Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alighieri
Dec 10, 2005

:dukedog:

FetalDave posted:

I don't even know how to begin to find someone to buy this without getting scammed.

The single greatest way to prevent getting scammed is using steam rep to check them out and if someone asks to use a middleman always be very cautious and look for impersonators. If someone says they'll give you exactly what you are asking for without counter-offering they are 99.9999% a scammer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.

Brilladelphia posted:

My old G500 worked fine on desktop surfaces but went to complete poo poo on my Qck+ and Heavy pads, ditched it for a DA2013.
Was playing community competitive last night and look who was on my team!

goons leading the way :hehe:

no_funeral
Jul 4, 2004

why

Magnus Gallant posted:

That knife is probably worth 350-400 keys.

Keys sell for 1.9 dollars a piece.

phase 3 m9s are around 150k or less since the gta/chroma 2 crash

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

Sitting Bull posted:

phase 3 m9s are around 150k or less since the gta/chroma 2 crash

whatttttttttttttttttt. Really? drat thats nuts.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

re: monitor chat

do i want gsync or do i want benq's blur reduction v2?

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

People will usually argue the latter.

no_funeral
Jul 4, 2004

why

Magnus Gallant posted:

whatttttttttttttttttt. Really? drat thats nuts.

They were never 350-400k, though.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE posted:

People will usually argue the latter.

thanks, friend! i was tempted to go down that direction but for some reason i feel like nvidia might have a better product plan down the road for gsync compatible monitors? am i crazy?

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

Sitting Bull posted:

They were never 350-400k, though.

What did they go for?

Powerful Wizard IRL
Aug 8, 2007

-_- CS Depression? -_-
Ask your admin if BanMe® is right for you!
^o^

Ernie. posted:

re: monitor chat

do i want gsync or do i want benq's blur reduction v2?
http://www.blurbusters.com/gsync/preview2/ depends on what you want, theres info towards the bottom of this page. they have different benefits

All G-SYNC monitors include a LightBoost sequel called ULMB, which stands for Ultra Low Motion Blur. This is activated by a button on the monitor, activatable during 85Hz/100Hz/120Hz mode, and eliminates most motion blur, in the same manner as LightBoost. ULMB is a motion blur reduction strobe backlight (high speed video) to lower persistence, by flashing the backlight only on fully refreshed frames (and almost completely bypassing GtG pixel transitions on LCD).

Should I use G-SYNC or ULMB?

Currently, G-SYNC and ULMB is a mutually-exclusive choice – you cannot use both simultaneously (yet), since it is a huge engineering challenge to combine the two.

G-SYNC: Eliminates stutters, tearing and reduces lag, but not motion blur. -- better for variable framerates
LightBoost/ULMB: Eliminates motion blur, but not stutters or tearing. -- better for constant framerates

vehk
Jan 31, 2014

Ernie. posted:

thanks, friend! i was tempted to go down that direction but for some reason i feel like nvidia might have a better product plan down the road for gsync compatible monitors? am i crazy?

I think gsync is awesome as is though if you play current generation games. You'd want to use gsync for any game that you can't push 120+ fps on , otherwise playing at 120+hz and getting say 75 frames looks like poo poo and makes you question why you bought a 120+hz monitor. Also I'm pretty sure any gsync monitor is going to also give you a blur reduction equivalent, which could be ULMB, Lightboost or BenQ blur reduction so IMO you're really not losing anything but ~$100 buying a gsync monitor. Currently you cannot run gsync and blur reduction at the same time - its an either or situation so you'd toggle it depending on what you're playing.

Powerful Wizard IRL
Aug 8, 2007

-_- CS Depression? -_-
^o^

Carol Pizzamom posted:

like the g303 b

i stippled the sides of my g303 to improve the grip

and with my ie3.0 i put padding and rough foam to get the best ergonomics

down with slavery
Dec 23, 2013
STOP QUOTING MY POSTS SO PEOPLE THAT AREN'T IDIOTS DON'T HAVE TO READ MY FUCKING TERRIBLE OPINIONS THANKS
im going to hope that post is a joke, where are those pics from?

Buck Turgidson
Feb 6, 2011

𓀬𓀠𓀟𓀡𓀢𓀣𓀤𓀥𓀞𓀬
Pictured: Josef Fritzl's gaming mouse

FetalDave
Jun 25, 2011

Moumantai!

Luna Was Here posted:

captain invictus

I'm going to contact him. Thanks!

Carol Pizzamom
Jul 13, 2006

a bear you feed is a bear and a steed

Powerful Wizard IRL posted:

i stippled the sides of my g303 to improve the grip

and with my ie3.0 i put padding and rough foam to get the best ergonomics

:tbear:

no_funeral
Jul 4, 2004

why

Magnus Gallant posted:

What did they go for?

ok looks like they're more like 165k now. the highest i ever saw p3s was ~200k, but they were probably higher right when chroma dropped. for all i know a few may have sold for that much.

