Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pickled Tink
Apr 28, 2012

Have you heard about First Dog? It's a very good comic I just love.

Also, wear your bike helmets kids. I copped several blows to the head but my helmet left me totally unscathed.

Finally you should check out First Dog as it's a good comic I like it very much.
Fun Shoe
Avogadro the Molemarian is ready to be slaughtered by a Minotaur. That said, I am betting heavily on him in the hopes that it will encourage him to right better (It won't).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuubi
Jan 18, 2015

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Beware serpentman Really Witty Name! Fuubi the tiger(wo)man needs a new pair of boots.

...ran out of points before I could buy some, see?

Jazzimus Prime
May 16, 2002

The Brothers Autobot

Astus posted:

Dead Meat the Yeti is ready to go, although I have no idea if his build is terrible or not. Don't have the arena raws (and it seems this test tournament has changed them even more, so the old raws wouldn't help?), so can't use the macro to test him out.

... oh yes, the new Arena raws.

Here they are.

http://arenachallenge.com/dwarffort/df_40_24_arena.zip

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

I'm ready for a cat to fight a cow.

pun pundit
Nov 11, 2008

I feel the same way about the company bearing the same name.

Oh, Carver is fighting Manotaur, I see. Run by an experienced player, too. Well, Carver is quite handicapped as the arena rules prohibit her from using teleportation, fire magic, or her friendship with various deities, so she'll just have to slice that Manotaur up with a sword.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

:siren: :siren: Easy money for thems what wants it :siren: :siren:

Bet against me, it's a sure thing! For those new to the game, I have a track record, practically infamous. I do zero testing and spend less than 5 minutes picking skills and equipment! I have some of the fastest losses in arena history! MAKE BIG BUCKS FAST WHILE WORKING FROM HOME

http://arenachallenge.com/dwarffort/view_match_bets.php?456

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

Mlle posted:

N-no.. I missed the signups. :negative:
Oh well, time to bust out the pompoms. Go anyone foolish enough to pick an Ant Woman!

Create a fighter (not using the site, just write it down) and compete with the other guys for a chance to own Spearmy. Actually, gently caress that. I am going to have to manually create these fighters arent I?

Welp, I already offered so lets do this thing. No way to create test fighters is there whose macro I can download is there?

Also Loco, I remember you. It was basically you and me dragging Tunicate the dead weight behind. not really, Tunicate, but we are mortal enemies right now.

Spermy Smurf fucked around with this message at 00:52 on May 8, 2015

Jazzimus Prime
May 16, 2002

The Brothers Autobot

Spermy Smurf posted:

Create a fighter (not using the site, just write it down) and compete with the other guys for a chance to own Spearmy. Actually, gently caress that. I am going to have to manually create these fighters arent I?

Welp, I already offered so lets do this thing. No way to create test fighters is there whose macro I can download is there?

If Mlle, HerpicleOmnicron5, and CaptainDirtnap all list the names of the fighters they want to use in this thread, I can jerry-rig the database side on the site to let them create their fighters there. Just post the names of the fighters you want to use in this thread.

Spermy will then be granted access to download those fighters' macros. EDIT: Alternately, I could run the Battle Royale, which would allow Spermy to enter his fighter into the free-for-all, giving him a chance to earn back the spot he's so graciously giving up.

Jazzimus Prime fucked around with this message at 01:04 on May 8, 2015

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Spermy Smurf posted:

Alright you two who don't have a fighter. Post some fake builds (no way in gently caress am I checking point totals, so feel free to cheat) and I'll run a fight to see who takes Spearmy.

Yes I am totally one of those people without a fighter.

Here is my entry I call him SSJGOKU DELUX

Legendary Swordmaster
Legendary Striker
Legendary Wrestler
Legendary Dodger
Legendary Fighter
Adamantine Sword
Adamantine Shield
Adamantine Helm
Adamantine Plate armor
Adamantine High Boots

I hope I win because fighting against that piece of excellent personal advice will be difficult and it would be terrible if I lose
EDIT: my plan for a substitute smurf is a naked gremlin with all his skill points in kicking and archery

Tunicate fucked around with this message at 01:13 on May 8, 2015

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
^^^ You would still lose. I would trot LNTAC out of retirement and show you whats up.

Jazzimus Prime posted:

Alternately, I could run the Battle Royale, which would allow Spermy to enter his fighter into the free-for-all, giving him a chance to earn back the spot he's so graciously giving up.

I like this idea. They can have my spot, but they need to pry it from my cold, dead, likely severed hands.

Spearmy is ready to roll.

