Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Arriviste
Sep 10, 2010

Gather. Grok. Create.

Now pick up what you can
and run.

The Royal Nonesuch posted:

It means benzos/benzodiazepines feel hella awesome to take any time of the day. Be very careful with it - they're addictive as gently caress especially if you're prone to anxiety normally. Yes, they can help with that but personally I'd stay away unless really, really needed ie "I have to give a presentation to the whole company and am terrified of public speaking"

If your doc is script happy and you take them consistently for a couple of years and try to go off, well... you can Google "benzo withdrawals" for fun research.

I ain't a doc or trying to scare you, but they're a powerful thing and I personally think they get handed out too easily to unsuspecting people.

I took Propranolol for a few years for anxiety. It's actually a beta blocker and is often prescribed off-label to treat anxiety and stage fright. Once I left jail, I was living 50 miles from my primary care provider, fairly broke, and couldn't drive, so I weaned myself off of it. It was pretty terrible to taper off of due to the headaches for awhile, but since I had stopped drinking, stopped smoking marijuana, and was in an outpatient therapy program, I didn't really need it anymore. I had the tools and state of mind to deal with the things that were the source of my worries and I wasn't compounding my problems with substance abuse. It was a great aid when I needed it, though, and I would use it again temporarily if I had anxiety that affected me physically like before.

My unshakable calm while on Propranolol was pretty funny at times. Worked at a restaurant for awhile with a manager who really enjoyed scaring waitresses as we did sidework in the server alley, cooler/freezer, or kitchen. Dude could not startle me and it drove him to Cato-like ambushes to try to get me to react. Pile of produce boxes in the cooler? Nope. Just Gene. Meh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Maker Of Shoes posted:

Their invasive, damaging to different crops and not even native to the Americas.

Well, they also eat crop pests and tend to play both sides of the field at least consumption wise.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

Arriviste posted:

I took Propranolol for a few years for anxiety. It's actually a beta blocker and is often prescribed off-label to treat anxiety and stage fright. Once I left jail, I was living 50 miles from my primary care provider, fairly broke, and couldn't drive, so I weaned myself off of it. It was pretty terrible to taper off of due to the headaches for awhile, but since I had stopped drinking, stopped smoking marijuana, and was in an outpatient therapy program, I didn't really need it anymore. I had the tools and state of mind to deal with the things that were the source of my worries and I wasn't compounding my problems with substance abuse. It was a great aid when I needed it, though, and I would use it again temporarily if I had anxiety that affected me physically like before.

My unshakable calm while on Propranolol was pretty funny at times. Worked at a restaurant for awhile with a manager who really enjoyed scaring waitresses as we did sidework in the server alley, cooler/freezer, or kitchen. Dude could not startle me and it drove him to Cato-like ambushes to try to get me to react. Pile of produce boxes in the cooler? Nope. Just Gene. Meh.

Gene?!

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter

Now that it's been sunny for a week and the ground is dry, its time to start renovating the yard. Step 1: fix the sunken spot in the driveway and prep the ground to widen/extend it.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

Read a few pages in the Benzo TCC thread before you start taking it. They are addictive as poo poo.

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal

Super Aggro Crag posted:

Read a few pages in the Benzo TCC thread before you start taking it. They are addictive as poo poo.

I've been on it for a few months. Only .25mg a day though, which is half the dosage I'm prescribed and even that's a fairly small dosage. I'd thought about doubling it (so I'm taking what was prescribed) but you guys have scared me against even doing that. The only change I made was instead of taking it with dinner I'm not taking it during lunch.

I think it's helping though. Between my kids, my job and everything else going on, I must have either high anxiety or a legitimate anxiety disorder of some sort. I feel actually able to do things now.

I'm kinda hoping once I get into a decent workout routine, I can stop taking it, but I'll cross that bridge when I get there.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

Finally replaced the broken headlight harness. Now I can go get my sticker that I was supposed to get last month. :eng99: I ordered a set of Hankook Ventus V12's from Sears because I had $250 in gift cards there. It's taking FOREVER for them to get shipped here. I am pissed.

The pollen levels here are absurd right now. My black car looks yellow every morning now. My doctor to continue taking Mucinex and to get Claritin D. That crap is mad expensive too, those bastards. And that's with buying all generic crap. He also gave me a high dose of Prednisone for my back and sent me upstairs to get x-rays done. Got a follow up next month. It's been at a 1-2/10 pain wise for a couple weeks ago but I know it can flare up at any time.

