Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

I think we might be getting a Wizard of Oz archetype in CORE TCG.

http://ygorganization.com/readyforamericana/

They did the official TCG announcement for CORE, and it says we're getting a new archetype that is 'based on one of the most popular American fairy tales ever known'. I can't think of many super popular American fairy tales, and even fewer that could support multiple sets worth of support.

I HOPE it's a Wizard of Oz archetype. That would be rad as poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Paul Bunyan

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

That's a tall tale, not a fairy tale.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Johnny Appleseed

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

Mormonism

The idea that anyone can be a millionaire if they work hard enough

Slenderman

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
Bloody Mary as ritual monster.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Nyaa posted:

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Ghostrick_Mary

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Five Nights at Freddy's.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

It's the Final Countdown.

VJeff posted:

Five Nights at Freddy's.

Frightfurs already exist.

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

Nyaa posted:

Saint Reagan as a ritual monster. His ritual is Reaganomics and requires you to discard 2 level 8+s to summon him. He, however, is level 2. :v:

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Dexie posted:

They did the official TCG announcement for CORE, and it says we're getting a new archetype that is 'based on one of the most popular American fairy tales ever known'. I can't think of many super popular American fairy tales, and even fewer that could support multiple sets worth of support.

Slenderman?

Koguma
Sep 1, 2007

One of the Big Seven !!
Aromages look super fun and might actually bring a few old cards back to play. Anyone got a skeleton of what I should be running with them?

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

Koguma posted:

Aromages look super fun and might actually bring a few old cards back to play. Anyone got a skeleton of what I should be running with them?

If you somehow get this working, tell me. Good luck.

Free Headcrab
Jan 3, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Slur posted:

Your build is much stronger than mine, and I highly recommend this build based on a greater focus being added to the stun nature of the deck. Thank you for posting your profile.

EDIT: Cardcar seems rather slow. Why is it here? Also, I understand Veiler being at 3 just in case of Denko, but Maxx "C" is viable at two, as far as I'm concerned. I replaced one with Solemn Warning, because why not.

Cardcar seems to be worth it for me early game to dig for spider statue. I can probably find something better, but I never really make use of my normal summon other than rabbit and sabersaurus.

I am not really sure what would be better. Maybe some kind of additional monster engine?

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Koguma posted:

Run Lonefire at 3.

Honestly I don't think they're too good yet. I'm waiting until Dimension of Chaos hits and hoping they get an actual engine there before I mess with them much more.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Dexie posted:

Clearly it's going to be the new Super HERO archetype with all your favorite Knock Offs like Super HERO Webslinger and Super HERO Lasereye.

Fake EDIT: Whats the best way to play this online? Been trying to drag a friend back down this terrible card game hole with me.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Devpro probably as it's the most consistently updated and functioning one.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Most of the thread uses YGOPro, I think.

I usually stick with Dueling Network unless I'm playing against the other guys here, but that's a personal taste thing.

Quincytbb
Oct 8, 2014

:laugh:

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Clearly it's going to be the new Super HERO archetype with all your favorite Knock Offs like Super HERO Webslinger and Super HERO Lasereye.

Fake EDIT: Whats the best way to play this online? Been trying to drag a friend back down this terrible card game hole with me.

I'm not gonna lie, I would play the poo poo out of the archetype. Best way to play online is YGOpro in my experience.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
I was looking for a vaguely competitive deck I could make on a small budget, and ended up with this Lightsworn/Shaddoll/Chaos thing. It basically crushed the friend I played with the most, not only continuing the power creep we had going on (my structure deck vs his mash of cards, his sorted mash of cards vs my structure deck, my upgraded structure deck vs his sorted mash of cards, etc) but also turning into something right out of the anime.

Like, I felt kind of bad for how badly the deck was kicking his rear end so I switched decks with him. He just straight up never drew anything useful. It switched back to me, bam I get all the cards I ever wanted. He used it again and it's worthless.

The ~Heart of the Cards~ is real.

