Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.

KomradeX posted:

one paper's headline is calling this him turning his backs on the police.

I hope he ends up alright, I've heard this can get you killed. :ohdear:

grah posted:

It was a really, really nice few days. You could literally feel how much less pressure there was in the city when everyone knew that sneaking a beer on the street or smoking a little weed wasn't going to turn into a giant pain in the rear end. Like, I have yet to find a single person who actually wanted that slowdown to end who isn't also a city budget official or police brass.

Hah, this is the first I've heard about what it was actually like, this is pretty hilarious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morkies
Apr 19, 2015

by zen death robot
The most elegant way to understand the recent spate of rioting is that part of the Federal government, using its proxies — which it supports through transfer payments in a variety of ways — is using proxies to diminish the authority of local police departments in order to replace them with units directly loyal to the Federal government.

While some may want to portray it as some sort of masterful conspiracy, it’s really more like a crazy, destructive, and transparent plot without a whole lot of mystery behind it or likely upside for all that many people.

In a recent private discussion I mentioned that it wouldn’t be all that shocking if some foreign power or another was bribing officials here and there to fan the flames — that would at least be more rational and understandable. It’d even be respectable.

It’d be something that could be more easily dealt with and deterred, perhaps, than just plain degeneration into incredibly poor quality governance.

In general, whatever your feelings about modern police — and I’ve tended to be critical of the concept — in a conflict between the local police and terror forces being used by the Federal government against small property holders — you should be siding with the people being attacked, because they’re ordinary citizens and small business owners.

Terrorizing these ordinary Americans into bankruptcy and into fleeing their cities is an evil action. The assaults and murders against ordinary people and cops are also evil, with no sane moral justification.

There’s a tendency in the way that American professors teach history that tends to regard ‘people power’ and popular movements as wonderful things — rather than precisely the sorts of movements which have bathed both Europe and Asia in the blood of tens of millions since the 18th century. Popular movements tend to create enormous destruction and chaos. Historians may rationalize after the fact that it was all in the service of something better, but careful analysis usually finds that revolutions are not, by and large, good things.

The riots are mobilizing people to use as terror forces against the civilian population in a variety of American cities. Right-thinking opinion is supposed to praise the terror campaigns against American civilians, in part because those campaigns are quite nakedly being used to usurp authority from local politicians in favor of Washington. There’s not even any ‘false flag’ there — the riots are just being nakedly instigated by the prestige press, certain political types, and various officials in the Federal government.

Taking the rhetoric of loose terror groups at face value — rather than focusing on their actions — is moronic. The pretense that terror by itself is a cleansing force is central to the left. While that pretense may seem safe and even exciting in the classroom, when brought into reality, it brings horror with it.

Talmonis
Jun 24, 2012
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.

Morkies posted:

The most elegant way to understand the recent spate of rioting is that part of the Federal government, using its proxies — which it supports through transfer payments in a variety of ways — is using proxies to diminish the authority of local police departments in order to replace them with units directly loyal to the Federal government.

While some may want to portray it as some sort of masterful conspiracy, it’s really more like a crazy, destructive, and transparent plot without a whole lot of mystery behind it or likely upside for all that many people.

In a recent private discussion I mentioned that it wouldn’t be all that shocking if some foreign power or another was bribing officials here and there to fan the flames — that would at least be more rational and understandable. It’d even be respectable.

It’d be something that could be more easily dealt with and deterred, perhaps, than just plain degeneration into incredibly poor quality governance.

In general, whatever your feelings about modern police — and I’ve tended to be critical of the concept — in a conflict between the local police and terror forces being used by the Federal government against small property holders — you should be siding with the people being attacked, because they’re ordinary citizens and small business owners.

Terrorizing these ordinary Americans into bankruptcy and into fleeing their cities is an evil action. The assaults and murders against ordinary people and cops are also evil, with no sane moral justification.

There’s a tendency in the way that American professors teach history that tends to regard ‘people power’ and popular movements as wonderful things — rather than precisely the sorts of movements which have bathed both Europe and Asia in the blood of tens of millions since the 18th century. Popular movements tend to create enormous destruction and chaos. Historians may rationalize after the fact that it was all in the service of something better, but careful analysis usually finds that revolutions are not, by and large, good things.

The riots are mobilizing people to use as terror forces against the civilian population in a variety of American cities. Right-thinking opinion is supposed to praise the terror campaigns against American civilians, in part because those campaigns are quite nakedly being used to usurp authority from local politicians in favor of Washington. There’s not even any ‘false flag’ there — the riots are just being nakedly instigated by the prestige press, certain political types, and various officials in the Federal government.

