Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ronya
Nov 8, 2010

I'm the normal one.

You hate ridden fucks will regret your words when you eventually grow up.

Peace.
right, time to vanish from chat. PM me or something if you want to discuss it, comrade lenin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
scotland turns entirely yellow

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

zoux posted:

So what was so inept about Milliband

Imagine if a close associate of the people who put all the bad banking practices in place tried to reinvent themselves as a populist.

Waaaaaaait... oh poo poo :ohdear:

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

liz is the open secret ruler of the world

RBC
Nov 23, 2007

IM STILL SPENDING MONEY FROM 1888

ReidRansom posted:

if the internet is to be believed — and i don't see any reason why it shouldn't — the british crown is at the head of everything. top of the pyramid

yes that is literally what the british constituion says

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

Badger of Basra posted:

also, how ridiculous would it be for a world leader to be named justin

a third of the world worships a dude named josh

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

ReidRansom posted:

liz is the open secret ruler of the world

we could do worse i guess

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill
ok so if the tories are basically democrats, but the labour party are still center-left, then that just makes the democrats center-right and the gop far-right and as im typing this everything makes more sense

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

can britain do anything right

like even their villains don't seem particularly well thought out

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx
getting your car serviced at the dealership is expensive as gently caress

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
otoh we could also do so much better

:swoon:

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

ReidRansom posted:

if the internet is to be believed — and i don't see any reason why it shouldn't — the british crown is at the head of everything. top of the pyramid

Really? I always thought it was that eye thing.

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

comes along bort posted:

getting your car serviced at the dealership is expensive as gently caress

in my experience ive been hosed over more price and quality wise by independent garages

RBC
Nov 23, 2007

IM STILL SPENDING MONEY FROM 1888

nutranurse posted:

in my experience ive been hosed over more price and quality wise by independent garages

Lord Choldswith commands you to support local business

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

paranoid randroid posted:

otoh we could also do so much better

:swoon:

is the bhutanese monarchy as inbred as the british one? judging by that picture i would say "no"

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

nutranurse posted:

if it wasn't for still being under warranty i'd do this poo poo myself

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

You look like you're still raking it in. Still killing 'em?

nutranurse posted:

ok so if the tories are basically democrats, but the labour party are still center-left, then that just makes the democrats center-right and the gop far-right and as im typing this everything makes more sense

yeah you got it

lol if you think the monarchy has power

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

miliband couldn't get the left's enthusiasm, couldn't convince the lib dem/tory voters and lost scotland because of the no campaign. and so he lost to david loving cameron

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

nutranurse posted:

is the bhutanese monarchy as inbred as the british one? judging by that picture i would say "no"

cleopatra was inbred as all hell and was hot enough to convince 2 of the most powerful men in history to bone her

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
i thought david cameron would have a poo poo legacy based on being the guy who came within five points of losing scotland, until i met the guy who lost to the guy who came within five points of losing scotland

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Disinterested posted:

yeah you got it

lol if you think the monarchy has power

But if they don't then why do we give a flying gently caress about the offspring?

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

comes along bort posted:

i'd like to learn car stuff but i cant be bothered sometimes so i just let my brother be the one whos good at car stuff. works out most of the time!

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

ronya posted:

it's the This Growth is False and Unsustainable butnotonlythat You Can See This In The Nature Of Capital that tends to produce an austrian-y macro. this similarity has been remarked upon in heterodox communications between the austrians and post-keynesians before, but I don't have cites at hand, maybe steve keen? idk. keen does write about austrians a bit.

