Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Defunct Prodigy
Mar 2, 2015
See, if Verdelet had just championed the fairy genocide instead he would've been a bit more likeable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.

DeafNote posted:

and it might happen more times!

also goddamnit Faeries

where is Chrono Cross when you need it

in a ditch, in a safe, under a pile of explosives, in an indian burial ground, located in the bermuda triangle, filled with brim of radioactive particles that haven't decayed, underneath an ancient mayan temple with a blood sacrifice underway

all of which are taro yoko's closet

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
Mikhail is basically what would happen if a giant golden retriever puppy suddenly grew scales, the ability to talk, and wings.

Oh my god he's the best.

The Dark Id
Aug 13, 2005

Why
you
know
I
LOVE
THIS SHIT !!!!
[citation needed]

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

The Dark Kid :3:

Gamma Nerd
May 14, 2012

Black_Oni 165 posted:

No? He survived the burning of his isolated hut (which killed the kids he was watching) because he ran into the forest to polish the shaft since he wanted to avoid doing anything to the kids. I think?

Yes, this is what's been confirmed. He didn't touch any of the children he lived with.

ArclightBorealis
May 28, 2014

You are HUGE!
That means you have HUGE ESSENCE!

RIP AND TEAR YOUR ESSENCE!!
Your kid made a great contribution with those drawings. Made the story even better.

Nohman
Sep 19, 2007
Never been worse.
That story and The Dark Kid doodles are peak :3:

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
loving this doo doo

HaitianDivorce
Jul 29, 2012

GeneX posted:

Mikhail is basically what would happen if a giant golden retriever puppy was abused, completely internalized it, and then suddenly grew scales, the ability to talk, and wings.

Oh my god he's the best. saddest

FTFY

Derek Barona
Dec 8, 2009

WHO'S YOUR FRIEND?!

I get it. He's lovin' this poo poo.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

This is the most adorable story ever

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

That was nice. Of course, knowing Drakengard he probably set off some disaster. Mikhail ate the cow with the best milk or something. The bees were killer bees and destroyed a village. Wait, no, the sea serpent was some great protector thing and now the ocean will rise up and flood everything.

Oh forget it, this series needs all the nice stories it can get.

The Dark Id
Aug 13, 2005

Why
you
know
I
LOVE
THIS SHIT !!!!
[citation needed]
So I'm now going to have to guilt my son's older sister to draw the Michael Short Story doodles since he's thrown down the gauntlet, right? :v:

BattleCattle
May 11, 2014

You've given us so much.

You're the best.

ArclightBorealis
May 28, 2014

You are HUGE!

The Dark Id posted:

So I'm now going to have to guilt my son's older sister to draw the Michael Short Story doodles since he's thrown down the gauntlet, right? :v:
Go for it.

Derek Barona
Dec 8, 2009

WHO'S YOUR FRIEND?!

The Dark Id posted:

Just tell her the terrible people who continually enable her father to continue making poor life decisions appreciate it.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

The Dark Id posted:

Yes. Do it.
The Internet demands it.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

The Dark Id posted:

yesss

Thank you. :)

AndwhatIseeisme
Mar 30, 2010

Being alive is pretty much a constant stream of embarrassment.
Fun Shoe
Be careful TDI, or years from now your going to find your kids buying capture cards, joining terrible forums, and recording their own lovely games and look back on this moment as the point where you started them down this dark path.

"This yours?"

no...I..

"Your mother said she found it on the let's play forum."

dad...

"Who taught you to play these lovely games and post about it to strangers? Who taught you how to do this stuff?"

You alright! I learned it by watching you!

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

The Dark Id posted:

Thanks to my dumbass kid for contributing to his old man's dumbass hobby. :v:
How directly are you exposing your kids to Drakengard in order to produce these?

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010

Paracelsus posted:

How directly are you exposing your kids to Drakengard in order to produce these?

