Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Nordick posted:

You linked to the same guy as in the screenshot. :ssh:

He linked to the original guy compared to one of the unrepentant NA botters, Ares Bot of War. Dude has been in matches with me - he's worthless and responds in chat. Botting would be an improvement. Being idle would be an improvement.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

Hellsau posted:

He linked to the original guy compared to one of the unrepentant NA botters, Ares Bot of War. Dude has been in matches with me - he's worthless and responds in chat. Botting would be an improvement. Being idle would be an improvement.
Oh right, the link was to the comparison page. I just saw the "gabman50" in the end of the URL and jumped to conclusions. My bad.

Unrelated: I dunno if US has the same special, but I wanna point out that the current Military Parade special in the EU has a pretty rare discount: 40% off FreeXP conversion actually it's a 40% bonus to free xp conversion, so you get 35 fxp per gold instead of 25. Tricksy WG!
Might wanna throw some gold at that even if you don't have any immediate need for FreeXP.

Nordick fucked around with this message at 11:07 on May 9, 2015

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Nordick posted:

Oh right, the link was to the comparison page. I just saw the "gabman50" in the end of the URL and jumped to conclusions. My bad.

Unrelated: I dunno if US has the same special, but I wanna point out that the current Military Parade special in the EU has a pretty rare discount: 40% off FreeXP conversion. Might wanna throw some gold at that even if you don't have any immediate need for FreeXP.

I strongly disagree. If you aren't making a limitless amount of gold in tournaments, don't convert free XP unless you are certain you want to blow 80k free xp to kit out a tier 9 or something. If you have bought all the premium tanks you want, all the premium tank crew trainers you'll need, have all the premium time you'll use, have a reserve of gold for retraining/reskilling crews, have put gold camo on the tanks you want to keep forever, and have a stockpile for removing equipment or emergencies, then you can start converting free XP.

NA players can make 3k minimum up to 10k per week just for being in the top 25% during the skirmish tournament group stages, which basically takes a 60% winrate. If you're doing skirmishes you have infinite gold so you can just blow as much gold as you want free xping anything you want.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
tl;dr if you're a purple in a good clan you can get infinite gold. I think we all knew this

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

Rudy is pretty gud tank, da.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

Hellsau posted:

I strongly disagree.
:shrug: I said "might". I left it up to everyone's own judgement whether they actually do.
There are a bunch of tier 7-9 tanks I will probably be buying in the near future and will likely want to use freeXP for some modules on them, so this'll come in handy. And even if I end up getting them a bit later, I still most likely won't have made enough passively.

Nordick fucked around with this message at 08:53 on May 9, 2015

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Azhais posted:

tl;dr if you're a purple in a good clan you can get infinite gold. I think we all knew this

Clan Wars gold is enough for premium time and can be saved up for a tier eight premium in a few months if you're in a decent clan. Being vaguely competent will get you more gold in a week doing tournaments than a week's top tier farming clan gold payout, with a chance (given a good bracket) that you'll make more gold in one week than I made in PURPL in a month while we were farming 17k gold a day.

Basically NA folk if you aren't doing tournaments you should be. Ain't no need to be in a fancy pants clan. Sorry euros buy your own poo poo.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Pershing owns, but its gun upsets me a lot.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Hellsau posted:

Clan Wars gold is enough for premium time and can be saved up for a tier eight premium in a few months if you're in a decent clan. Being vaguely competent will get you more gold in a week doing tournaments than a week's top tier farming clan gold payout,

Don't skirmishes require a clan? and I'd consider 60% w/r to be more than "vaguely competent" in the grand scheme of things

Teron D Amun
Oct 9, 2010

Agrajag posted:

HEY GUYS HAVING 70% OF YOUR TEAM SITTING IN K-0 ON ENSK IS A LEGIT TACTIC NOW AND IF YOU SAY OTHERWISE YOU ARE WHINEY NOOB!!! GG GG GG GG GG GG GG G GG GGGG G G GG G G G G G G G GG G G G G G G G G G G G G G G G G G FIUCVK gently caress gently caress THIS GOD drat poo poo I AHTE YOU ALL

just try to go for a Mastery medal in these kind of games, not like there aren't enough targets to shoot at :v:

Uranium 235
Oct 12, 2004

Confirmed; this is a 5x weekend and it doesn't matter how well you play.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 11 days!
I play a good game, rack up 4 kills, 1200+ damage, then we lose :negative:

I play a horrible game, die early, somehow one guy on our team turns the whole game around by getting 7 kills by himself and we win only to get 900xp from the 5x bonus :suicide:

Stupid 5x win bonus. It is a horrible, rotten carrot that only leads to disappointment, desperation, and broken dreams.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot
Sounds exactly like what I had to do.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Agrajag posted:

Sounds exactly like what I had to do.

