Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Slybo
Mar 6, 2005

The sooner I get my KSG Shotgun back the better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

It's a shame that the gun animations are so good because my sledgehammer doesn't get the benefit.

Oh wait... :)

Did they confirm 100% that they will wipe at release? I don't mind starting over but I'd like to know.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Inzombiac posted:

It's a shame that the gun animations are so good because my sledgehammer doesn't get the benefit.

Oh wait... :)

Did they confirm 100% that they will wipe at release? I don't mind starting over but I'd like to know.

I'm pretty sure it's confirmed, or all but confirmed for release. Wipes during the progress of EA itself are at least mentioned in the EA store page blurb.

KF2 EA blurb in Bold posted:

"And a warning: it is almost certain that we will wipe all statistics, including Perk leveling and Achievements one or more times during Early Access!”

Slybo
Mar 6, 2005

Slybo posted:

The sooner I get my KSG Shotgun back the better.
Or gently caress the KSG.
Give KF2 a 15 round UTS instead. But one that actually works and isn't terrible.

UTS on top. KSG on the bottom.

Slybo fucked around with this message at 21:49 on May 8, 2015

Metrohunter
Sep 30, 2009

Ain't no thing like me, 'cept me.
personally I am eagerly awaiting to see what will come under the 'electric weapons' tab

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Sadly, it doesn't look like any class will get bizarre mad science lightning guns. Well, none of the current classes at least.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

They've said they're planning for each class to have four weapons, so the gear the current classes have is the gear they're gonna have

...yeah, I miss my KSG too :(

Metrohunter
Sep 30, 2009

Ain't no thing like me, 'cept me.
I will be perfectly ok with the SWAT getting some kind of souped-up taser hooked up to a car battery that chains between zeds

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!

Alteisen posted:

Zerker gets torn up in sui/HoE due to his lack of damage resistances, unless you got a level 20+ medic firmly wedged up your rear end and people keeping poo poo off you, you ain't surviving long.

Totally viable on suicidal in my experience. Get a nailgun and use it.

Reallycoolname
Feb 26, 2008

Take a look! It's in a book!

Serious Frolicking posted:

Sadly, it doesn't look like any class will get bizarre mad science lightning guns. Well, none of the current classes at least.

The mods will take care of that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AtBjGinfegw

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

LuciferMorningstar posted:

and then get shredded when you inevitably gently caress up a parry

or stand back forever and be a lovely commando

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
I see people have set up some big player count servers, do Zeds scale for over 6 players? How many you get at the max number of players (32?) at wave 1? :allears:

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
Two fleshpounds and a skrake for two players on hard, wave 6. The saddest part is that we died to the trash.

Colosmicon
Jan 5, 2013

Capn Beeb posted:

What if the Webley could have an accessory?

Parry with the bayonet, blast with the gat :ocelot:

If TW put a bayonet on the combat shotgun, I'd use it.

Slybo
Mar 6, 2005

Colosmicon posted:

If TW put a bayonet on the combat shotgun, I'd use it.
Think of all the ammo you would save on Crawlers and Clots.
It sucks having to wait and maneuver around just so you try and take out 2 clots with one shell because they are too valuable to waste on a single weak Zed.

Slybo fucked around with this message at 03:29 on May 8, 2015

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

Azran posted:

I see people have set up some big player count servers, do Zeds scale for over 6 players? How many you get at the max number of players (32?) at wave 1? :allears:

Yeah. I was on a 50 player server for a couple waves and it was over 600. Scrake/FP HP scales for that too.

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

Azran posted:

If it works similar to the KF1 modded servers then yes, it continues to scale everything - spawncounts, enemy and boss health - linearly and that means like 500+ enemies per wave with a full server.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Slybo posted:

Think of all the ammo you would save on Crawlers and Clots.
It sucks having to wait and maneuver around just so you try and take out 2 clots with one shell because they are too valuable to waste on a single weak Zed.

You can just pop their heads with the gun butt though

Slybo
Mar 6, 2005

Ruggington posted:

You can just pop their heads with the gun butt though

A bayonet would be cooler. :colbert:

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!

