Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FluffieDuckie

Piso Mojado posted:

As much as i would freaking love it - I'm not sure if Piso Mojado is the best name for an animal who is looking to get adopted

well we could call him mojo for short

Thank you for the beautiful sig Machai!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Piso Mojado

name mine "buster" if it's not too late!

edit: mojo is better

FluffieDuckie

ok dct is bwee and piso mojado is buster. got it

it's not too late if anyone wants to get on the name the animal train. just toss some money at the rescue and we'll pick you a real nice one

FluffieDuckie

ok dct is bwee and piso mojado is mojo. got it :negative:

alnilam

I love animals so much so i am really happy have one named after me

joke_explainer

That's a shame. I was really looking forward to DC Truther the dog. A hard-hitting, facts-checking Schnauzer untainted by corporate influence, he'd get to the bottoms of the most corrupt dogs in Washington.

landy.
I'll stick with landy.

Yobgoblin

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

FluffieDuckie posted:

ok here's the :siren: announcement :siren: part

as a thank you for our efforts the director of tailchasers would like to name an animal after each of our donators. since some of you prefer to remain anonymous you will not be getting your personal animal.

this is the list that i have. if there is a parens by your name that's the suggested nickname i was going to give her since lets face it, some of your user names aren't exactly animal friendly. if you're not on the list or you want to change your nickname (or if you are opposed to an orphan being named after for religious reasons) please speak up now

michael jackson
lumpy
cumt (treasure)
joke explainer (secdro)
dogcrash truther (dc truther)
piso mojado
alnilam
guisseppe pizzapie
landy
bacalou
yobgoblin

total donation amount announcement is pending for Reasons

my plan is to put the pictures of the animals with their names into this thread unless someone objects

This is really cool! I would love to see a pup with "Yobgob" on it's nametag. :coolspot:

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

bacalou

animal byob 8.2: awoof woof rrrrwooof

23 animals browsing

pig slut lisa

irl is good

thatks for naming one of the animals lisa. you really don't have to, but it's very kind all the same. appreciate the thought.

Gone Fashing

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN
this thread is cool

Diqnol

I think taking the "pizzapie" part off might be prudent - Giuseppe is an excellent cat name! I hope that distinct and personable name helps the little guy find a home :)

FluffieDuckie

:siren: announcement :siren:

our donation total is official. an anonymous donator slid in at the last minute and topped us off so our total is an even $1000.

you guys are the greatest and that money is going to help a lot of animals :love:

the final list i'm sending them for animal names is as follows:

Michael Jackson
Lumpy
Treasure
Secdro
Bwee
Mojo
Alnilam
Guisseppe
Orlando
Bacalou
Yobgoblin

any last stragglers feel free to donate anytime. she can always use the help

thank you guys. i love you all :love:

City of Glompton

^^^that is very awesome!

im donating tomorrow.... :)

City of Glompton fucked around with this message at 15:19 on May 7, 2015

FluffieDuckie

City of Glompton posted:

^^^that is very awesome!

im donating tomorrow.... :)

glompton would be an adorable pet name :3

let me know when you do it so i can send her the name

Swizzbutt

haha I love that one of them is named yobgoblin

Bwee

dogcrash truther posted:

:holy: that's really cool and lol at animals named "lumpy" and "guisseppe pizzapie." and "michael jackson." please nam e my animal "bwee," after my good friend "bwee." i think bwee is a gooder name for an animal

thanks fren

Bwee
fluffieduckie what did you tell the shelter exactly... "these guys from the internet are donating money"?

FluffieDuckie

Bwee posted:

fluffieduckie what did you tell the shelter exactly... "these guys from the internet are donating money"?

i told her pretty much the truth. i told her about the quilt and about probations and how we were running a fundraiser based on the number of probations for the month.

i'm not ashamed of you guys and how weird we are

Bwee
did you have to explain wha t a probation was

FluffieDuckie

Bwee posted:

did you have to explain wha t a probation was

yep

i am he

lol

alnilam

lol i wish a recording or a transcript existed of that conversation

FluffieDuckie

hey when you come to someone and say we want to give you money they really have to nod and agree with all the other crap you spew after that

pig slut lisa

irl is good

did you play rznv for them

pig slut lisa

irl is good

i'm going to call the shelter.

"hello? who's there?"

silence at first, then a shaking of maracas.

steel drums enter.

"hurf de durf, it's byob time"

FluffieDuckie

pig slut lisa posted:

did you play rznv for them

look i was glossing over the nature of this forum. she was on a need to know basis and rznv wasn't on the list

bog pixie

landy.

FluffieDuckie posted:

she was on a need to know basis and rznv wasn't on the list

i disagree.

pig slut lisa

irl is good

what about the byov ragtime

pig slut lisa

irl is good

animals love ragtime

dogcrash truther

FluffieDuckie posted:

:siren: announcement :siren:

our donation total is official. an anonymous donator slid in at the last minute and topped us off so our total is an even $1000.

you guys are the greatest and that money is going to help a lot of animals :love:

the final list i'm sending them for animal names is as follows:

Michael Jackson
Lumpy
Treasure
Secdro
Bwee
Mojo
Alnilam
Guisseppe
Orlando
Bacalou
Yobgoblin

any last stragglers feel free to donate anytime. she can always use the help

thank you guys. i love you all :love:

I'm going to become a homeless animal to get my paws on that sweet 1K.

That's amazing and I am glad things worked out so well.

joke_explainer

He rolls in in a huge mascot dog costume and hands them a prescription that says, "This dog has a rare disease needs to be fed $1000 to survive, sincerely, a veterinarian"

tao of lmao

secdro how many bags of puppy chow can a thousand dollars buy?

joke_explainer

MinorLeagueAllstar posted:

secdro how many bags of puppy chow can a thousand dollars buy?

Eh, assuming we're talking about medium sized dogs and they get a good bulk rate for (high quality) food, about 2,263 days of chow for a single dog.

tao of lmao

that's rad. It's one thing to see a dollar amount, it's another to put it into practical values as to how far money like this can go. very happy for all involved. thank you duckie, dct, atcg, and everyone who donated. great stuff.

alnilam

duckie gave the impression that most of the money goes to vet bills which is also v important

ty manifisto

FluffieDuckie

vet bills are our biggest expense. we get food donated a lot. but finding vets to give low cost care is difficult, and even with discounts it's still very expensive

tao of lmao

Oh yeah, for sure. I wasn't assuming where the money was going, just using pet food as an example because it's a more fixed cost.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Piso Mojado

I can't wait to see lil mojo. I'm so excited!

• Locked thread