Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Piso Mojado

if your looking for a way to say thanks to a poster in the forums for something they may have done, well then here is a cool idea:

There is a site - http://awos.petfinder.com/shelters/ca1392.html
and on this site, you can donate to the Tailchaser Rescue and help support animal shelters.

there is even an option to take a few cents out of each amazon purchase, if you want to contribute that way.

and check out their pet of the month (Almond) while you are there.

so you know, if there is a poster that you wanna do something nice for, whoever it may be, they would probably appreciate this a lot.

Somebody fucked around with this message at 21:47 on Jun 4, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dogcrash truther
This is admin approved, by the way.

Piso Mojado

woah!

Check out "Scruff Muff", one of the dogs up for adoption! This guy is very byob.
https://www.petfinder.com/petdetail/31097167/

joke_explainer

Piso Mojado posted:

woah!

Check out "Scruff Muff", one of the dogs up for adoption! This guy is very byob.

lol, I love his little flower pot hat.

I'm going to get fluffie some new dogs to thank her for her quilt!

social vegan

Piso Mojado posted:

woah!

this dog owns hell ya move up to canada w me little buddy

alnilam

There a certain poster I'd like to thank
By giving money from my bank
To help some critters that i love
And she does too - she goes above
The call of duty to help them!
(I said dooty) well, she's a gem.
So here's to all our favorite duck!
Donate some cash, who gives a cluck?!

dogcrash truther
I'm a big believer in not telling people about the charitable contributions I make, but sometimes there's a pretty good reason to do it, like when you're encouraging other people to consider what they can do to help as well. Still, it makes me uncomfortable so I've been sitting here trying to figure out a good way to do it. Then I started considering Fluffieduckie and the time and effort she's putting into a quilt for this bunch of ruffians and scraggly strays: from the fabric of our weirdness and imperfections she's creating a patchwork of love. I was just going to donate some money to Tailchaser Rescue, but I figure, if I can take our gently caress-ups and turn them into something cool, that would be a nice way of showing Fluffs some appreciation. So:

:toxx: I will donate a perfect 10 cents to Tailchaser for every BYOB probation in the month of April* :toxx:

I know what you're thinking, 10 cents is nothing, but just for context, by my count there have been 34 probations in the last 2 days. If that pace keeps up, that's around 50 bucks by the end of the month. If you get probated, just know that in your own small way, you've done something to make the world a better place for a needy animal.

And I encourage anyone else who wants to to join me in this toxx. What are you scared of? It's just 10 cents a pop. Let's turn kitty jail into kitty paradise!

*I reserve the right to disqualify probations made by the IKs for the obvious purpose of increasing the amount I have to pay. But if people want to find ways, especially creative ones, to get Bwee or Bwatts to probate them to increase the total, that's fine and good :)

landy.

dogcrash truther posted:

I'm a big believer in not telling people about the charitable contributions I make, but sometimes there's a pretty good reason to do it, like when you're encouraging other people to consider what they can do to help as well. Still, it makes me uncomfortable so I've been sitting here trying to figure out a good way to do it. Then I started considering Fluffieduckie and the time and effort she's putting into a quilt for this bunch of ruffians and scraggly strays: from the fabric of our weirdness and imperfections she's creating a patchwork of love. I was just going to donate some money to Tailchaser Rescue, but I figure, if I can take our gently caress-ups and turn them into something cool, that would be a nice way of showing Fluffs some appreciation. So:

:toxx: I will donate a perfect 10 cents to Tailchaser for every BYOB probation in the month of April* :toxx:

I know what you're thinking, 10 cents is nothing, but just for context, by my count there have been 34 probations in the last 2 days. If that pace keeps up, that's around 50 bucks by the end of the month. If you get probated, just know that in your own small way, you've done something to make the world a better place for a needy animal.

And I encourage anyone else who wants to to join me in this toxx. What are you scared of? It's just 10 cents a pop. Let's turn kitty jail into kitty paradise!

*I reserve the right to disqualify probations made by the IKs for the obvious purpose of increasing the amount I have to pay. But if people want to find ways, especially creative ones, to get Bwee or Bwatts to probate them to increase the total, that's fine and good :)

I will go ahead and join you in the :toxx:

dogcrash truther

landy. posted:

I will go ahead and join you in the :toxx:

:hellyeah: brother!

FluffieDuckie

:cry:

Thank you for the beautiful sig Machai!