green-flavoured attacks that the unsustainability stems from stuff outside the balance sheet is plausible but capital stuff makes my eyes roll - the doomsday predictions just keep getting postponed and postponed. in the meanwhile the alleged long-term doesn't show in the postulated state variables like aggregate investment

in terms of disruption... I do want to point out that industrial production hasn't gone away. if you interpret its decline in employment share as being due to the tech envelope pushing outward, well, that's not going to regress. if you view it as a response to being 'enabled' by circuitous financial innovation ironing out an increasingly complex but slightly cheaper global chain, then congrats, you've just reinvented Austie roundaboutness and I'm just as skeptical because roundaboutness persistently fails to explain macro crises

it's not about the destruction of wealth as such, though, it's about the removal of the advantage "The West" collectively has re: ownership of capital. finance capital is, in principle, not tied to any extensive physical resources (well, web hubs etc, but that's fairly basic infrastructure), so the way i see it the financial centers of the world would shift around, dragging the growth of the financial sector along with it. i also think that if peak oil ever actually hits we're going to see strange things happening to contemporary capitalism, but that's for the future.

certainly the political economy of finance capital is such that it will produce crises - all i'm positing here is that these crises will eventually cause established finance sectors to lose out to emergent ones, with attendant wealth transfer

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

WoodrowSkillson posted:

cleopatra was inbred as all hell and was hot enough to convince 2 of the most powerful men in history to bone her

yeah but she was a fluke

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

nutranurse posted:

that's kind of accurate though remember tories basically went whole hog on self-inflicting austerity which never had any traction on a similar level with democrats

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

Gravel Gravy posted:

But if they don't then why do we give a flying gently caress about the offspring?

most people honestly do not care that much

the monarchy basically only exist to fill the papers with incredibly inane headlines and to open major functions of state

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

WoodrowSkillson posted:

cleopatra was probably not particularly noteworthy in terms of looks, based on her depictions on coins. she was, however, a brilliant diplomat & conversationalist

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

Berke Negri posted:

first de gaulle now this

cleopatra was probably not particularly noteworthy in terms of looks, based on her depictions on coins. she was, however, a brilliant diplomat & conversationalist

her pussy game redic

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

ronya posted:

right, time to vanish from chat. PM me or something if you want to discuss it, comrade lenin

i don't have pms :( don't abandon me like this

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

V. Illych L. posted:

it's not about the destruction of wealth as such, though, it's about the removal of the advantage "The West" collectively has re: ownership of capital. finance capital is, in principle, not tied to any extensive physical resources (well, web hubs etc, but that's fairly basic infrastructure), so the way i see it the financial centers of the world would shift around, dragging the growth of the financial sector along with it. i also think that if peak oil ever actually hits we're going to see strange things happening to contemporary capitalism, but that's for the future.

certainly the political economy of finance capital is such that it will produce crises - all i'm positing here is that these crises will eventually cause established finance sectors to lose out to emergent ones, with attendant wealth transfer

if we get peak oil globalisation will reverse which will be a hell of a thing for organised labour in the west

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
i ate fish and chips for lunch, so i'm basically an expert on the UK election now

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

anarchy is the only moral political system imo

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Berke Negri posted:

that's kind of accurate though remember tories basically went whole hog on self-inflicting austerity which never had any traction on a similar level with democrats

yeah, there's some things on which the tory is more like the republicans, or maybe even further right than them

uk election theme

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHh0V7UjVXI

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

can you vote SNP if you don't live in scotland

like how do this work

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

yeah also this. i mean we're talking caesar and marcus anthony here, those two bros could have had fine rear end every day all day. cleopatra was just smart as poo poo and knew how to network

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Disinterested posted:

most people honestly do not care that much

the monarchy basically only exist to fill the papers with incredibly inane headlines and to open major functions of state

So how does that affect their CK2 SCORE?

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

she was not a hapsburg though, and im not sure any of her or caesar's rivals ever particularly attacked her looks, its was mostly "eastern temptress seducing a good upstanding Roman"

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

comes along bort posted:

my last car the driver's side power window assembly burned out. they were gonna charge like $500 to replace it

got one from a junk yard car for $25 and took like an hour to replace it, most of that spent pulling the door panel off and putting it back on

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

PupsOfWar posted:

like how do this work

you vote for those contesting in your constituency, so if there happens to be a SNP member running in your constituency, then sure otherwise no

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

PupsOfWar posted:

like how do this work

you can if theres an snp minister running in your area, which there probably will not be, since they are the scottish party, of scotland

• Locked thread