Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Normal Not Odd
Nov 5, 2003

what a t e r r i b l e world

what a b e a u t i f u l world

Spermgod posted:

his tapes are in the shed

I thought his tapes were in the enclosed pool area.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

haha that's the thing from when Chris Benoit killed his family with wrestling moves I remember that

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Normal Not Odd
Nov 5, 2003

what a t e r r i b l e world

what a b e a u t i f u l world
^^^^that is pretty great

oatgan posted:

haha that's the thing from when Chris Benoit killed his family with wrestling moves I remember that

Haha yeah man I know. I put a lot of effort and thought into it. Glad you liked. Please subscribe.

Normal Not Odd fucked around with this message at 15:36 on May 8, 2015

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

now just add Curt Axel peaking through the blinds and its pure PSP

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
He has a rolodex.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

It needs a bunch of TNA merch/posters on the floor under a fresh coil of Meltzdook.

e: Apparently Ric Flair has a drat podcast now? It's called Wooooooooo Nation and the first guest is Kurt Angle.

flashy_mcflash fucked around with this message at 16:28 on May 8, 2015

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...

flashy_mcflash posted:

It needs a bunch of TNA merch/posters on the floor under a fresh coil of Meltzdook.

e: Apparently Ric Flair has a drat podcast now? It's called Wooooooooo Nation and the first guest is Kurt Angle.

I hope his editor is paid by the hour.

BlueArmyMan
Mar 30, 2007
Hooloovoo

Muddy Burphy posted:

Who's in the framed picture next to the Cyborg/Carano poster? It looks like An Snow and Tito Ortiz, but I can't wrap my head around a reason that would happen.

TNA?

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Muddy Burphy posted:

By someone who isn't Ric Flair so he actually gets the money.

Big Bob Pataki
Jan 23, 2009

The Bob that Refreshes
That picture is everything I could have ever hoped it would be.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

flashy_mcflash posted:

I think Dave said in yesterday's update he's Flair's guest next week. Which admittedly should be great, assuming an Austin isn't pulled and it's accidentally not recorded.

81sidewinder
Sep 8, 2014

Buying stocks on the day of the crash
Bill Simmons is leaving ESPN.

WWE tweeting about it today - https://twitter.com/WWEUniverse/status/596698962591100930

Back when Bill sat in on commentary, Dave said it was 'interesting' which is Big Dave code for "I know something, but can't say what'.

If Bill does anything with WWE, big Dave called it.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

81sidewinder posted:

Back when Bill sat in on commentary, Dave said it was 'interesting' which is Big Dave code for "I know something, but can't say what'.

If Bill does anything with WWE, big Dave called it.

Was that the one where Dave went on a big rant about what it means when he says something is interesting? That was amazing.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

So far, the best part of the Jericho/Ambrose paranormalcast is finding out how much Bo Dallas and Bray Wyatt love Ancient Aliens.

Viper_3000
Apr 26, 2005

I could give a shit about all that.

triplexpac posted:

Was that the one where Dave went on a big rant about what it means when he says something is interesting? That was amazing.

No that was recent, like within the last 2 months recent. I can't remember what it was about though.

EDIT: Was it when Taz left and thanked everyone in TNA personally except Josh Matthews?

81sidewinder
Sep 8, 2014

triplexpac posted:

Viper_3000 posted:

No that was recent, like within the last 2 months recent. I can't remember what it was about though.

EDIT: Was it when Taz left and thanked everyone in TNA personally except Josh Matthews?

It's for sure referencing the Taz/Josh Matthews issue.

"I'm not doing this for my health!" - Big Dave

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Mormon Juggernaut posted:

Don't worry guys. He's got a fire extinguisher in that deathtrap.

was it ever confirmed if that's Mickey Rourke's chair on the left

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

Muddy Burphy posted:

Good thing non-existent figures don't need to be paid!

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Lumbermouth posted:

So far, the best part of the Jericho/Ambrose paranormalcast is finding out how much Bo Dallas and Bray Wyatt love Ancient Aliens.

Shows like Ancient Aliens or that 50 minute Youtube about the Illuminati messages in Back to the Future are incredible because they're just mislabeled shows about undiagnosed mental disorders.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Lumbermouth posted:

Haha yeah, he made it sound like they pretty much just accept whatever they see on television as fact.

"Dean, there's this little dude who lives in a pineapple under the sea! :aaa:"

It was a neat podcast, Dean just wanted to shoot the poo poo with Jericho about weird poo poo, and that was a lot of fun, even if some of the moon stuff was pretty cringeworthy - like Jericho suggesting that maybe the moon landings were faked possibly because otherwise we'd have amazing spaceships now since phones and computers are so much better today than they were even a few years ago.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

It was a neat podcast, Dean just wanted to shoot the poo poo with Jericho about weird poo poo, and that was a lot of fun, even if some of the moon stuff was pretty cringeworthy - like Jericho suggesting that maybe the moon landings were faked possibly because otherwise we'd have amazing spaceships now since phones and computers are so much better today than they were even a few years ago.