Ruggington posted:

and then get shredded when you inevitably gently caress up a parry

or stand back forever and be a lovely commando

1 successful parry on a Scrake followed by a heavy Pulverizer while supports unload on it, then start circling to the right while continuing to hammer. Mostly the same for Pounds.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

To parry, do you just block at the right time? I have a dumb brain and seem to block right before getting hit but I'd expect a unique animation.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

Inzombiac posted:

To parry, do you just block at the right time? I have a dumb brain and seem to block right before getting hit but I'd expect a unique animation.

There's no unique animation. Block basically right as the blow is about to connect, and the attacker will do a backwards stagger animation.

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

gawrsh do you think any women will be there

Critical parries should have a chance to activate Zed time

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

I see pepsiman mods is a proud KF tradition :allears:

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

1 successful parry on a Scrake followed by a heavy Pulverizer while supports unload on it, then start circling to the right while continuing to hammer. Mostly the same for Pounds.

why even bother parrying the scrake if you're just gonna circle strafe it

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

Ruggington posted:

why even bother parrying the scrake if you're just gonna circle strafe it

For the longest stun duration possible? I mean, yeah, I suppose it's not strictly necessary, but it seems like a fairly safe and reliable way to open the engagement, and with a couple AA-12s tearing into it, the circle-strafing bit isn't even strictly necessary. Just back away and watch it get gibbed.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
Playing on a 2-man team skrakes are nothing. It's the fleshpounds with their combination of DPS and insane health that kill me more often than anything in the game including Hans. Fleshpounds just need their HP scaling adjusted but Hans, with his three mandatory heals and multiple instakills, is the worst design I've seen since games were meant to take your quarters. SNK would blush.

Phosphene
Aug 11, 2008
I'M NOT TRYING TO GET BIG AND BULKY OKAY WE ALL FAIL DIFFERENT GOALS
Give zerkers a chance that scales with level to move and attack at regular speed during zed time. God that would own.

Abandoned Toaster
Jun 4, 2008

Shumagorath posted:

Two fleshpounds and a skrake for two players on hard, wave 6. The saddest part is that we died to the trash.

Happens a lot with a bad team at higher levels. I can keep a Scrake and an FP occupied if I have enough space to dance with them, go after the trash! I cannot believe the number of times Sirens just slowly waltz into our group. And even if your medic is poo poo it's better to eat a saw to the face moving past or from a Scrake than panicking and unloading in it and pissing it off when everyone else is busy.

MadBimber
Dec 31, 2006

Shumagorath posted:

with his three mandatory heals and multiple instakills, is the worst design I've seen since games were meant to take your quarters. SNK would blush.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Shumagorath posted:

counterpoint: three scrakes on Suicidal

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-uPMtkuKfk
oh wait, that's not a problem at all

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Won't even last you half the wave unless everyone else is a support or you keep looking for ammo.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

Alteisen posted:

Won't even last you half the wave unless everyone else is a support or you keep looking for ammo.

100% untrue, at least up to suicidal.

E: Using semi for most trash. Switch to shotgun for Bloats.

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

This beard just won't do!
Just be a support if you want to use horrible shotguns.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

darkhand posted:

Just be a support if you want to use horrible shotguns.

But the Combat Shotgun is too heavy to carry alongside a pulverizer :downs:

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

This beard just won't do!
I mean half the problem with zerker is that half of his weapons are guns, which to me is a little silly. So hopefully with more updates all the classes have more viable weapon combos. And please give us the ability to drop garbage out of inventory, there is 0 reason to spawn with 2 melee weapons.

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit

Don't even bother with the parry, just heavy pulv. Then you can circle run back, then run past him and heavy pulv again, or continue circling forever.

Just did an HOE with a bunch of guys yelling non stop in spanish. We were in the hotel in paris. Two sirens came and they walked all they way to us. Nobody shot them. Using all my darts it was going to be game over for me if I didn't bail, so I jumped out a window. They were all dead or dying at that point. Then they continued to yell at me about how I should have thrown grenades. Except there was two sirens... Then as they saw I was going to win the wave they started trying to help me out with tips.

So I gave them a taste of classic KF1 and got the wave down to 1. Then I went up and meleed the husk's feet with the scalpel.

Whittle
Sep 18, 2011

Ramsus posted:

So I gave them a taste of classic KF1 and got the wave down to 1. Then I went up and meleed the husk's feet with the scalpel.

Timeless :allears:

ClonedPickle
Apr 23, 2010
I meant to post this a while ago

Might as well post more than one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MadBimber
Dec 31, 2006
when you unload both barrels and the stalker goes mile high