Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Sheep-Goats posted:

I live in Vegas now but used to live in NYC. Italian food is the most over priced and over praised stuff on the planet.

Vegas is a "well THERE's your problem" detail; NYC is huge and I'd totally imagine that you somehow managed to miss eating at actually good Italian places the whole time you lived there especially if you already had your current opinion of it at the time

I can't think of any valid reason other than politics to dislike a well-prepared veal piccata

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ghosTTy
Sep 22, 2008

"Whoa! Three cat photos? I see you've figured out the secret to online dating. "

Negging? (yay or nay)

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Sheep-Goats posted:

I live in Vegas now but used to live in NYC. Italian food is the most over priced and over praised stuff on the planet.

I go to NYC at least once a year to see my grandparents. They pretty much exclusively eat Italian for dinner and eat out every night; every Manhattan Italian restaurant they've taken me to has been unconscionably bad and wouldn't last a day in SF. Similar experience with my cousins in Philly and Jersey. Go to an actual Mediterranean Italian restaurant instead of the abomination that is East Coast American Italian and you'll probably understand why people will pay for good Italian.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Only goons would think there aren't any good Italian restaurants in NYC.

ThePriceIsRight posted:

"Whoa! Three cat photos? I see you've figured out the secret to online dating. "

Negging? (yay or nay)

Only talk about the photos if there's nothing you can say about her profile.

Hadaka Apron
Feb 12, 2015
I really hate that joke where a woman says they "listen to everything" and then list six bands you'd hear on the radio.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Sheep-Goats posted:

I didn't say (and don't think) that there aren't any good ones, I'm saying that there are a LOT of terrible ones and lots of people go to them.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Sheep-Goats posted:

Nah this isn't a goon thing, California people are p much just insufferable in general w/r/t how much better everything in California is

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

ThePriceIsRight posted:

Negging? (yay or nay)

Sure, good luck

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

loquacius posted:

California people are p much just insufferable in general w/r/t how much better everything in California is

Hear hear to that.

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

loquacius posted:

Nah this isn't a goon thing, California people are p much just insufferable in general w/r/t how much better everything in California is

because it's true :ssh:

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

TenementFunster posted:

it isn't weird if you think about it for more than 10 seconds or consider anyone but yourself.

also if rejection doesn't get easier after the first 2-3 times, seek therapy. nobody wins them all, and you don't always get what you want.

Nah it's weird even from their perspective - I wouldn't sleep with someone and then ditch em I'd feel loving terrible. Hell it eats away at me when I do it after one date. I mean the guy aint entitled to a response but it's p cold to be intimate with someone and act the same way you would if you just had a so-so first date and don't see the point in a second.

"rejection doesn't get easier" doesn't mean "every time you're rejected you cry in your room by yourself for a week eating tubs of ice cream and being dead to the world". Just get kinda bummed for a day or whatever and then move on. Getting rejected after one date aint the same as breaking up after a five yeard relationship wth

Groovelord Neato fucked around with this message at 22:48 on May 7, 2015

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
Actually rejection gets super easy, get some perspective.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Yeah it is pretty cool being a robot.

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

loquacius posted:

Not that this isn't a great conversation but

spoken like someone who has never been to an actually good Italian restaurant and/or just doesn't know what to order there :colbert:

If you are at an Italian restaurant and being served a pile of noodles, one party has hosed up somehow

if somebody refers to pasta as 'noodles' you can pretty much disregard anything they have to say re: Italian cuisine.

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

i made italian food for a guy from ohio once (NOT a date) - i made the sauce from scratch and he called it 'ketchup'.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

pasta is a noodle

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Hadaka Apron posted:

I really hate that joke where a woman says they "listen to everything" and then list six bands you'd hear on the radio.

That would seriously impress me, I can't list 6 of any thing.

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

SaltLick posted:

pasta is a noodle

welcome to the disregard list.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

opus111 posted:

welcome to the disregard list.

im learning that there is an official amount of egg needed to be in a noodle for it to be considered one. also that official pasta can only be made from a certain wheat. god drat food spergs

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

goddamn can you shut up about food in just one thread

its in every thread and its boring as hell

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Fonzarelli posted:

Shut up dad

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Fonzarelli posted:

food is an important aspect of dating

we can go back to comparing busted vaginas we've seen and tossed aside if you like

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
I'm not thinking of anything!

