Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

various cheeses posted:

I saw the posts about going to Delve, but then nothing ever happened as far as I could tell

To be fair we havent really had a real war since 2013 anyways, everyone just runs away or instantly collapses into a fetal position. PL is the only decent enemy left.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Without the wrecking ball though how much punch does PL really have? They took their good fleet fighting stuff out behind the shed and shot it in the head with a shotgun years ago and replaced it with super superiority.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

What the gently caress, Johnny Rah is still in the coalition? What the gently caress corp let him in this time?

Wolfy
Jul 13, 2009

Luigi Thirty posted:

What the gently caress, Johnny Rah is still in the coalition? What the gently caress corp let him in this time?
Thuderwaffe.

Xenaba
Feb 18, 2003
Pillbug

Wolfy posted:

Thuderwaffe.

I blame all day IPA and burbon (Dod).

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥
Rah came into the CFC through Space Violence. Trust us, he's not getting back in here.

Anias
Jun 3, 2010

It really is a lovely hat

Voyager I posted:

Rah came into the CFC through Space Violence. Trust us, he's not getting back in here.

Some halfhearted referral joke goes here.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Voyager I posted:

SUAS poached him from Iberians(dot) and they laughed, SUAS thought he was getting the last laugh until we had to deal with the guy for a couple weeks :negative:

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

orange juche posted:

SUAS poached him from Iberians(dot) and they laughed, SUAS thought he was getting the last laugh until we had to deal with the guy for a couple weeks :negative:

He was hellpurged from Topgoon for the same reason that he was (allegedly) hellpurged from Space Violence. That's why I'm surprised he's still tolerated in any way.

Woodburger
Dec 5, 2004

...Like a thousand other commanders on a thousand other battlefields, I wait for the dawn.
Conversation has moved on but I've been thinking about posting a thread on the forums (if there isn't one) about playing other games with all you lovable people. I just got GTA V for PC and it is dragging me away from Eve. If any of you want to dick around you can add me on Steam, steam name is the same as here. I didn't want to come across as trying to take away from the H1Z1 stuff but it sounds like this actually fits into that idea. Come do some gay heists and gently caress with pubbies with me.

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

Woodburger posted:

Conversation has moved on but I've been thinking about posting a thread on the forums (if there isn't one) about playing other games with all you lovable people. I just got GTA V for PC and it is dragging me away from Eve. If any of you want to dick around you can add me on Steam, steam name is the same as here. I didn't want to come across as trying to take away from the H1Z1 stuff but it sounds like this actually fits into that idea. Come do some gay heists and gently caress with pubbies with me.

https://goonfleet.com/index.php/forum/50-games/

Optiquest
Feb 8, 2004

Anyone around to unvacation me? I've sent the email and updated my api; I'm optiquest on goonfleet.

Woodburger
Dec 5, 2004

...Like a thousand other commanders on a thousand other battlefields, I wait for the dawn.

I guess I should have actually searched before posting but oh well.

Normal Barbarian
Nov 24, 2006

My understanding is that Goonwaffe exists to let Goons do whatever they want in Eve, and that the ~empire~ is, to some extent, a means to that end. Some Goons want to fart around in wormholes with other Goons. Holesquad provides them with that opportunity.

That being said, it's not like we aren't interested in helping out. I know a lot of my guys still have mainfleet alts, and I'm training one up myself (I'm a big fan of Harpies :3:).

vyst posted:

Holesquad is the same thing, except I'd argue they aren't even GoonFleet since they are their own entire subculture.

More so than any other squad/SIG?

Normal Barbarian
Nov 24, 2006

MY INEVITABLE DEBT posted:

Holesquad has been in its current iteration for what, 8 months now? And we still can't even get fcon or bastion to set us blue which makes it pretty tough to participate in anything. We're still getting killed by blues that we aren't shooting at. We have holes to various nullsec all the time and the only people who have ever asked us to come participate in things have been SV/groon and those times have been hilarious and successful. We're still GSF, we'd all be happy to come shoot men and be "complimentary" to mainfleet, but for one thing we need to be set blue to everyone and for another thing you need to ask so we know what you want.

And getting reimbursed for dying at mainfleet poo poo wouldnt hurt either but since we don't really use the same doctrines that's kind of whatever

To be fair to Are Valued Allies, we haven't had the auth/API tools in place to 100% guarantee security. Soon, though. Soon. Maybe we can revisit blueing once they're in place.

Until then, FCON will probably remain our most consistent killer. :\

Wolfy
Jul 13, 2009

HoleSquad performs the vital service of preventing goonswarm at large from experiencing Uncle Phil.

Gindack
Jan 30, 2010

Wolfy posted:

HoleSquad performs the vital service of preventing goonswarm at large from experiencing Uncle Phil.

Its a great burden that we must endure, but we do so with knowledge newbees will not end up in the fetal position. crying in a corner.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

I live in Syndicate and almost never go on main fleets because I don't find anchoring and hitting F1 fun. But I still JC down and assemble/hand out newbie frigs to help out.

