Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Anyone know what time of day Marvel digital comics release?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

hiddenriverninja posted:

Thor's been on my account at Comixology for a few hours now. I think it's normally like 9am EST?

Elucidarius
Oct 14, 2006

hiddenriverninja posted:

Mine are always up at about 7:30 MST.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Gaz-L posted:

Thor's been on my account at Comixology for a few hours now. I think it's normally like 9am EST?

I guess Silk 3's been delayed then? I have a subscription through the Marvel app.

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

These Conway gangwar stories are loving awesome. And people should use Mr. Negative more often. His visual just works great for comics.

Though wasn't his identity outed at some point?

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
Just an FYI to anyone interested, Edge of Spiderverse #2 (first appearance of Spider-Gwen) is going for between $85 and $100. The variant cover I believe is going to for 200 to 300. Pretty loving crazy. It's easily the most valuable book I own.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
17.1 was great, I love when Spidey casually shows off that he's as tough as a truck.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

17.1 was great, I love when Spidey casually shows off that he's as tough as a truck.

I dunno, A Truck has proven pretty tough in the past.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

SalTheBard posted:

Just an FYI to anyone interested, Edge of Spiderverse #2 (first appearance of Spider-Gwen) is going for between $85 and $100. The variant cover I believe is going to for 200 to 300. Pretty loving crazy. It's easily the most valuable book I own.

It blows my mind. I let a complete set of the variants for for $175 a few months ago. I knew I should have waited. I do intend to get my EoS #2 graded shortly, hoping to cash in a bit.

Vulpes Vulpes
Apr 28, 2013

"...for you, it is all over...!"
Nothing to do with issue value, but when the book your story appears in is called Spider-Verse #2 and the most popular issue of the event is called Edge of Spider-Verse #2, your book kind of gets lost in the shuffle :mad:

trashbuilder
Dec 26, 2013

Look at all the poor opinions I have
i got a lovely second printing cause diamond lost my lcs's order :(

(Spider-gwen is good is as hell so i dont care)

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Silk was great, I freaking love when Henchmen talk about how lovely their situation is and why they have to hench.

I'm not that into X-Men, but i'm pretty sure I know who Clarendon Mart is in reference to. Spider-man & The X-Men ended adorably. All Spider-related stuff this week was adorable and great

MorningMoon fucked around with this message at 22:57 on Apr 29, 2015

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Silk is really good, yeah. I like Cat's new outfit, but I still think this new role for her is dumb (and the rare case of DC doing something similar to Marvel in the last decade where DC did it better) and is so obviously getting retconned when a new writer takes over ASM.

JohnnyCanuck
May 28, 2004

Strong And/Or Free
The last page of Spider-Man and the X-Men was wonderful. I'm sorry to see the book go, but they did end it at a really great point.

Dreqqus
Feb 21, 2013

BAMF!
Spider-man and the X-men was incredibly good. I really hope Kalan gets more books going forward.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition
Today's Spider-Woman was a fun book, but at least 90% of it is down to Javier Rodriguez's art. Dude was putting on a show.

JohnnyCanuck
May 28, 2004

Strong And/Or Free

JohnnyCanuck posted:

The last page of Spider-Man and the X-Men was wonderful.

Quoting myself, but can someone find me all the times Peter has gotten to say "Avengers Assemble!"?

Also all the times when it wasn't a joke? (I think there's only one of those)

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Wanderer posted:

Today's Spider-Woman was a fun book, but at least 90% of it is down to Javier Rodriguez's art. Dude was putting on a show.

I think that's a little unfair, the plot Hopeless has set up actually has me interested, and is nicely grey-area if it's what it's implied to be. It's totally understandable these women might want out of the lives of these men, but it's both perpetuating that life for the guys AND illegal as gently caress to blackmail them, not to mention cruel to do so by threatening murder or torture of kids, even if it's not real

That spread with the escape was p. sweet though.

Spider-Gwen was probably the strongest it's been so far, and is also the issue with the fewest cutesy in-jokes, which hopefully means the writer's weaning himself off that crutch.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
I'm hoping post Secret Wars shakes things up in Amazing because I'm having a harder and harder time justifying to myself why I keep reading it

JohnnyCanuck
May 28, 2004

Strong And/Or Free
I am enjoying the gangwar story in the Point Ones. It's nice that we're seeing real street-level stuff again.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

SalTheBard posted:

I'm hoping post Secret Wars shakes things up in Amazing because I'm having a harder and harder time justifying to myself why I keep reading it

Slott's not gonna let the comic go.

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

Lurdiak posted:

Slott's not gonna let the comic go.

Last I checked, the next few ASM comics won't be written by Slott and he'll be doing Renew Your Vows or something.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

ThermoPhysical posted:

Last I checked, the next few ASM comics won't be written by Slott and he'll be doing Renew Your Vows or something.

RYV is going to end with everyone involved dying horribly. I can feel it.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

Pureauthor posted:

RYV is going to end with everyone involved dying horribly. I can feel it.

