Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

I will break my "don't give money to GW" rule when Alpharius and some cool Alpha Legion stuff comes out. It will only be to paint but I will still feel dirty.
:sigh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

I will break my "don't give money to GW" rule

:stare:

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

I will break my "don't give money to GW" rule when Alpharius and some cool Alpha Legion stuff comes out. It will only be to paint but I will still feel dirty.

But the Alpha Legion was just announced and already has some stuff out :confused:

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

berzerkmonkey posted:

I have a feeling that BA stuff won't be out until the Siege of Terra, as I think that is their only real big engagement, especially with Ka'bandha and Sanguninus' fight. I think the White Scars will show up at this time as well.
This has me wondering when Dark Angels are going to be released. I think they do a lot of clean-up on the way to Terra, but other than that there's... that drawn out thing with the Night Lords? Uh, and that mini-Imperium the Ultramarines set up, I guess. Are they even going to bother covering that?

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

All I wanna do is make you bounce
I imagine that Imperium Secundus will be covered in the next book - isn't it all about the Shadow Crusade? If so, Secundus is pretty much the end state of that conflict, so it would seem natural to include something there.

Sulecrist
Apr 5, 2007

Better tear off this bar association logo.
I really like Ultramarines and those models are sweet, but they don't speak to me. Unless Guilliman is blindingly magnificent, I'll be doing Sons of Horus.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
They'll probably throw the Dark Angels in with Signus Prime, they've only got one legion there. Either than or make up a new event where the Dark Angels and White Scars team up to finish off the legions.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
Hi I havent played this game in years, but I have an entire wall of it in my house. (sigh) I'm assuming its all invalid and nerfed beyond usefulness, and that the places to go play are still grognarded out to hell.. but Hi! anyone want any dark angels stuff?

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

The bonds of blood transcend all others.
But no blood runs stronger than that of Sanguinius
Grimey Drawer

LiquidCatnip posted:

Hi I havent played this game in years, but I have an entire wall of it in my house. (sigh) I'm assuming its all invalid and nerfed beyond usefulness, and that the places to go play are still grognarded out to hell.. but Hi! anyone want any dark angels stuff?

Paging Stanyer89 to the thread. Stanyer89 please report to the 40k thread.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

LiquidCatnip posted:

Most, if not all of the stuff is still useable. My Ultramarines army is built using 2nd ed models and it still does pretty good.

Those HH Ultramarines are loving sweet. If I do 30k it'll definitely be Ultramarines, or if I do a modern 40k army it'll be those very same models. In short:

Moola posted:

I like Ultras and I don't care who knows it

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Hey guys, I've not been following the game closely, but I just saw something that confused me.

Are there 2 Ad-Mech codexes or something? What's the story there?

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
Sigh, I just spent way too much money in 4-5-6th edition and i'll never get it painted or have time to play mostly.. too big an army i think.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Fix posted:

Hey guys, I've not been following the game closely, but I just saw something that confused me.

Are there 2 Ad-Mech codexes or something? What's the story there?

They have two mini codices. One got released with Skitarii and some other stuff, the other is getting released with Electro Priests and big stompy robots. They're Armies of the Imperium so they can ally pretty freely. They were released that way so GW could keep up with its rapid release schedule and not put out rules without models. Also so they could sell two cheaper books instead of one big one.

Honestly I wish they were one book just because that's more convenient, I don't even carry about the cost that much.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Didn't the Skitarii one just come out? They seriously put out two books because they couldn't wait a couple months?

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Fix posted:

Didn't the Skitarii one just come out? They seriously put out two books because they couldn't wait a couple months?

The other book isn't out yet

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
There is also rumoured to be an Adeptus Mechanicus book coming later that combines them.

Doctor Borris
May 29, 2014

Sometimes Serious.
Sometimes Satirical.
Never Ever Sarcastic.
Ever.
To be fair, selling cheaper codexes and making people buy 2 or 3 times as many sounds pretty rad from the perspective of making money selling codexes.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Gapey Joe Stalin posted:

There is also rumoured to be an Adeptus Mechanicus book coming later that combines them.
Yeah, that's rumored and I really hope it's true, just for the sake of juggling one less book.

