Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

SkunkDuster posted:

But... you said if I made it through, I'm free.

I lied.

Oh my god it's Molly Ringwald and MICHAEL IRONSIDE?!? I feel like I should watch this...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Snak posted:

Oh my god it's Molly Ringwald and MICHAEL IRONSIDE?!? I feel like I should watch this...

I wouldn't bother. I saw it on the first run. It wasn't very impressive when I was nine, and I doubt it's improved.

New_User
Oct 26, 2005

Kim Jong-Erkel?
There is a movie that I saw when I was a kid (90's) and I have been trying to figure out for the life of me what it was. I believe that my family rented it. What I can recall is that the movie was based on a kid looking for game pieces, I think they were letters (A, B, C, etc.). The kid goes looking for these game pieces by himself by fashioning wooden blocks so that he can drive a car and reach the pedals. At one point I think the kids hair goes partly white or all white from stress or what not. I'm sorry that I have such little information but I am dying to remember the name of this movie.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Most likely Motorama:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whD9mudTmJ8

Sir Nose
Mar 28, 2009

Wow I remember reading about this movie in Film Threat back in the day, and thought it was never released. Was it any good? While FT gave the impression it had potential, that trailer looks pretty awful.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
It's an OK movie, sort of a surreal road movie. I enjoyed it when I watched it.

New_User
Oct 26, 2005

Kim Jong-Erkel?

That's it! Thanks Light Gun Man.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Bear with me; this would be the late 80s or early 90s, no later than 97. It was a movie on TV, possibly a made for TV movie. There was a woman in front of a wall, possibly brick, that was distraught about something. A man approaches her, I believe he was black and about middle aged, she may have also been black. He tries to comfort her a little, says she should come to the party they're having near the wall to help calm herself down. She gets very upset and murders him, maybe with a brick to the head. Either soon after that or later after the funeral, another woman goes to the spot where the man was murdered, obviously upset about it. I remember him seeming very nice and concerned about the woman who eventually murdered him. This second woman begins tearing the wall down, and other people begin helping her.

This movie has stuck in my head since then and I've never been able to properly Google anything. It's also possible that I dreamed the whole thing.

Edit: The second woman who tears the wall down might be the guy's daughter or wife. Likely related to him.

Admiral Joeslop fucked around with this message at 03:29 on May 2, 2015

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     
The Women of Brewster Place

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Schweinhund posted:

The Women of Brewster Place

Jesus Christ, thank you so much. I would never have figured that out, and I have no idea why my parents watched that with 5-6 year old me in the room.

Grave Centipede
Apr 19, 2007
"But how can I put my lion's head in the lion's mouth? That act is ruined!"

sbagliom posted:

Short Night of Glass Dolls.

Brilliant, Thanks

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014
This is killing me: Someone turns on a "note to self" type tape recorder and puts it on a glass of water.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy
Two guys, one of who is really old, are in a shack in a swamp. They're boxing and the old guy keeps punching the younger guy in the face and saying "footwork my boy, footwork". That's literally all I remember, though I was a kid so it'll be from the 80s at the latest.

Chubby Henparty
Aug 13, 2007

Pilchenstein posted:

Two guys, one of who is really old, are in a shack in a swamp. They're boxing and the old guy keeps punching the younger guy in the face and saying "footwork my boy, footwork". That's literally all I remember, though I was a kid so it'll be from the 80s at the latest.

Don't mean to be a dick but googling that quote suggests Lee Marvin's 'Shout at the Devil'.

Actually this looks awesome gonna watch it all

Chubby Henparty fucked around with this message at 19:02 on May 5, 2015

donquixotic
May 1, 2007
A couple, I think they were camp counselors, gently caress in a barn while standing up. The male is a fat bastard

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy

1 800 J JAMES posted:

Don't mean to be a dick but googling that quote suggests Lee Marvin's 'Shout at the Devil'.

Actually this looks awesome gonna watch it all
I can't believe I didn't think to google the dialogue with quotes around it, I clearly need to go back to internet school :doh:

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

My mom is trying to describe a movie and I have no idea:

It's a lot of famous actors, sounds kindof like an ensemble thing, the title may include the number 7 or there are 7 characters. There's a woman who's dying, being taken care of by her blind daughter, and across the street there lives a dwarf who watches her get the mail in the opening scene, and then "a lot of things happen". It's supposed to be very good.

cthulusnewzulubbq
Jan 26, 2009

I saw something
NASTY
in the woodshed.

