Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

AndroidHub posted:

Any news on when the first content update might be hitting? I sort of burned myself out on the beta and haven't had it in me to just keep doing the same stuff with all my perks reset.

(I am aware it is only 2 weeks into early access.)

we should get some news later this week

http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=107954

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daily Forecast
Dec 25, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Fullhouse posted:

I just want Icebreaker

Oh poo poo, I completely forgot about that map. Which is weird because it was probably my favorite.

Yes. This is what I want.

Slybo
Mar 6, 2005

Are older UE map files compatible with the newer engine map editors?
They should release all the old UnrealEd map files as open source and let people update & re-build them for KF2.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Psion posted:

What difficulty do you tend to play on? because uh, high difficulty scrakes will hit you regardless. And FPs will definitely hit you by virtue of absorbing 72,000 shotgun pellets before dying. I mean yeah, three supports will wreck a scrake really, really fast but sometimes you gotta take them on yourself, you have two of them, two pounds, Hans ... med grenades are great no matter what.

Also, if you have three suppliers you shouldn't care if anyone, medic or not, takes an ammo box because you all have at least two people to reload from anyway.

Sorry, was away for a few days there.

Mainly hard, but we've moved up to suicidal and its still working well. Still can't beat hans though, but I blame my lack of carrying. In the last 10 or so pub games, i have needed to deal with scrakes alone, this is true. However, when i'm with my group, we haven't had to deal with a scrake alone for the last 2 weeks or so, we just clear the trash and relocate. Even the pounds go down pretty quick because our commando will usually headshot a million zeds and trigger zed time and we'll all open up on the FP's head. Our zerk will just get in the way of the other one, so healing darts are all that are needed for him.

On suicidal, supplier on three supports still doesn't quite get us all the way because of how fast the Zeds move, we haven't adapted yet (we keep falling for that frontal roll). I'm not saying the medic grenade isn't good. It is good, its great for blocking off a door or letting the medic throw one at the front line and concentrating on thinning the herd. I'm saying that we are never finding ourselves in a situation where we absolutely need another medic nade past the 8 or so the guy can throw in one wave already. I can say that we usually end up needing more aa-12 ammo to deal with things safely and quickly, as while the hunting shottie is good, when you get rushed on suicidal you need to fire quite a bit faster than it lets you.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Man, this game is fun EXCEPT when I have enough time to make dinner as the last guy pelts the boss and runs. They need to scale HP as people die.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

Slybo posted:

Are older UE map files compatible with the newer engine map editors?
They should release all the old UnrealEd map files as open source and let people update & re-build them for KF2.

Edit: Well I guess I'm just a big dumb fibber. They even put out a guide here http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=108146

This will import the raw geometry (BSP) but not textures or assets so...eh, you'd have to recreate 90% of the map anyway.

Propaganda Hour fucked around with this message at 02:38 on May 7, 2015

Fina
Feb 27, 2006

Shazbot!
There was a post on the Tripwire forums with a tutorial on how to import brushes from a KF1 map into a KF2 map and then scale them up to the proper scale. It just results in untextured brushes without any entities so you'll pretty much be starting scratch but at least you'd have the backbone of your map.

I've played around with the KF2 editor a bit and it works a bit different than the editors I've used in the past. I'd like to learn Unreal Engine though so this seems like as good a place as any. KF2's official maps don't seem to use any BSP brushes at all, everything is made of static meshes. They're not all very modular either, some rooms are made out of massive purpose-built meshes. It seems like you'll be really limited in how well you can make a map if you don't also know Maya or some other 3d software.

MadBimber
Dec 31, 2006
Do you think...love can bloom even on a battlefield?

Click for big

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005
I think Stalkers are my favorite enemy in the game. Not because of their skills or looks, but because of how loving fun is to make them go flying when you kill them with a shotgun while they're in the air, how easy it is kill them so hard you can see their guts and spine, the silly poses their ragdolls can make, and how satisfying it is to bitch-slap them with the Pulverizer.

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

:siren:This poster loves police brutality, but only when its against minorities!:siren:

Put this loser on ignore immediately!
I've been playing pretty much only support because the shotguns interact so well with MEAT. You can crack open clots and stalkers all day long but nothing beats a pointblank kill shot on a charging gorefast that splits their torso in half. Or crawlers jumping at you. Pull!

