Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheFluff
Dec 13, 2006

FRIENDS, LISTEN TO ME
I AM A SEAGULL
OF WEALTH AND TASTE
peep my paper tanks

Pretty sure that's with a 75mm gun. Now put in a 105mm:

also gently caress people who take hugeass blueprints, roll them up and leave them in a huge pile to gather dust for 50 years, makes them loving impossible to get flat afterwards

TheFluff fucked around with this message at 16:38 on May 8, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Had a 6,110 damage done 4,000 damage blocked game in my 110 last night. 110 + retards = even a better time than the IS-3.

DonkeyHotay
Jun 6, 2005

BadLlama posted:

Had a 6,110 damage done 4,000 damage blocked game in my 110 last night. 110 + retards = even a better time than the IS-3.

The 110 is the best tier 8 by a fairly wide margin.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

DonkeyHotay posted:

But does it have a log?

But does it have Russian Bias?

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination
Can someone who has been following the game more closely than me help me understand this stat line? I don't think I've ever seen a WN8 that high with that many battles played...

Was the VK 28.01 nerfed at some point and these stats are from before the nerf? Or is it just that Straik is simply that dominant in T6 lights?

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

NA West is literally filled with the worst mouth breathing fucks right now, all speaking in Vietnamese, don't bother logging in

Steelion
Aug 2, 2009

CompeAnansi posted:

Can someone who has been following the game more closely than me help me understand this stat line? I don't think I've ever seen a WN8 that high with that many battles played...

Was the VK 28.01 nerfed at some point and these stats are from before the nerf? Or is it just that Straik is simply that dominant in T6 lights?

A combination of WN8 being garbage unreliable at best as a metric, and light tanks having a low expected performance, so doing well gives you grossly inflated WN8.

DonkeyHotay
Jun 6, 2005

CompeAnansi posted:

If you are averaging 2200 dpg in a 2801 you are a loving god in that tank so, yeah.

The thread consensus isn't excatly wrong and lights do poo poo wn8 and rainbows but that is far and away the best 2801 I've ever seen so good on him.

DonkeyHotay fucked around with this message at 17:32 on May 8, 2015

DonkeyHotay
Jun 6, 2005

Mesadoram posted:

But does it have a log?

But does it have Russian Bias?

Chinese bias is real, and strong, and underrated.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

DonkeyHotay posted:

Chinese bias is real, and strong, and underrated.

Shame they can't aim down. I think I will go for the 121 after I am done grinding for the T49, E100, AMX 30b and E3.

So probably not for a long time...

DonkeyHotay
Jun 6, 2005

Mesadoram posted:

Shame they can't aim down. I think I will go for the 121 after I am done grinding for the T49, E100, AMX 30b and E3.

I bought the 120 a few days ago and despite the worst depression in game iirc it is insanely op.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Hey the 110 gets a whopping 6° of depression.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

DonkeyHotay posted:

I bought the 120 a few days ago and despite the worst depression in game iirc it is insanely op.

Every time the PTR rolls around I always take the 121 out for a spin, it always is a blast. Gun surprises the poo poo out of people, no one expects that kind of damage from a medium.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Mesadoram posted:

For what it is worth I have enjoyed every single Chinese medium tank immensely, even the t-34-2 I found very enjoyable. I am on the WZ-120 now and even with the fact that half the time you are fighting your own tank to get shots off those high roll damage shots are boner inducing.

Prav posted:

Hey the 110 gets a whopping 6° of depression.

Don't need no depression, just point your tank at the enemy and their down syndrome will do the rest.

Uranium 235
Oct 12, 2004

DonkeyHotay posted:

Wow I never realized how insane its view range is. It beats the IS-3 by 30 meters. How fast does it accelerate compared to the IS-3? I see it has significantly lower hp/t, but I'm too lazy to look up its terrain passability.

Is its turret as bouncy in practice as the IS-3?

DonkeyHotay
Jun 6, 2005

NTRabbit posted:

NA West is literally filled with the worst mouth breathing fucks right now, all speaking in Vietnamese, don't bother logging in

Counterpoint, NA West is currently full of mouth breathing fucks right now, get easy kills. Two straight mastery badges in the 34-3 and one in a Cromwell b in three games played.

Playing drunk last night I managed to lose a t-34-3 game that I had already saved, getting 6 kills and a shitload of damage, in a one on one versus a 100hp is-2. I was going to flank and fell off a cliff instead.