This is a legitimate concern, TDI. Don't expose your kids to any of this... ever. Just let them be content knowing that fairies are mean, terrible things and they should never go try to play with them.

The Dark Id
Aug 13, 2005

Why
you
know
I
LOVE
THIS SHIT !!!!
[citation needed]

Paracelsus posted:

My wife got pretty pissed the one time our daughter wandered into my office and I was blaring: This while writing an update and it scared her. :geno:

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

To be fair that would scare a lot of people.

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

how do I vote this thread a 6?

Do I make a second account and vote 1?

ArclightBorealis
May 28, 2014

You are HUGE!

ultrafilter posted:

To be fair that would scare a lot of people.
More than the giant man eating babies made of salt.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

The Dark Id posted:

My wife got pretty pissed the one time our daughter wandered into my office and I was blaring: This while writing an update and it scared her. :geno:
Eh, she'll be fine. I played through all of Drakengard 1 and 2 when I was still a little kid and I turned out alrigh-

Augus posted:

Fanfiction about talking doves on an internet forum I paid 10 bucks to post on
Wait, poo poo never mind. Seek help immediately.

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal

The Dark Id posted:

Ah, so the post-dentist novocaine Silver Lights mindfuck thing wasn't entirely unwarranted, then.

The Dark Id
Aug 13, 2005

Why
you
know
I
LOVE
THIS SHIT !!!!
[citation needed]

YeOldeButchere posted:

Ah, so the post-dentist novocaine Silver Lights mindfuck thing wasn't entirely unwarranted, then.

Yeah I had that coming...

Beefstew
Oct 30, 2010

I told you that story so I could tell you this one...
Id, what compelled you to pick up Drakengard 1 in the first place? Was it word of mouth about how batshit it was, or did you just find it in a bargain bin? And what were your initial reactions to its escalating insanity (especially Ending E)?

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant
As I remember he discovered that Resident Evil: Dead Aim was made by Cavia, and thought "wow, this is a special kind of bad."

A jargogle
Feb 22, 2011

The Dark Id posted:

This track... this is actually good? I think? Should I be worried I think that?

The Dark Id
Aug 13, 2005

Why
you
know
I
LOVE
THIS SHIT !!!!
[citation needed]

cantdrawfuckyoudad.jpeg

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
If the next Drakengard game looks like it's been done in crayon/colored pen, I think we all know who to blame.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Beefstew posted:

Id, what compelled you to pick up Drakengard 1 in the first place? Was it word of mouth about how batshit it was, or did you just find it in a bargain bin? And what were your initial reactions to its escalating insanity (especially Ending E)?

And more importantly, did you know about any of that poo poo going in? Please say no. Please.

The Dark Id posted:

cantdrawfuckyoudad.jpeg

Oh no. His kid knows who Zero is and what she looks like. :stonk:

Beefstew
Oct 30, 2010

I told you that story so I could tell you this one...

A jargogle posted:

This track... this is actually good? I think? Should I be worried I think that?

Drakengard 1 has one of the most inspired soundtracks of any video game in that it perfectly connotes the proper level of dread, because Drakengard is the closest video games have to a true gesamtkunstwerk. Here's the music from the first loving level: http://tindeck.com/listen/qrkk

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Chokes McGee posted:

And more importantly, did you know about any of that poo poo going in? Please say no. Please.

Zero is an excellent role model.

Vaginapocalypse
Mar 15, 2013

:qq: B-but it's so hard being white! Waaaaaagh! :qq:
There were a lot of bad things about Drakengard 1. The soundtrack was not one of them. :allears:

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Growing Wings has been stuck in my head for a couple weeks now, speaking of Drakengard 1's soundtrack.
It's a bit hit or miss with the whole chaotic dissonance thing, but when it works it's pretty effective at setting that right tone of dread and insanity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012

Chokes McGee posted:

She probably also knows who Nowe is, so let's not pretend finding out about Zero is the worst thing that's happened to her.

• Locked thread