Well if we really went to the moon then why isn't there a Starbucks up there?

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

Jericho's podcast has made me very grateful that he didn't go into any career that would require a semblance of responsibility or intelligence.

Dean busting out gigantopithecus was awesome. He may believe in some zany poo poo but at least he does his research.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

Muddy Burphy posted:

Who's in the framed picture next to the Cyborg/Carano poster? It looks like An Snow and Tito Ortiz, but I can't wrap my head around a reason that would happen.

In the early days of UFC Al Snow was Dan Severn's cornerman (or just his friend who was at cageside, something like that) so I want to believe that's who it is

I want Dave Meltzer's office to have a framed picture involving Al Snow. That's the world I now live in

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Stuff from 2001 that could have been written yesterday.

Dave after Buff vs. Booker T flopped.

quote:

what was notable about WCW was that fewer people bought tickets, but those that did, made far more noise during the matches themselves. Even during the period where Vince McMahon started turning WWF back around after its nadir, the crowd reactions for WCW's matches, and that company was already being booked into oblivion, were stronger than WWF, where, whether it be its glory days of the 80s or the late 90s, people used to remark how the crowd popped for ring entrances and died once the bell rang, until they recognized somebody doing their signature finisher.

Bryan Alvarez at King of the Indies.

quote:

It built to a spot where Styles hit him with the pancake piledriver (called the Styles Clash) off the middle rope, which I thought FOR SURE was the finish. It wasn’t, however, and Daniels came back a minute or two later to get the win. I hate to complain about this match, but I personally would not have put that move in there, because it looked so freaking devastating

UltimoDragonQuest fucked around with this message at 08:12 on May 9, 2015

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

Bryan at King of the Indies.

That was Christopher Daniels, but it brings up a thing I've been kinda curious about; was the Styles Clash a really big move when he started doing it? It was never really anything to me when I saw it until now, since he's ended the careers of a few people with it recently.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Swagger Dagger posted:

That was Christopher Daniels, but it brings up a thing I've been kinda curious about; was the Styles Clash a really big move when he started doing it? It was never really anything to me when I saw it until now, since he's ended the careers of a few people with it recently.

He was a flippy spot monkey back then so he'd probably finish off with spinal tap.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I finally listened to

"He'll let you go... because it's fake" and it cracked me up. ***** PNWP story. :golfclap:

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

The most disconcerting thing about that Davey 'The Observor' Meltzer pic is who the gently caress sits like that at their desk!?

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

HerraS posted:

The most disconcerting thing about that Davey 'The Observor' Meltzer pic is who the gently caress sits like that at their desk!?

Someone who is told to "act natural" when they're getting a photo taken of them for an article?

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Dave probably sits like that anyway. He's Dave.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

HerraS posted:

He has to be ready to jump up at any second to evacuate his perpetually burning house, take a geodude for his cough, or field calls from the Rock and Putin.

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

I've seen this picture a million times and never noticed the Hoarder-style mess of paper covering the floor :psyduck: or the very necessary fire extinguisher in the corner.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

WeaponX posted:

I've seen this picture a million times and never noticed the Hoarder-style mess of paper covering the floor :psyduck: or the very necessary fire extinguisher in the corner.

It's probably a gimmicked fire extinguisher from the great Strangler/Lincoln match of 1869

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

WeaponX posted:

On the post-mania observer, Bryan said that it's worse than that now

81sidewinder
Sep 8, 2014

So, we can assume one of two things about this photo for the New York Times. Either Dave doesn't give a gently caress, and is not willing to clean his office for them, or what we are seeing is the cleaned-up version.

AJ Styles pioneer award is also a nice touch. :v:

Another Person
Oct 21, 2010
That TIJ with Dean was preeeetty good. Basically 2 minutes of wrestling politics were discussed (diva appearance when off the clock and how attitudes have changed for the good slightly since the 90s and 00s), and then just another 50 odd minutes of total dumb bullshit about Bigfoot, the Loch Ness monster, Tibetan monks who worship a yeti scalp (also, Dean says at one point they showed the scalp to JFK... in the 70s or 80s. Yeah), Dean chatting ghost stories with the Usos, and my favourite bit, the fact that Bo and Bray buy into literally any Nat Geo, Discovery or History channel conspiracy show that is put in front of them. I like how, as a believer in the possibility of Bigfoot and ghosts, Dean Ambrose manages to position himself as one of the saner backstage guys.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you
Haha oh god I just noticed the crazy angle Dave's leg is bent

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

The TNA Asylum Pioneer Award in there is just perfect

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Jesus I just noticed what appears to be a box for a new computer monitor underneath the desk on the left. This makes dave using that hilarious crt even better

• Locked thread