Spermy Smurf fucked around with this message at 01:23 on May 8, 2015

Jazzimus Prime
May 16, 2002

The Brothers Autobot
Oh, and also,

:siren: :siren: :siren:
YOU CAN PLACE BETS NOW!
:siren: :siren: :siren:

You can even bet if you don't have a fighter in the tournament! As long as you're registered on the site!

You can even bet it all on your own fighter, if you want! Although Bene Elim is the only one to have ever won the elusive Double Crown using that strategy.

http://arenachallenge.com/dwarffort/place_bet.php

(This link will only work for registered Arena Challenge users. If you aren't registered, get registered! See the first post.)

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012

Tunicate posted:

Yes I am totally one of those people without a fighter.

Here is my entry I call him SSJGOKU DELUX

Legendary Swordmaster
Legendary Striker
Legendary Wrestler
Legendary Dodger
Legendary Fighter
Adamantine Sword
Adamantine Shield
Adamantine Helm
Adamantine Plate armor
Adamantine High Boots

I hope I win because fighting against that piece of excellent personal advice will be difficult and it would be terrible if I lose
You fool! A bunch of rocks could kill this thing!

Coward
Sep 10, 2009

I say we take off and surrender unconditionally from orbit.

It's the only way to be sure

Despite being in two prior tournaments, I still have no idea how this works.

Putting money on Spermy to win is how this works, right?

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
Don't read the thread for one day and miss tournament sign ups :( Sadness.

Afriscipio
Jun 3, 2013

Mechanics question:
Does having a single handed weapon, without a shield, give any strength or penetration bonus? i.e. Can can a fighter wield a one handed weapon in two hands?

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!

Afriscipio posted:

Mechanics question:
Does having a single handed weapon, without a shield, give any strength or penetration bonus? i.e. Can can a fighter wield a one handed weapon in two hands?

Not as far as I've ever seen.

Also, Jazz, I can probably run a few fights if that would be helpful, just I'm working a lot and weird hours so I didn't want to promise too much.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

Coward posted:

Despite being in two prior tournaments, I still have no idea how this works.

Putting money on Spermy to win is how this works, right?

Jesus that's a terrible plan. I use the Bad Munki approach to fighter management. No logic, no thinking, fighter completed in 30 seconds. But I don't do platinum helmet and grandmaster headbutting or anything like that.

Also: Apparently no one wants my fighter. Guess it's all mine? :getin:

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Someone snapped a picture of me while I was setting up my fighter:

But CRUSHTAUR THE CRUSHINATOR is ready to do what she does best!

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Spermy Smurf posted:

But I don't do platinum helmet and grandmaster headbutting or anything like that.

And that's why you'll never be a champion!

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

Afriscipio posted:

Mechanics question:

No. You can wield two one handed weapons in two hands, though. :v:

There's an interesting mechanic with multiarmed creatures and two-handed weapons. With one-handed weapons, you lose the weapon if you lose the arm. With a two-handed weapon and two hands, you lose an arm and your attacks are heavily penalized. With 3+ arms, you don't lose any effectiveness until you go down to only one arm, and by the time that happens, you're either going to win the battle or bleed to death.

Spermy Smurf posted:

Jesus that's a terrible plan. I use the Bad Munki approach to fighter management.

Says the owner of LNTAC, the deadliest competitor ever to set foot in the arena.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker

my dad posted:

No. You can wield two one handed weapons in two hands, though. :v:

There's an interesting mechanic with multiarmed creatures and two-handed weapons. With one-handed weapons, you lose the weapon if you lose the arm. With a two-handed weapon and two hands, you lose an arm and your attacks are heavily penalized. With 3+ arms, you don't lose any effectiveness until you go down to only one arm, and by the time that happens, you're either going to win the battle or bleed to death.

Do you have to go tell people that? I was hoping to keep my psychotically-screaming three-eyed four-armed monkey thing quiet and unobtrusive whilst using that trick.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

AJ_Impy posted:

Do you have to go tell people that? I was hoping to keep my psychotically-screaming three-eyed four-armed monkey thing quiet and unobtrusive whilst using that trick.

If you had, the first blow would have severed your stupid ape's head, bypassing your entire plan.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

my dad posted:

Says the owner of LNTAC, the deadliest competitor ever to set foot in the arena.

I may have had some help creating him. Hint: You.

Speaking of which... Who ran Thesus Bane and Dr Strangeglove final fights for the other tournaments? Can I get their macros? I want to test something... (2v1 vs LNTAC)

Captaindirtnap
Apr 26, 2012

Jazzimus Prime posted:

If Mlle, HerpicleOmnicron5, and CaptainDirtnap all list the names of the fighters they want to use in this thread, I can jerry-rig the database side on the site to let them create their fighters there. Just post the names of the fighters you want to use in this thread.

