Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Tell him to gently caress off. We don't want him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
Really want Golson in Georgia. That BCS game vs Notre Dame was too much fun to not have seconds

Jeremor
Jun 1, 2009

Drop Your Nuts

I really didn't think Spurrier was even interested. I thought he wouldn't really even entertain the idea of bringing in some unfamiliar QB to screw with the chemistry of the team and suck up a year of experience for our other quarterbacks. Essentially, we'd be getting a guy that's as new to the system as a freshman with athletic talents not all that much better than the incoming Lorenzo Nunez.

Ugh. Hope these reports are wrong.

Zifnab
Aug 21, 2005

Hope Springs Eternal

Manoueverable posted:

:laffo: Our one good player, WR John Ross III, is gonna miss all of next year with probably a knee injury

UW gonna be a loving doormat y'all

No QB, no WRs, no legit RB and a line that will probably max out at mediocre. Should be a fun offense to watch.

And we lost 6 of our front 7 on defense.

Good lord

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Everett Golson should take over the hometown Coastal Carolina Chanticleers

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun

Raku posted:

Really want Golson in Georgia. That BCS game vs Notre Dame was too much fun to not have seconds
I was about to make a comment about Georgia having to get past two-time defending SEC East champs Missouri for that to happen, but hey, apparently Alabama plays Georgia in the regular season this year.

This also reminded me that Missouri blew Florida out last year on 119 yards of total offense. Probably the funniest game I saw all year.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Florida Georgia-Southerning UGA is a personal favorite

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx

Ghost of Reagan Past posted:

This also reminded me that Missouri blew Florida out last year on 119 yards of total offense. Probably the funniest game I saw all year.

Pretty sure there was a point in that game where Missouri had under 100 yards of offense and led 42-0.

Also there was that game where Florida played not-Jeff Driskel for a single quarter against Tenneseee and that was enough to win.

Basically every Florida game is hilarious nowadays.

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

Scarf posted:

Well, maybe the Chargers are regretting losing Clipboard Jesus and are hoping Cole will be the 2nd Coming...

Charlie has had one of the all time great NFL careers. Made like 10+ million to play in like 5 games.

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs

Zifnab posted:

No QB, no WRs, no legit RB and a line that will probably max out at mediocre. Should be a fun offense to watch.

And we lost 6 of our front 7 on defense.

Good lord

To be fair, when has our O-line been anywhere above mediocre in like the last decade or so? Even when they were blocking for Sankey they were still not great at blocking and terrible at pass pro (hence why we never loving threw the ball downfield)

If Petersen gets even 4 wins out of these jokers I'll be impressed

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Slate Action posted:

Sho nuff.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Interesting piece hit SBNation today on the pecking order of Big 12 seconaries. http://www.footballstudyhall.com/2015/5/8/8568175/applying-the-rule-of-3-to-the-2015-big-12-best-secondaries-Baylor-Bears-TCU-Horned-Frogs

This guy likes Baylor's secondary the best of all the teams he had as likely to compete for the conference title, which was a bit of a surprise to me. I mean, I feel like our secondary could take a big step forward with a more athletic NB coming in and our corners getting deeper and more seasoned, but I am of course a homer. Didn't realize Ryan Reid had 12 pass breakups last year - he was something of a punching bag for Baylor fans since he gave up more big plays than Xavien Howard did for most of the season, but he also made some really nice plays and 12 PBUs is a pretty sexy stat for a sophomore. Hope he can build on that.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

lamentable dustman posted:

Charlie has had one of the all time great NFL careers. Made like 10+ million to play in like 5 games.

With the most important stat of all... Zero concussions. At least as far as i know.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
An ISU recruit was over at a friend's house the other day and they found said friend's dad's gun, decided to play with it, and he accidently shot himself in the hand. Because ISU is apparently recruiting 6 year olds now.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

I miss Will Muschamp already.

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun

Slate Action posted:

They had a really funny run.

That he lost to Georgia Southern, an FCS team that didn't complete a single pass against Florida, and got another season, is probably the Florida Muschamp era in a nutshell.