Naramyth
Jan 22, 2009

Australia cares about cunts. Including this one.
I'm getting an idea and want to make plastic sisters again since I need to make a minimum of 4 melta, 2 combi, and 4 bolter models, and maybe St. Celestine. What's out there that is worth a drat? I've seen some guardian/warrior conversions but I'm not super sold on that.

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010

Same problem as the Mortis: there are laws of proportion. Since his head is so big he doesn't look like a giant demon that could step on humans but rather a demon dog thing that is in a much larger scale.

I tried to find an image that illustrates this and failed. I found this thingy, I like how it fixes the chicken legs that Terminators have but it introduces a new problem: impossible pelvis.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Post 9-11 User posted:

Same problem as the Mortis: there are laws of proportion. Since his head is so big he doesn't look like a giant demon that could step on humans but rather a demon dog thing that is in a much larger scale.

I tried to find an image that illustrates this and failed. I found this thingy, I like how it fixes the chicken legs that Terminators have but it introduces a new problem: impossible pelvis.

The dude inside's on stilts, obviously.

Rulebook Heavily
Sep 18, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Naramyth posted:

I'm getting an idea and want to make plastic sisters again since I need to make a minimum of 4 melta, 2 combi, and 4 bolter models, and maybe St. Celestine. What's out there that is worth a drat? I've seen some guardian/warrior conversions but I'm not super sold on that.

Dreamforge's Valkir Assault Troops with head and weapon swaps are a very nice alternative.

A blog talking about this conversion, with WIP shots: http://www.belloflostsouls.net/2015/02/plastic-sisters-wait.html

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Naramyth posted:

Maybe Dreamforge plastics with different helmets? http://dreamforge-games.com/products/eisenkern-panzerjagers-10-female-tank-hunters

They may also end up doing female versions of their not-space marines http://dreamforge-games.com/products/eisenkern-valkir-heavy-trooper

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
sisters are a cool army i think i still have a cool exorcist launcher conversion thats been a wip for eh... only about 5 years..

Strength of Many
Jan 13, 2012

The butthurt is the life... and it shall be mine.

Post 9-11 User posted:

Terminators have always had issues with their torsos being way too short. The only ones that fixed it are Tartaros Pattern and Grey Knight Terminators, to an extent.

Look at the old metal ones, they're even worse about it. Or hell, Abaddon. That guy's model is so loving bad on multiple levels and all of them exemplify what is/was wrong with Terminator models.

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010

Where are the TITS? #Misandry #WeWantBattleBikinis

My favorite 40k concept art is this Iron Warriors sketch that was posted in their Chapter Approved rules:

They look loving exhausted. It shows that even SPEHSS MARINES!!! have limits, giving them some depth beyond invincible inhuman boner guys. The fortress in the background has absolutely no detail to it, so maybe they fought to the breaking point to win a hollow victory against some location that had no value to the human race. Maybe they missed one space taxes payment two centuries ago and some clerk transmitted the order to the Iron Warriors to crush them.

I like finding hard scifi elements in this game of Space Goblins piloting suicide missiles.

SRM posted:

The dude inside's on stilts, obviously.

As dumb as Centurions are I wouldn't mind Terminators following their lead in a sense. No Guy In Power Armor Standing In A Power Lifter crap, but when the suit is so big it's called Tactical Dreadnaught Armor, your feet probably can't reach the bottom of it, and what if something goes wrong with the servos? Do you really want your ankle to be at the point of actuation if the thing breaks? That might hurt. A lot.

Strength of Many: dang, Tartaros Patterns fix it pretty well. But they need MORE SUPPLIES!!!

BRUVA, HAVE NO FEAR, I HAVE PIZZA ROLLS FOR EVERYONE!

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

LiquidCatnip posted:

sisters are a cool army i think i still have a cool exorcist launcher conversion thats been a wip for eh... only about 5 years..

Coolest thing I saw was someone modified a Baneblade with pvc pipe to have an elaborately huge organ to make a massive exorcist.

Eggplant Squire fucked around with this message at 18:11 on May 8, 2015

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Post 9-11 User posted:

Strength of Many: dang, Tartaros Patterns fix it pretty well. But they need MORE SUPPLIES!!!

BRUVA, HAVE NO FEAR, I HAVE PIZZA ROLLS FOR EVERYONE!

This tacticool Terminator is gonna bring orange slices for the entire soccer team.