DonkeyHotay
Jun 6, 2005

Uranium 235 posted:

Wow I never realized how insane its view range is. It beats the IS-3 by 30 meters. How fast does it accelerate compared to the IS-3? I see it has significantly lower hp/t, but I'm too lazy to look up its terrain passability.

If you didn't play at launch the 110 turret is the old is-3 top turret, the one they took away, and replaced with the current overmatch piece of poo poo.

It's also the same turret the is-8 gets.

So yes.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Uranium 235 posted:

The 110 turret is so much better than the IS-3 turrets. Fighting a tank slightly taller than you is no longer a huge deal.

maev
Dec 6, 2010
Economically illiterate Tory Boy Bollocks brain.
Keep away from children
The gun handling on the 110 is garbage, which is the only downside of the tank.

primelaw
Apr 4, 2012

The most southern dandy robot judge

Mesadoram posted:

Always knew there was something odd about him. They kept that much gold in there because: "We need a warchest."
People were asking about it for a few days, after BULBA spanked us 5-0, Piece of poo poo One and Piece of poo poo Two decided to take the gold and book it.
I am probably one of the few, but I really don't care about the gold. Finally got into a "stable" clan and this poo poo happens is what makes me upset.

Well poo poo. I'm like you since I like the clan more because we'really good dudes. But not having a payout for a while is gonna suck

DonkeyHotay
Jun 6, 2005

As a quick aside, the t-34-3 is now my highest dpg t8 med by a Lot. I think it gets a bad rap.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

BadLlama posted:

The 110 turret is so much better than the IS-3 turrets. Fighting a tank slightly taller than you is no longer a huge deal.

While it's not made out of 20 mm tinfoil that cupola is still pretty inviting.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

primelaw posted:

Well poo poo. I'm like you since I like the clan more because we'really good dudes. But not having a payout for a while is gonna suck

On CRD it seems like most of the OTTER members (minus Granny and Allu) are taking it in stride. While it is a HUGE gold set back (and a giant morale killer) I think it is going to be ok...

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

DonkeyHotay posted:

As a quick aside, the t-34-3 is now my highest dpg t8 med by a Lot. I think it gets a bad rap.

Can you look up that info outside of the client somewhere?

Prav posted:

While it's not made out of 20 mm tinfoil that cupola is still pretty inviting.

true, but as you said, its better than the tinfoil plate.

DonkeyHotay
Jun 6, 2005

BadLlama posted:

Can you look up that info outside of the client somewhere?

probably, but i dunno how.

FluffySquirrel
Oct 26, 2010
Anyone know for sure if you can you retrain those BiA crews for other tanks and have them retain the free BiA?

Not something I want to risk losing by mistake really

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination

CompeAnansi posted:

I think I can answer my own question now. It looks like the VK 28.01 used to be a T5 light with a better top speed, less weight, more armor, better aim time, and better accuracy. It was moved up a tier in March 2013 and all those stats I listed were nerfed. You can see this if you look at the noobmeter page for the tank, almost every single one of the top performances happened before March 2013. I assume, then, that the Straik played the tank before that time and then the WN8 got crazily inflated after the patch because the current iteration is significantly worse, leading to a lower expected value. Bummer, I was hoping to have found a hidden gem.

CompeAnansi fucked around with this message at 20:17 on May 8, 2015

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

CompeAnansi posted:

I think I can answer my own question now. It looks like the VK 28.01 used to be a T5 light with a better top speed, less weight, more armor, better aim time, and better accuracy. It was moved up a tier in March 2013 and all those stats I listed were nerfed. You can see this if you look at the noobmeter page for the tank, almost every single one of the top performances happened before March 2013. I assume, then, that the Straik played the tank before that time and then the WN8 got crazily inflated after the patch because the current iteration is significantly worse, leading to a lower expected value. Bummer, I was hoping to have found a hidden gem.

More importantly the 2801 used to see battle tiers 7-12 so there was plenty of enemy HP, and it used to have 150 pen on the HEAT, and HEAT used to be a useful ammo type instead of the unreliable poo poo it is now. WN8 is garbage please disregard.

maev
Dec 6, 2010
Keep away from children

Hellsau posted:

More importantly the 2801 used to see battle tiers 7-12 so there was plenty of enemy HP, and it used to have 150 pen on the HEAT, and HEAT used to be a useful ammo type instead of the unreliable poo poo it is now. WN8 is garbage please disregard.

