Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

suboptimal posted:

There was a big flyover the National Mall by WWII-era aircraft for VE Day. It was pretty cool- shittons of tourists but lots of people were clapping after each flight. Got some pics:

:flashfap:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

suboptimal posted:

There was a big flyover the National Mall by WWII-era aircraft for VE Day. It was pretty cool- shittons of tourists but lots of people were clapping after each flight. Got some pics:

Climbing into one of those has got to be one of the manliest things a person can do these days. I mean, those planes were made out of wood and stuff.

Risket
Apr 3, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

Brown Moses posted:

TOW 2A/ BGM-71E-3Bs, details on them here and here. They've been given to vetted moderate opposition rebels, and also recently captured from those groups by Al Qaeda's Jabhat al-Nusra.
Well good to know we're not giving away our best stuff, just our still really good stuff. I would be interested to know who vetted this organization prior to their collapse, and what their criteria was.

Also, while watching these videos I've come to the conclusion that unless you're in an M1 Abrams, Leo2, Merkova, or a Challenger 2, it really sucks to be a tanker

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.

Risket posted:

I would be interested to know who vetted this organization prior to their collapse, and what their criteria was.

lol, this guy

iyaayas01
Feb 19, 2010

Perry'd

Zeris posted:

lol, this guy

lol that guy thinks the "vetting process" is something more extensive than a CIA guy giving some TOWs to a Saudi or Turk who then in turn goes to some Syrian dude and says "do you hate ISIS and Assad? As long as you say yes you can have these dope-rear end anti-tank missiles courtesy of Uncle Sam."

Actually wait scratch that. That's the process for the Turk, the Saudi process is CIA gives arms to Saudi, Saudi gives arms to whoever is the most extreme Sunni militants in the region and then lies about it to CIA dude.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

iyaayas01 posted:

Actually wait scratch that. That's the process for the Turk, the Saudi process is CIA gives arms to Saudi, Saudi gives arms to whoever is the most extreme Sunni militants in the region and then lies about it to CIA dude.

What's blowback again?

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

Frosted Flake posted:

What's blowback again?

Isn't it some weird sex thing?

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

toc bitch's parents pay for him to adopt his afghanistan cat

Ambihelical Hexnut
Aug 5, 2008

Chinatown posted:

Do US tankers get those little flags in case of emergency?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S93ebaJXtXU

RELEASE THE PARKING BRAKE, rear end in a top hat!

currently pending charges for GO1 violation

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

unlike most veterans and SA members $10 is not a meaningful expenditure for me

I'm gonna have me a swag Bar-B-Q
ssgt fatbody adopts cat, eats it

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Ambihelical Hexnut posted:

RELEASE THE PARKING BRAKE, rear end in a top hat!

Stupider than that. If this is the incident I remember, the driving controls are very heavily computerized and the driver somehow managed to lock up the computer. It wouldn't move because he literally froze the tank. They had to get a loving company tech support guy over to reset the tank.

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

chitoryu12 posted:

Stupider than that. If this is the incident I remember, the driving controls are very heavily computerized and the driver somehow managed to lock up the computer. It wouldn't move because he literally froze the tank. They had to get a loving company tech support guy over to reset the tank.

He didn't literally freeze the tank it's still room temperature.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Mad Dragon posted:

He didn't literally freeze the tank it's still room temperature.

Get out.

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

LITERALLY NO

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
Your posts in this thread are pretty terrible. And unfunny.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Both of you suck each other's dicks from the back at the same time

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer

Zeris posted:

Paging n4i to ask if that's possible.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Got this weird mental image of a Hippocratic staff

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Zeris posted:

Don't stop I'm almost there (because I would never ride a Russian tank obv.)

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013

chitoryu12 posted:

Buggy eastern European game development strikes again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m07rpFzMDNU

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Mike-o posted:

Paging n4i to ask if that's possible.

He's a top not a switch

terrez
Mar 20, 2012
Are you ready to die of cuteness overload?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSAEhGnRg5Y

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
We are so hosed.

Ambihelical Hexnut
Aug 5, 2008
WATER PUGS

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

I'm about halfway through Jeremy Clarkson's special on the Victoria Cross, and it's loving fantastic. I highly recommend it.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

rubble rubble

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Rude Dude With Tude
Apr 19, 2007

Your President approves this text.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7UQkFDf_6cg

Russian parade for VE Day, skip to 3:55 for classic Russian_Military.mov

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.
ISIS has apparently released a list of the US cities it's intending to destroy.

http://speisa.com/modules/articles/index.php/item.1304/isis-releases-kill-list-of-us-cities.html

Killeen is on there. So's Fayetteville.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Phanatic posted:

http://speisa.com/modules/articles/index.php/item.1304/isis-releases-kill-list-of-us-cities.html

Is there a Kickstarter for this?

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Phanatic posted:

Welp, my town is fine!

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Watch out CT, Barkhamsted is on the hit list. :wtc:

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

I have literally never heard of any of those California towns before except Monterrey.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Phanatic posted:

The 2 cities in Michigan have significant Arab populations.

:lol:

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Wow not even loving ISIS wants anything to do with Florida

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Bolow posted:

Wow not even loving ISIS wants anything to do with Florida

Some of the targets have a military presence. St. Augustine is basically just a national landmark in the form of a town.

This list is completely random and bizarre. If it's true (which is pretty much definitely isn't), they're foregoing actually important targets and populated locations in favor of tiny nowhere towns with populations under 4000 and suburbs. Unless they're thinking that tiny nowhere towns will be easier to massacre before the SWAT team shows up, whereas running around with a gun in NYC will get you (and probably 20 innocent bystanders behind you) ventilated by the NYPD within a minute or less.

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

I can kinda see the logic behind it. Small town America, you're not safe either, etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Phanatic posted:

Phoenix feels like the oly one they're swinging for the fences on. The rest are pretty "eh, I guess thats a place"

also, lollin at Reno

• Locked thread