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit
The worst is when you go on a string of missed shots as support on HOE because the gorefasts and stalkers do so much ducking and dodging. Eats up a lot of precious ammo.

MadBimber
Dec 31, 2006
Tripwire, please pay your animators more money, and listen to whoever decided to animate your guns at a ridiculous frame rate. I keep trying to play other shooters, and they just don't compare. Nothing is nearly as smooth as KF2. You've spoiled us forever!

brocretin
Nov 15, 2012

yo yo yo i loves virgins

MadBimber posted:

Tripwire, please pay your animators more money, and listen to whoever decided to animate your guns at a ridiculous frame rate. I keep trying to play other shooters, and they just don't compare. Nothing is nearly as smooth as KF2. You've spoiled us forever!

:agreed:

KF2 is probably the best-animated FPS I've ever seen.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

MadBimber posted:

The way they explained in deep detail how the gun animations work and were made while displaying said gun animations in 60 fps in the dev dairy gave the impression that they intended the gun animations to be almost sensual.

Ledgy
Aug 1, 2013

Up against the wall
Can't wait for a SAA then because it will be the lewdest poo poo ever

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

Ledgy posted:

There's nothing like the feeling of slamming a long silver bullet into a well greased chamber.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Theta Zero posted:

There's nothing like the feeling of slamming a long silver bullet into a well greased chamber.

please find a way to outright steal Ocelot's dialogue and mannerisms while remaining 100% legal, thank you tripwire

Mushball
May 23, 2012
The gunslinger class should play lines about enjoying the reload as there's no greater exhilaration than reloading the SAA during zed time.

MadBimber
Dec 31, 2006
Bullets ricochet during Zed Time for the gunslinger, so you can make the bullets go where you want them.

QwertySanchez
Jun 19, 2009

a wacky guy
Highest level gun slinger perk: bullets follow crosshair in zed time.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

Ledgy posted:

Or a Schofield. What with it being top break and all, just pop it open in zed time and empties go flying all over the drat place.

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005
I was disappointed they never put in a Webley revolver in KF1. It's top break like the Schofield, cool, and British.

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit
Just lost Paris with 78 zeds left on wave 7/7 HOE. Double fleshpounds at start used all my aa12 ammo, then a commando stood in a window blocking my escape towards the end when we got another double fp. The rest of the team fell like dominoes after that.

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

Ramsus posted:

Just lost Paris with 78 zeds left on wave 7/7 HOE. Double fleshpounds at start used all my aa12 ammo, then a commando stood in a window blocking my escape towards the end when we got another double fp. The rest of the team fell like dominoes after that.

I don't think you understand; killing stray Clots and Crawlers from far away in a window is far more important than killing Fleshpounds.

closeted republican fucked around with this message at 10:59 on May 7, 2015

Badly Jester
Apr 9, 2010

Bitches!

closeted republican posted:

I was disappointed they never put in a Webley revolver in KF1. It's top break like the Schofield, cool, and British .

This gave me pause. On my first day in the UK, I gave several bystanders an aneurysm by getting on the bus while they were arguing over who's letting who go first. If my blitzkrieg vacation there is any indication, the majority of people would just gasp (almost imperceptibly) and try to avoid eye contact if zeds really invaded the UK, because these buggers are just rude.

Badly Jester fucked around with this message at 11:16 on May 7, 2015

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

I was disappointed they never put in a Webley revolver in KF1. It's top break like the Schofield, cool, and British.
I'm holding out hope that with the Gunslinger class, we'll get a Webley. Plus, gunslinger seems like a perfect class for rapid reload skill + new animations for it.

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

:siren:This poster loves police brutality, but only when its against minorities!:siren:

Put this loser on ignore immediately!

Badly Jester posted:

This gave me pause. On my first day in the UK, I gave several bystanders an aneurysm by getting on the bus while they were arguing over who's letting who go first. If my blitzkrieg vacation there is any indication, the majority of people would just gasp (almost imperceptibly) and try to avoid eye contact if zeds really invaded the UK, because these buggers are just rude.