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot

MustardFacial posted:

Now that it's been sunny for a week and the ground is dry, its time to start renovating the yard. Step 1: fix the sunken spot in the driveway and prep the ground to widen/extend it.

Heavy machinery is tits.

Riscas
Feb 11, 2008
Everyone should still be careful with your benzos. Even taking small doses daily builds up a tolerance since it replaces the gaba your body naturally produces and then your body stops making that gaba leading to lovely withdrawals, although not as bad as with higher doses. I've taken them off and on over the years and I've found the best way to do it is to only take them on days when you know you're gonna be in a high anxiety situation like someone earlier suggested.

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

SFH1989 posted:

I got that Navy job in Maine I talked about back in the March thread. Well, I have to pass all their background checks and do some other stuff before it's officially mine but no reason I should have a problem with that. Guess I have to start looking for apartments around Portsmouth NH.

I almost didn't get it because when you apply to the government you're supposed to ignore the one page max length on resumes, just put everything down. Last week someone from HR called me and said I was being removed from consideration because my engineering experience wasn't detailed enough on my resume. This pissed me off because it meant the guy who interviewed me wasn't involved in the final decision which is bullshit. Luckily not even a day later the guy that interviewed me went out of his way to email me and get a detailed list of work related experience and made sure it got to the correct people. He did all this because he personally thought I should be hired and wants to work with me :unsmith:.

I'm pretty excited but I still nervous about the whole thing. I've never gotten an apartment or moved at all (college doesn't count). Plus I don't know anyone in that part of NH/ME. It is still New England and a sub four hour drive from home.

Just in time for ISIS to make everything harder than it needs to be.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Deeters posted:

Just in time for ISIS to make everything harder than it needs to be.

ISIS isn't doing a god damned thing. Anything that happens with some wacko in the US that has to do with muslims can be "claimed" by ISIS to make the media go booga-booga. If you believe some bunch of rag-tag maroons centered in the middle east using US weaponry, equipment and vehicles that we left entirely undersecured are some kind of actual "threat" to the US mainland, then you are an absolute mouthbreathing moron (or you're paid to instill fear). It's just another reach of the government to show how they are "protecting" us by taking away liberties.

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

meatpimp posted:

ISIS isn't doing a god damned thing. Anything that happens with some wacko in the US that has to do with muslims can be "claimed" by ISIS to make the media go booga-booga. If you believe some bunch of rag-tag maroons centered in the middle east using US weaponry, equipment and vehicles that we left entirely undersecured are some kind of actual "threat" to the US mainland, then you are an absolute mouthbreathing moron (or you're paid to instill fear). It's just another reach of the government to show how they are "protecting" us by taking away liberties.

No, I'm just saying that the government just raised security levels across the country, so it's going to be more annoying to get on base and probably lengthen the time it takes for background checks.

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

Well I finally have a non-foodservice job where I make a decent paycheck, crazy overtime, and have benefits. I'm really liking this so far.

'Course I should be saving all this money to move. But instead I'm shopping for a pony car. I'm not very good at this being an adult thing.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

ExplodingSims posted:

Well I finally have a non-foodservice job where I make a decent paycheck, crazy overtime, and have benefits. I'm really liking this so far.

'Course I should be saving all this money to move. But instead I'm shopping for a pony car. I'm not very good at this being an adult thing.

Don't worry, neither are we.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

God, I'm behind - no slack time at work lately.

Ether Frenzy posted:

Back in my day we used to dream of 28.8 modems. The SPEED. the CLASS.

Picture taken last night

I've got one of those, working, on the shelf above my uber-MacBook Pro, dual 23" Retina Display rig at work (don't be jealous, I can't take it home. Well, the MacBook, I guess...). It doesn't have a keyboard, but I have an ADB 15-key at home I need to bring up. It also doesn't want to click on stuff in the menu bar for some reason - works fine everywhere else on the screen.

NitroSpazzz posted:

Holding the fire extinguisher while we fuel, maybe fueling, refilling fuel jugs, etc. Most of the time it's sitting around snacking and bullshitting or wandering around the pits. If something breaks run around grabbing tools and poo poo while we try to fix the thing good enough to continue racing. Dad wanted me to see if anyone was interested in helping out.

I could probably do that. As of right now, I don't have anything else scheduled for May 30-31.

Jesus Christ, how loving hard is it to just put up a nice, readable calendar on your website, Texas Motor Speedway? I'm just trying to see what all is coming up, not pick event I already know.
What the name of the event you're running? I know you've been posting about the car, but I've not been paying close attention (sorry!)