Naramyth
Jan 22, 2009

Zark the Damned posted:

Maybe Dreamforge plastics with different helmets? http://dreamforge-games.com/products/eisenkern-panzerjagers-10-female-tank-hunters

They may also end up doing female versions of their not-space marines http://dreamforge-games.com/products/eisenkern-valkir-heavy-trooper

Rulebook Heavily posted:

Dreamforge's Valkir Assault Troops with head and weapon swaps are a very nice alternative.

A blog talking about this conversion, with WIP shots: http://www.belloflostsouls.net/2015/02/plastic-sisters-wait.html

Excellent. I was thinking of that exact conversion but I couldn't find the blog.

Naramyth
Jan 22, 2009

DOUBLE POST

Midseason poll is up!

https://www.frontlinegaming.org/2015/05/08/itc-2015-mid-season-update-poll-results-are-in/

No CtA, 3 detachments, D and stomps nerfed, eldar bikes unchanged

Naramyth fucked around with this message at 19:54 on May 8, 2015

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Sulecrist posted:

I really like Ultramarines and those models are sweet, but they don't speak to me. Unless Guilliman is blindingly magnificent, I'll be doing Sons of Horus.

He looks like hes going to be ace and im very excited to paint this one

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

serious gaylord posted:

He looks like hes going to be ace and im very excited to paint this one

That is awesome. I can't wait to see you paint it up.

It's kind of sad that with all of the Character Series releases, the models that I like best are Polux, Sevetar, and Typhus. I'm not liking any of the Primarchs as much as I think I should. :(

TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

Did I ever tell you my favorite color was blue?
Giving some serious thought to buying those Forgeworld Ultramarines and using them as veterans once I catch up on the ridiculous amount of poo poo on my painting table...

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

berzerkmonkey posted:

That is awesome. I can't wait to see you paint it up.

It's kind of sad that with all of the Character Series releases, the models that I like best are Polux, Sevetar, and Typhus. I'm not liking any of the Primarchs as much as I think I should. :(

Im weirdly of the opposite. I like the Sevatar model, and Pollux is a really interesting figure to paint, but I dont have any real urge to do them. I'll probably come back to Sevatar, I think him coming out so close to Curze is whats put me off doing another Night Lord.

Stanyer89
Aug 4, 2012

Was looking over the ITC FAQ rules trying to find the new ranged D weapon ruling making 6's not an insta death anymore but something like instant 2 hp/wounds like they decided to implement and found some clarification for Blood Angels players like myself who use Angel’s Fury Spearhead Force Formation. I also found some useful information for my local group of "friends".

Blood Angels:

1. A Teleport Homer must start the turn on the table in order to utilize the Augur Triangulation special rule.

2. Augur Triangulation can still be used by a model with a Teleport Homer that is aboard a Transport (measure range from the hull of the Transport in this case).

3. A unit arriving embarked upon a Transport that has the Assault Vehicle special rule also benefits from the ability to charge that same turn.

Number two was the biggest argument I have seen around the interweb, glad they decided in favor of the BA.

Chariots:

1. When a model is involved in a challenge against a Character riding a Chariot, they may choose to attack either the rider or Chariot as usual.

Wave Snakes:

1. A Wave Serpent’s Serpent Shield is a weapon and may be destroyed by a Weapon Destroyed result on the vehicle damage chart. Note that this destroys both the Serpent Shield’s offensive and defensive abilities.

2. When fired, a Wave Serpent’s Serpent Shield has an arc of sight as pictured to the right (the entire grey area).

Imperial Knights:

1. Refer to the picture to the right for determining the armour facings on an Imperial Knight.

Still can't find the new post with the modified range D weapon table. It's somewhere on their site...

Edit: @Naramyth you find the provided table?

AbusePuppy
Nov 1, 2012

BEST DAY OF MY LIFE!!!!!! so far.

Naramyth posted:

DOUBLE POST

Midseason poll is up!

https://www.frontlinegaming.org/2015/05/08/itc-2015-mid-season-update-poll-results-are-in/

No CtA, 3 detachments, D and stomps nerfed, eldar bikes unchanged

I feel alright about this, overall. Scatter Bikes are... well, they're dumb, but it remains to be seen just how dumb they are. Wave Serpents were dumb, too, but we lived with those for quite a while. And, unlike Serpents, Bikes are a lot easier to tone down in casual armies (just don't take every gun!) I'm not a fan of the Stomp thing, as I think there's better ways they could've handled it, but it's hardly an unreasonable change given the new-and-cheaper Stomp options in the form of Wraithknight and Knight Gallant. Still wish they would allow CtA allies, because I feel like it's a pretty needless restriction that kills some very flavorful armies, but whatever I guess.

