Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

It's beautiful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

ahahahaha

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

Hahaha holy poo poo yes get in

e; vvv :vince:

Ms Adequate fucked around with this message at 17:00 on May 6, 2015

Pikestaff
Feb 17, 2013

Came here to bark at you

This is truly magical

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Amazing :golfclap:

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Thanks guys, I just hosed up six hours of work in the creation kit, and that cheered me right the hell up.

With :vivecstare:, I can even hear the Morrowind dunmer voice saying "...The gently caress is this, outlander?"

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Holy poo poo I JUST noticed the earrings :lol:

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Truly another example of superior Dunmer craftsmanship

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

Someone make a playable Vivec mod for Skyrim, tia

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

there's Trainwiz's Vivec follower that you can marry if you want

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=217084721

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.
Trainwiz is a national treasure.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

Mzbundifund posted:

Trainwiz is a national treasure.

National, heck. He's a global treasure.

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Seven for beauty that blossoms and dies

Now there's a mod I'd pay for.

Zoe
Jan 19, 2007
Hair Elf
But how can Vivec be in Skyrim when his soul was last seen sitting with some other miscellaneous knickknacks on a desk in Balmora?

Atrayonis
Jul 6, 2008

Godspeed, brave canary
It's CHIM, obviously.

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?
A dragon break did it

Pikestaff
Feb 17, 2013

Came here to bark at you

Atrayonis posted:

It's CHIM, obviously.

WanderingMinstrel I posted:

A dragon break did it

Throw in "The Hist did it" and we have the top three reasons anything happens in The Elder Scrolls

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I tried out that jungle mod for Oblivion and it just looks like rear end.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro
I always play a skeevey looking dunmer thief who's based on Tom Waits and a no nonsense female Breton knight who hates all magic.

TresTristesTigres
Feb 14, 2013

Posts from UnDeR9R0Und

Rough Lobster posted:

I always play a skeevey looking dunmer thief who's based on Tom Waits

*ear pressed to Heart Chamber door* What's he building in there

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Hey, could one of you greater-lore-nerds-than-I let me know if this scenario I'm working on as part of the mod I'm making is lore-consistent:

A Daedric prince helps the Dragonborn stop an attempt to unmake the world because he doesn't want his plane to be overrun by the immortal forms of all the people on Nirn. Would the immortal forms wander oblivion if Nirn was unmade, or would they go somewhere else, or am I just totally misunderstanding this?

Double spoiler: it's Jyggalag. "I've just gotten this place in order, Dragonborn. Can't have the immortal spirits of a bunch on Nirn hicks trashing the place!"

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

Agents are GO! posted:

Hey, could one of you greater-lore-nerds-than-I let me know if this scenario I'm working on as part of the mod I'm making is lore-consistent:

A Daedric prince helps the Dragonborn stop an attempt to unmake the world because he doesn't want his plane to be overrun by the immortal forms of all the people on Nirn. Would the immortal forms wander oblivion if Nirn was unmade, or would they go somewhere else, or am I just totally misunderstanding this?

Double spoiler: it's Jyggalag. "I've just gotten this place in order, Dragonborn. Can't have the immortal spirits of a bunch on Nirn hicks trashing the place!"

It is my understanding that most mortals went to Aetherius when they become spirits. I'm not sure if the world being "unmade" in your scenario would result in conventional death, though. Also, why am I spoiling this? Because it's fun. That's why :mad:

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

FutonForensic posted:

It is my understanding that most mortals went to Aetherius when they become spirits. I'm not sure if the world being "unmade" in your scenario would result in conventional death, though. Also, why am I spoiling this? Because it's fun. That's why :mad:

Im talking about unmaking in the sense that the Thalmor and the Dwemer were aiming for, returning things to the way they were before Mundus was created.

Youre right, this is fun.

Unbelievably Fat Man
Jun 1, 2000

Innocent people. I could never hurt innocent people.