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

Free Headcrab posted:

Monsters:
3x Sabersaurus
1x Rescue Rabbit
3x Cardcar D
3x Maxx "C" (No room for actual backrow so maxing out on hand traps)
3x Effect Veiler (out to Denko Sekka on opponents turn)

Spells:
2x Magic Planter (3 clogs, mostly used on Imperial custom when I xyz away my trap monsters)
3x Upstart Goblin
3x Pot of Duality
1x Book of Moon (Out to Denko)
2x Forbidden Chalice (Out to Denko sekka on my turn)
1x Raigeki

Traps
1x Vanity's Emptiness (Game winner with custom)
3x Imperial Custom
3x Earthen Spider Statue
3x Swamp Mirror
3x Quantum Cat
2x Cyber Shadow Gardna

Extra Deck:

2x Evolzar Laggia
1x Evolzar Dolkka
1x Draccosack (made with 2 statues to finish games)
1x Castel
1x Cowboy
Any other powerful rank 4s you want to run (Chidori, Zerofyne, Blade Ninja, etc)
Any synchros you want to summon with veiler

I really like this build but I had a lot of problems with my monster being hit AFTER I pulled the Vanity's Emptiness /. Imperial Custom combo and there's no cards to stop an attack so you just kind of die pretty quickly. I gotta say though, I've never heard of the Vanities + Custom combo and it's fuckin' sweet. The only problem is, as I stated, you stop your entire deck as Trap Monsters are Specal Summon only. This also stops Rescue Rabbit from being useful, and any Xyz/Synchro.

The deck has really amazing draw because there were multiple times in my testing where I'd have Upstart or Duality in my first hand and draw into another Duality or Upstart and just have a nice huge burst of power next turn.

The Vanities + Custom combo really hurts things though. I've tried it early, mid, and late game and if they can get rid of your monsters (as long as they're not Trap Monsters only), you're basically dead with no way to help you.

Maybe I'm not playing it right. :( I'll play test more tomorrow.

Free Headcrab
Jan 3, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Magic planter gets you out of vanity's. I normally keep 1 in hand if I see vanity's and use it to end my own lock. Also if you chain vanity's to stop something you can chain all your trap monsters afterward and still summon them. I find that vanity's is best part of the deck and everything worked better when I could run 3 vanity's with 3 planter.

I'm not the best deck builder so there is probably a much better way to build this. But I think I am on to something good with the dino and xyz aspect.

Free Headcrab fucked around with this message at 14:42 on May 9, 2015

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

Free Headcrab posted:

Magic planter gets you out of vanity's. I normally keep 1 in hand if I see vanity's and use it to end my own lock. Also if you chain vanity's to stop something you can chain all your trap monsters afterward and still summon them. I find that vanity's is best part of the deck and everything worked better when I could run 3 vanity's with 3 planter.

I'm not the best deck builder so there is probably a much better way to build this. But I think I am on to something good with the dino and xyz aspect.

I figured that but the big problem I've had with Planter is it rarely comes out but I did try it at 3 and it did clog so...

Vanity is an amazing part of the deck though and it stops most decks cold with that lock. Not even a Raigeki can stop it. :v: However, banishing effects can...fuckin' Dimension Fissure..

I do think you're on to something though! Dino Trap Rabbit. haha Making a Divine/Dinosaur cat that is both alive and dead will always be fun.

Free Headcrab
Jan 3, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I plan on building this deck in real life now that I have the spider statues. I think the deck could benefit greatly from some kind of monster engine. I could easily see replacing cardcar and duality with something else. And I would probably drop magic planter entirely along with side decking the vanity's. You really don't have a good target for planter most of the time. I never want to get rid of a spider statue, and I almost always xyz with all the other traps. I normally end up using it on face-up copies of imperial custom after they have done their job.

If you figure anything else out while testing let me know. I definitely think Carcar, duality, and planter are pretty weak cards but they all just dig for spider. This deck gets some pretty terrible hands and these 3 cards seem to help fix that but drawing multiples of any of them is really bad

Gardna might not be the best choice either. Even though it is re-usable I find that it's utility is really low and it really clogs the backrow. however, combined with Spider statue it can win games if they don't have a way to deal with recurring destruction.

Free Headcrab fucked around with this message at 21:50 on May 9, 2015

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

Free Headcrab posted:

I plan on building this deck in real life now that I have the spider statues. I think the deck could benefit greatly from some kind of monster engine. I could easily see replacing cardcar and duality with something else. And I would probably drop magic planter entirely along with side decking the vanity's. You really don't have a good target for planter most of the time. I never want to get rid of a spider statue, and I almost always xyz with all the other traps. I normally end up using it on face-up copies of imperial custom after they have done their job.