And homework before middle school sucks. My daughter's been dealing with it since she was in first or second grade (she's 13 now) though it is at least a charter school that doesn't completely suck.

edit: duh, calendar is under "Fan Guide". So obvious! (not) I don't see any events listed for May 30-31. Is this on the big track, dirt track, or what?

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

The Locator posted:

Got home from my 4 day road trip to Miller Motorsports Park late last night, and successfully managed to not get another ticket. Something like 750 photo's on the camera memory card, no idea when I'll have time to sort through those. Only ones that might be interesting to post here would be the ones from the car museum at MMS.

Clearly you must have done something they decided couldn't be topped.

http://www.autoblog.com/2015/05/08/miller-motorsports-park-closing/

Autoblog posted:

Miller Motorsports Park says it will cease operations on October 31, 2015. This confirmation comes via the park's website, which posted a short statement about the sad news.

"On behalf of my family, I would like to thank all of those who have supported the track over the years, both locally and worldwide, for their enthusiasm and use of the facility," Gail Miller, owner of the Larry H. Miller Group of Companies, wrote on the Miller Motorsports Park website.

The 500-acre motorsports park in Tooele, UT opened in 2006, and has housed a number of races, driving schools, and private events throughout the years. Autoblog has visited the facility, about a dozen miles west of Salt Lake City, on several occasions, most recently last year, when we participated in the Ford ST Octane Academy.

"This is a huge disappointment," Tooele County Commissioner Shawn Milne told The Salt Lake Tribune. "The racetrack is top notch, and we appreciate the tourism it brings in." The Tribune also reports that no one from the park or the Miller family gave Tooele County any notice that the facility would be shutting down.

The facility will still hold all racing events, driving schools, karting events, and other activities planned for this summer.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Deeters posted:

No, I'm just saying that the government just raised security levels across the country, so it's going to be more annoying to get on base and probably lengthen the time it takes for background checks.

Land of the free and home of the brave. :toot:

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

Darchangel posted:

Jesus Christ, how loving hard is it to just put up a nice, readable calendar on your website, Texas Motor Speedway? I'm just trying to see what all is coming up, not pick event I already know.
What the name of the event you're running? I know you've been posting about the car, but I've not been paying close attention (sorry!)
Road course with World Racing League.

Well that loving sucks, I was supposed to go out there this fall and next spring and was going to try to line up a weekend there.

Hooray weekend with excellent weather. Start tearing old cooling system poo poo out of the M3 this weekend and hopefully finally get around to the 928.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Sigma X posted:

Just FYI the reason our health care "if you can afford it" is the best in the world is because it's privatized. Part of the huge health care cost we bear is funneled back into research and development (either by government orgs or private companies). 40% (around 1200) medical research and biology articles published in 2009 in a selection of over 18,000 journals were by US doctors. In fact, the US's output was 6 times higher than the next country down, Great Britain.

I could go on regarding research spending of US vs. other countries and # of significant medical advances but TBH I don't wanna take the time to transplant the data sources.

I kinda wish that I had read this thread since I could have told you that you're wrong in person. :v:

(im in sigmas frunk, pls send help)

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

I am a pretty pretty princess, watch me do my pretty princess dance....

Phone posted:

(im in sigmas frunk, pls send help)

No wonder it's so cramped in here.sup buddy?:hfive:

Mooseykins
Aug 9, 2013

Triangle tits and an annoying sex voice?

Fuuuuck youuuuu sluuuut!

Sigma X posted:

40% (around 1200) medical research and biology articles published in 2009 in a selection of over 18,000 journals were by US doctors. In fact, the US's output was 6 times higher than the next country down, Great Britain.

You also have 4.9 times the population of GB, so we're doing pretty good by comparasin. If we had equal populations you would've contributed 22% more than us for those numbers.

Socialized healthcare FTW. I having friends in the US paying loving thousands for health insurace, and then have to fight every step of the way over costs when they actually need it.

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски
Saw (whilst passing by) what looked exactly like an early Ferrari 512 at a discount tire today. Im not sure what to make of it.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

IOwnCalculus posted:

Saw that earlier today, kind of a bummer, it's a beautiful facility.

piss boner
May 17, 2003

Maker Of Shoes posted:

Don't worry, neither are we.

I spent $7k on a new roof today. I'm too good at the adult thing for now, but when our kids are gone I can get back to being all irresponsible and poo poo.

FatCow
Apr 22, 2002
I MAP THE FUCK OUT OF PEOPLE

Mooseykins posted:

You also have 4.9 times the population of GB, so we're doing pretty good by comparasin. If we had equal populations you would've contributed 22% more than us for those numbers.

