Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Viva Miriya posted:

No you don't understand today is the best day ever. Not only this poo poo went down but now I just guided in HORDE neut mallers on a NCdot logistics line in the midst of some dumb CVA/PL/NPSI/NC. honor brawl. Everyone is getting hosed today.

I do understand, you're just posting like black baby goku and you gotta relax son

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

I do understand, you're just posting like black baby goku and you gotta relax son

True. In other news.

Libluini posted:

This wouldn't have happened if the titans had been called Lord Solar Macharius, but scrub names means scrub tier, there's no way around it. :smugbird:

Eisenhorn Trilogy is the dumbest poo poo I've read in a while. Like its good reading but Eisenhorn is such a stupid motherfucker starting around book 2 and 3 for sure. I've been missing out on my dan abnett since the gaunt's ghosts stuff so I'm like, no way this is the same guy.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Viva Miriya posted:

Eisenhorn Trilogy is the dumbest poo poo I've read in a while. Like its good reading but Eisenhorn is such a stupid motherfucker starting around book 2 and 3 for sure. I've been missing out on my dan abnett since the gaunt's ghosts stuff so I'm like, no way this is the same guy.

Good to know! I'll write the trilogy down immediately and file it under "Avoid at All Costs" then!

But seriously, go and read about the LSM. Execution Hour and Shadow Point. Those two books were so good Games Workshop forced the author to stop writing the last book, because in typical GW-fashion only poo poo authors (or Dan Abnett and Sandy Mitchell) are allowed to write 40K fiction.

Shadow Point is the best, simply for having an Imperial cruiser sneaking up to a super-stealthy Dark Eldar ship and blowing it up in a rather satisfying manner. Rather EVE-like, now that I think about it. :v:

Edit:

The Lord Solar Macharius is a Dictator-class cruiser. The jokes are writing themselves here

Libluini fucked around with this message at 22:27 on May 9, 2015

Retarded Goatee
Feb 6, 2010
I spent :10bux: so that means I can be a cheapskate and post about posting instead of having some wit or spending any more on comedy avs for people. Which I'm also incapable of. Comedy.

Viva Miriya posted:

Oh and FCON got shot down by Space Violence, all in all it's been a good day.

I can't believe these asshats actually thought it was a good idea to drop on a neut archon repping blues on a gate. :downs:

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Libluini posted:

Good to know! I'll write the trilogy down immediately and file it under "Avoid at All Costs" then!

But seriously, go and read about the LSM. Execution Hour and Shadow Point. Those two books were so good Games Workshop forced the author to stop writing the last book, because in typical GW-fashion only poo poo authors (or Dan Abnett and Sandy Mitchell) are allowed to write 40K fiction.

Shadow Point is the best, simply for having an Imperial cruiser sneaking up to a super-stealthy Dark Eldar ship and blowing it up in a rather satisfying manner. Rather EVE-like, now that I think about it. :v:

Edit:

The Lord Solar Macharius is a Dictator-class cruiser. The jokes are writing themselves here

No Eisenhorn is good reading, I'm saying that the character is a loving retard with the major decisions he makes.

edit: though to be fair, consorting with the daemonhost who has a hardon for you since book 1 does play out when you use it to kill a loving TITAN.

you feelin fucky
May 23, 2009

Retarded Goatee posted:

I can't believe these asshats actually thought it was a good idea to drop on a neut archon repping blues on a gate. :downs:

next to a blue cyno :downsgun:

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

The bonds of blood transcend all others.
But no blood runs stronger than that of Sanguinius
Grimey Drawer

Viva Miriya posted:

No Eisenhorn is good reading, I'm saying that the character is a loving retard with the major decisions he makes.

edit: though to be fair, consorting with the daemonhost who has a hardon for you since book 1 does play out when you use it to kill a loving TITAN.

I loved the series up until the point where he killed the Titan and then my interest abruptly petered out.

Martin BadClixx
Jul 14, 2012

dada stijl

:cumpolice:

Viva Miriya posted:

No you don't understand today is the best day ever. Not only this poo poo went down but now I just guided in HORDE neut mallers on a NCdot logistics line in the midst of some dumb CVA/PL/NPSI/NC. honor brawl. Everyone is getting hosed today.

I regret that i am working so couldnt join. Last time we killed poo poo with mallers (tri and n3?) was hilarious. poo poo died, people where mad so a good day.