Taking the rhetoric of loose terror groups at face value — rather than focusing on their actions — is moronic. The pretense that terror by itself is a cleansing force is central to the left. While that pretense may seem safe and even exciting in the classroom, when brought into reality, it brings horror with it.

:stare:

The only terror campaigns being waged, are by the police forces across the country against poor black Americans.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Morkies posted:

Hang on, I need to refresh the thread, I think I'm seeing magic.

Nope, still there.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
El oh El

Morkies posted:

Now, I know people are always going on about their 'right' to defile their bodies, but should right really be given out carelessly like that?

It's been scientifically proven that acceptance of homosexuality brings famine, war, death, and natural disasters. Would you really feel safe around them?

Remember, there are many times in history where God punished his people for their moral degradation by handing them over to their enemies in war. Does no one notice that, as we in America prepare to defile the sacred institution of marriage, out enemy North Korea is preparing for war?

Talmonis
Jun 24, 2012
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.
This fellow will surely have a long life on SA. Thanks for the :10bux:

Spun Dog
Sep 21, 2004

Smellrose

Please Kyoon, tell us more.

Morkies
Apr 19, 2015

by zen death robot

Talmonis posted:

:stare:

The only terror campaigns being waged, are by the police forces across the country against poor black Americans.

It's interesting to me how the only 'terror' inflicted on black americans just happens to fall exclusively on violent criminals who assault police officers.

A Lamer
Jul 2, 2006

Morkies posted:

Please source your quotes.

Spatial
Nov 15, 2007

Morkies posted:

It's interesting to me how the only 'terror' inflicted on black americans just happens to fall exclusively on violent criminals who assault police officers.

Morkies
Apr 19, 2015

by zen death robot

Nice job posting a quote from another user in a feeble attempt to defame me.

As observant eyes can easily tell, that gentleman was 'morkyz' and I am 'morkies'

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
How does one give their body over to anger while they're on the job to a degree that they videotape themselves kicking a downed person in the head? Goddamn.

Morkies
Apr 19, 2015

by zen death robot

:smith:

Morkies
Apr 19, 2015

by zen death robot

No it isn't.

FourLeaf
Dec 2, 2011

Samurai Sanders posted:

How does one give their body over to anger while they're on the job to a degree that they videotape themselves kicking a downed person in the head? Goddamn.

Because they're confident the system will cover up their actions.

LunarShadow
Aug 15, 2013

Morkies posted:

No it isn't.

You may wanna take a look on your rap sheet.

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥
Looks like the personality splits run deep.

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!
Footage of dangerous inhuman animals who deserve a beat-down attacking police.

-Zydeco-
Nov 12, 2007

Talmonis posted:

This fellow will surely have a long life on SA. Thanks for the :10bux:

:ssh:
http://www.henrydampier.com/2015/05/federal-terror-against-local-peace/

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Morkies posted:

But how does Jade Helm 15 fit into it?

Edit: also, chemtrails?

PostNouveau fucked around with this message at 18:33 on May 8, 2015

Morkies
Apr 19, 2015

by zen death robot

don't sign your posts

ElCondemn
Aug 7, 2005

Morkies posted:

terror forces

Morkies posted:

terror campaigns

Morkies posted:

terror groups

Thank god, now we know it's all terrorism guys, lets send the troops in!

Morkies
Apr 19, 2015

by zen death robot

ElCondemn posted:

Thank god, now we know it's all terrorism guys, lets send the troops in!

'the troops' are federal lapdogs. What we need are locally organized White militias.

ElCondemn
Aug 7, 2005

Morkies posted:

'the troops' are federal lapdogs. What we need are locally organized White militias.

I agree, but maybe we should all wear some kind of outfit that will help identify us all as the white malitia, maybe some kind of robes with a hood or something so that the federal lapdogs won't be able to pick us out of a crowd.

Armani
Jun 22, 2008

Now it's been 17 summers since I've seen my mother

But every night I see her smile inside my dreams

Morkies posted:

Every loving white person I know sucks at shooting but they have all the guns.

Morkies
Apr 19, 2015

by zen death robot

Armani posted:

Every loving white person I know sucks at shooting but they have all the guns.

The rot runs deep, I agree.

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Are you guys retarded? You might as well be arguing with a chatbot, it couldn't be any more obvious this dude is trolling. Every time someone comes into this thread copy/pasting some outrageous post four or five of you dive on it like here's your chance to make a difference. I'll check back here after the requisite five pages of back and forth with this guy are over.

bango skank fucked around with this message at 22:03 on May 8, 2015

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011
I dunno man, I think he makes some really valid points about the importance of racial identity militias in federalism.