Socialized healthcare FTW. I having friends in the US paying loving thousands for health insurace, and then have to fight every step of the way over costs when they actually need it.

And a little less than 1/2 of the research is funded by the government anyhow.

http://www.npr.org/blogs/health/2015/01/13/376801357/u-s-funding-of-health-research-stalls-as-other-nations-rev-up

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

Preoptopus posted:

Saw (whilst passing by) what looked exactly like an early Ferrari 512 at a discount tire today. Im not sure what to make of it.

Fiero.

RIP Paul Walker
Feb 26, 2004

Preoptopus posted:

Betcha anything the dude is friends with the owner and getting a killer deal.

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter
How much plastidip does it take to paint 4 18" wheels? I feel like doing something stupid.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

MustardFacial posted:

How much plastidip does it take to paint 4 18" wheels? I feel like doing something stupid.

Three cans will provide adequate coverage.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

MustardFacial posted:

depends on your final goal.

I covered 4 beefy 20s with 1 can, but it was really lovely and hard to take off.

I would say at least 2 cans of base and whatever glossifier or metalizer you choose to use. if you're doing a more extreme color change it may take more, because I've found it takes a lot of layers of something like blaze orange to cover over black.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Goddamn, so I got stiffed 5 times today. That's bad enough in itself (especially when it's raining sideways during one of those deliveries), but one of them was the bank teller that I always take the store deposits to when I open with the manager that doesn't have a car. She knows EXACTLY what I make and how pissed off I get when I get stiffed, and knows I don't get the delivery fee. My GM is going to take tomorrow morning's deposit and ask what was so bad about the service to cause her not to tip. It's actually kind of a thing with this bank, nobody there ever tips (and yes, it was a delivery to the bank), and we've had enough issues that he's been planning on rattling some cages over there about taking our accounts elsewhere anyway. Deposits credited to the wrong accounts, etc. They already get a heavy discount as it is.

CornHolio posted:

I heard they were addictive, and that's why I'm taking half-doses. My prescription is for a whole dose. I think they're like .5mg pills so it's tiny. I almost wonder if the effect they're having is strictly placebo, actually.

.5mg is the lowest dose you can get, but still designed to be cut in half if needed.

.25mg will still have a very mild effect. Klonopin also has an extremely long half life (72 hours, IIRC) - so it hangs out in your system for quite awhile.

I keep a stash of .5mgs around for stuff that stresses me out. Like doctor's appointments. I don't physically feel .5mg, but mentally it takes the edge off.

If you're only taking .25mg at a time, and maybe once or twice a day, you'll probably just have nasty headaches for a week or two when you quit taking them, assuming you take them regularly. But definitely consult with your doctor before reducing.

Arriviste posted:

I was also on Propranolol for several years, though in my case it was for tremors (which I've always had). Wound up doing a good job for blood pressure too, imagine that!

Unfortunately, it seems ACE inhibitors are what doctors prefer now. They do a better job with blood pressure, but don't do poo poo for tremors or anxiety.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

T1g4h posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ScMOyURq9os

Oh hey look, another dumb reboot. Can't wait to see this one bomb :v:

It doesn't look like a reboot, looks like it's the kids of the originals. And, their car is a Toyota Previa.

Holdbrooks
Jan 1, 2005

NEAI 2015
RIDE ETERNAL SHINY AND CHROME
ONWARD TO THE HALLS OF RUSTHALLA
Popping in to say that benzodiazepines are actually damaging to sleep patterns and are no longer indicated as a sleep aid beyond short term. And yes they are pretty addicting and cause a strong physiological dependence with chronic use. Melatonin and good sleep hygiene are the best way to good sleep.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

IOwnCalculus posted:

Well son of a bitch. I came here to post this. Here is the local news coverage on it: http://www.ksl.com/?sid=34564450&nid=1070&fm=home_page&s_cid=toppick3 I was too busy getting my nuts kicked in at work to even log on to the forums today. I am going to need to make it out for a few events this summer and kiss my mecca goodbye :(

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

It's not like it's *closing* closing. it's just not gonna be run by the millers anymore.

I doubt the county would just let all that development go to waste, and waste the resources trying to keep people off of it.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

CharlesM posted:

It doesn't look like a reboot, looks like it's the kids of the originals. And, their car is a Toyota Previa.

Doesn't make it any less terribad. Glory holes and sewage bathing, so edgy and funny!