Helpimscared
Jun 16, 2014

I got a BL dread killmail today so I'm happy

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

TrickNixon posted:

Be online Saturday. You'll be alright.

lol

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

ullerrm posted:

The old standard 10MN+scram dualrep pulse fit is still viable; just have to swap one tank rig for a second ACR.

code:
[Confessor, 10mn dlp april]
Damage Control II
Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane II
Small Armor Repairer II
Small Armor Repairer II
Heat Sink II

Experimental 10MN Afterburner I
Faint Epsilon Warp Scrambler I
Small Electrochemical Capacitor Booster I, Navy Cap Booster 400

Dual Light Pulse Laser II, Scorch S
[empty high slot]
Expanded Probe Launcher II, Core Scanner Probe I

Small Ancillary Current Router II
Small Ancillary Current Router I
Small Auxiliary Nano Pump II

Scorch S x7
Conflagration S x7
Imperial Navy Multifrequency S x7
Navy Cap Booster 400 x30
This will be becoming considerably more swag in June due to the addition of new meta levels for 10MN AB, one of which will have fitting comparable to the current Cosmos module. In that case, you'll be able to go back to two tank rigs if you use genolutions or a 5% grid implant.

The Warlords fit is still my favorite fit for beam kiting.

code:
[Confessor, Warlords 10MN Beam import 1]
Internal Force Field Array I
Small Ancillary Armor Repairer, Nanite Repair Paste
Heat Sink II
Heat Sink II
Nanofiber Internal Structure II

Warp Disruptor II
X5 Prototype Engine Enervator

Expanded Probe Launcher II, Core Scanner Probe I
[empty high slot]
Dual Light Beam Laser II, Aurora S

Small Energy Locus Coordinator II

Thank you, that helps quite a bit.

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

Also, oh god, the Jackdaw. I hacked up PyFa to test some fittings.

quote:

[Jackdaw, harpyfleet 2.0]

F85 Peripheral Damage System I
Micro Auxiliary Power Core II

Balmer Series Tracking Disruptor I
Upgraded EM Ward Amplifier I
Adaptive Invulnerability Field II
Adaptive Invulnerability Field II
Medium Shield Extender II

Light Missile Launcher II, Caldari Navy Scourge Light Missile
[Empty High slot]

Small Core Defense Field Extender II

MOTHER OF GOD.

Also, it has a flat HP bonus, which means it's going to still maintain respectable EHP when fitted with Polarized rockets. Might actually be a good replacement for the Polarax.

ullerrm fucked around with this message at 23:44 on May 9, 2015

Normal Barbarian
Nov 24, 2006

Retarded Goatee posted:

I was there when they kept shooting SUAS's cyno even after he convo'ed them, then dropped on them, then started killing them one by one and giving them a chance to stop after each loss.

Others might be less skilled, but FCON is the dumbest.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

scandoslav posted:

I was there when they kept shooting SUAS's cyno even after he convo'ed them, then dropped on them, then started killing them one by one and giving them a chance to stop after each loss.

their e-honoure~ left them no choice but to fight to the bitter end

Viva Miriya posted:

Somewhere in the rear end end of H1gay1 The Mittani strokes his goatee counting fat stacks of unmarked hundred dollar bills with UAxDeath whilst the Imperium's LORD SOLARS were all busy leading a strategic op on a 32-man H1Z1 server.

mandozer you are a good poster

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Should really be a Geocities email.

Since TMC looks like it is stuck in the era of geocities....

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

quote:

Receipt

Special 90 Day Reactivation Offer

Payment Method
PayPal

3 Month EVE subscription
$29.99
Total
$29.99

gently caress every single one of you

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

scandoslav posted:

The logic that goes on during diplomatic incidents is the best. I've never seen it go any way but badly for the person trying to be an asshat, but yet they continue to try.

:byodood: Hey, there are nuetrals in a fleet with blues not shooting each other. Lets drop on them and snipe the nuetrals!
:v: Quit loving shooting the nuetrals in our fleet
:byodood: Not blue shoot it
:v: Well, rip you I guess
:byodood: I'M GOING TO GET YOU RESET gently caress YOU

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Elmnt80 posted:

The logic that goes on during diplomatic incidents is the best. I've never seen it go any way but badly for the person trying to be an asshat, but yet they continue to try.

:byodood: Hey, there are nuetrals in a fleet with blues not shooting each other. Lets drop on them and snipe the nuetrals!
:v: Quit loving shooting the nuetrals in our fleet
:byodood: Not blue shoot it
:v: Well, rip you I guess
:byodood: I'M GOING TO GET YOU RESET gently caress YOU

The peril of the shooting people: They tend to forget others can also shoot at them.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Is my stash of Cerberuses in Syndicate buffed yet? Or should I just disappear into a wormhole with MY MUNINN whenever this stupid client reinstalls? I was finally seduced by the thoughts of 2012-era SV all being in hole squad, a squad more useless than post-SUAS SV.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

ullerrm posted:

MOTHER OF GOD.

Also, it has a flat HP bonus, which means it's going to still maintain respectable EHP when fitted with Polarized rockets. Might actually be a good replacement for the Polarax.

No room for the probe launcher on it? I find it really helpful. That's pretty cool though.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Hello

grumplestiltzkin
Jun 7, 2012

Ass, gas, or grass. No one rides for free.