Hahaha hosed your teammates with a lovely x5 while you get a ~9k one. Thank you for giving the pubbies exactly what they deserve - a giant box of nothing.

Kuntz
Feb 17, 2011
http://worldoftanks.com/en/news/pc-browser/19/98-ct/

Looks like a lot of tanks are getting buffed for 9.8, a lot of them long overdue, some of them pretty odd(Nashorn? KV-13 again??). Ungimping the turret traverse on the 3002D is the big takeaway for me, though.

Some major buffs for the Churchill Garbage Carrier, too, but literally nobody plays it.

Also:

quote:

Reworked tips on battle loading screens

loving finally.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

3 of my 5 games so far I have lost because the enemy team has gone lolcapfast. I guess if you want to waste your 5x paycheck go ahead?

VV How are they handling tank corpses in that mode?

BadLlama fucked around with this message at 17:51 on May 9, 2015

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

There's also testing of the new game mode, domination, which is pretty cool. It comes in two flavors, three-flag bombing run and single-flag reverse CTF.

In both cases it's very high-action because everyone gets quick unlimited respawns. That we only get to try it in the 140, E5 and 50B probably helps as well.

Uranium 235
Oct 12, 2004

Someone come platoon with me. Uranium235 in game.

Teron D Amun
Oct 9, 2010

Kuntz posted:

Looks like a lot of tanks are getting buffed for 9.8, a lot of them long overdue, some of them pretty odd(Nashorn? KV-13 again??). Ungimping the turret traverse on the 3002D is the big takeaway for me, though.

Some major buffs for the Churchill Garbage Carrier, too, but literally nobody plays it.

Also:

loving finally.

how are Nashorn buffs odd, it and the Sturer Emil are some of the worst TDs in game

Jack_tripper
Jun 7, 2009
the nashorn is reasonably quick and has the choice of an ok gun and an excellent one, it's definitely not one of the worst TDs in the game

Teron D Amun
Oct 9, 2010

it has poo poo mobility (hence the buffs to its ground resistance and traverse), no armor and its camouflage values aren't the best either, the only positive it has is the gun

Teron D Amun fucked around with this message at 18:44 on May 9, 2015

srb
Jul 24, 2007

Jumbo HD model, that will be interesting. I hope they didn't nerf the front.

AMX 13 75 mobility buffs are a good thing.

kemikalkadet
Sep 16, 2012

:woof:

Kuntz posted:

Also:

loving finally.

HD model for IS3 and buffs for the is8 and is7. can't wait.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

Kuntz posted:

Also:

loving finally.

quote:

Removed the Komarin map from the Random Battle mode

Reduced the battle level of the Hidden Village map

:woop:

Koorisch
Mar 29, 2009
Someone tell me how the ArmWar gameplay is considered, is it better/more fun than WoT?

I was thinking of getting it but i really don't want to play "WoT 2.0 Pubbies gently caress you over again Edition".

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Koorisch posted:

Someone tell me how the ArmWar gameplay is considered, is it better/more fun than WoT?

I was thinking of getting it but i really don't want to play "WoT 2.0 Pubbies gently caress you over again Edition".

It's not even out of Alpha testing yet.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Hey dudes the capping missions can now also be completed by getting a corresponding amount of defense points, so they are trivially easy. Also you can shoot tanks for LT-15 but they increased the requirement by 1000 so that is kinda rough. Also for the spg missions that stupid loving tracking mission is gone, and the splash multiple tanks mission becomes destroy an enemy in one shot / splash two / splash one kill one / kill two.

Still gotta get two fires in one medium tank game, but that's what the Rudy and Cromwell are for.

