Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe

The Vosgian Beast posted:

Koichi predates all the other Jojo characters, due to appearing in B.T.

Explain?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rodney mullenkamp
Nov 5, 2010

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
It wasn't me, B.T.!

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe

Oh, I thought you meant Battle Tendency

TNG
Jan 4, 2001

by Lowtax
In A Silent Way doesn't curse, so clearly Act 3 is the superior stand.

Koichi is one of the best characters in Part IV, since he starts off as this wiener who's terrified of everything to someone who defeats Kira in the mental game. And it's absolutely a believable journey. I think that's what makes it really one of the best realized characters arcs in all of JoJo. He doesn't benefit from an especially badass stand, bloodline, or plot hook, but he still delivers one of the most entertaining fights in the whole series and you actually feel like you've really come to know him.

Don't doubt the BEAST OF THE EAST!

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
We're getting red haired Vanilla Ice:

http://jojo-animation.com/contents/story/42.html

Soulcleaver
Sep 25, 2007

Murderer
Can't wait until the anime thread sees a roid-raging, bondage suit wearing, heart-encrusted vampire manservant named Vanilla Ice and (after the laughter ceases) realizes he's the most stone cold badass dude in all of Stardust Crusaders.

Araki is the best writer in all of existence.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
I wonder if they're going to end it on Avdol dying. I noticed they used the Magician's card in the episodes listing.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
Yes!  Yes!  Yes!  Yes!  Yes!

I can't wait to see Vanilla Ice kick rear end.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.

Kurtofan posted:

I wonder if they're going to end it on Avdol dying. I noticed they used the Magician's card in the episodes listing.

I really really hope they do. Cold cut ending, LAST TRAIN HOME CHOO CHOO.

Or surprise Roundabout.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Zeruel posted:

I really really hope they do. Cold cut ending, LAST TRAIN HOME CHOO CHOO.

Or surprise Roundabout.

If there's a Roundabout ending like Zeppeli one for all of the death cliffhangers I will die.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Soulcleaver posted:

Can't wait until the anime thread sees a roid-raging, bondage suit wearing, heart-encrusted vampire manservant named Vanilla Ice and (after the laughter ceases) realizes he's the most stone cold badass dude in all of Stardust Crusaders.

Araki is the best writer in all of existence.

I'm watching JJBA with a few friends, one of which is a spoiler hound that ended up finding out Vanilla Ice kills someone. So, I can't wait for him to see Avdol get erased this week and then his shock next week when Iggy gets his lungs kicked out.

Also, I'm not looking forward to watching Iggy get his lungs kicked out. :smith:

Blueberry Pancakes fucked around with this message at 15:42 on May 8, 2015

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

This episode delivers.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Did Avdol get creamed?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Yep.

Seriously, this episode is sensational in every single way.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

So apparently Vanilla Ice has the same voice acter as the Playstation game....and Pucci in ASB.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
I can't help but wonder if that scene of DIO reviving Vanilla Ice from death is supposed to be a religious nod to Lazarus.

Blueberry Pancakes fucked around with this message at 18:03 on May 8, 2015

StalkofWheat
Oct 10, 2012
drat I forgot that cream eats Avdol's arms too. Makes it all the more cruel.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Billie Jean is genius. Holy poo poo, Crunchyroll.

e: Chaos, it ends when Ice eats Avdol's arms and Polly says "you're lying".

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 18:17 on May 8, 2015

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Aurain posted:

Billie Jean is genius. Holy poo poo, Crunchyroll.

e: Chaos, it ends when Ice eats Avdol's arms and Polly says "you're lying".

Gotcha, just wondering how much Vanilla Ice we were due for this week. Not much, apparently. :v:

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I can't help but wonder if that scene of DIO reviving Vanilla Ice from death is supposed to be a religious nod to Lazarus.

Well we do have DIO (god), The Son (Giorno), and the Holy Spirits (Stands).

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

ChaosArgate posted:

Gotcha, just wondering how much Vanilla Ice we were due for this week. Not much, apparently. :v:

I think based on the PV that Iggy dies and we might even get the fight wrapped up next week, and the week after that is probably Polnareff watching the spirits/Suzy Q and the start of DIO's World.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

We still have 6 chapters to go, so it will probably be like D'arby where the end of the fight bleeds into the next episode.

