Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

MikeJF posted:

Oh look, Mack's in the poster. Comes back to rescue Bobbi, I guess?

Although Gonzales is in the poster too, so maybe not.

Mack went to the carrier to get his things. My money is on him being roped into a carrier defense when the inhumans attack. It'd be a bit weird if the Bobbi / Hunter spinoff is an actual thing and they leave the plot line unresolved and solve it not in the finale but during the spinoff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf

MikeJF posted:

Oh look, Mack's in the poster. Comes back to rescue Bobbi, I guess?

Although Gonzales is in the poster too, so maybe not.
"She had an alien crystal thing. Now I have an alien crystal thing."

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

imperialparadox posted:

Kyle MacLachlan is awesome, because the role of Cal and the writing for it can easily be incredibly silly, but he somehow manages to pull it off by not only being fun, but also believable and at times making you sympathetic of his actions. Cal didn't just wake up one day and decided to be a super-villain, instead, his motivations stem from protecting his family and seeking vengeance against those that hurt them. He's obviously a bad guy now, and it seems like Cal himself recognizes that, even if he isn't able to stop himself any longer as a side-effect of his juicing.

Between MacLachlan and Bill Paxton, the show's done a great job hiring good actors to play charismatic antagonists who have a crazy side to them.

Robot Hobo
May 18, 2002

robothobo.com

imperialparadox posted:

Cal didn't just wake up one day and decided to be a super-villain, instead, his motivations stem from protecting his family and seeking vengeance against those that hurt them. He's obviously a bad guy now...
I keep forgetting that he's even supposed to be a "Bad Guy." He's just such a sympathetic character that even when he's doing something terrible, I always feel like I know how he got there. His methods are bad and his self-control is completely broken, but his actual motivations are more in line with being a deeply flawed hero than an evil villain.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Gonzalez tried to have Skye killed and his first response to finding Afterlife was to attack.

Jiaying was right to kill him.

Sir Nose
Mar 28, 2009

That was last month? What would have been filming then that has Peggy Carter in it?

Zythrst
May 31, 2011

Time to join a revolution son, its going to be yooge!

nooneofconsequence posted:

Gonzalez tried to have Skye killed and his first response to finding Afterlife was to attack.

Jiaying was right to kill him.

Everyone on this show is some degree of badguy, except Fitz, yay Fitz!

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.
Maybe the next season? Or is it too early for that? Or maybe the photo is older from when she was filming Avengers 2 or the first season of the show and she is just sharing it now.

mikeraskol fucked around with this message at 20:13 on May 7, 2015

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006

Sir Nose posted:

That was last month? What would have been filming then that has Peggy Carter in it?

I would assume she told the story at a recent convention or during promos for Ultron then went home and uploaded the pic - the actual ID thing was probably done ages ago.
Would be awesome if this was an unintentional leak of new Peggy stuff going on right now though.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Maybe Gonzales is an inhuman and he got the power of Sandman. He can just crumble into dust and back. He practically had that power already anyway.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Any EJO power that does not involve origami is a shame.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Carter is in Ant-Man, maybe she was there for something related to that.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Maybe an inhuman will get a power to bring back the humans that get terrigen misted and Xena will come back :smith:

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Xtanstic posted:

Maybe an inhuman will get a power to bring back the humans that get terrigen misted and Xena will come back :smith:

She died in a car accident, not because of the Diviner.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
Her hand will come back, she can be SHIELD's Thing.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Deadpool posted:

She died in a car accident, not because of the Diviner.

Oh right I'm dumb.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Brign Xena back anyways. Bring the actual character Xena into the show, played by lucy lawless, and just forget the whole hartley thing.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum
She had a sister, right?

Loser_Rex
Apr 14, 2006

Spidercock? Here?

Lycus posted:

Her hand will come back, she can be SHIELD's Thing.

Ben Grimm?

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

No, the shape-shifting alien one from the John Carpenter movie.

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

I can see when you are lying.

Phylodox posted:

No, the shape-shifting alien one from the John Carpenter movie.

I thought they have that in the cargo hold of the ship.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

ashpanash posted:

I thought they have that in the cargo hold of the ship.

I can't be the only one to jump to the conclusion that was Gravitonium in there, was it?

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Apoplexy posted:

I can't be the only one to jump to the conclusion that was Gravitonium in there, was it?

Gravitonium is shinier.

Mage_Boy
Dec 18, 2003

This hotdog is about as real as your story Steve Simmons

Ensign_Ricky posted:

What's that? You want a finale part 2 poster too?

This poster is giving me a real AvX vibe for some reason. I guess that's partially because I think Inhumans are going to basically become the MCU mutants.

I also just realized that they gave serious hints about Raina not lying with her vision this last episode. Between the Skye needs to go and the AoU vision, we've only seen her give truthful prophecy before, but because we all distrust her we think she is lying this time. It's a really good foreshadow that you only catch in retrospect.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

This show is so good you guys. :3:

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!

Xtanstic posted:

Mack went to the carrier to get his things. My money is on him being roped into a carrier defense when the inhumans attack. It'd be a bit weird if the Bobbi / Hunter spinoff is an actual thing and they leave the plot line unresolved and solve it not in the finale but during the spinoff.

I'd be okay with a Bobbi/Hunter spinoff. There'd be a ton of focus on their complicated relationship issues, but it'd be interesting to see a smaller scale series that focuses on just two super competent spies with occasional guest stars.

I wonder what the spinoff will turn out to be though. More Peggy Carter seems like the sensible way to go, but I don't expect that. I also can't really see them introducing an entirely new shield team out of nowhere, like CBS did with its CSI and NCIS franchises.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The internet is reporting both SHIELD and Agent Carter have been renewed.

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf

Aphrodite posted:

This is the best news I've heard all week, so I really hope it's accurate. :peanut:

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Peggy gonna smash all the faces

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Aphrodite posted:

yesssssssssssss

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Aphrodite posted:

SHEILD I expected, but Agent Carter? That's really cool. So with the spinoff we get three SHEILD related TV series?

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

I really hope they stick with Agent Carter airing during SHIELD's breaks. That just fit really well.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.
This is indeed really good news. Carter was great already, so if it can improve for its second season even half as much as AoS did we're in for a hell of a show. It's also a really great companion piece for Agents of SHIELD because despite both being in the same general "spy show" wheelhouse, they're really quite dissimilar - tone, setting, themes, everything - so they work wonderfully together without tiring you out with too much of the same.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Aphrodite posted:

:woop: I've been legit worried we wouldn't get S2 of Carter

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

I was not optimistic about getting that season 2 so this is just the best news

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

I am also happy about this news.

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

:jpmf:
Dumb Reina theory: She probably framed the honest truth like a lie, intentionally making a failed power play so they'd turn on her, and then the OH gently caress REINA WAS RIGHT reaction is so much stronger when Jiaying actually DOES start a war. Manipulators gonna manipulate.

I dunno exactly what form it will take, but she's gotta have some kinda angle. It's what she does.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Season 3 for AoS, and Season 2 for Agent Carter and Galavant! YEAH!

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum

Javid posted:

Dumb Reina theory: She probably framed the honest truth like a lie, intentionally making a failed power play so they'd turn on her, and then the OH gently caress REINA WAS RIGHT reaction is so much stronger when Jiaying actually DOES start a war. Manipulators gonna manipulate.

I dunno exactly what form it will take, but she's gotta have some kinda angle. It's what she does.

Laffo, this has gotta be it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Hooray. Good chance fourth season is on the cards too since it will give it enough episodes to get syndicated.

• Locked thread