He said cool and British. British is just an adjective that modifies the cool. :colbert:

QwertySanchez posted:

Highest level gun slinger perk: bullets follow crosshair in zed time.

Have you heard the news / bad things come in twos / but no one ever told me about the little things.

fake e: I do spam the double barrel on medium waves because it does such wacky poo poo with MEAT. Best gun for that imho.

Martout
Aug 8, 2007

None so deprived

Libertine posted:

Can anyone give me some tips on what to do as a Berzerker against Hans? It's my most played class, and I feel like I can handle just about anything on the waves. People compliment me regularly for my handling of Scrakes and Pounds.

Yet on Hans I feel like aside from getting some long range damage with whatever additional weapon I buy, shooting the healing pistol on grab phase, and trying to lay out 8-12 solid parries over the course of the fight when he does his clawing frenzy attack thing, I don't really do much. I usually roll Pulverizer and either Nailgun or an off-spec ranged weapon like a Flamethrower. I feel like I must absolutely be below other players on the damage spectrum, and I don't feel like I can actually tank him for any considerable amount of time I have to just parry him in small bursts and run away immediately (usually mistiming even one of these parlays gets me killed).

Anyone have a different game plan for Zerker on boss that works well for them? Let me know I'd really appreciate it.

I roll about 50/50 Pulv+Nailgun / Evisc for Hans fights depending on the team - if we've been doing well and people appear to know what they should be doing I go Evisc because it really does a lot of damage. When using the Pulverizer I usually make sure to have Hans between me and the rest of the team and when I know for sure he's not gunning for me I run in and swing away. When he turns to melee me I dance out and around, similar to my Scrake routine, keeping swinging and as soon as I need to reload I break LoS and chill for a bit. Break LoS OFTEN and plan your running so you have an option if he decides to grenade your next cover. I loving love playing zerker :allears:

Whittle
Sep 18, 2011

Is anybody else particularly terrible using the berserker on suicidal?

I just get messed up when I get in close.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer
Holy poo poo, the KF1 Biotics Lab remake is insane. Especially when all the lights get destroyed.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Whittle posted:

Is anybody else particularly terrible using the berserker on suicidal?

I just get messed up when I get in close.

Zerker gets torn up in sui/HoE due to his lack of damage resistances, unless you got a level 20+ medic firmly wedged up your rear end and people keeping poo poo off you, you ain't surviving long.

Whittle
Sep 18, 2011

Alteisen posted:

Zerker gets torn up in sui/HoE due to his lack of damage resistances, unless you got a level 20+ medic firmly wedged up your rear end and people keeping poo poo off you, you ain't surviving long.

One was definitely up there at some point, but alas I fear he got dislodged.

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE
someone please repost that fanart of hans looking like the robonazi from JoJo i can't find it

thanks in advance

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

RottenK posted:

someone please repost that fanart of hans looking like the robonazi from JoJo i can't find it

thanks in advance

This sounds amazing

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

RottenK posted:

thanks in advance

You are in luck! Check the OP.

EDIT: Devs, give Hans a small chance to JoJo pose if he wipes the party. TIA.

Section Z fucked around with this message at 00:27 on May 8, 2015

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Oh my that's pretty special. Hadn't seen that before, thanks.

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE

Section Z posted:

You are in luck! Check the OP.

awesome

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

Ravenfood posted:

I'm holding out hope that with the Gunslinger class, we'll get a Webley. Plus, gunslinger seems like a perfect class for rapid reload skill + new animations for it.

What if the Webley could have an accessory?

Parry with the bayonet, blast with the gat :ocelot:

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

DeusExMachinima posted:

I've been playing pretty much only support because the shotguns interact so well with MEAT. You can crack open clots and stalkers all day long but nothing beats a pointblank kill shot on a charging gorefast that splits their torso in half. Or crawlers jumping at you. Pull!

Shotguns are by far my favorite wepaons in the game so far. They're powerful and very fun to use. It's like the gore and ragdoll systems were built around shotguns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Shotguns are by far my favorite wepaons in the game so far. They're powerful and very fun to use. It's like the gore and ragdoll systems were built around shotguns.

The sooner we get grenade launchers the better