NippleFloss posted:

I miss Will Muschamp already.
It's just not going to be the same glancing at the box scores and wondering what the gently caress Florida is doing.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

That he lost to Georgia Southern, an FCS team that didn't complete a single passagainst Florida, and got another season, is probably the Florida Muschamp era in a nutshell.

F R I T Z S P R E A D B I T C H

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun

Alouicious posted:

F R I T Z S P R E A D B I T C H
That was actually Jeff Monken running the Paul Johnson offense.

2014 was Willie Fritz's first year, and that Georgia Southern didn't get to claim the Sun Belt championship this season or go to a bowl game because completely pointless NCAA rules is a travesty.

Nur_Neerg
Sep 1, 2004

The Lumbering but Unstoppable Sasquatch of the Appalachians

Spiritus Nox posted:

Interesting piece hit SBNation today on the pecking order of Big 12 seconaries. http://www.footballstudyhall.com/2015/5/8/8568175/applying-the-rule-of-3-to-the-2015-big-12-best-secondaries-Baylor-Bears-TCU-Horned-Frogs

This guy likes Baylor's secondary the best of all the teams he had as likely to compete for the conference title, which was a bit of a surprise to me. I mean, I feel like our secondary could take a big step forward with a more athletic NB coming in and our corners getting deeper and more seasoned, but I am of course a homer. Didn't realize Ryan Reid had 12 pass breakups last year - he was something of a punching bag for Baylor fans since he gave up more big plays than Xavien Howard did for most of the season, but he also made some really nice plays and 12 PBUs is a pretty sexy stat for a sophomore. Hope he can build on that.

I dunno man...our starting So. CB had 15 playing with a broken wrist all year :v:

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

I was about to make a comment about Georgia having to get past two-time defending SEC East champs Missouri for that to happen, but hey, apparently Alabama plays Georgia in the regular season this year.

Imagine being at that game. Imagine it also being homecoming. I wanted a refund

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

pillsburysoldier posted:

Florida Georgia-Southerning UGA is a personal favorite

Friggin Grantham tamed Tech and Southern well enough, which made Pruitt's defense yakking it up to that stuff all the more frustrating.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

I was about to make a comment about Georgia having to get past two-time defending SEC East champs Missouri for that to happen

In their first four regular seasons in the SEC, Missouri will have played...

Alabama once
Auburn never
LSU never.

Imagine that Joe Cox UGA team, somehow playing Vandy six times, Florida after the team's bus exploded with everyone on board twice, and winning the SEC East twice in a row. That's the Tigers. Mizzou is the X-Pac of the SEC and a 60-point UGA win in Sanford this year wouldn't be enough for me.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

Ah the failings of an 8 team schedule in a 14 team conference with permanent cross division rivals. THE loving WORST.

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun

D.N. Nation posted:

Alabama once
Auburn never
LSU never.

Imagine that Joe Cox UGA team, somehow playing Vandy six times, Florida after the team's bus exploded with everyone on board twice, and winning the SEC East twice in a row. That's the Tigers. Mizzou is the X-Pac of the SEC and a 60-point UGA win in Sanford this year wouldn't be enough for me.
A blowout loss didn't stop 'em last year

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious

D.N. Nation posted:

Alabama once
Auburn never
LSU never.

Yes, sorry Missouri in its 3 years in the SEC couldn't have played all the amazing SEC West teams already and is stuck playing in the SEC East. Also lol about Missouri getting to play Florida after the team's bus exploding but Georgia losing badly to the very same team.

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Do you smell what The Mauk is cooking?

D.N. Nation posted:

Alabama once
Auburn never
LSU never.