If you figure anything else out while testing let me know. I definitely think Carcar, duality, and planter are pretty weak cards but they all just dig for spider. This deck gets some pretty terrible hands and these 3 cards seem to help fix that but drawing multiples of any of them is really bad

Gardna might not be the best choice either. Even though it is re-usable I find that it's utility is really low and it really clogs the backrow. however, combined with Spider statue it can win games if they don't have a way to deal with recurring destruction.

Have you tried Fire Hand/Ice Hand?

Free Headcrab
Jan 3, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I haven't tried fire and ice hand but I don't think that the deck really needs more targeted destruction removal. I am going to try out grand mole as extra removal since I don't use my normally summon most turns. I am also testing out no planter or vanity's. Add me on devpro if you want to playtest. My name is josh1622

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

The hands are some amazing cards that work in so many decks. I really like going against them because it forces you to plan out your plays a little more.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

I feel like the hardest part about preparing for any locals come this summer is going to be finalizing my decklist for Ghostrick Monarchs. I have at least 20 different decklists I've used.

Also playing against Volcanics I guess they're called and god they're annoying.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I'm bored of every deck I use normally and not confident enough to build one from scratch.

Give me ideas for a Synchro-focused deck (can use any other summoning type, I'm just really not accustomed to using Synchro and want to fix that) based around cool-rear end Synchro Dragons (Signer, Duel, Clear Wing, all works).

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Blaze Dragon posted:

I'm bored of every deck I use normally and not confident enough to build one from scratch.

Give me ideas for a Synchro-focused deck (can use any other summoning type, I'm just really not accustomed to using Synchro and want to fix that) based around cool-rear end Synchro Dragons (Signer, Duel, Clear Wing, all works).

Dark Synchro and Plant Synchro are the strongest of the Synchro decks as I recall.

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

Dragunities :(

I really wish Ravine wasn't hit so hard. I understand why it needed to be, but drat. I loved that deck and it's pretty much dead in the water without it.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Blaze Dragon posted:

Yang Zing.

Myriad Truths
Oct 13, 2012

Cabinet posted:

The hands are some amazing cards that work in so many decks. I really like going against them because it forces you to plan out your plays a little more.

What I'm less fond of regarding the Hands is that they feel like they're way too slow and grindy and reliant on the opponent destroying your cards to do anything against stupid meta decks, but incredibly punishing to fair decks. It's the reverse of anti-Meta.

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

Myriad Truths posted:

What I'm less fond of regarding the Hands is that they feel like they're way too slow and grindy and reliant on the opponent destroying your cards to do anything against stupid meta decks, but incredibly punishing to fair decks. It's the reverse of anti-Meta.

I can usually find a place for them in my not meta decks, and I can't usually find place for them in the meta decks I build :shrug:

I understand what you mean by that though. They can be a difficult obstacle to overcome but that's why I like them. Idk.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Blaze Dragon posted:

Gusto

Oh you want Dragons... Hunder Vylon can get out Stardust...

Senerio fucked around with this message at 04:49 on May 10, 2015

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Blaze Dragon posted:

Tech Genus Synchro Dragon Spam.

I once had a Tech Genus Slifer deck. It was the coolest.

Koguma
Sep 1, 2007

One of the Big Seven !!
D. HERO/Dark Synchro-DAD is fun as heck when you pull out a field of double Void Ogre Dragon/Beelze of the Dark Dragons and Plasma.

It can actually compete I feel, since the introduction of Shadow Mist and Dark Law, but runs into lots of brick hands with Malicious.

mistressminako
Aug 4, 2007

Beware the man in the wheelchair lurking off-screen.

Watched the raw. So much anticipation for Goyo Guardian. Jean chess mastering the duel was an interesting way to introduce his character.

Asanuma is in the cast list for next week, so prepare for Crow.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Hahah Security uses a bunch of Goyo monsters!
And they all special summon in attack position. Wonderful.

Also quickdraw speedroid hype. Here's to more and better tuners as well as monsters that get them back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Hahah Security uses a bunch of Goyo monsters!
And they all special summon in attack position. Wonderful.

Also quickdraw speedroid hype. Here's to more and better tuners as well as monsters that get them back.

Tell me when this filler arc is over.