus, where the next skill levels up at the same rate as skill #1?

M.C. McMic
Nov 8, 2008

The Weight room
Is your friend
What equipment do you guys recommend on mediums (thinking specifically of the Rudy and Cromwell B, which I just purchased (along with the other two premiums))?

Obviously rammer. I was thinking rammer, coated optics and... ?

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

guidoanselmi posted:

thanks obamacare, i know where im spending my checks tonight!

wargaming.gif

I am going to restrain from buying them, it is tough but I believe in my ability to not dump more money on pixel tanks.

Uranium 235 posted:

Does the BIA skill count as skill #1, or does it work like the female crews and their sisters bonus, where the next skill levels up at the same rate as skill #1?

Same as female, minus the free 100% skill. So they start with BiA, but 0% for their actual skill.

Uranium 235
Oct 12, 2004

M.C. McMic posted:

What equipment do you guys recommend on mediums (thinking specifically of the Rudy and Cromwell B, which I just purchased (along with the other two premiums))?

My go-to for mediums is rammer, optics, and vert stab if it's an option. If it's not, I guess vents?

TheFluff
Dec 13, 2006

FRIENDS, LISTEN TO ME
I AM A SEAGULL
OF WEALTH AND TASTE

M.C. McMic posted:

If you can fit a rammer, fit a rammer. If you can fit a vstab, fit a vstab. Those two are mandatory for everything that can fit them. Then after that it goes optics or binocs (binocs only for tanks with kinda lovely view range that sit still a lot, such as a lot of TD's for example; don't bother with optics for tanks with less than ~330 view range), camo net (again for things that sit still a lot and have decent base camo), vents, and then special snowflake things like GLD, toolbox, wet ammo rack and SHSL.

Most higher tier mediums will run rammer/vstab/optics. Lower tier mediums can run rammer/optics/vents or rammer/vents/wildcard (toolbox?).

TheFluff fucked around with this message at 18:52 on May 7, 2015

Uranium 235
Oct 12, 2004

Mesadoram posted:

Same as female, minus the free 100% skill. So they start with BiA, but 0% for their actual skill.
hnnggghhh :gifttank: :gizz:

M.C. McMic
Nov 8, 2008

The Weight room
Is your friend
neither Rudy nor Cromwell B can run vert stabs so I guess it's rammer, coated optics and vents!

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
Hey, you guys ever feel like some tanks turn way faster than their listed track traverse rate says?

Because apparently they do: http://forum.wotlabs.net/index.php?/topic/17133-the-actual-traverse-value-of-tanks-vs-listed-value/

In summary, a tank's actual turning rate is greatly affected - and hold on to your brain because this is :WG: as gently caress - the difference between the horsepower of their stock and top engines. :psyduck:

So no wonder the Luchs is so preposterously agile, since its top engine is like 2,5 times as powerful as the stock one.

Nordick fucked around with this message at 18:46 on May 7, 2015

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

M.C. McMic posted:

neither Rudy nor Cromwell B can run vert stabs so I guess it's rammer, coated optics and vents!

Personally rammer optics and gld are my goto if it can't mount a vert stab

Uranium 235
Oct 12, 2004

Nordick posted:

Hey, you guys ever feel like some tanks turn way faster than their listed track traverse rate says?

Because apparently they do: http://forum.wotlabs.net/index.php?/topic/17133-the-actual-traverse-value-of-tanks-vs-listed-value/

In summary, a tank's actual turning rate is greatly affected - and hold on to your brain because this is :WG: as gently caress - the difference between the horsepower of their stock and top engines. :psyduck:

So no wonder the Luchs is so preposterously agile, since its top engine is like 2,5 times as powerful as the stock one.
It sorta makes sense, because hull traverse speed is dependent on horsepower. They list the traverse speed of the suspension based on the stock engine, which is reasonable since you could put on the top suspension while using the stock engine. What doesn't make sense is why WG would not make it possible to see the difference that the engines make in traverse speed more transparent. For some reason they love to hide or obfuscate important information like that. Why don't they list terrain passability? Who knows

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Uranium 235 posted:

Why don't they list terrain passability? Who knows

Because that makes too much sense.

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT
I am tempted to buy the Rudy for strongholds, even if it's sold as part of a package that I don't need. Please tell me I am a stupid oval office that don't need that PoS.

primelaw
Apr 4, 2012

The most southern dandy robot judge

Rincewinds posted:

I am tempted to buy the Rudy for strongholds, even if it's sold as part of a package that I don't need. Please tell me I am a stupid oval office that don't need that PoS.

The Rudy owns all of the bones. Easily my fav out of the four so far

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

primelaw posted:

That's a happy dog then.

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT

primelaw posted:

If we were friends, you would be a bad friend. I am trying to cut down. :shepicide:

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Rincewinds posted:

BARK BARK :staredog:

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

Uranium 235 posted:

It sorta makes sense, because hull traverse speed is dependent on horsepower. They list the traverse speed of the suspension based on the stock engine, which is reasonable since you could put on the top suspension while using the stock engine. What doesn't make sense is why WG would not make it possible to see the difference that the engines make in traverse speed more transparent. For some reason they love to hide or obfuscate important information like that. Why don't they list terrain passability? Who knows

Yeah because as it stands now, it goes like this:

We have tank A and tank B. Tank A has a weaker stock engine but their top engines and all other stats (on paper) are 100% identical.
As a result, when both are fully upgraded, tank A turns faster than tank B despite their identical paper stats, because tank A has a bigger difference between the stock and top engines.

I mean yeah it does kinda make sense if you just accept that the listed traverse rate is for the stock engine and won't dynamically show the actual, but uggghhh.
Hell, we already have the garage showing our actual fire rate after adjustments in garage, although admittedly I can't even remember if that's a vanilla feature or a mod one.

Why they just don't make the stats panel in the garage fully dynamic I'll never understand.

Nordick fucked around with this message at 19:36 on May 7, 2015

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
im pretty sure all the engine stats that get shown are just cosmetic. the way the engines actually work is all done under the hood.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Nordick posted:

Well this explains how TD's with lovely traverse still manage to turn loving fast I guess.

VV I wish my paypal account would flag WoT poo poo as fraud for me since I can't control my spending.

BadLlama fucked around with this message at 19:32 on May 7, 2015

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

I thought my ideas were so clear. I wanted to make an honest post. No lies whatsoever.

Huh.

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

You won at tanks. Now go outside.

Also, whoever says the Excelsior is bad needs to have a tractor go over his head for the rest of the day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

NTRabbit posted:

BARK BARK :staredog:
:staredog: "Arty sees us. FuckFuckFuckFuckFuckFuck"