As xpac would say, suck it

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

A blowout loss didn't stop 'em last year

Alas, it probably won't this year either. Mizzou's schedule:

- 3 OOC patsies before SEC play starts. At least it isn't their customary 6 or whatever. I swear, Mizzou starts SEC play every year in like November, it's crazy.
- @ UK, who sucks.
- South Carolina
- Florida, who sucks.
- Georgia 45, Mizzou 7
- @ Vanderbilt, who sucks.
- Miss. State
- BYU at a neutral site, why not. They'll probably lose by three scores and spend the rest of the year being all Tee hee! We made the SEC look bad! Aren't we the cutest? the way they did with the Indiana (??? !!!) loss last year.
- Tennessee
- @ Arkansas

There it is. Outside of getting drubbed by Georgia, they have one SEC road game of any consequence against the same bunch of halfwits and fumbling jukers (Arkansas) who handed the East to them last season. They play 13 or so conference games at home. Their OOC is equal parts terrible and humiliating once they blow the BYU game. Another trip to Atlanta awaits!

A free tip, America. These are Missouri's best offensive plays:

- Hansbrough runs into the line for a 2-yard gain.
- Mauk is sacked, helmet-to-helmet is called, automatic first down.
- Mauk throws an INT, late hit on the QB is called, automatic first down.
- Mauk fumbles, the other team picks it up, they themselves fumble, Mizzou recovers for a first down.

Ugh. This friggin team. Yeah, Georgia blew it last year. I know. But you shouldn't be happy with that. Georgia was capable of taking a rail gun to its own foot but also had awesome players who did awesome things and played in fun, fun games. Nick Chubb is fun. Mizzou is not fun. They're anti-fun. Don't root for that. Don't be happy with that.

D.N. Nation fucked around with this message at 00:06 on May 9, 2015

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun
You've given me some very good reasons to adopt Missouri as my SEC team, sorry.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Jeremor posted:

I really didn't think Spurrier was even interested. I thought he wouldn't really even entertain the idea of bringing in some unfamiliar QB to screw with the chemistry of the team and suck up a year of experience for our other quarterbacks. Essentially, we'd be getting a guy that's as new to the system as a freshman with athletic talents not all that much better than the incoming Lorenzo Nunez.

Ugh. Hope these reports are wrong.
Spurrier lives to gently caress with his own QBs' chemistry.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

You've given me some very good reasons to adopt Missouri as my SEC team, sorry.

You do that. Enjoy watching those games. I dare you.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

D.N. Nation posted:

if mizzou has a brad smith/chase daniels like qb they are quite enjoyable to watch

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun

D.N. Nation posted:

I thoroughly enjoyed the Florida-Mizzou game last year. It was a thing of beauty.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Metapod posted:

if mizzou has a brad smith/chase daniels like qb they are quite enjoyable to watch

They do not.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
That WR that came sprinting back at fast-forward speeds was pretty great.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

You guys are making me really sad.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

LeeMajors posted:

You guys are making me really sad.

I miss Florida being awesome. I'd rather get blown out by vintage Florida then smack around Mizzou and watch them waltz to Atlanta anyway.

There I said it.

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Do you smell what The Mauk is cooking?
it was cool when we ran the nfl blitz double pass on uga and they didn't bite on it at all and we still scored a touchdown

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

D.N. Nation posted:

I miss Florida being awesome.

We may be pretty good again in a few years. I'm hopeful we will be less painful to watch this year, but McElwain has a lot of fixing to do. Muschamp really hosed us up from top to bottom.

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

D.N. Nation posted:

I miss Florida being awesome. I'd rather get blown out by vintage Florida then smack around Mizzou and watch them waltz to Atlanta anyway.

There I said it.

Sounds almost as frustrating as beating Georgia three years in a row, beating everyone else in the East, and then watching Georgia play in Atlanta.

I find Missouri generally annoying, and our loss to them last year was total bullshit, but they don't move the needle too much for me. We're 2-1 against them, which includes one of the most thrilling games in school history, so I can't be too mad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

D.N. Nation posted:

There I said it.

Two years ago Missouri was legitimately decent, not great but pretty good. Last year the defense was ok but they tried their best to lose every game on the other side of the ball. Aside from the schedule If I were you I'd blame in no particular order Bret Bielema, Muschamp, South Carolina forgetting the game wasn't over, Tennessee for not getting good enough fast enough, Vandy for hiring a coach who immediately reminded everyone that they're Vanderbilt, and Texas A&M not understanding how defense works.

• Locked thread