It has its flaws, and past a certain level (maybe 2k or so) it becomes harder to distinguish between the real super unicums and those who train lights all the time. Its pretty useful to know when someones Red E100 is about to face a blue T-62a however.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
Regarding bad players and 5x weekends, it seems like the game passively rewards poor teamwork.

If you have 5 tanks, 1 of each class, you try to get the 5x or whatever reward for a win. I guess bad players try to do this as quickly as possible. There's so little penalty in losing that even if you die first you just start a game in a different tank and try again. Games get so short a player can die in 2 tanks, be on his third game and still not have the first game ended. The equally bad enemies are done this too, and it devolves into a game of retard coin toss to get quick wins.

I don't know how they can change the game to incentivise teamwork without punishing other players on the losing team that tried to play decently.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Panfilo posted:

Regarding bad players and 5x weekends, it seems like the game passively rewards poor teamwork.

If you have 5 tanks, 1 of each class, you try to get the 5x or whatever reward for a win. I guess bad players try to do this as quickly as possible. There's so little penalty in losing that even if you die first you just start a game in a different tank and try again. Games get so short a player can die in 2 tanks, be on his third game and still not have the first game ended. The equally bad enemies are done this too, and it devolves into a game of retard coin toss to get quick wins.

I don't know how they can change the game to incentivise teamwork without punishing other players on the losing team that tried to play decently.

It is past the point of no return. Shitlords already have their bad habits imbedded in their heads and new players will more than likely look at the best of the shitlords and try to mimic that due to the "decent" player population being so low. At least this is the case on the NA server that has gently caress all for population.

DonkeyHotay
Jun 6, 2005

maev posted:

It has its flaws, and past a certain level (maybe 2k or so) it becomes harder to distinguish between the real super unicums and those who train lights all the time. Its pretty useful to know when someones Red E100 is about to face a blue T-62a however.

there's like maybe 50 or 100 total on na anyway so by the time you have a tier 10 you'll probably know who they are

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Don't ever be super aggressive in 5x games as that can lead to the shitswarm realizing 8 tanks vs 1 will win then you die early and somehow your poo poo team pulls out a win and then you are hosed on your sweet xp.

kemikalkadet
Sep 16, 2012

:woof:
must be a mission to win 15 games on, I've won 3 games out of 10 tonight.

DonkeyHotay
Jun 6, 2005

Want to see a bot that will never ever ever be banned by wargaming in a million years?

maev
Dec 6, 2010
Keep away from children

DonkeyHotay posted:

Want to see a bot that will never ever ever be banned by wargaming in a million years?

How is it statistically possible to get an average of 76? I get 145 for being blown up by arty 1 min into the game with 0 damage...

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Does his damage come from people ramming him trying to snag that last kill?

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

BadLlama posted:

Don't ever be super aggressive in 5x games as that can lead to the shitswarm realizing 8 tanks vs 1 will win then you die early and somehow your poo poo team pulls out a win and then you are hosed on your sweet xp.

I played my Churchill III this morning, managed to pick the flank the enemy didn't go on at all. By the time I drug my paperweight across the map the entire enemy team was dead. Sweet 0 damage x5 :argh:

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

BadLlama posted:

I fuckin hate when this happens. In my M12 I was careless and didn't move enough; I got 1 kill finishing off a dented light tank then got flanked by another before I could hit anything else. I expected us to lose but we ended up coming back from an early deficit apparently. Even with my 1 kill I ended up in 15th place and only 1,105 XP with premium and 5x first win bonus :(

Conversely, in my Bulldog I had the mantra, "Don't go slower than 60kph, don't die, try to spot enemy tanks. We won, but at the time it didn't feel like I did much. I guess my team was on the ball because the spotting paid off from a lot of spotting damage and that win netted me 6,500 XP. A good example of how playing smart pays off I suppose.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

maev posted:

How is it statistically possible to get an average of 76? I get 145 for being blown up by arty 1 min into the game with 0 damage...

The crazy thing is, if I'm reading that correctly, at least 3% of players are worse than this. Probably more, considering that the WN8 percentile scale is derived from a dataset wherein average players are underrepresented and below average players massively so.