That bike vote was crazy-close, though; eight vote difference with over 1500 cast, yikes.

Stanyer89 posted:

Was looking over the ITC FAQ rules trying to find the new ranged D weapon ruling making 6's not an insta death anymore but something like instant 2 hp/wounds like they decided to implement and found some clarification for Blood Angels players like myself who use Angel’s Fury Spearhead Force Formation. I also found some useful information for my local group of "friends".

*deletia*

Still can't find the new post with the modified range D weapon table. It's somewhere on their site...

Do keep in mind that several of the things you reference are rules changes, not just clarifications, so you'll want to confirm with your local playgroup that you're using the ITC rulings. I find that, more and more, people are doing so because it's simply a lot easier than arguing out every little detail and makes the game more accessible to folks from outside each individual local area, but it's far from universal at this point.

The modified Str D table isn't appended to things yet, I'm pretty sure, as the poll just finished this morning. If you weren't sure, though, the 2-5 result is d2 HP/wounds to the model (saves as normal) and the 6 result is an automatic two wounds, no saves of any kind allowed. The poll also had Str D not causing Instant Death as though it were Str 10 anymore, although I don't know if that part is confirmed yet.

AbusePuppy fucked around with this message at 20:32 on May 8, 2015

Naramyth
Jan 22, 2009

AbusePuppy posted:

I feel alright about this, overall. Scatter Bikes are... well, they're dumb, but it remains to be seen just how dumb they are. Wave Serpents were dumb, too, but we lived with those for quite a while. And, unlike Serpents, Bikes are a lot easier to tone down in casual armies (just don't take every gun!) I'm not a fan of the Stomp thing, as I think there's better ways they could've handled it, but it's hardly an unreasonable change given the new-and-cheaper Stomp options in the form of Wraithknight and Knight Gallant. Still wish they would allow CtA allies, because I feel like it's a pretty needless restriction that kills some very flavorful armies, but whatever I guess.

I'm with you overall except I'm glad stomp got changed, making it LoS is pretty cool (although I guess they could have done 6 results go to closest model like everything else in the game) but even if it was like that I'd still like to LoS.

That change with the new knight book making everything them all LoW slots will really kill knight detachments which makes a couple of my friends super happy.

I'm bumped I can't do CtA though. Summoning is so fun, even though a blob with pods is more consistent. :(

TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

Did I ever tell you my favorite color was blue?
I am to married to the fluff to think CtA is anything but retarded minus some really ridiculous conversion.

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich

AbusePuppy posted:

That bike vote was crazy-close, though; eight vote difference with over 1500 cast, yikes.

They went too far. Why would you completely restrict the change that was made? They might as well have just said that all the Distort weapons the Eldar got instead follow the 6th edition rules. If the option would have been 2 of 3 bikes may take a heavy weapon the result would have likely been overwhelming.

Im very happy about the 3 detachment ruling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stanyer89
Aug 4, 2012

AbusePuppy posted:

Do keep in mind that several of the things you reference are rules changes, not just clarifications, so you'll want to confirm with your local playgroup that you're using the ITC rulings. I find that, more and more, people are doing so because it's simply a lot easier than arguing out every little detail and makes the game more accessible to folks from outside each individual local area, but it's far from universal at this point.

The modified Str D table isn't appended to things yet, I'm pretty sure, as the poll just finished this morning. If you weren't sure, though, the 2-5 result is d2 HP/wounds to the model (saves as normal) and the 6 result is an automatic two wounds, no saves of any kind allowed. The poll also had Str D not causing Instant Death as though it were Str 10 anymore, although I don't know if that part is confirmed yet.

Yes I noticed they are possible rule changes (if you follow ITC ruling) but some things like serpent shields being destroy-able weapons and their firing arc were neat things to see actually be addressed.

Edit: To also include if the Teleport homers have to be on foot and out of the Storm Ravens, or not, for the Spearhead formation.

Stanyer89 fucked around with this message at 20:56 on May 8, 2015

• Locked thread