Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Wonder if the offer is also for the 3DS version. It'd be weird if they just forgot it existed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

jivjov posted:

Any word on future availability of said costumes? Or does gamestop take preorders for eShop codes? I plan to have splatoon digitally.

I'm wondering the exact same thing.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

CuddlyZombie posted:

I'm wondering the exact same thing.

Considering they made Mewtwo purchasable, as well as all the retailer specific pre-order DLC for Hyrule Warriors available to buy at a later date, I'd say it's a good possibility you could eventually just buy them on the eShop.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Hoping this doesn't prevent the inklings from becoming actual fighters in the game. The costume is nice but I still want the real deal.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

SilverSupernova posted:

Hoping this doesn't prevent the inklings from becoming actual fighters in the game. The costume is nice but I still want the real deal.

Not gonna happen, pal.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

net cafe scandal posted:

Not gonna happen, pal.

it will, actually. i'm going to buy the inkling smash bros amiibo

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

I think Splatoon needs to spend some time being out, and available as a thing you can buy and play, before the Inklings get in as a fighter.

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

SilverSupernova posted:

Nintendo's gotta save SOMETHING for Super Smash Bros 5.

I mean, besides Wonder Red

Zonekeeper
Oct 27, 2007

Supercar Gautier posted:

I think Splatoon needs to spend some time being out, and available as a thing you can buy and play, before the Inklings get in as a fighter.

Roy was originally a preview character - he was in Melee before his own game was released.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

It's not illegal or unprecedented to put Inklings in this early, just premature. And Roy sucks.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Viewtiful Jew posted:

Considering they made Mewtwo purchasable, as well as all the retailer specific pre-order DLC for Hyrule Warriors available to buy at a later date, I'd say it's a good possibility you could eventually just buy them on the eShop.

I figured as much...but it's nice to have confirmation.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

the poll doesnt end until october and by then the game will have been out for several months so i dont see the problem

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

more like stinkling

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Inklings will get in but they'll only have the tilt attacks, the rest of the attacks will come in the following months.

zolthorg
May 26, 2009

SilverSupernova posted:

Yeah just like uh, Reyn, and Protoman, and ... dude.

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

zolthorg posted:

and ... dude.

Bad Dudes for Smash.

For Final Smash the president treats everyone to a burger.

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Inklings will get in but they'll only have the tilt attacks, the rest of the attacks will come in the following months.

jajajajajajjaja

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Rich Uncle Chet posted:

Bad Dudes for Smash.

For Final Smash the president treats everyone to a burger.

Will it be President Ronnie, or will he be replaced with a President Barry.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I would buy a Groose mii fighter outfit./

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.
My friend made a tier list on how silly characters are.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Finally Wii fit trainer is mid tier

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Theta Zero posted:

Pit and Dark Pit not being in Cornballs is some heinous poo poo

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

TheKingofSprings posted:

Pit and Dark Pit not being in Cornballs is some heinous poo poo

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Palutena and toon link should be cornballs too imo

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

What the gently caress is Palutena doing being in 'not goofy'. Your friend has poor taste in goofiness.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
I think it's fair to rank them based on their appearances as fighters in Smash Brothers, and not take into account their characterizations in other games.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Theta Zero posted:

I agree with most of this except DK should be way higher.

SyntheticPolygon posted:

What the gently caress is Palutena doing being in 'not goofy'. Your friend has poor taste in goofiness.

If all you know about a character is surface level stuff presented as they fight in smash, then yeah, it's not hard to say palutena is not goofy.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Look at these motherfuckers who haven't played Uprising and think it's some sort of serious final fantasy poo poo

Like the game isn't 90% lovely puns and mocking dark pit's name

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

If i were to make a list, even knowing everything in Kid Icarus Uprising, Dark Pit would still be in his own tier on the bottom.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Dark Pit owns but it's mostly just his theme song

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
pittoo is my friend

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

To be honest everyone is pretty goofy except for like Samus and Mewtwo.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Reiley posted:

To be honest everyone is pretty goofy except for like Samus and Mewtwo.

Is Ike goofy?

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Ike fights for his friends.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Lemming posted:

I think it's fair to rank them based on their appearances as fighters in Smash Brothers, and not take into account their characterizations in other games.

You mean the appearances that gave them the codec calls in which they are very, very much not serious?

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

mabels big day posted:

If all you know about a character is surface level stuff presented as they fight in smash, then yeah, it's not hard to say palutena is not goofy.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

We're comparing this to stuff like king dedede and wario. I don't even see anything inherently goofy in pit's idle animation. Palutena is still a serious looking anime character just by looking at her.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

mabels big day posted:

Palutena is still a serious looking anime character just by looking at her.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Thats not in smash.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Palutena gleefully announces three variations of names for all of her moves, which imo according to this goofometer in my hands is "pretty goofy"

• Locked thread