I'm kind of hoping that we get more Suzie Q filler so we can have an entire breather episode before DIO.

Kurtofan posted:

That seems awfully fast, I expected next week to be episode 2 and then the third part of the fight in an episode called "Suzy Q go see her daughter".

Yeah this.

Kaiser Mazoku fucked around with this message at 18:25 on May 8, 2015

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
That seems awfully fast, I expect next week to be episode 2 and then the third part of the fight in an episode called "Suzy Q go see her daughter".

Kurtofan fucked around with this message at 18:28 on May 8, 2015

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

I'm expecting the fight to go up to Iggy's death next week, wrapping it up and then doing Suzy Q's stuff the week after with DIO's World being a 3 parter, splitting at Kakyoin's death, then Joseph getting drained.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
This fight is gonna bleed into a third episode.

FeedingHam2Cats
Nov 10, 2009

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

We still have 6 chapters to go, so it will probably be like D'arby where the end of the fight bleeds into the next episode.

I'm kind of hoping that we get more Suzie Q filler so we can have an entire breather episode before DIO.

My guess is they'll finish the fight in two weeks, have the Suzie Q chapter, and finish the episode with "It's been a while, Polnareff"

MelvinBison
Nov 17, 2012

"Is this the ideal world that you envisioned?"
"I guess you could say that."

Pillbug
This episode is great. BT is great. Everything is great.
e. Except Avdol dying. :smith:

MelvinBison fucked around with this message at 18:40 on May 8, 2015

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Kurtofan posted:

Vanilla Ice has almost the same number of chapters than the D'arby the player fight and is very different from the OVA version.

11 is quite a lot more than 8 when it comes to converting them to these episodes, and D'Arby is dialogue heavy where Ice goes 4 or 5 pages at one point without a word being said, and one or two regularly.

e: I've quoted you in here because talking about how long the fight is in the anime thread seems wrong to me.

http://iwao1.tumblr.com/post/118455589355/abdul-was-going-to-take-polnareff-on-a-date

Tumblr begins

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 18:57 on May 8, 2015

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Ah, I forgot that D'Arby was more than a full volume.

Edit: your link doesn't work.

Kurtofan fucked around with this message at 19:55 on May 8, 2015

FeedingHam2Cats
Nov 10, 2009

Actually yeah I bet they finish the fight up next week.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Beef Waifu posted:

This fight is gonna bleed into a third episode.

theres gonna be a whole lotta bleedin

Ekusukariba
Oct 11, 2012

Aurain posted:

11 is quite a lot more than 8 when it comes to converting them to these episodes, and D'Arby is dialogue heavy where Ice goes 4 or 5 pages at one point without a word being said, and one or two regularly.

e: I've quoted you in here because talking about how long the fight is in the anime thread seems wrong to me.

http://iwao1.tumblr.com/post/118455589355/abdul-was-going-to-take-polnareff-on-a-date

Tumblr begins

So the link is dead but someone posted this somewhere else and its the same name so probably what the link was

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

The Last Train Home has left the station :getin:

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Waffleman_ posted:

The Last Train Home has left the station :getin:
People are gonna be loving destroyed by Kakyoin's final moments.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

choo choo motherfuckers time to cry

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
This is the Red Wedding drawn out to a terrible length.

I mean that in a good way.

FeedingHam2Cats
Nov 10, 2009

Moltrey posted:

People are gonna be loving destroyed by Kakyoin's final moments.

The part where Polnareff sees a vision of Avdol and Iggy ascending into heaven and then he goes to try and fight DIO alone and it just cuts to an image of Polnareff's loving tears falling into his hands is gonna mess me up

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

FeedingHam2Cats posted:

The part where Polnareff sees a vision of Avdol and Iggy ascending into heaven and then he goes to try and fight DIO alone and it just cuts to an image of Polnareff's loving tears falling into his hands is gonna mess me up
I...I don't remember this at all....oh god...

I know for sure that Kakyoin thanking Jotaro and co for being his first ever friends and then saying goodbye to his parents is what's gonna get me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

basically the rest of the episodes left are going to gently caress with the anime viewers hard

• Locked thread