Powerful Wizard IRL
Aug 8, 2007

-_- CS Depression? -_-
^o^
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGroLjBLi74

this felt a lot cooler than it looks. my drunk brain saw the last guy but my arm didnt respond in time

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry
That last shot is pretty fukken sweet

Powerful Wizard IRL
Aug 8, 2007

-_- CS Depression? -_-
^o^

Bohemian Nights posted:

That last shot is pretty fukken sweet

i wish i had better positioning to smoke shot that guy before he crossed into site. i couldve hit him if i wasnt still in that corner

anyway a few rounds before that some guy literally circle strafed and aim punched me to death with a mac10 at med range. i almost threw up

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

anyway a few rounds before that some guy literally circle strafed and aim punched me to death with a mac10 at med range. i almost threw up

Because of the MAC-10 circle strafe or the aimpunch + drunk combo?

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGroLjBLi74

this felt a lot cooler than it looks. my drunk brain saw the last guy but my arm didnt respond in time

literally so fast youtube's 60 fps compression doesn't catch it

(i saw him scope when i watched it live)

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

Necc0 posted:

literally so fast youtube's 60 fps compression doesn't catch it

(i saw him scope when i watched it live)

that's our face!

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
Them flicks

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"
I've been playing vs higher level DMG and LE players and it just seems that there's really suspicious behavior going on. I'm talking accounts with 10 hours topfragging with 40 kills. I'm reserving judgment and just updating my vacstat.us list, but it's been somewhat annoying since you're never too sure especially when it's 4-5 games in a row where it feels that way. I guess that's part of the challenge of playing in some of these higher ranks, you'll face people who are better. It also means that the LEM/SMFC players have secondary accounts which fall right into my range for when they just want to relax.

Another side-effect of these ranks is that my teammates just don't want to have fun with this game. They're hyper-aggressive when something doesn't go right and don't lighten up. That's probably just the competitive nature of the game. I just have a lot more enjoyable experience if people don't rag on each other if a kill is missed.

Carol Pizzamom
Jul 13, 2006

DMG is still poo poo tier compared to the players who have been around playing ESEA and competitive pubs for 3-4+ years, so there's still a lot of smurfs. DMG just seems good to us now since I imagine you, like me, are comparatively new and have been playing well under a year so we're all starry eyed

I've had global elites and stuff on my team just wreck face constantly, but I've also had one or two hackers in my recently played list.. I think it's more smurfs than hackers.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry

Audax posted:

I've been playing vs higher level DMG and LE players and it just seems that there's really suspicious behavior going on. I'm talking accounts with 10 hours topfragging with 40 kills. I'm reserving judgment and just updating my vacstat.us list, but it's been somewhat annoying since you're never too sure especially when it's 4-5 games in a row where it feels that way. I

I've put some 15 games into the DMG/LE/LEM range now and I've seen a lot of -50 hour accounts, but most of them don't really stand out from the other players in terms of score disparity, so I don't really pay too much attention to it. When I see someone with few hours I just automatically assume they've got a solid 1000 on another account- and hell, I've only got 110 or so on mine, so...

If anyone wants to see a spectacular failure of a B push when the defenders are ecoing and just how bad you can be and still get an ace, boy have I got the video for you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjP4TWbXAv8

e: this mirage window smoke is nice
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QTHNvldqOjQ

Bohemian Nights fucked around with this message at 19:17 on May 9, 2015

Fauxshiz
Jan 3, 2007
Jumbo Sized
Smithzzz just sprayed the wood by car on Inferno with the mp7 - does that actually work??

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Fauxshiz posted:

Smithzzz just sprayed the wood by car on Inferno with the mp7 - does that actually work??

Yes, but there are parts with metal behind the wood, too, so theres a fairly decent chance you're hitting car instead of man anyway

Powerful Wizard IRL
Aug 8, 2007

-_- CS Depression? -_-
^o^

Fauxshiz posted:

you can penetrate thin surfaces like that with pistols and smgs yes

Fauxshiz
Jan 3, 2007
Jumbo Sized

you can penetrate thin surfaces like that with pistols and smgs yes

Man I'm bad at this game.

Carol Pizzamom
Jul 13, 2006

Fauxshiz posted:

you can also boost up so you can see the gate in the rear of B site from banana, and shoot through that/throw a nade over it. its rare but funny

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry

Fauxshiz posted:

Man I'm bad at this game.

You're in good company :unsmith:

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
LDLC White really giving nV a run for their money.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry
Yeah this has been a really fun back and forth match so far

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

My friend bet about $50 of skins on NV and he is flipping out.

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI

UltraVariant posted:

My friend bet about $50 of skins on NV and he is flipping out.

lol, why would you bet that much when the odds are already in that kind of favor

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Depths posted:

lol, why would you bet that much when the odds are already in that kind of favor
ez skins ez life

Rahu
Feb 14, 2009

let me just check my figures real quick here
Grimey Drawer
Is people trying to derank a common thing? I recently hit MG1 and 3 of my last five games have had at least one player trying to lose. It is really dumb.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry
I've seen people completely stop trying after a few losing rounds, but I've never seen anyone intentionally try to derank. I guess the lower your rank the worse your opposition, but if someone finds their current rank too much of a challenge you'd think they'd be losing enough to legit derank sooner rather than later anyway, right? People are weird.

Harder opposition means better team mates anyway, so I feel it evens out

• Locked thread