9.7 missions - http://tanks.gg/en/wot/missions

9.8 test missions - http://test.tanks.gg/en/wot/missions

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

Hellsau posted:

Hey dudes the capping missions can now also be completed by getting a corresponding amount of defense points, so they are trivially easy. Also you can shoot tanks for LT-15 but they increased the requirement by 1000 so that is kinda rough. Also for the spg missions that stupid loving tracking mission is gone, and the splash multiple tanks mission becomes destroy an enemy in one shot / splash two / splash one kill one / kill two.

Still gotta get two fires in one medium tank game, but that's what the Rudy and Cromwell are for.

Those reworks are pretty solid. Dropping the platoon part was nice of them.

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

Hellsau posted:

that guy posted:

HT-15: Tempered Steel Tier IV - X
A heavy tank can hit hard, but it can also take a hit and keep battling. Engage the enemy and keep the pressure on.
Main Objective
• Damage caused, damage received, and damage blocked by armor must total at least 6,000 HP.
Secondary Objective
• Win the battle.

This seems a hell of a lot more reasonable than the original 8000, since I am a poor scrub with only Tier 8 heavies.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

The last HT-15 is still 14k though.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

It was 8/10/12/14 thousand. On test it is 6/8/12/14. That is quite the massive jump.

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

So the M48 got buffed? Any one who have tested it on the test server? Is it basically a tier10 M103 with better mobility now?
http://ritastatusreport.blogspot.nl/2015/05/m48a1-hd-armour-model-updated-88.html

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT

Hellsau posted:

Meds still have mission to set fire to a higher tier tank, which has troubled me more than the platooning. :shepicide:

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Fully Transitioned SilentStalker posted:

- When 9.8 comes out, it's possible following premium vehicles will be removed from sales completely: Sexton I, Ram II, Pz.Kpfw. IV Schmalturm, SU-85I;

And nothing of value was lost. The Sexton is worthless, the Pz4S is worthless, the Ram doesn't have pref matchmaking so why bother, and the Su85i has pref matchmaking but is incredibly mediocre. Buy the Ram 2 if you want a US Medium crew trainer, the 85i if you want a pref five TD, or just ignore all four.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Hellsau posted:

It was 8/10/12/14 thousand. On test it is 6/8/12/14. That is quite the massive jump.

I guess they don't want to give out the two actually good rewards.

KcDohl
Jun 18, 2004
LORK ON TEH CLORF
Dinosaur Gum

Hellsau posted:

NA players can make 3k minimum up to 10k per week just for being in the top 25% during the skirmish tournament group stages, which basically takes a 60% winrate. If you're doing skirmishes you have infinite gold so you can just blow as much gold as you want free xping anything you want.

So how do I properly get in on this? Not having Every Premium weighs upon my soul heavily.

fishception
Feb 20, 2011

~carrier has arrived~
Oven Wrangler
Should I aim for the E75 or the Type 61?

On one hand, the E75, i've heard, is a stupid silly fun tank and leads to one of the best clan wars heavies in the game (i think?).

On the other hand, I really like the Japanese medium play style and the STB-1 is also one of the best clan wars mediums in the game (i think?).

I can unlock either of them fairly shortly.

fishception fucked around with this message at 21:00 on May 9, 2015

WayAbvPar
Mar 11, 2009

Ah- Smug Mode.

E75 is a great tank in competent hands (hint: not mine).

Got my first Kolobanov's last night.

Replay

5x weekends taketh away, but they also giveth. These guys were nice enough to drive in front of my gun in an orderly fashion and let me murder them. And somehow I got Spotter in my Tortoise. Pubbies are bad.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Sperglord Firecock posted:

Should I aim for the E75 or the Type 61?

On one hand, the E75, i've heard, is a stupid silly fun tank and leads to one of the best clan wars heavies in the game (i think?).

On the other hand, I really like the Japanese medium play style and the STB-1 is also one of the best clan wars mediums in the game (i think?).

I can unlock either of them fairly shortly.

STB-1 is a great tank. E75 is retardedly good. E100 look cool but gently caress giant german block vehicles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chillyrabbit
Oct 24, 2012

The only sword wielding rabbit on the internet

Ultra Carp

KcDohl posted:

So how do I properly get in on this? Not having Every Premium weighs upon my soul heavily.

Be a good player, and find a good clan that runs a good tourny team. Or just join some tourny teams and work your way up with a proven track record.

Also have lots of niche tanks and the crews to go with them.