Unless I miss something, the Thalmor's plan is to unmake everything, Nirn, Oblivion, Aetherius, everything, the past, the future, all time, forever. No reason there couldn't be a Thalmor splinter group that has a subtly different goal, though.

delta534
Sep 2, 2011
The Thalmor's plan is less unmake everything and more unmaking Mundus and returning things how they were before,in their minds, Lorkhan screwed things up with the creation of Mundus. Oblivion and Aetherius would not be unmade since they are separate realms.

raminasi
Jan 25, 2005

a last drink with no ice
There isn't exactly any canonical precedent for anything like that, and in TES lore, "precedent" is kind of a squishy subject anyway, so I'd say you can do what you like. As long as your mod execution isn't stupid I'm sure you can get away whatever, especially if you sprinkle in some "Daedric princes work in mysterious ways" possibilities (a la how the "Nerevarine" might have been nothing more than a long con by Azura). Plus, people can be wrong about things and still cause problems (e.g. Mankar Cameron).

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)
It's not an impossible idea, depending on your belief. Most mortals believe their souls go to Aetherius, apart from the Argonians who believe that their souls return to the Hist for reincarnation, and a few other cultures.

Resurrections are exceedingly rare in TES, and I don't think any ghosts have come back FROM wherever the dead go.

Atrayonis
Jul 6, 2008

Godspeed, brave canary
That, hm, is an interesting scenario.

In general I'd agree with delta534, but Mundus is is held up by the eight corpses of the Aedra and Oblivion is the "empty" space between the spokes. As far as I know - but I think this is not explicitely stated - Oblivion also didn't exist before the Aedra died. If Mundus is actually unmade it could very well be that Oblivion dissolves back into Aetherius as well.

In any case, I'd say while "the immortal hicks of Nirn" is a bit of a misnomer, the concern is sound.

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006
You could always write in that your theory is Jyggalag's theory and it turns out to be completely wrong.

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

All this talk really wants me to play SI again.

TheShrike
Oct 30, 2010

You mechs may have copper wiring to re-route your fear of pain, but I've got nerves of steel.
What's with all these spoilers? Most of them are incomprehensible to a regular ES dude, and the expansion was released like almost a decade ago at that.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
I wish that guy making the new faces for each race in Morrowind would hurry up and add new hairs. It's the one thing holding me back from installing them because they look really nice but they clash hard with the early 2000's hair from vanilla Morrowind.

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

Mostly to be fun, the spoilers were for a mod in development.

Also gently caress you for making me feel old :smith:

Moryrie
Sep 24, 2012

SunAndSpring posted:

I wish that guy making the new faces for each race in Morrowind would hurry up and add new hairs. It's the one thing holding me back from installing them because they look really nice but they clash hard with the early 2000's hair from vanilla Morrowind.

He has done some. They're just standalone. This person has refitted some hair to fit those heads, but nords are excluded so far. And there's also these.

edit: Also, here's the female bosmer heads that sorta match the set. which only leaves the beast races, and the male bosmer to be totally mismatched for now.

Moryrie fucked around with this message at 01:38 on May 15, 2015

Silent Linguist
Jun 10, 2009

Back in the Morrowind thread, I think someone mentioned a spell that's really cheap to make but makes you practically invulnerable. Does that ring a bell for anyone? I'm playing for the first time in a while and I can't remember any of the old tricks.

ambient oatmeal
Jun 23, 2012

Silent Linguist posted:

Back in the Morrowind thread, I think someone mentioned a spell that's really cheap to make but makes you practically invulnerable. Does that ring a bell for anyone? I'm playing for the first time in a while and I can't remember any of the old tricks.

Probably Sanctuary, it lowers the percent chance to hit by however many points the spell is.

Mountaineer
Aug 29, 2008

Imagine a rod breaking on a robot face - forever
Probably the Soultrap Glitch which lets you apply permanent buffs to yourself with cheap spells.

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.
Could also be something to drain your own skill by 100 for one second, letting you buy permanent boosts to your skill ranks from any trainer for like 10 gold per rank.

Morrowind had a lot of potential exploits.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
I imagine all you need to do is go to spell creation a faff about for a bit and it will all come back to you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silent Linguist
Jun 10, 2009

Mountaineer posted:

Probably the Soultrap Glitch which lets you apply permanent buffs to yourself with cheap spells.

I think this is the one. Thanks!