Luigi Thirty posted:

:rip:

Rapid lights on cerberus are hilarious anti-tackle, and muninns dont tend to see much use anymore. Holesquad doesnt really use either, its all about that fat armor poo poo, son.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Elmnt80 posted:

I dunno. Back when Sam Handwhich was around it was pretty easy to shoot blues. He was so stoned all the time that you could claim he okayed something if poo poo hit the fan and everyone pretty much went "don't do that again".

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Luigi Thirty posted:

i told you not to, so dont blame me motherfucker

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

Viva Miriya posted:

Eisenhorn is a must read if you're a fan of 40k.
But you're complaining that someone who is ostensibly smart makes dumb decisions in Warhammer 40k. The setting where innovation and creative thinking are charges for execution rather than signs of progress. :crossarms:

I like that Jackdaw fit. Then again I like the Jackdaw. Sorely tempted to point one of my characters in it's direction but still so many higher priorities first.

Zasze
Apr 29, 2009

Luigi Thirty posted:

Is my stash of Cerberuses in Syndicate buffed yet? Or should I just disappear into a wormhole with MY MUNINN whenever this stupid client reinstalls? I was finally seduced by the thoughts of 2012-era SV all being in hole squad, a squad more useless than post-SUAS SV.

Your the worst luigi

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥
Well the good news is that now I don't have to worry about working a 10-hour shift and then coming home to spend another 4 hours dragging a Dreadnaught halfway up the galactic plane while SMA members repeatedly get their carriers tackled on gates.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Zasze posted:

Your the worst luigi

agreed

Wolfy
Jul 13, 2009

Very rude of you to call us space trash in your application, Luigi.

KaoliniteMilkshake
Jul 9, 2010

Luigi Thirty posted:

RLML cerbs would probably fit fine into MWD gilafleet as anti-tackle. Muninns don't really fit anything we do but I'm sure you'd find some use for it when we aggressively kitchen sink at poo poo. Right now we're eyeing Taloses as something with amazing damage output that's also moderately expendable to gank marauders and poo poo with smaller numbers and 1-2 logi.

Really, it's a good time to be semi-useless and watching from the wings. If k-space gets really interesting, who knows WHAT we'll do.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Wolfy posted:

Very rude of you to call us space trash in your application, Luigi.

Well a POS is sort of like a space double-wide and a kitchen sink fleet is sort of like a space Mad Max fight scene

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

The famous dueling tournament, 'The Legends Trial', has moved to PPG-XC, to escape various expenses associated with having its tournament inside Federation space. Also by staging the tournament here, it can choose from a larger variety of competitors, such as criminals and members of outlaw organizations which would be immediately arrested in Federation space.

The Legends Trial is a popular show on Federation TV, it is broadcasted to billions of screens across many regions. Huge money is at stake, and gambling on the events is extremely popular. It is therefore not surprising that various criminal networks are working hard to 'influence' the outcome of the show and rig fights. The organizers of the Legends Trials have hired a sizable mercenary fleet to protect its assets, but even so it has become extremely vulnerable to pirate meddling, especially due to its new location outside of the protective embrace of Federation space. Certainly a freelance merc pilots dream come true.

Xii
Dec 27, 2011

Only the coldest prevail.

Nostalgia4Murder posted:

The famous dueling tournament, 'The Legends Trial', has moved to PPG-XC, to escape various expenses associated with having its tournament inside Federation space. Also by staging the tournament here, it can choose from a larger variety of competitors, such as criminals and members of outlaw organizations which would be immediately arrested in Federation space.

The Legends Trial is a popular show on Federation TV, it is broadcasted to billions of screens across many regions. Huge money is at stake, and gambling on the events is extremely popular. It is therefore not surprising that various criminal networks are working hard to 'influence' the outcome of the show and rig fights. The organizers of the Legends Trials have hired a sizable mercenary fleet to protect its assets, but even so it has become extremely vulnerable to pirate meddling, especially due to its new location outside of the protective embrace of Federation space. Certainly a freelance merc pilots dream come true.

Wait what?

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Xii posted:

Wait what?

At a guess?

Lore for some dueling tournament that's going to be held.

Normal Barbarian
Nov 24, 2006

It's one of those lore pop-up things when you enter a certain system, like the "profitable gas clouds" one that Brave adopted as a meme.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

scandoslav posted:

It's one of those lore pop-up things when you enter a certain system, like the "profitable gas clouds" one that Brave adopted as a meme.

One of the most revered holy sites of the Blood Raiders is located in the constellation OK-FEM, called the Pagera Manton. The Pagera Manton was a giant space-ship that was at the head of a massive Amarrian exploration team that had ventured into unknown lands hundreds of years ago.

Fix Lag
Sep 8, 2011

There's a sale at Penny's!
Who is DOKDO and why are they posting really weird poo poo in GBS?

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Fix Lag posted:

The answer to both your questions is: Koreans.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Fix Lag posted:

Free vouch into ISRAD for any holesquad dude who awoxes Mara Tessidar's Paladin and steals his poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MacPac
Jun 2, 2006

Grimey Drawer

ullerrm posted:

MOTHER OF GOD.

whats the speed?

• Locked thread