90s Solo Cup
Feb 22, 2011

To understand the cup
He must become the cup

Meanwhile, adventures in civil forfeiture, DEA-style:

quote:

It happened, Rivers said, to him on April 15 as he was traveling on Amtrak from Dearborn, Mich., near his hometown of Romulus, Mich., to Los Angeles to fulfill his dream of making a music video. Rivers, in an email, said he had saved his money for years, and his mother and other relatives scraped together the rest of the $16,000.

Rivers said he carried his savings in cash because he has had problems in the past with taking out large sums of money from out-of-state banks.

A DEA agent boarded the train at the Albuquerque Amtrak station and began asking various passengers, including Rivers, where they were going and why. When Rivers replied that he was headed to LA to make a music video, the agent asked to search his bags. Rivers complied.

Rivers was the only passenger singled out for a search by DEA agents – and the only black person on his portion of the train, Pancer said.

In one of the bags, the agent found the cash, still in the Michigan bank envelope.

“I even allowed him to call my mother, a military veteran and (hospital) coordinator, to corroborate my story,” Rivers said. “Even with all of this, the officers decided to take my money because he stated that he believed that the money was involved in some type of narcotic activity.”

Rivers was left penniless, his dream deferred.

“These officers took everything that I had worked so hard to save and even money that was given to me by family that believed in me,” Rivers said in his email. “I told (the DEA agents) I had no money and no means to survive in Los Angeles if they took my money. They informed me that it was my responsibility to figure out how I was going to do that.”

http://www.abqjournal.com/580107/news/dea-agents-seize-16000-from-aspiring-music-video-producer.html

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.
CNN is running a headline story about the Baltimore case. "Charged Cops: Remove Her", basically calling for the attorney to be removed. She is insisting she'll stay on, but man, the cops seem really goddamn scared of her. I guess they never expected to see a prosecutor that would treat them like criminals when they commit crimes.

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
So, Mosby has a family tree full of cops.

See, she actually knows cops and this is something that is detrimental. What we need is someone who is not a cop, but possibly always wanted to be one and/or has delusions and hero worship of cops.

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Of course, CNN basically ran the accusations unchallenged. Maybe they're hoping for more riots if she gets removed.

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

GlyphGryph posted:

Of course, CNN basically ran the accusations unchallenged. Maybe they're hoping for more riots if she gets removed.
CNN is currently running a multi-day series of reports uncritically repeating North Korean propaganda from Pyongyang. Their simpering love for authoritarianism knows no bounds.

Thesaurasaurus
Feb 15, 2010

"Send in Boxbot!"

hobotrashcanfires posted:

I wish anyone else in this country had unions that would completely disregard reality in our defense.

Well hey, he's not wrong. If it weren't for the recent massive public outcry against police brutality, this probably would have been swept under the rug as usual.

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Rent-A-Cop posted:

CNN is currently running a multi-day series of reports uncritically repeating North Korean propaganda from Pyongyang. Their simpering love for authoritarianism knows no bounds.

I don't know whether or not this actually true. I think they just jump on stories that easy and superficial, and are always hoping for more stories they can report on that are easy and superficial. Also, their headline writers are terrible. Their "Lord of the Flies" article about Baltimore was actually pretty good, but you wouldn't have gotten it from that headline.

GlyphGryph fucked around with this message at 01:59 on May 9, 2015

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES
Reprinting press releases as, "news," has pretty low overhead.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

GlyphGryph posted:

I don't know whether or not this actually true. I think they just jump on stories that easy and superficial, and are always hoping for more stories they can report on that are easy and superficial. Also, their headline writers are terrible. Their "Lord of the Flies" article about Baltimore was actually pretty good, but you wouldn't have gotten it from that headline.

Three months of coverage on the latest plane that went missing.

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

At least they haven't been as bad as fox, bringing on "anonymous sources" to make up bullshit fantasy stories that don't even agree with each other.

Reading the news of various websites definitely gives the feeling a chunk of the media really really doesn't seem to like the idea these cops might be charged any more than the cops do.

GlyphGryph fucked around with this message at 02:21 on May 9, 2015

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

GlyphGryph posted:

Reading the news of various websites definitely gives the feeling a chunk of the media really really doesn't seem to like the idea these cops might be charged any more than the cops do.

A lot of crime reporters spend all their time talking to police and tend to slowly adopt the idea that suspects are all inhuman scum who must be stomped out by our brave, brave officers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

GlyphGryph posted:

At least they haven't been as bad as fox, bringing on "anonymous sources" to make up bullshit fantasy stories that don't even agree with each other.

At least we got to see two different Fox shows with different "anonymous sources" contradict each other within the span of an hour.

• Locked thread