Snapchat A Titty posted:

It's a lot of famous actors, sounds kindof like an ensemble thing, the title may include the number 7 or there are 7 characters. There's a woman who's dying, being taken care of by her blind daughter, and across the street there lives a dwarf who watches her get the mail in the opening scene, and then "a lot of things happen". It's supposed to be very good.

The Magnificent Seven had a great cast but I honestly can't remember any details of the film outside of the basic plot.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

The mother is a famous female actress, also it wasn't a period piece.

Sir Nose
Mar 28, 2009

Snapchat A Titty posted:

Sure it was a dwarf? If it was a little kid, it might be Anya's Bell http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0218819/

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Sir Nose posted:

Sure it was a dwarf? If it was a little kid, it might be Anya's Bell http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0218819/

Ill ask, but I don't think my mom would classify those as famous actors.

Imasalmon
Mar 19, 2003

Meet me in the Hall of Fame

Snapchat A Titty posted:

Things You Can Tell Just By Looking at Her.
http://m.imdb.com/title/tt0210358/

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Imasalmon posted:

Things You Can Tell Just By Looking at Her.
http://m.imdb.com/title/tt0210358/

Yeah this is it, thanks!

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
There was a Scifi movie in the last 2 to 4 years where the guy transferred his mind to some sort of android body, I remember it being all black or something. Don't recall the name , I know there was a trailer but never followed up with the film. Any ideas? It was a actiony type movie.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Hollismason posted:

There was a Scifi movie in the last 2 to 4 years where the guy transferred his mind to some sort of android body, I remember it being all black or something. Don't recall the name , I know there was a trailer but never followed up with the film. Any ideas? It was a actiony type movie.

Was it the Robocop remake? Also, there was no body, but Johnny Depp stared a film called Transcendence where his mind was transferred to a computer.

Kramjacks
Jul 5, 2007

Hollismason posted:

The Prototype?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1p0_R8ZLB0

Meths
Jul 8, 2007
Meths
Action film on SBS in Australia between about 1992 and 1996. It's a contemporary setting, and it's a about two friends (maybe policemen, maybe secret service guys) who go fishing in a remote river and get attacked my some hitmen or gangsters.

The heroes end up fighting off and killing the hitmen, and I think maybe one of them gets it on with a girl in a hot tub in a cabin.

I'm pretty sure it was French, though it could have been Polish/Dutch/Swedish/etc.

Kulkasha
Jan 15, 2010

But it was all right, everything was all right, the struggle was finished. He had won the victory over himself. He loved Likchenpa.
Got two movies that have bugged the hell out of me for years:
Sci-Fi horror movie from 70s to the 90s? - plot was pollution/radioactive waste/something causes a bear to mutate; giant melty bear then relentlessly chases the protagonists through a forest, and does the walk-directly-through-a-lake thing to get after them. Wanna say that I saw it on old SciFi channel.
Another Sci-Fi horror movie - plot is that huge alien mounds appear in Britain via interdimensional portals and slowly take over the Earth. Interiors devoted to torture. Definitely a late 90s/early 00s movie, bad cgi. British filming/resolution.

ProfessorMurder
Aug 27, 2003

I can wet the bed in the shape of Abraham Lincoln

Kulkasha posted:

Sci-Fi horror movie from 70s to the 90s? - plot was pollution/radioactive waste/something causes a bear to mutate; giant melty bear then relentlessly chases the protagonists through a forest, and does the walk-directly-through-a-lake thing to get after them. Wanna say that I saw it on old SciFi channel.

Sounds like Prophecy.

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Kulkasha posted:

Got two movies that have bugged the hell out of me for years:

Sounds like Prophecy from 1979:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2weFjWC-Kpo

Capn Jobe
Jan 18, 2003

That's right. Here it is. But it's like you always have compared the sword, the making of the sword, with the making of the character. Cuz the stronger, the stronger it will get, right, the stronger the steel will get, with all that, and the same as with the character.
Soiled Meat
Pretty sure I've posted this in here before, but it was years ago and I've never found it.

In maybe the mid-late 90s, my brother flipped past a movie on TV:

There was a castle, seemingly in the clouds, that a bunch of guys were storming. I remember they had pretty heavy makeup, but not like monster makeup, more like just too much rouge, kind of reminding me of that Russo-Finnish Jack Frost movie that was on MST3K. Anyway, the tide was turned when some sort of flying galleon showed up. Naturally, since I showed interest, my brother quickly changed the channel.