FluffieDuckie

this is the rescue that i volunteer for. it's a tiny rescue that saves hundreds of animals from small rural shelters every year. their main limiting factor is money. many of the animals they rescue have medical issues that would cause the shelter to euthanize rather than spend the money on vet bills. the more money tailchaser has for vet bills the more animals they can save

and you guys make me cry irl :love:

verily carefree

Im going to donate anonymously

dogcrash truther

it ok posted:

Im going to donate anonymously

thats a good way to donate too

dogcrash truther
I think we're up to 40 probations this month, for an even 4 bucks. I expect at least 10-20 more today. Get crackin' people!

ulvir

I'm gonna start throwing out unbolded movie titles left and right, to help contribute to a good cause

alnilam

dogcrash truther posted:

I join you

e: :toxx:

alnilam fucked around with this message at 15:26 on Apr 3, 2015

dogcrash truther

ulvir posted:

I'm gonna start throwing out unbolded movie titles left and right, to help contribute to a good cause

this is the kind of big picture thinking we need

dogcrash truther

alnilam posted:

I join you

:wooper: :wotwot: :jiggled:

Big Mackson
i donated 20$ even though i only have 5$ for food now. I am fat and need to go down in weight anyway.

i cant refuse to help them :3:

Piso Mojado

:toxx: I'm in, for real.

thanks dct for the great challenge, wd40 for the shelter info/thread idea, and of course fluffie! you all make my heart smile.

joke_explainer

:toxx: I'm absolutely in, DCT. Great idea.

tao of lmao

I'll donate a dollar as thanks.

I'll donate a hundred dollars if you make me mod of this forum.

dogcrash truther

Piso Mojado posted:

:toxx: I'm in, for real.

thanks dct for the great challenge, wd40 for the shelter info/thread idea, and of course fluffie! you all make my heart smile.

:hfive:

dogcrash truther

joke_explainer posted:

:toxx: I'm absolutely in, DCT. Great idea.

:henget:

Gone Fashing

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN
cool as hell idea

dogcrash truther
..can anyone think of a good way to keep track of how many probations there are? Going through and counting them up every time is...tedious, and I am not detail-oriented. Looks to me like we had 5 more between ~8am-9am today, so with 5 of us doing this right now, that's another $2.50 raised in a single hour. Again, that may not seem like much, but think how many hours there are in a month :D

alnilam

someone could write a python script to parse the leper's colony for bwee or bwatt or dct's name, i can't but that's a thing i think

for some reason i'm looking at you security drone

ty manifisto

alnilam

it's actually seomething i want to teach myself someday but not now as i have too much Science to do as it is

ty manifisto

alnilam

lmao i thought adding ?forumid=268 might narrow it down to byob probes only, but it just adds the byob stylesheet :iia:
http://forums.somethingawful.com/banlist.php?forumid=268

e: ahaha it works with SAclopedia and PMs and the control panel too

ty manifisto

dogcrash truther

alnilam posted:

lmao i thought adding ?forumid=268 might narrow it down to byob probes only, but it just adds the byob stylesheet :iia:
http://forums.somethingawful.com/banlist.php?forumid=268

haha that owns

Bwee

dogcrash truther posted:

..can anyone think of a good way to keep track of how many probations there are? Going through and counting them up every time is...tedious, and I am not detail-oriented. Looks to me like we had 5 more between ~8am-9am today, so with 5 of us doing this right now, that's another $2.50 raised in a single hour. Again, that may not seem like much, but think how many hours there are in a month :D

There's about three fifty

dogcrash truther
it's cool you can do it with fyad and imp zone and stuff too

joke_explainer

I'll write something give me a minute. Do we want it to count all probations site-wide, or just ones by DCT / Bwee / bwatts?

dogcrash truther

joke_explainer posted:

I'll write something give me a minute. Do we want it to count all probations site-wide, or just ones by DCT / Bwee / bwatts?

just the ones by me, bwee, and bwatts

lumpycnt

thanks to fluffieduckie for helping those who deserve it the most yet are given the least. 25$ to your shelter, i'm sure you guys can spend it better than i can.

FluffieDuckie

just dropping in to say i love you guys and i'm traveling this weekend so when i'm phone posting i might accidentally forget to bold movie titles or something. might as well dirty up my rap sheet for a good cause

treasure bear

lumpycnt

and now my bank statement says i spent 25$ on 'TAILCHASERR'

Piso Mojado

lumpycnt posted:

and now my bank statement says i spent 25$ on 'TAILCHASERR'

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Highly Unnecessary

ghostbusters 2