Spermy will then be granted access to download those fighters' macros. EDIT: Alternately, I could run the Battle Royale, which would allow Spermy to enter his fighter into the free-for-all, giving him a chance to earn back the spot he's so graciously giving up.

The Tigerman I made for the tournament was named Dwayne. I get the feeling he'll be a real punching bag, hopefully on the same level as Chad.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker

Bad Munki posted:

If you had, the first blow would have severed your stupid ape's head, bypassing your entire plan.

Your guy won't have teammates to hide behind next time, Munki.

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

Jazzimus Prime posted:

I'd like to use my fighter, "Argosiasus Barkskin". He proved effective in 3 Knight Dog.

Jazzimus Prime
May 16, 2002

The Brothers Autobot

Khisanth Magus posted:

Don't read the thread for one day and miss tournament sign ups :( Sadness.

Create a new fighter and post the fighter's name in this thread, and you can be entered into a Battle Royale for the right to take away Spermy's spot in the tournament.

Captaindirtnap posted:

The Tigerman I made for the tournament was named Dwayne. I get the feeling he'll be a real punching bag, hopefully on the same level as Chad.

Okay, points have been assigned to Dwayne and you may work on a build.

HerpicleOmnicron5 posted:

I'd like to use my fighter, "Argosiasus Barkskin". He proved effective in 3 Knight Dog.

Unfortunately, only newly created fighters are allowed in this tournament. In the future, we might have a "Tournament of Champions" where veterans from previous tournaments fight each other, but for this one you'll need to use a fighter that hasn't fought in a tournament before.

Jazzimus Prime fucked around with this message at 19:11 on May 8, 2015

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

I'm sad I missed registration. I've been playing Harold Bird in DnD for the last several months and I would have been stoked to get another Bird descendant into the arena.

Jazzimus Prime
May 16, 2002

The Brothers Autobot

Ignite Memories posted:

I'm sad I missed registration. I've been playing Harold Bird in DnD for the last several months and I would have been stoked to get another Bird descendant into the arena.

Jazzimus Prime posted:

Create a new fighter and post the fighter's name in this thread, and you can be entered into a Battle Royale for the right to take away Spermy's spot in the tournament.

vvvvvvvvvvvv edit: Good idea vvvvvvvvvvvv

Jazzimus Prime fucked around with this message at 19:12 on May 8, 2015

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
If I may boldly suggest making your posts stand out somehow? People might be skimming over since you're not the OP, just the master of the arena. :v:

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

I submit HAROLD BIRD III as an entrant for the Battle Royale.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
Horny the minotaur is ready to take all comers in the battle royale.

Jazzimus Prime
May 16, 2002

The Brothers Autobot

Ignite Memories posted:

I submit HAROLD BIRD III as an entrant for the Battle Royale.

Khisanth Magus posted:

Horny the minotaur is ready to take all comers in the battle royale.

You've been given your points and may create your fighter builds on the site.

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

Jazzimus Prime posted:

Okay, points have been assigned to Dwayne and you may work on a build.

Unfortunately, only newly created fighters are allowed in this tournament. In the future, we might have a "Tournament of Champions" where veterans from previous tournaments fight each other, but for this one you'll need to use a fighter that hasn't fought in a tournament before.

Then I shall enter Vox tu Fistula.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
Horny is equipped and ready to squish people!

Jazzimus Prime
May 16, 2002

The Brothers Autobot

HerpicleOmnicron5 posted:

Then I shall enter Vox tu Fistula.

Vox tu Fistula has been given points and you may create the fighter's build on the site.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

my dad posted:

If I may boldly suggest making your posts stand out somehow? People might be skimming over since you're not the OP, just the master of the arena. :v:

After this test tournament, are we finally going to see a new thread with Jazz as the rightful OP?

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Vox/11 never forget

Bene Elim
Feb 9, 2010

The beast from Crete that can't be beat!

Spermy Smurf posted:

I may have had some help creating him. Hint: You.

Speaking of which... Who ran Thesus Bane and Dr Strangeglove final fights for the other tournaments? Can I get their macros? I want to test something... (2v1 vs LNTAC)

I think that was Vox who ran them. I can still get theseus' macro, and anchors can get Stranglelove's macro. Jazz could likely give you them through the site.

I'd love to see a champions vs LNTAC beatdown, but it's going to be far too one sided. You should put the champions next to each other and on opposing teams. Might make the fight slightly less lop-sided.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The ideology eater
Oct 20, 2010

IT'S GARBAGE DAY AT WENDY'S FUCK YEAH WE EATIN GOOD TONIGHT

Podima posted:

After this test tournament, are we finally going to see a new thread with Jazz as the rightful OP?

This might be a good idea since the thread was originally posted way back in 2011...

• Locked thread