Someone, ages ago, said it may be Message from Space, as that has a space-faring sailing ship. And I've sat through that twice (both times drinking heavily so my memory of it isn't 100%), but I'm reasonably sure that wasn't it.

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     
Adventures of Baron Munchausen? https://youtu.be/diiylzHsnTA?t=2427

Kulkasha
Jan 15, 2010

But it was all right, everything was all right, the struggle was finished. He had won the victory over himself. He loved Likchenpa.

That's it, thanks!

Imasalmon
Mar 19, 2003

Meet me in the Hall of Fame
Flash Gordon, maybe? https://youtu.be/x4mBGEdB-XE

Capn Jobe
Jan 18, 2003

That's right. Here it is. But it's like you always have compared the sword, the making of the sword, with the making of the character. Cuz the stronger, the stronger it will get, right, the stronger the steel will get, with all that, and the same as with the character.
Soiled Meat

No, I'm afraid not. drat good guess, though, based on the way I described it.

It's not Flash Gordon either. I love Flash Gordon.

Also, I think "flying galleon" may not have been the right word. If I remember correctly, it had oars, so I guess it would be a "flying galley".

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
There was a movie I watched around 2005 or 2006. I'm like, 98% sure it was Korean, maybe from Hong Kong or Taiwan. I know it wasn't Japanese. It was about a group of criminals doing something. They were all attractive Asian men in nice suits. There was a cop trying to get them. There was a scene at a big, impressive opera house towards the end, I think the crime they were trying to do was at the opera house. I don't remember if they pulled it off or not.

The main thing I remember is the end. I think the criminals must've pulled it off, because the cop had been yelled at by his cop boss. Like, he had gotten to close or messed up or something, for some reason he was off the case and in trouble with his cop boss. He's in a department store for some reason, and so is the main criminal guy. They see each other, and a chase scene ensues, but the chase scene is awesome. It's super low speed, because neither of them want anyone in the store to realize there's a criminal in there, so the criminal is running but trying to look like he's not running, and the cop is chasing him but trying to look like he's not chasing anybody. And there's like, a piano in the department store, and somebody's playing the piano, and the beginning of the chase scene, the cop and the criminal's movements sort of sync up with the piano music.

tigerdriver82
Jun 15, 2009

Yo, you best
~Protect Your Neck~
Ah yeah, again and again!
I'm pretty sure this was a short film. It could have been French but I'm not 100% on that, all I know is that it wasn't in English and it was set in modern times. I saw it in the mid to late 90's on Australian T.V. channel SBS.
The main thing I remember is 2 guys fencing (or sword fighting) down a street, through a building and across roofs and at the end they hear sirens, throw their swords down a chimney and run away, the end.

The guys might have been friends but I don't know. All remember is the fight was long and the ending.

Pinback
Jul 22, 2012

I've been having real awful dreams about giant apocalyptic machinery
just mowing us all down...
A crummy eco-conscious 90s sci-fi movie I saw on tv as a kid. Something about how the ozone layer is all gone so people spend most of their time underground, like there's underground shopping malls and stuff. I dunno if the movie was set in Arizona or something or if the entire world is just all deserty and poo poo. Some scientist working to fix it all somehow gets turned into a swarm of glowing bugs or a spirit plant or some nonsense. I barely remember it. I do remember a bunch of the action in some old house with plants growing all over though. I think.

EDIT: Turns out that description might've been enough for Google, I think it was this movie "Habitat":
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lo4K7eJ2xzU

I honestly didn't remember it being a dystopian thriller or monster movie, I thought it as a dull preachy high concept sci fi drama. I remember the dude morphing into/from terrible CG green dots though.

Pinback fucked around with this message at 07:05 on May 22, 2015

ladron
Sep 15, 2007

eso es lo que es

boom boom boom posted:

There was a movie I watched around 2005 or 2006....

He's in a department store for some reason, and so is the main criminal guy. They see each other, and a chase scene ensues, but the chase scene is awesome. It's super low speed, because neither of them want anyone in the store to realize there's a criminal in there, so the criminal is running but trying to look like he's not running, and the cop is chasing him but trying to look like he's not chasing anybody. And there's like, a piano in the department store, and somebody's playing the piano, and the beginning of the chase scene, the cop and the criminal's movements sort of sync up with the piano music.

I don't know, but this sounds awesome

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story
A guy decides he hates god and goes on a quest to break every rule in the bible.