Especially the reader.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Well, here's the latest word on the Spider side of Secret Wars.

It's weird that Lowe talks about hoe Renew Your Vows is 'taking where Brand New Day started and putting it down a different road'. Especially since Slott's repeatedly stated that the series is rooted in the late 80s/Early 90s (and borne out by the art suggesting that's the level of technology around-Peter's camera, the TV the Parkers have in their apartment). I've actually got a theory about that, but I doubt anyone wants to hear me :beck: about it.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!

JohnnyCanuck posted:

I am enjoying the gangwar story in the Point Ones. It's nice that we're seeing real street-level stuff again.

This is how I feel right now. It's nice to read a story that's just Spider-Man taking on crime bosses without the world/multiverse/time/etc. hanging in the balance.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

It's weird that there are going to be two point one issues that don't have corresponding regular issues that go with them.

I wonder if Slott was expecting to have 2 more issues to wrap up his plotlines. It'd explain why it the ending seems so rushed.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

JohnnyCanuck posted:

Quoting myself, but can someone find me all the times Peter has gotten to say "Avengers Assemble!"?

Also all the times when it wasn't a joke? (I think there's only one of those)

I'm pretty sure he's never said it.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

So, here's the Renew Your Vows preview.

Is it me, or does the kid seem to change size every other panel?

Also christ, the Regent (assuming that is the Regent) looks like a refugee from '90s Image. You can't even see his feet clearly!

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
We know what the A on his head wouldn't stand for, what about the A on Cap's chest there?

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Finally read the latest Spider-gwen. Amazing stuff as always but holy poo poo Rodrigez makes old people look scary as poo poo.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Yvonmukluk posted:

So, here's the Renew Your Vows preview.

Is it me, or does the kid seem to change size every other panel?

Also christ, the Regent (assuming that is the Regent) looks like a refugee from '90s Image. You can't even see his feet clearly!

So the pitch for this was just Slott going "So you know all those people who want Peter and MJ together? Well I'm going to make that book. But we're going to make it be the worst possible thing we can, and then just laugh and laugh." right?

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
I think the artists in Marvel are just really really bad at drawing children.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

TheJoker138 posted:

So the pitch for this was just Slott going "So you know all those people who want Peter and MJ together? Well I'm going to make that book. But we're going to make it be the worst possible thing we can, and then just laugh and laugh." right?

Expressively so, yes. Every interview about it has him going how you can't give people what they want or some cheap bullshit.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

The child changes between age 1 to 5 in all those panels. Dammit comic books.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Pureauthor posted:

I think the artists in Marvel are just really really bad at drawing children.

The only time I saw Valeria drawn the right age was in that X-23 comic. That's a pretty bad batting average.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Okay, the pokemon references in Silk have been cute so far but Johnny Storm and Peter playing an original Pokemon game on a huge flatscreen with PS4 controllers is too much. ...I do appreciate Peter looking smug since it looks like his squirtle beat Johnny's bulbasaur somehow.

Silk keeps being the cute light fun book that hits all the right spots for me.

MorningMoon fucked around with this message at 01:39 on May 14, 2015

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Okay, the pokemon references in Silk have been cute so far but Johnny Storm and Peter playing an original Pokemon game on a huge flatscreen with PS4 controllers is too much. ...I do appreciate Peter looking smug since it looks like his squirtle beat Johnny's bulbasaur somehow.

Dude, it's the Fantastic Four. Reed probably got irritated that his kids kept demanding new games that were on new-gen consoles so he just up and built a FantastiBox that plays every kind of video game ever made.

Then Val made it even better, somehow.

...dammit, I want this to have happened.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
A little bummed that Lee wasn't drawing this week's Silk. Martello's pencils were fine, and she wasn't a jarring shift in art style or anything, but Lee's art is a big part of the book for me in selling Cindy's personality and the action (granted, not much real action in this one).

Still hate EEEVIL Black Cat. Still kinda love that Jonah really likes Cindy, as opposed to Peter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Yeah, art shift wasn't that bad but it was a definite downgrade.

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

Dude, it's the Fantastic Four. Reed probably got irritated that his kids kept demanding new games that were on new-gen consoles so he just up and built a FantastiBox that plays every kind of video game ever made.

Then Val made it even better, somehow.

...dammit, I want this to have happened.

No, yeah, i totally get that they legit could've made it happen in-universe, just the fact that we go from textual pokemon reference to pokemon fanart to a slightly blurred screen from red or blue is strange in a good really strange way.

I honestly just assumed Reed built a super computer exclusively for games, like with ten OS running at the same time somehow to natively play old and new stuff and emulate whatever else. Then Valeria created the drives so the PS4 controllers can work on it and, like a good Richards, doesn't put them out for the world that needs them the most. Now I kinda want Reed to put up Galactus Simulator for the Oculus Rift, except no computer outside that building has the specs to run it.

• Locked thread