TenementFunster posted:

it isn't weird if you think about it for more than 10 seconds or consider anyone but yourself.

also if rejection doesn't get easier after the first 2-3 times, seek therapy. nobody wins them all, and you don't always get what you want.

what are you supposed to say? here is always the reason somebody breaks up with somebody else: "I think I can do better than you." flat out telling somebody that, man or woman, is just cruel. people who get dumped say they want the truth, but they honestly don't.

lol this guy.

I am totally down with hooking up and casual dating. It's fun.

If you're out there regularly hooking up with people you think you can do better than, try dating up a bit? I don't think I deserve an explanation, but when I'm hooking up with somebody a few times and I meet somebody I actually want to date I will send a "hey you've awesome to hang out with, but I met somebody I really want to get to know more."

It's polite... Why would I just stop responding?

Nic Cage dick cage
Jun 23, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

SaltLick posted:

we can go back to comparing busted vaginas we've seen and tossed aside if you like

"she had pish flaps like saddle bags" - how quaint.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

I've honestly never seen an ugly vagina. I lead a blessed life. My dick is tiny though, baby dilz, fresh pussy.

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

Tumble posted:

lol this guy.

I am totally down with hooking up and casual dating. It's fun.

If you're out there regularly hooking up with people you think you can do better than, try dating up a bit? I don't think I deserve an explanation, but when I'm hooking up with somebody a few times and I meet somebody I actually want to date I will send a "hey you've awesome to hang out with, but I met somebody I really want to get to know more."

It's polite... Why would I just stop responding?

Because having a penis can make you psychopath when being rejected.

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

lol

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

opus111 posted:

if somebody refers to pasta as 'noodles' you can pretty much disregard anything they have to say re: Italian cuisine.

Oh no not the correct term for a thing, anything but that.

ghosTTy
Sep 22, 2008

quote:

I’m really good at

Fixing things. Very handy around the house. I can do anything. Very patient . Making my cousins laugh and poo poo their pants. Making everyone happy.

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

Sheep-Goats posted:

Oh no not the correct term for a thing, anything but that.

a) its not the correct term and b) it makes you sound like an uncultured oaf.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

Hadaka Apron posted:

i listed a bunch of my favorite bands, then discovered after searching for them that no other dudes in my area were interested in most of them

i didn't even think they were that esoteric (i think i listed vreid, einherjer, and hollenthon among others), but metalhead problems i guess

Dr. Snuggles
Dec 3, 2012

Tbh some of us (Pick) use this website more than others and I feel that I am unfairly subsidizing picks posting. Unless some kind of fee by post usage is enabled were basically instituting a forced welfare state of posting.
Its hard to deal with rejection

but its even harder to hide the evidence.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.
Let's play 'guess how old this person is'!

She's 29

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

cyberia posted:

She's 29

:whitewater:

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

cyberia posted:

She's 29

Still would.

There's a power-lifter girl that's been more fun in like 2 back and forth messages than my current rich girlfriend who has massive social anxiety. Its annoying tbh she's cute and all and a lot of fun but I cannot handle people who are so fearful of rejection that its like we're driving to a restaraunt and she's like "we can go somewhere else if you want" like 20 times in a 5 minute drive.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

YeahTubaMike posted:

i didn't even think they were that esoteric (i think i listed vreid, einherjer, and hollenthon among others), but metalhead problems i guess

lol

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

opus111 posted:

a) its not the correct term and b) it makes you sound like an uncultured oaf.

I think they weren't saying it was the right term. The wording is awkward. I think it should read like "Oh no! The not-correct term for a thing!"

That being said, stop being a pedant and eat your drat spaghetti, you faux cultured pedant.

naem
May 29, 2011

LeoMarr posted:

Still would.

There's a power-lifter girl that's been more fun in like 2 back and forth messages than my current rich girlfriend who has massive social anxiety. Its annoying tbh she's cute and all and a lot of fun but I cannot handle people who are so fearful of rejection that its like we're driving to a restaraunt and she's like "we can go somewhere else if you want" like 20 times in a 5 minute drive.

Um you won the gf lottery shut up lol

ghosTTy
Sep 22, 2008

quote:

At first I thought someone in my town made an account for their realdoll.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Does this particular aesthetic flaw have a name because I feel like there's a lot of potential here for an offensive meme, possibly even a racist offensive meme, but I don't have a term to go off of.

• Locked thread