Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

WoodrowSkillson posted:

im so triggered
i warned you!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

i had an ex from manchester who was very embarrassed by her northern accent but I was always like y'all just sound like the lady reading world news on the radio to me

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Lord Byron owned a bear because the Oxford rules forbade owning a dog. That bear later joined the Polish Army and the rest is history.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

she used the naughty word i cannot even

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

R. Mute posted:

trigger warning this for nutranurse and hopefully for the rest of you as well

http://imgur.com/gallery/tdJ4F

This black woman is not the boss of me but I'll still not say the n word, despite her tone.

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

WoodrowSkillson posted:

she used the naughty word i cannot even

Bum-paddle?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

To me, it's a freedom of speech issue. A matter of the first amendment, really.

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill

R. Mute posted:

minorities buying into white people rhetoric is A Thing tho. i encounter it all the time just dealing w/ my family :shrug:

like this dumbass lady clearly doesnt understand the difference between calling your friend 'nigga' or whatever and having a cop bust you in the face while calling you 'friend of the family', and im just gonna assume its b/c she comes from a well-off-enough background that she didnt have to deal with it all that much.

rich black people don't really like poor black people.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Also I want all those things so now I'm allowed to say it

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

nutranurse posted:

minorities buying into white people rhetoric is A Thing tho. i encounter it all the time just dealing w/ my family :shrug:

your family are weird mormons though

like, that's a baseline thats hard to recover from

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

i went on a date with a mexican from Manchester once, that was a pretty lengthy family story of how that happened

also a weirdly manchesterian year

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Lady in that gif is talking to white people

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

PupsOfWar posted:

only my mum and 2 aunts are mormons. that still leaves 7 aunts and 2 uncles

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich
oh yeah i love this illinois sun

gonna get such a great tan

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

its not my place to tell black people how or when to use the word. intellectually i side with people like richard pryor who chose to stop using it, feeling it was something more harmful then good. but that's an outsider looking in perspective, and also does not involved white people getting to say it.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
spent a while in London with a kid from Southie in Boston. his speech took a lot of 'splainin

though people were more confused by how often he said AWERSOME than "wicked pissah"

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

R. Mute posted:

A few comments down "The amount of racism im seeing on this post is surprising, what the hell imgur I thought we were all grownups here"
-"Nah, casual racism is top or middle comments..blatant is bad. This isn't new on here at all"

:unsmith:

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Berke Negri posted:

i went on a date with a mexican from Manchester once, that was a pretty lengthy family story of how that happened

also a weirdly manchesterian year

one thing i discovered from some english ex-pats is that english people think mexicans are basically moon people and love doing incredibly racist impressions of what they think a mexican sounds like

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Dreylad posted:

one thing i discovered from some english ex-pats is that english people think mexicans are basically moon people and love doing incredibly racist impressions of what they think a mexican sounds like

cue laughtrack and silly walk

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

PupsOfWar posted:

like, that's a baseline thats hard to recover from

heck usually my mum's the one arguing against the rest of them because:

1) she's a black hr professional in corporate, so she sees racism all the drat time
2) i've been indoctrinating her since i was 17

now if only i could get her to stop doing the mental gymnastics it requires for her to believe in a holy book that literally says darker-skinned people are made that way because of sin (she always glosses over that part :wtc:)

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

nutranurse posted:

now if only i could get her to stop doing the mental gymnastics it requires for her to believe in a holy book that literally says darker-skinned people are made that way because of sin (she always glosses over that part :wtc:)

this is how i view gay christians but i have long since given up on ever discussing it with them

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

nutranurse posted:

1) she's a black hr professional in corporate, so she sees racism all the drat time

where does it say that

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

nutranurse posted:

If you haven't been inside the Mormon vault of secrets you can't really criticize.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Oh mormons, yeah they think that lol

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

I wouldn't believe some rear end in a top hat named Joseph Smith if he was going to sell me a good car

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich
why isnt Obama authorizing strikes against isil in afghanistan?

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

I regret that most americans are unaware of how hilariously bad the KY gubernatorial primaries are getting

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

ZenVulgarity posted:

I wouldn't believe some rear end in a top hat named Joseph Smith if he was going to sell me a good car

the real rear end in a top hat was brigham young :ssh:

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

PupsOfWar posted:

I regret that most americans are unaware of how hilariously bad the KY gubernatorial primaries are getting

i hate that "cut taxes and shrink state govt" is still something you can campaign on these days when youre literally 2 states over from kansas

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

PupsOfWar posted:

wait matt bevin is back

:getin:

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

nutranurse posted:

like this dumbass lady clearly doesnt understand the difference between calling your friend 'nigga' or whatever and having a cop bust you in the face while calling you 'friend of the family', and im just gonna assume its b/c she comes from a well-off-enough background that she didnt have to deal with it all that much.

rich black people don't really like poor black people.
i just really enjoy it when white people post things like that and the chris rock clip and then go 'SEE'

i enjoy it in the same way i enjoy pain, hail satan

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

Raskolnikov38 posted:

wait matt bevin is back

:getin:

he also stands a nonzero chance of winning the nomination

I enjoy how all of his ads are "watch as I stand adjacent to a negro"

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

nutranurse posted:

the real rear end in a top hat was brigham young :ssh:

Why not both

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

nutranurse posted:

i hate that "cut taxes and shrink state govt" is still something you can campaign on these days when youre literally 2 states over from kansas

i'm worried that after the UK fiasco it is entirely possible we'll end up making GBS threads the bed in a year, too

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

You look like you're still raking it in. Still killing 'em?

Lotka Volterra posted:

i'm worried that after the UK fiasco it is entirely possible we'll end up making GBS threads the bed in a year, too

circumstances are different

too different

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

ZenVulgarity posted:

Why not both

brigham young really blows john smith out of the water. it's like, mussolini was bad, yeah, but hilter was obvi the much larger problem

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

Disinterested posted:

circumstances are different

too different

this sounds like a line from a movie before poo poo goes really bad

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

paranoid randroid posted:

Apollo in the streets, Dionysus in the sheets

Yet they shat in the streets and ate out of sight while being puzzled at Egyptians doing it the other way round.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

Lotka Volterra posted:

this sounds like a line from a movie before poo poo goes really bad

it's raph

a little too raph

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

You look like you're still raking it in. Still killing 'em?
listening to americans complain that because conservatives won in england it means republicans might win is going to get tiresome fast

dems would have to drop the ball so loving hard

• Locked thread