Enemu
May 31, 2014
Holesquad is basically my bittervet rehabilitation home, and I think most of the ~20 active members are in the same boat.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Optiquest posted:

Anyone around to unvacation me? I've sent the email and updated my api; I'm optiquest on goonfleet.

There's 2, maybe 3 people who can do this in total. Unless you sent your email several days ago I wouldn't worry about it.

MacPac
Jun 2, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Luigi Thirty posted:

He was baiting agresssion for our(pizza) black ops gang earlier but failed to tell anyone that he had no tank fitted at all https://beta.eve-kill.net/kill/46371149/ Cue him dying in seconds before the cynoship could tackle anyone.

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU

Nostalgia4Murder posted:

I live in Syndicate and almost never go on main fleets because I don't find anchoring and hitting F1 fun. But I still JC down and assemble/hand out newbie frigs to help out.

Yeah i wasn't really attempting to come off like "gently caress you dad I'm not going on your stratop," I just don't really find the sort of content that has provided lately very interesting.

For what it's worth the biggest thing I'm looking forward to is fozziesov making that sort of strategic stuff on an alliance level actually interesting and fresh instead of how it is now.

I don't really get the SV hate, let's be honest for every 10 people who only troll around syndicate there are 100 who AFK rat in dek all day.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

MacPac posted:

He was baiting agresssion for our(pizza) black ops gang earlier but failed to tell anyone that he had no tank fitted at all https://beta.eve-kill.net/kill/46371149/ Cue him dying in seconds before the cynoship could tackle anyone.

I've seen him do that like 5 times. In falcons.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

MacPac posted:

johnny rah is really bad

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

I pity you.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
thanks man sometimes its hard to live with my online video game choices

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Reverand maynard posted:

johnny rah is really bad

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Nietzschean posted:

thanks man sometimes its hard to live with my choices

You should post in E/N about it.

Wolfy
Jul 13, 2009

Goon recruitment scams work even in wormhole space.

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=423116

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

CommonShore posted:

I've seen him do that like 5 times. In falcons.

I remember the first time we had him in a fleet and he lost his 2 billion isk bait Megathron which he swore was fine for the fleet with SUAS yelling at him the whole time

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Wolfy posted:

Goon recruitment scams work even in wormhole space.

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=423116

I'm proud of you guys :3:

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

Arkady Romanov posted:

You unguided **** missiles

This made me snicker.

Krogort
Oct 27, 2013

Kirs posted:

So it's like a renter alliance now, but your pilots should go in fleets too.
Slavery.

It sure felt like that and I got burned out of the game pretty quickly after joining Destructive Influence.

Fast forward half a decade, I am now in a scrub tier low sec alliance and it is much more chilled.
But low sec is turning nauseous too with that retard league power bloc struggle for moons and POCOs. It's always the same alliances fighting eachother in blinged fleets and the other small fish have to make some kind of coallitions to be able to keep up.
And by keep up I mean retaining enough ressources to pay for the SRP to defend said ressources :bang: .

Normal Barbarian
Nov 24, 2006

Zephyrine posted:

This made me snicker.

You can thank Aapir for that one.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

So, was the new Confessor fit basically to go with 10mn AB and beams for kiting, or am I misreading the old thread a bit? I was really digging the pulse fits, but I feel like getting in brawling range is going to be pretty dodgy in the meta right now. I'm bad at solo anyway, so I'd love some guidance if anyone has some for me for doing more to learn on my own through hilarious failures.

Went on a roam led by FCON last night, which was different but fun. I want to say the last fleet I went on before that was either a mainfleet or maybe lemba/boat. Seems like everyone is just waiting for new sov, but I'd love to go stomp around MOA areas again. That's always good for a laugh.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

PathAsc posted:

but I'd love to go stomp around MOA areas again. That's always good for a laugh.

If you want to stomp on MOA join theta and wait for the pings.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

CainFortea posted:

If you want to stomp on MOA join theta and wait for the pings.

Already in theta, I missed the last one unfortunately. I tried to do my "goon f1 duty" a few times when I was new to the whole giant fleet thing, and goddamn was tidi a ball buster. I'll still do it, I'm just not all starry eyed about it now. On the other hand, watching people who should know better get :commissar: for bumping the titan is still grin-worthy and never gets old.

grumplestiltzkin
Jun 7, 2012

Ass, gas, or grass. No one rides for free.

Either I completely misunderstand how to effectively fit a stratios, or that is hands down the worst stratios I have ever seen. Someone please tell me that there's some sort of hidden meaning that I'm just to dumb to see.

Thurin
Jun 24, 2006
Has there been any word on supercapital mooring yet? Mostly I want to know if they'll be safe enough that I can leave a super in staging while I do other things on the alt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Thurin posted:

Has there been any word on supercapital mooring yet? Mostly I want to know if they'll be safe enough that I can leave a super in staging while I do other things on the alt.

Other than "its something we'd like to see in-game" no.

• Locked thread