Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
I played since WC1, which was originally going to be a Warhams Fantasy Battle game before some drama happened. It was fun at the time and the art can still be considered decent but it immediately became unplayable when WC2 and C&C came out. You could only control 4 units at a time and the game pace was dreadfully slow. Multiplayer was only 1v1 as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

This post probably contains a Rickroll link!

I said come in! posted:

Warcraft 2 was my first real Blizzard title, but I bought the warchest edition that came with Warcraft I, but I didn't play that until later. Then I got into Diablo, and then Starcraft and then Warcraft III. I had thought from the start actually that you could make an awesome RPG out of Warcraft III's graphics engine, low and behold that's exactly what ended up happening, except it was a lovely MMO instead.

Warcraft 3 was originally going to be a cool RPG/RTS hybrid, with a lot more RPG elements than it ended up with. I assume that changed when they decided to make WoW and turned Warcraft 3 into a setup for that instead.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica
I still can't believe that they're making a WoW movie. I thought that after the one-two punch of Scott Pilgrim and Tron: Legacy the big studios realized that targeting nerds never works out because they just :filez: everything.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Sleeveless posted:

I still can't believe that they're making a WoW movie. I thought that after the one-two punch of Scott Pilgrim and Tron: Legacy the big studios realized that targeting nerds never works out because they just :filez: everything.

Ooh poo poo, I completely forgot this is coming out next year. I'm actually pretty excited for this film.

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

An RSS feed bot who makes questionable purchasing decisions.
Pillbug
Warcraft Ii was even awesome installing

http://youtu.be/q_A1GNx0M9M

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

I said come in! posted:

Ooh poo poo, I completely forgot this is coming out next year. I'm actually pretty excited for this film.

I really like Duncan Jones' other movies so I hope it's good, but I'm expecting the worst. At the very least Clancy Brown is an orc chieftain and that's some perfect casting.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

Sleeveless posted:

They made for enjoyable movies so I am not going to complain. If the Alamo theaters here don't serve hot pockets at the opening for WoW, I'll be slightly disappointed though.

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

remember the mmo

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

bloodychill posted:

They made for enjoyable movies so I am not going to complain. If the Alamo theaters here don't serve hot pockets at the opening for WoW, I'll be slightly disappointed though.
I don't think they're going to screen this. There's no basement at the Alamo.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

Hog Inspector posted:

remember the mmo

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

apparently leaked that sony will announced a new medievil for ps4 at e3

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
Skeleton Souls?

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
I loved MediEvil so I'm excited. Too bad I'll never see a new Colony Wars though.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
The Medievil thing is real? Please yes.

hubris.height posted:

Skeleton Souls?

Everything Souls.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

FactsAreUseless posted:

I don't think they're going to screen this. There's no basement at the Alamo.

RIP Phil Hartman.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Excels posted:

isn't it easier to just assume WoW is non-canon? Why would anyone honestly think of it that way, it's impossible for such a fragmented thing to constitute a "timeline"

But even WoW contradicts itself all the time. They keep changing their mind about poo poo, from major to minor, and not following up on things they set up.

It's like if in the new Star Wars they talked about that time Chewbacca and Elkot (the space elf they retconned into being part of the original story) blew up the first death star. It's like, even a basic dumb escapist story needs to feel coherent.

Stux posted:

apparently leaked that sony will announced a new medievil for ps4 at e3

So that's 2 games on the PS4.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Your plastic pal who's fun to be with!
PS4 will have a good library.... in 2016, when things finally loving come out on it

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon
What, you don't like uprez Ubisoft/EA garbage?

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
EDF 4.1 is the only rerelease worth buying

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
A new MediEvil could be really cool, unless its being made by Naughty Dog

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

theultimo posted:

Warcraft Ii was even awesome installing

http://youtu.be/q_A1GNx0M9M

How come older games had to do this? I always remember this being the hardest part of installing any game on DOS or Windows 95.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Broseph Brostar posted:

A new MediEvil could be really cool, unless its being made by Naughty Dog

Probably not Naughty Dog since they are still working on Uncharted 4.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Your plastic pal who's fun to be with!
Medievil 3 is being developed by Santa Monica studios and Guerilla Cambridge

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Excels posted:

Medievil 3 is being developed by Santa Monica studios and Guerilla Cambridge

So that's Guerilla's new game? I had heard a rumor that it was a whole new I.P. they were working on. Just as long as Killzone doesn't come back.

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

An RSS feed bot who makes questionable purchasing decisions.
Pillbug

I said come in! posted:

How come older games had to do this? I always remember this being the hardest part of installing any game on DOS or Windows 95.

Before Windows 95, you had to manage IRQ settings manually, usually with hardware switches. like the well known SET BLASTER A220 I5 line in autoexec.bat, Dos IRQ conflicts with mouse, cd rom, printer, video card, etc would happen and freeze your machine. Nowadays it's automatically fixed, but back then in the Dos days it was a minefield troubleshooting every game.

and that's not including memory issues, that's a whole different story.

E: here's a bunch of info

http://www.pchell.com/hardware/irqs.shtml

theultimo fucked around with this message at 16:26 on May 8, 2015

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
oh god i forgot about IRQ stuff

program666
Aug 22, 2013

A giant carnivorous dinosaur
I recall not liking that the IRQ would be automatically assigned since I felt like windows would gently caress that up, so I preferred doing it myself.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

hubris.height posted:

Skeleton Souls?

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
im back in action and im redy to gently caress people up over the internet

sandworms
Sep 22, 2010

ThePhenomenalBaby posted:

Too bad I'll never see a new Colony Wars though.

I think about this sometimes and wonder "Am I the only one?"

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

this is horrifying

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

hubris.height posted:

this is horrifying
It would be a good Zombor when they finally do that 3-d remake of Chrono Trigger.

RoanHorse
Dec 12, 2013

All the voice acting will be done by one person, pitch-shifted to match the appearance of each character.
But the dialogue won't change based on the members of your party

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
i don't think i've ever had a game crash as much as Dragon Age:Origins while also running perfectly.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
I tried playing Soul Reaver on a MadCatz Dreamcast steering wheel/pedal combo tonight. Everything worked but moving forwards and backwards. :saddowns:

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
How many generations have we been hearing this same marketing spin?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBzUHk_D3z0

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

Cardboard Box A posted:

How many generations have we been hearing this same marketing spin?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBzUHk_D3z0

I never realized how similar the T1000 or whatever is to Wesker

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
Why does the Jason X Mortal Kombat X DLC look so lackluster?

http://www.gametrailers.com/videos/g4l9ej/mortal-kombat-x-jason-voorhees-gameplay

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy
nevermind

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Adam Bowen posted:

I never played Witcher 2 and I don't have time for a 60 hour game so I'm skipping Witcher 3 for now. Goondolences

You are very cool, my man.

• Locked thread