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

T1g4h posted:

Doesn't make it any less terribad. Glory holes and sewage bathing, so edgy and funny!

Don't worry, I'm not going to see it. :P

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Got the LSD fitted into the E30 and everything bolted and torqued up last night, and filled it up with fluid tonight. Texted my friend who sold it to me, because he never drained it, and when I did after I bolted it it, the fluid that was in it looked like it had precisely 0 miles on it. Lost my fluid pump though, tried to rig up a contraption, ended with stinky gear oil all over myself. Said gently caress it and went down the road and bought a lovely plastic fluid transfer pump. Found a screw in my rear tire when I took it off a few days ago, went to plug it, and couldn't find my tire plugs. Have to go buy a new kit tomorrow I guess, but if it test drives okay, I'm immediately ordering a set of Kosei K1's and some rubber.

Then moved on to the oil filter housing which was pissing oil out of the oil pressure relief valve/whatever its called. Threw a new seal and valve cover in there, and threw a new seal between the oil filter housing and block. Didn't throw in the washer/seal between the bolt and housing, because I couldn't remove the bolt from the housing without fear of breaking something. Didn't replace the seals for both of the oil cooler lines because Bavarian Autosport sent only one O-ring instead of two, but sent a separate package with an extra housing seal and washer. :whatthechrist:
Started it up though, and no leaks! New waterpump and gasket seem to be holding their coolant this time around too. Need to add a quart or two of oil, and probably change the gearbox oil as well. Excited to drop it off the jackstands tomorrow morning and see what else will go terribly wrong.

Oh yeah, also moving into my new digs tomorrow. Got a bitchin' loft apartment in a neat small historical downtown area. There's a bar ten feet to the right of the front entrance to my building, and a bar/restaurant ten feet to the left that makes awesome Bloody Mary's and breakfast. Also, like 6 other bars within walking distance.

Also, also. My dad went to a body shop down the street from our place to get some motorcycle bodywork sprayed, and noticed one of the guys was wearing an Austin Speed Shop shirt, said he looked super familiar. Turns out he was part-owner of the Austin Speed Shop with Jesse James, and eventually split and moved up to Wisconsin. He looked familiar because we checked out the shop a few years ago when we were down in Austin for the inaugural Formula 1 race and shot the poo poo with him for a while. Turns out his dad's owned the body shop up here for a while, and the guy does hot-rods out of there with some buddies. Small world.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Weird.

The hotel I checked into the other night? The charge has dropped off of my debit card entirely, as if they voided it (voids drop off after 2-3 days, while if someone doesn't settle their batch daily, it'll also drop off, then show back up when they finally do settle the batch). I was only there long enough to get a 3 1/2 hour nap and take a nice, long, hot shower. I left around 4am. Someone had to make the bed and replace the towel and soap I used, at the least. I did wake up the poor night clerk to let her know I was leaving (I had a 9am wakeup call setup, but left a bit before 4am), so I don't know if she either never settled the CC batch, or just decided "he didn't like the room, and wasn't there long, void the transaction". I'm guessing she didn't settle the batch properly, since it was a stand-alone CC terminal. You're supposed to settle a batch every day (generally at the end of the business day). You pay a fee for every batch you settle, so if you go a couple of days without settling, you pay less, but you wind up with a bunch of people calling you pissed off because the charges aged off, then suddenly the charge reappears.

I'd be thrilled if they decided "he only stayed a few hours, gently caress charging him", but I know that's not the case, especially being a Motel 6 (a really really nice Motel 6 as far as Motel 6 goes, on par with a 90s La Quinta right down to the furniture and a/c unit, except the phone didn't work and it had a small LCD TV). I'm guessing something hosed up with their credit card terminal, and it'll pop back up in a couple of weeks when I'm least expecting it. I've already been hosed once this week by using the wrong debit card to buy a t-shirt on Wednesday and grabbing the wrong debit card (my USAA and my credit union card look almost identical) (hello $35 NSF fee, knocking that $20 shirt up to $55), I don't need another fee.

If it doesn't reappear by Monday, I'll give them a call and ask what's up. I know I was only in the room for 4 hours, but I agreed to pay <x> price for that room, and I know they're a franchise (if it wasn't a franchise I'd be a lot more "meh" about it). When I left, I just said "just wanted to turn in the key since I'm leaving a lot earlier than originally planned".

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 06:33 on May 9, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

poo poo, don't US banks have options for normal nsf fees? TD Canada charges you $5 for an nsf plus interest on whatever's in the negative until it's paid off.

$35 just sounds like kicking someone when they're down.

• Locked thread