Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx
How hard is it to do an actual weed study? I assume the NIH will tell you to gently caress off if you ask them for weed cash.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

please don't loving vape. you look like a moron.

vape owns scrub

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

we should harvest tar from the lungs of smokers to pave our streets

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

and if you must vape, do it in places you would smoke, not in places where its generally not cool to smoke

deffo this tho

bradburypancakes
Sep 9, 2014

hmm. hmmmmmmmm

ZenVulgarity posted:

Post some good female superhero outfits

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

Unless posted:

hey yo setting something on fire and inhaling its smoke is bad for your lungs

get a volcano or pax or vaporgenie and don't debate marijuana legalization on the merits of its health benefits in relation to smoking it

i dont think anyone would/should. just that studies from the height of the drug war shouldn't really be taken seriously when they're claiming weed is worse than tobacco and there's little to nothing in the way of recent research that actually confirms this

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx
I agree vaping is dumb looking.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
What about people who smoke weed via vaporizing as compared to cigarettes? Or compared to e-cigs?

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

Badger of Basra posted:

do irish people smoke a lot

Something like 20% I think

Don't know if that's high tbh

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

DemeaninDemon posted:

How hard is it to do an actual weed study? I assume the NIH will tell you to gently caress off if you ask them for weed cash.

I believe they are letting on some of those rules to make it easier. Don't have any sources confirming that tho.

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx
There's a perfectly decent way to get weed into your body: brownie.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

DemeaninDemon posted:

There's a perfectly decent way to get weed into your body: brownie.

But then you'll be obese and stoned.

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

MacheteZombie posted:

I believe they are letting on some of those rules to make it easier. Don't have any sources confirming that tho.

a new guy in my dept is working with the evolution of cannabis strains so apparently they have started to be more lax

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013

kustomkarkommando posted:

iirc its somewhere in the teens for the u.s. (might be lower) but like ~60% in china and similar in korea

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

just a tiny bit higher than the us

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

please don't loving vape. you look like a moron.

im down to less than a pack of week from like fifteen cigarettes every day it owns sorry

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Lotka Volterra posted:

a new guy in my dept is working with the evolution of cannabis strains so apparently they have started to be more lax

That's pretty cool. I like to read about strains evolving over time occasionally so if their work is public I would love to take a gander.

I'm always saddened by the lack of pure-strains left.

Unless
Jul 24, 2005

I art

Raskolnikov38 posted:

Hey how is that tar study done anyway? I wouldn't be surprised if the cigarette filter catches most of the tar whereas weed is smoked without a filter

it's really hard to quantify, filters absorb material, but people smoke weed and cigarettes for different reasons, you'll smoke more cigarettes to get desired nicotine, weed for :420:

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

MacheteZombie posted:

But then you'll be obese and stoned.

Then you create jobs. Someone's gotta debride those diabetic ulcers.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Someone make DemaninDemon the head of the Dept. of Dope!

Unless
Jul 24, 2005

I art

MacheteZombie posted:

That's pretty cool. I like to read about strains evolving over time occasionally so if their work is public I would love to take a gander.

VICE is just as much corporate news masquerading as independent as everyone always knows, but they did a p. cool documentary of strain-hunting last year

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VwRIZHOHBLE

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

zoux posted:

is vaping gonna turnout to be super bad for you

almost certainly

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

also my lungs don't hurt in the morning anymore

though I kind of miss the diminished sense of smell, apparently everywhere just smells like poo poo and I forgot

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

Berke Negri posted:

im down to less than a pack of week from like fifteen cigarettes every day it owns sorry

blarh. you're replacing one addiction with another. and look like a tool in the process.

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret
I don't think vaping is going to turn out to be that bad for you, and certainly less bad than cigarettes, but yeah it will be worse than doing nothing and also I could be wrong!

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

weed is fun and good and a nice thing to do on the weekend

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

MacheteZombie posted:

Someone make DemaninDemon the head of the Dept. of Dope!

In four years I promise peace. Peace through getting high.

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

I think its more like 25% in Northern Ireland though cause we are crass postindustrial yobs

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

blarh. you're replacing one addiction with another. and look like a tool in the process.

its the same addiction that's what great about it and I'm sure the aesthetics will get worked out in time

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Berke Negri posted:

its the same addiction that's what great about it and I'm sure the aesthetics will get worked out in time

i bet you vape some nasty poo poo that smells like juicy fruit too.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

DemeaninDemon posted:

In four years I promise peace. Peace through getting high.

A plan all goons can get behind, or get high on.

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx
Nicotine still isn't good for you.

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

and if you must vape, do it in places you would smoke, not in places where its generally not cool to smoke

this is what i hate the most. we had to ban vaping from the bar because of the people who love releasing giant clouds of banana-scented nonsense and say "IT'S JUST WATER VAPOR"

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

MacheteZombie posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_sbRXLZjfyk

this is a quick breakdown of what they're doing, don't know how much has been published so far since this is recent

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

pangstrom posted:

I don't think vaping is going to turn out to be that bad for you, and certainly less bad than cigarettes, but yeah it will be worse than doing nothing and also I could be wrong!

mmm. you're still inhaling a bunch of gross chemicals into your lungs.

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

Saw someone vape in a crowded cinema once. The non-smoke hung in the air.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

mooyashi posted:

this is what i hate the most. we had to ban vaping from the bar because of the people who love releasing giant clouds of banana-scented nonsense and say "IT'S JUST WATER VAPOR"

When I still worked retail I chewed my boss out in front of a couple customers because he blew that drat poo poo in my face "as a joke".

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

I think its more like 25% in Northern Ireland though cause we are crass postindustrial yobs

can you post @ me about why unionism became associated with other right-wing positions (anti-gay, free market, etc)

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Lotka Volterra posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_sbRXLZjfyk

this is a quick breakdown of what they're doing, don't know how much has been published so far since this is recent

Thanks, I'll check this out when I get home!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

mooyashi posted:

had a dude in class just blowin' out clouds of juicy fruit flavored poo poo and i was like

"reeeeeaaaallllllyyyyyyyyy?" in the most judging, gay, glasses-lowered-to-nose possible and he was like "oh... uh... guess that was kind of douchy wasn't it"

• Locked thread